Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New phase

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New phase
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2015 4:24:08   
Front45

when will be new phase of epicduel? im afk now because

1. jugg is dead
2. 1 vs 1 is dead because of high rank players
3. 2 vs 2 is dead if u don't have force azrael's gun and i don't have it

so i don't playing and waiting new phase of epicduel. or waiting big big balance, because this game is 100% broken. need work new phase or balance changes update soon. there are only 187 people now and rounding and rounding 2 vs 2 and 1 vs 1 no matter play. bored. people are tired. we are waiting biggest balance changes or new phase. when u will do this? enough !!!
Post #: 1
9/2/2015 6:28:06   
Satafou

There simply won't be a new phase, if anything expect a new game on unity in however many years to come, because i highly doubt we will get acc data transfers over to it.
Post #: 2
9/2/2015 7:00:38   
shadow.bane

stop blaming azrael man .... i am playing without fro 2 months and not losing ... change ur tactics or build or what ever , ur just not a good player .face it -.- .
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/2/2015 13:20:24   
Death Gigas

At some point in time, Omega will come to an end. But I'm not sure if we'll go to a new phase. Even if there is a new phase, all battle modes will remain the same. I have seen every phase of EpicDuel with the exception of Alpha, all battle modes are the same going into the new phase. The day we went Beta to Gamma, 1v1 and 2v2 did not change, it was all the same.

So with that said, a new phase might not help you if you cannot win. By the way it sounds, you need to reorganize your build, it's possible to defeat every player. I fight 2v2 occasionally and when someone uses Azrael's gun on me, my team can still win. About your issue with 1v1 and high-rank players, when I was level 39, I defeated a level 40 at the rank of 95.

So, instead of blaming the game because you can't win, rethink your build and strategy. The reason you're losing is because of your build, not the game.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/2/2015 14:19:44   
  Exploding Penguin

I doubt a new phase will address anything that you have been specifically requesting.
Epic  Post #: 5
9/2/2015 19:32:51   
One Winged Angel1357

I'm no professional programmer so this is all just speculation.

Each change of phase is just as new iteration of the epicduel engine. The only two things i have to support this short of a Dev telling me is alpha to beta and delta to omega. From alpha to beta the entire game had to be retooled to allow and make use of varium. During the wait for omega it was specifically stated that titan and rabble were going through most if not all of the engine to clean things up and add a lot of back end changes.

So unless the new phase is made to overhaul the combat engine i would doubt a new phase would address your problems

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/2/2015 20:08:05   
Lord Machaar

Even if it was possible to build a new phase, why doing so for such simple demands?
I mean the guy is not asking for a new core system where it is easier to make cores or make a new battle mode or a new system, just fix the god dam* game, through what? through balance. What is balance?
A process in which we fix the game. Who can make balance? Balancers. Where do we get them, do we have to pay them? There are plenty of player who are willing to help, and they are volunteers, we don't have to pay them a single penny.
Yet, can you name the balancers we have in-game? Yes, we have many, we have Mecha Mario, Mario Mecha, WhiteTiger, TigerWhite, White Mario and Black Mario. They look like a lot of testers/balancers
but in reality they are only 1.5 balancers. One of them is a forum AK/Moderator/Bug squasher/Something else/and another something else, while the other one is busy editing wiki pages that no one sees.
Seems like a pretty good balancing team to me.
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
9/2/2015 20:42:57   
  Exploding Penguin

To be honest I don't have an issue with balance. I lose and win some fights but I haven't seen a notably OP build in a long while.

It's more like matchmaking ruins the fairness of PvP.

Also, you forgot to list green mario. Wait, never mind, there is no green mario.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/2/2015 20:50:38   
Mother1

@ exploding penguin

That happens due to the lack of players in the game which forces the engine to go real far to find a match for someone who wants to play a battle mode. If we had a safety net for when the population was low this wouldn't be too much of an issue however that is something we don't have.

Add to the fact that we have people going back to school now due to summer vacation being over the population will be even smaller than before now.
Epic  Post #: 9
9/3/2015 3:23:27   
8x

@Lord Machaar
FYI, White Tiger doesn't have anything to do with the balance.
Epic  Post #: 10
9/3/2015 11:23:34   
Lord Machaar

Holy potato, which means now we have only 0.5 balancer? a half balancer? Man, I didn't think it was this bad, and I was wondering why the balance changes take place each decade.
But hey you know what, let's hire a PR guy, he will solve the problem.

And for those who say we have 1 balancer not a half balancer, we actually have a half balancer, since Mr. Mecha Mario AKA: Lead Tester, Moderator, Bug Tracker Liaison, ArchKnight and Secret agent.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 9/3/2015 11:47:20 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
9/3/2015 12:47:18   
RaXZerGamingZ

haha , the game is 100% broken, abusing is to simple to do , passives got removed wich made cyber useless , removing passives added getting energy for all classes wich completely ruined the game because its to complicated , the only way to fix this is to remove omega and add a diffirent phase
Post #: 12
9/3/2015 12:54:53   
One Winged Angel1357

@Lord Machaar I know Ranloth told you this I will repeat it anyway because it's been a few months. Even if we had twenty balancers, that is to say twenty people trained on how to use the balance tool and not step on each others toes in the process, balance updates would still be spaced way apart.

You release a balance patch and you then have to wait for the meta shift that comes with every patch. Once the meta has found it's new home you look at all the builds in the meta and see what skills are under preforming, over preforming, and not being used. Then you move onto stats to see if you have any serious spam issues like strength giving too much of a reward with little punishment. Next you come up with your ideas and compare them to the forums ideas to figure out the best solution to the idea. Once you want to test a solution you call in the testing team and see how it plays out. Rinse and repeat until you have a solution you like and then start the cycle again once the patch is live.

If action was taken to correct whatever break out build happened 12 hours after the update then balance would be an absolute mess with knee jerk reactions destroying builds and crippling classes just for sharing skills. So as much as you yell balance is taking to long find more people well that is just more people to be waiting on the game to stabilize before they can start to work because the monkeys with typewriters principle
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/3/2015 15:01:05   
Lord Machaar

OWA, I'm not here talking about "tweaks", I'm talking about big changes to the game, I'm talking about 2vs2 fix, juggernaut fix, war fix, etc.. these things require immediate fix, we aren't talking here about
a class or a build used by few players, we are here talking about features, PVP features, that aren't directly related with the tweaks you are talking about, otherwise, wouldn't they be fixed by now?

I mean, let's use logic a little bit here, imagine the half balancer Mecha Mario we have tries to balance 2vs2, I mean how he can do that alone? Go to the dev server, replicate his character 4 times and then play with himself?
like playing chess with yourself. Same goes for juggernaut, or even fixing the war system, how many balancers in this case do matter, even if they aren't "skilled" enough, there are things that one balancer
will never replicate if he doesn't have help, one of which is different thinking, different méthodes of playing, I mean I'm sure Mecha Mario doesn't even have the time to play the game, nor the time to
check the game after the patchnotes, and by the game I mean PVP in Epic server. Let's face it here, balance occurs only when players start crying in forums, balancers will never run the extra mile, or "balancer"

The more balancers we have, the better balance tweaks we have, sure, maybe too many balancers won't solve the time gap between each patchnote, but atleast 20 balancers will make quality tweaks, and once again, just look at how strenght was fixed, you are nerfing a stat that is shared by 6 classes, we aren't here talking about an overlapping skill, we are talking about a stat that is shared by 6 classes, getting nerfed, knowing that not all classes had an OP strenght build.
This could've have been dodged if effort was put in the fix, going in details and seeing what's wrong, but sure, a half balancer can do that, and 20 balancers won't help. Logic. ED Logic.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 9/3/2015 15:03:07 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
9/3/2015 16:46:12   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

Big changes can be just as bad a little tweaks if all the area's aren't covered. Remember to passive to active change? That was a big change and look at how it turned out.

It would originally supposed to be done to make it so passive skills weren't a must have for every build as well as add more planning into the game.

However, the staff messed up by not looking at the backlash it would cause AKA the massive stress on energy. It also didn't help that this was put on top of adding costs to the cores which made this even worse for the masses.

It was this change that lead to the band aid fixes of giving the remaining classes energy based moves in the attempt to fix this problem (which it didn't) and ironically the original problem they were trying to solve never was due to the way they made the actives that replaced the passives.

I mean other than Fire scythe and energy parasite none of the actives were truly different than their passive counterparts other than

1) They cost energy

and/or

2) They were always on.

But before I go way off the hill my original point is does the game need change? Yes it does? However, we don't need change that is so sloppy that it causes more problems than before.
Epic  Post #: 15
9/3/2015 17:44:10   
  Exploding Penguin

I would prefer large, radical changes that repeatedly make large impacts on the game even if they do suck as much as passive-to-active changes. It at least keeps the meta fresh and changing. Right now the small changes which target balance in the current environment and not really the main problems which are actually fun factor and poor matchmaking (which is a result of the game lacking fun factor).

Constant change is at least fun to play with. Barely anything being done to the game's current state is boring and won't help the game at all.
Epic  Post #: 16
9/3/2015 17:46:08   
Lord Machaar

Mother1

We can't be looking at negative things only, I mean big changes like the underdog mode, even if it's underperforming in some level/rank ranges, or the strenght nerf despite the collateral damages it has resulted in, I consider these big changes as a positive ones since they fixed more than they ruined the game.

The passive to active change was necessary to bring the game to a stable state, whether we liked it or not, the players requested a change, not a remove, a change to make each class unique with its passive skill, yet devs transformed that to a total removal of these passive skills.

I mean sure everyone wants a change, yet the problem lays in how, maybe you and I agree on a fix to 2vs2, but each one has a different way to fix it, that's why asking for players' opinions always helps, although OWA doesn't also agree with that, since according to him, and also to NW/Titan, players are dumb, they can't come up with solutions, therefore they consider their ideas as the best, without a chance to change them.
This is how ED worked, and still working, and the hardcore slogan of Omega, which is "let players contribute to the game", it is just a lie, as all we see are guest artists who contribute through their art, an art that has nothing to do with the main features of game, features that players want to contribute to. I'm not talking about making coreless items or writing fairytales, I'm talking about real contribution, yet, the devs still believe players aren't "Good" enough to contribute to such "sensitive" sides of the game. And believe me, I played since 2009 and I know what I'm talking about.
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
9/3/2015 17:48:32   
Front45

They must do something good for us but big thing. there are many many problems and no one cares. only high rank satisfied players are good and talking that everything is fine, shut up please dudes. npc players shut up

only 200 people are online and same people rounding
2 vs 2 lag game (there are big lag often)
jugg is dead
1 vs 1 often unbalanced because of high ranks
there is no balance each other classes
2 vs 2 unfair battles
force azrael's gun is op and no warm-up
merc has low energy steal and get
parasite is weak if enemy has low energy
passives are gone. we wanna back old skills. we miss: reroute, blood lust, deadly aim, shadow arts (passive), hybrid armor (passive), emp grenade for bh's and delete static grenade and etc

i even don't have wish to play for daily missions. 1 vs 1 always high rank players winning over me and they are so many. please delete these ranks and then everyone will have same power same chance to win 50-50% after balance update changes. 2 vs 2 also often unfair battles, plus often str tech mage or support mercenaries or dex bh's. only 3 thing. plus all have dex or tech build no one using focus 5 build, only bm's which tank build not works. everyone is quiet i don't understand, who likes such epic duel? bot players? go back please

i can't get pleasure from this game already 3 years. i was out about 2 years but game is same bad now. people don't have wish to play. why u don't thinking about that? answer us ED team

i am interesting. what Titan thinks about that situation. people are give up. many players are hacked and ed team can't help them can't restore them weapons. people not playing because they don't like such game system. i understand that they don't care how many players will be in ed. wake up and work

delete these ranks forever
back old weapons (platinum's pride, infernal interdictor, bionic battlegear, gamma bot, dragon buster II, frost and delta destroyers and etc)
do real balance each other classes (we will help u in suggestions !!!)
back jugg battle (also here we will suggest many things)
back gamma system or beta or back passives (i mean need change system)

do best things for us. we wanna play, we wanna get more fun and more enjoy. why u don't doing what people want? only saying old weapons never back, old system and passives never back. what does it means? that's why people are gone. we don't want play such game. its bad understand us. i am sad really sad we need help and u don't doing anything for us for our wishes

< Message edited by Front45 -- 9/3/2015 20:24:24 >
Post #: 18
9/3/2015 20:49:32   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

only high rank satisfied players are good and talking that everything is fine
I have yet to meet someone who actually is a high rank player and is fine with the way ED currently is.

quote:

balance update changes
IMO the game itself is balanced. It's just that the matchmaking will rarely ever put 2 people of the exactly same level and rank against each other.
Epic  Post #: 19
9/4/2015 1:46:09   
Mother1

@ Front45

If high ranked people were happy we wouldn't have the lot of them ticked off about underdog mode and wanting it to go bye bye. Many of my high ranked friends hate this mode because it puts them at a stat disadvantage to the point where many of them get trolled by RNG.
Epic  Post #: 20
9/4/2015 2:54:46   
Daph Duck

Underdog mode is so overrated...
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/4/2015 3:31:17   
huuduy1

i just want shield and dodge skill are passive ( no energy or turn need ). And make this game simple and varium people able to access to buy old seasonal rare item.
Epic  Post #: 22
9/4/2015 4:53:24   
shadow.bane

i always get trolled by RNG @mother1 and i agree with @Daph duck you can check my post here to see why i am agreeing with daph ( http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22019471&mpage=3 )

basically low ranks and low levels said they need luck to win high rank so yeah you gave them ridiculous luck factor ... when a rank 1 defeat you and ur a mega high rank cause 3 straight strikes got critical and ur last hit to kill him is IA special on rage ad it got deflected after numerous amount of gun and aux deflections during the match ... and call you noob when they kill you xD laughing stock .

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 9/4/2015 4:59:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/4/2015 12:52:47   
Lord Machaar

Let's just be clear here, there are 2 situations where underdog mode can be unfair for (1) players with ranks in general and (2) players with high amount of ranks.

(1) The fact that underdog mode gives stats based on your rank range, for instance, if you are rank 29, and your opponent's rank is 31, you still get the UM I even though the rank difference is 2 ranks. But personally
I think UM I doesn't affect the battle directly, unless if you want to make yourself feel comfortable after you lose and blame it on that thing.

(2) Underdog mode being too overpowered, when a player ranked 55 - 59 faces a player ranked 70 +, basically because energy efficiency and field medic mastery underperforms against "classic" rank slots.
Let's be clear here, I might somewhat agree with anyone who says who here, but first of all, let's crack this down:
- The rank range 55 - 59 is a small rank range, basically you are talking about 1 if not 0.5% of ED players.
- Yet, we aren't talking about all builds within this rank range. Why? Because simply any build beside 5 focus doesn't fully get use of all ranks slots. E.g, strenght builds, they mainly get use of strenght/
defense/resistance rank slots, so here the Underdog mode is a legit thing, but when we talk about 5 focus builds, these builds get benefits from all ranks slots, and I'm here talking about 5 focus BH builds.
- Energy efficiency and Health Medic Mastery aren't that bad, simply because they share a mutual thing with defense and resistance slots, which is working with all builds, and this is not the case for
Primary/Sidearm/Aux/Robot rank slots, since they do not work with all builds, for instance strenght builds do not benefit from Aux/Robot slots, and so on for support builds.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 9/4/2015 12:55:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 24
9/4/2015 20:53:11   
nowras

@Lord Machaar

And remember we vs these 0.5% everytime becuz ''high ranked players will be matched with high ranked players too then with lower ranks)

tbh I love versusing rank 70-80 becuz I win them easily while rank 49-59 are the strong ranks and I hate versusing them currently my 750 hp build works the most against rank 70-80 players becuz I always start 1st and that was the reason my build was made for..

if I battle 100 times a day I fight at least 20 rank 49-59 how is that fair? and I'm a rank 70 lol so what about 80s? lmao
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New phase
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition