Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Passives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Passives
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/30/2015 3:37:25   
Cookiesaregood

Why were passives taken out of the game again?
I dont think there was a need for it tbh
Post #: 1
8/30/2015 5:02:19   
JeezusOfIdeas

What do you mean again?
And because they offered too much benefit for nothing in return. Sort of like energy skills do now.
Post #: 2
8/30/2015 5:03:15   
  Exploding Penguin

Because the community asked for it. Or a small part of it did.

Basically passives were a must-have no matter what build you made and the idea was to make it so that you would have more freedom with skill points without passives in the tree, thus opening up more build variety. Didn't really end up like that. Cause the new actives on a lot of the classes basically have the same problem.
Epic  Post #: 3
8/30/2015 10:34:04   
Cookiesaregood

But isnt that what made classes unique. It seems like all the classes are the same and its getting pretty bland. Every class has a healing mechanism other than field medic, a way to regain energy and a way to steal energy. The only difference is some classes have the skills better than others do.
Post #: 4
8/30/2015 11:21:46   
Mother1

While that was true the problem was they were a must have for every build. That was why a small part of the community wanted them gone so variety would come back. Problem was that the mass majority of the actives were nothing more than active counterparts of the passives they replaced. So the original problem never went away while more problems came along.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/1/2015 19:42:22   
Stonehawk

quote:

So the original problem never went away while more problems came along.

It's a good reason to try to bring them back, even if in different ways (as I suggested before, passives coming with the class, not depending on skill points or stats, and increasing its effect as you lvl up your character, and keeping the actives as they are)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Passives
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition