Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Greatly increase credit rewards for PvP battles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Greatly increase credit rewards for PvP battles
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2015 1:38:21   
  Exploding Penguin

To demote the idea of farming NPCs till the quota since this is a PvP game and should be about player interaction. As a result, this will probably reduce queue times as more people turn to actual PvP fights for getting money.
Epic  Post #: 1
9/2/2015 3:26:08   
Foulman

Supported. And maybe there could be pvp drops as well if the credit rewards aren't increased.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/2/2015 4:00:16   
Mother1

Kind of hard to demote the idea of grinding on NPC's when

1) We have/had missions that required you to get drops that didn't have a 100% drop rate and you need a lot of them

2) For some NPC grinding is a safe way to rank up so they can compete against higher ranked players and feel better about themselves than going without them.

So to be honest as long as we get missions that promote NPC grinding for drop items and have ranks NPCing won't be discouraged.

Personally I support this Idea but I just had to point out that fact as well.
Epic  Post #: 3
9/2/2015 4:20:38   
Lord Machaar

I mean just this morning at reset, there were roughly 140 players, 2vs2 wasn't working at all so I had to try 1vs1, which took some time to start also, and the problem is, you face the same opponent many
times. The game now should decide between turning this game into a PVE or maintaining it as a PVP, because it is hard to combine both when you have a small amount of players. I think soon 2vs2/jugg will
be disabled so there will be enough players for 1vs1.
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
9/2/2015 14:27:43   
  Exploding Penguin

I'm pretty sure people just do missions now and the mission requirements decides whether or not they NPC or fight actual PvP. This is kinda nice because there's always something to do and always something to accomplish but I really miss the feeling of just logging on and doing some PvPs to gain some EXP, and slowly build my way up levels.

IMO NPCs should only exist for 3 major reasons in terms of battling them:

1. To farm up if you are underequipped. Mostly applies to the lower levels where this happens more often.
2. To fight if they are very challenging and drop a cheevo. Pretty much just bosses.
3. To finish a mission. This does not mean get 20 bone drops or whatever, it means kill a boss or a specific NPC or something once, maybe twice.

If anything, what I really hate to see is when people treat ED as a game where they log on, kill an NPC 100 times, then log off. Rinse and repeat till they gain enough credits to buy whatever they want and then just complete their character's design. Removes ANY feeling of competitive PvP from the game itself.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/2/2015 14:45:33   
Satafou

You could implement bonuses for win streaks, in terms of credits, and a player on a high win streak would have a high bounty on his head ect. That would be a great way to promote PVP giving motivation to both the one on the win streak to maintain their win streak and for the other player to win the bounty. There is so much small implementations you could do for ED yet no one would even bother to put the effort in, this game was a lost cause years ago.
Post #: 6
9/3/2015 3:59:43   
nowras

Killstreaks would never be implemented due to flash limitations
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/3/2015 6:27:55   
Satafou

Or so they say... Even so, there is alternative options to add the same feature in-game but simply with a different approach. You could simply add a new NPC and much like a shop, enable him to grant pvp reward bonuses, (in a shop like style, trade 5 win streak for +200 credits or whatever). Or even a mission since ED is so purely focused on this aspect of the game the past few years and that could be the "bounty" on defeating a player with a high win streak, the game can calculate daily win%s so it also can quite obviously calculate the win streaks of individual players.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 9/3/2015 6:31:56 >
Post #: 8
9/3/2015 7:43:55   
Foulman

Win streaks would be good, but only if defeating higher leveled/ranked players counts as extra kills for the win streak mission, but doesn't go on win records.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Greatly increase credit rewards for PvP battles
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition