Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Favorite Epic Duel Stage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Favorite Epic Duel Stage
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/22/2015 22:06:52   
DELTA BEING

I hope this hasn't been asked before, but what is your favorite stage of Epic Duel? Alpha? Beta? Gamma? Delta?
Epic  Post #: 1
8/23/2015 0:51:04   
  Exploding Penguin

I personally liked gamma a lot, but beta has so many memories too.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/23/2015 4:29:45   
shadow.bane

gamma was on fire , delta i did my most wins , omega i hope it ends soon and never memorise it :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/23/2015 6:07:38   
8x

Yup, this thread has been made many times before. A large majority of people's favourite stages are the ones in which they started playing, because at that point they were the most enthusiastic about EpicDuel.

For me, it's Beta.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/23/2015 6:20:11   
Satafou

I found Gamma the most enjoyable phase, although Beta was good as well, i was more active during Gamma so i guess that speaks for itself as to which phase i enjoyed the most.
Post #: 5
8/23/2015 9:20:10   
Mother1

Since I only play in two phases I will say the one I enjoyed was Delta. Back then the classes were still different and we had far more variety in comparison to now.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/23/2015 14:12:28   
HEARLV.

I joined in Beta. I liked Beta
Epic  Post #: 7
8/24/2015 0:04:58   
Daph Duck

Epsilon.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/24/2015 0:15:51   
midnight santa

Beta is bettah
Epic  Post #: 9
8/24/2015 16:57:13   
Lord Machaar

In terms of game content and quality, mine is Omega.

In terms of game diversity and fun, it would probably be Gamma-Delta, mainly because of the unique wars. I consider this era as the peak of game diversity as it held two things, 6 classes + weapons with unique stats + passives, other phases had/has only one of them, at tops 2 of them.

In terms of ethusiasm, as 8x said, it was probably beta. I played in beta, it sucked for non-varium players, builds were so limited, I mean that was normal since there were only 3 classes and 1 robot, varium players ruled with that strenght BH build, massacre with smoke screen, mercenaries did good with support builds but preformed better with 5 focus, strenght mercenary build was sucidal, win or lose, once that berserker gets blocked you are dead, that's why strenght BH was better, and TMs had a universal build, 5 focus with malfunction and assault bot.. Yet passives and uniqueness of each weapon still makes this phase more diverse than Omega.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/24/2015 16:58:39 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
8/24/2015 19:07:43   
.Lord Ginger.

The content of Omega is bad, honestly. New guests artists/mission chains suck.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/24/2015 20:17:22   
One Winged Angel1357

@Lord Ginger My apologies that we aren't living up to our exceptions. Is there anything specific you can single out for us to improve on because unfortunately you haven't given much as to how or why we need to improve
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/24/2015 20:26:36   
DanniiBoiixD

I started around Mid-Late Beta and I liked the game, because I was playing with friends. It had a certain charm to it that I really liked, and I stuck with it after my friends left. I was nowhere near being close to an almost halfway good player, but I liked it.

My favorite phase is Gamma. This is the phase where I really started understanding the mechanics of the game, and was able to design decent builds as a Non-Varium player.

Delta really did go in the right direction when they made it so that a Non-Var player could pay around double the normal credit price to purchase weapons with varium properties. If the game had've kept going on like that, but with new mechanics and classes, I think it would be a LOT more fun than it is now.

Omega showed a lot of promise in the beginning. However, you could honestly tell that they did not know what they were doing with balance. I honestly don't think they even had a direction for the game. When they got rid of passives, that was the start of some terrible balance changes. IIRC, the first change after that was BH's static grenade, and it was not needed in the slightest.

< Message edited by DanniiBoiixD -- 8/25/2015 19:45:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/24/2015 21:52:26   
ambien

the best was beta then gamma the rest were ok omega what is that can some one tell me please. it was just a test right.

beta when the build was made, it was made to play ( not luck damg, luck blocking, luck ctriz etc etc ) now this thing called underdog that is a joke ask a lot of the players. when you won the match it took skill ( not crazy damg by bots that do 500 pts of damg lol wow where has ed gone to.)

when you had to think the moves not saying l can do 300 pts of damg because l have underdog cheevo it made ed sad. bring the skill back, drop the luck factor, once an see the real builds work.

the crazy support builds you got to laugh at them everyone knows the 2 1st moves and the 3rd, an when the underdog wins he says noob get real make a build you have think how to play not just push or click the the 3 moves. yes beta was 1st when builds were builds an the players played all night an had fun . now it is fame me plz or 9 out of the ten builds are copys. suupport, or dex mult bh builds, or the support build. ed needs to have a total recall in the game.

bring the days of beta back

anyway my thoughts on this always the syfy
Post #: 14
8/24/2015 23:35:35   
  Exploding Penguin

Omega is a really sloppy phase.

It came out with fun mechanics and people were excited because people are always excited at anything new in a game, especially with the number of changes Omega made at the beginning. Unfortunately the changes themselves were bad and the fun very quickly wore off. Then a bunch of other changes came out and followed the same pattern: Fun and seemingly good because anything pretty different and new is generally taken well then later realized to not be good.

The only good changes I can think of a somewhat minor ones that have had their legacy long die out.

So basically, new releases aren't that fun anymore. Then everybody realized that the only reason people play the game now are because of the devotion players have when they invest a lot of time into it. And so the releases target this devotion. Rares, achievements, and missions. And now all releases are pretty much geared towards this with slight number changes to skills every now and then to satisfy the masses complaining about balance. The balance changes themselves sometimes target the right things but it isn't really what will help ED at all.

And now, most of the releases are basically just guest stuff. Guest artists, guest writers, it feels like trying to make a game in RPG maker except you don't even need to go through the painstaking effort of ripping all the tiles and sprites or think about writing a story. The staff is basically just given resources now in order to make releases which will keep the devoted players stuck to the game, and there is very little attention geared towards the creeping players on the forums who barely play the game but still lurk around a bit. To me it seems like a lot of half-hearted effort stuck in here. I would suggest to either actually put full devotion into ED or another game and not split it and make ED seem like a dying game on its last legs that has no signs of ever coming back and is just barely managing to scrape by.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 8/24/2015 23:37:38 >
Epic  Post #: 15
8/25/2015 5:54:47   
RaXZerGamingZ

omega is the only stage i played because i didnt use to play on pc allot , i just played with my friends allot but now i cant . i watched older stages on youtube and my favourite is the last stage with passives and smaller numbers , i dont know the name
Post #: 16
8/25/2015 6:20:20   
InFlamed Fury

^^^ Delta Phase is the phase you are referring to I believe ^^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/25/2015 8:46:13   
SouL Prisoner

Beta and early gamma i would say.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/25/2015 12:43:59   
Death Gigas

Beta is my favorite stage mainly because fame didn't exist, NPC's counted toward 1v1, and the servers were always full. But now, when I log in, it won't be five minutes and players are just like, "f4f, fame back, noob, codes, etc". I enjoyed hanging out in Central in the previous stages, but now I have to hide from everyone because of fame and code beggars.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
9/3/2015 16:31:02   
RaXZerGamingZ

@inflamed fury i dunno but you get what i mean :D
Post #: 20
9/3/2015 16:45:37   
SonicTbear

@Death Gigas: The word "noob" was used in Beta and all other phases as well.

While on that subject, Beta was the best, but I rarely played after about a year of having to deal too much with those eight year olds. After they act like Jesus Christ, thinking they're all invincible, you have to pwn them or they'll laugh at you for losing after they insulted you so much and failing to shut them the hell up as well, thus making their "bigger than the entire planet Jupiter" ego even bigger than it already is. Omega did bring some good things like the removal of base stats for armors and weapons, making stuff like Founder armor no longer the best in the game, because you had that, and doesn't matter your age or how mature you are on the internet, but you were God against non-Founders and people who didn't wear the armor. But Beta and Gamma were the best. With the exception of Beta and Omega (and Alpha which I've never played, ofc), I played Gamma and Delta about a quarter of a year starting from when each of those phases launched, so my favoritism leaned towards Beta.

Oh, and low leveled because new account. Old one was banned.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 9/3/2015 16:48:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/4/2015 0:28:28   
Death Gigas

@SonicTbear: The word "noob" in Beta wasn't used as often as it is now. In Omega, that word is used all the time which caused me to lose respect for the Omega players. Everyday when I'm in 1v1, I'll get about 5 opponents that will keep spamming it when I'm close to defeating them. Which it is getting ridiculous now, people have no respect anymore.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/5/2015 1:26:05   
Lord Noonien Soong

Delta was a glorious time, we had the EbilCorp war, Alydriah in Frysteland and in Fortune City, and battles were more fairer then.

Then came Omega...but that is something I'll keep to my self.
DF  Post #: 23
9/5/2015 5:04:11   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Yes it's been asked before. A lot.

But since then people may have different views on "the best". For me it was Gamma, first started the game then and sadly just skipped Beta. Everything felt more open and free and now in Omega I felt restricted quite badly. It feels like ED went from a being a kid who enjoys playing outside to a kid stuck indoors doing homework.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
9/5/2015 7:09:46   
shadow.bane

^ no one could have said it better :D .
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Favorite Epic Duel Stage
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition