Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A tweak to the hardcore mission formula

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> A tweak to the hardcore mission formula
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/31/2015 18:30:24   
One Winged Angel1357

Way back in April we released a batch of hardcore missions and then collected feedback on how you guys would like them to be changed. One thing that didn't come up to my knowledge was allowing casual players a way of getting something out of these missions without creating a varium shortcut to the prize or any other method that undermines hard work.

So the idea I was talking over with NW was creating a normal chain that drops items similar to the Yutilian Artifact which can be sold for credits; however, it is also part of the objective on a hardcore chain where you give up X-amount of credits to earn yourself a larger prize. Now this system would have some things to prevent user error like warnings on the item description and mission text as well as the item being added to the shop so you can buy it if you need a quick fix of credits now to buy a returning promo and will build up your credit supply again while knocking out the PvP or PvE requirement.

I just wanted to run this by the community before trying the idea out on a release so please tell me what you think about it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/31/2015 20:41:31   
Lord Machaar

Anyways, I didn't understand a word you said, at first I was reading about hardcore missions, then I found myself reading about another type of mission chains, and ending up reading about returing promo weapons. I would really like you to explain this puzzled post of yours.

But since we are talking about missions and I heard the word mission, I wanna talk about 2 things concerning missions in general, and hardcore missions in general:
missions in general: Man, like when you will stop releasing keys/trophies/tokens, I mean I've already got 10 of these and they don't seem to stop. And on top of that, selling them will mean losing that shop for ever, and even worse, some shops are just shame, containing coreless weapons, and outdated weapons (NW's armory shop), and etc... there are 2 solutions to this, you whether make these items don't count in your inventory or just stop releasing them because from here to december, I won't find a spot for new weapons.

hardcore missions: I want to mainly talk about rewards, since you didn't listen to the fact that PVP is broken and these missions only make PVP more broken. Anyways, I completed the second mission of this week's hardcore mission chain (300 PVP wins), I was surprised by the reward, sure I did read the "dragonoid gear", but I didn't expect a coreless mutating weapon without a tag and which means I will never use since currently class's specific weapons can't be used anyways, and the set is sold for 5k credits like really? 300 PVP wins for this? I mean 300 PVP wins means going through a broken PVP enrionement that wasn't balanced since may (5 months ago). Yet the bigger surprise is, the reward of the third hardcore mission (300 pvp wons), and wait for it please, the E version of the crappy mutating weapon from earlier, Ba Dum Tssssss, Ta da. Great. I hope next hardcore missions you give options to players to choose from various rewards, I mean I'm playing this hardcore mission just for the cheevo, which I hope you put it as the first reward since the others don't really look appealing to me. I mean just last hardcore mission chain you set "the lagomorph battlegear" as a reward, like you can't get any creative guys and give us swords, armors or just a bloody hell 10k credits or 10 battle tokens for god's almighty sake.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/31/2015 20:49:20 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
8/31/2015 21:05:02   
One Winged Angel1357

I'm going to be honest creating large chains of hardcore missions never appealed to me and thus both were created by Ranloth.

My version of Hardcore missions is you get to the end of the normal chain and then added onto the end is a hardcore mission. Objective will change from PvP to PvE but it will be one mission with the reward reward of an item. If the item doesn't interest you then you don't have to complete it to see if the next reward does because it is the end of the chain.

The idea I was pitching was during the normal chain you get items sellable for credits if the hardcore mission is of no interest to you but they will be needed to be turned in to complete the hardcore mission. Chances are if you are doing the hardcore mission credits really aren't an issue for you so rewarding you with more credits is just useless
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/31/2015 21:25:32   
Mother1

@ OWA

The only reason Ranloth even started that was because of players complaining contently about having no challenging missions (Hardcore players) and this contently happened so the staff gave in and had those missions put in.

It was the 1st of it's kind in a sense seeing as there is no way of bypassing to get to the reward (seeing as the yeti trainer missions were the firsts but could be bypassed with Varium) However as Lord Machaar has pointed out with such a toxic PVP environment these kind of missions are like a slap to the face or kicking a person below the belt.

Personally the first chain (Bunny missions) I detested it because of how horrid balance was and only did it for the cheevo at the end of the chain. While IMO the environment is a lot less hostile than before it still is very unbalanced and for those who like getting the cheevo's it is painful for them.

My advice would be to do like it used to be and make it where players can once again choose what mission they want to do instead of forcing them to go through certain missions just so they can get to the one they want (sometimes said mission can be the very last one)

Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> A tweak to the hardcore mission formula
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition