Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Fixing Pyro Fly

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Fixing Pyro Fly
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/22/2015 17:20:35   
Cookiesaregood

It also doesnt have to take what it wants its disabling a skill. Even so if person with the pyro fly loses its their own build that caused it.
Post #: 26
9/22/2015 18:49:55   
Mother1

@ Cookiearegood

For your first post the risk of getting the wrong move. If it was 100% grantee you would get the move you wanted then there is no risk. Especially if you get the one move they would never use against you.

For your second point if I get the wrong move especially against a certain build I not only wasted a turn (which is part of the risk of using this bot as well) but they get that turn advantage.
Epic  Post #: 27
9/22/2015 19:11:37   
  Exploding Penguin

Note that pyro fly is super strong compared to other bots when used on builds with little to no focus as well. The class it is used on also alters its effectiveness. For example, if I'm a TM with very high cost skills and I have pyro fly, then I have a 1/3 chance of hitting their drain move, they basically have no way of stopping me from doing anything I want.
Epic  Post #: 28
9/22/2015 19:54:25   
Cookiesaregood

Its not wasted at all against any build tbh because against any class its gonna hit something so technically there is no risk. If it doesnt hit the skill you want you still hit something thats moderately useful. How do they get a turn advantage that makes no sense.

If you go first and use the move then it hits something moderately useful or A necessity then you didnt waste a turn which is 100% of time unless they are use one of those dumb 6 highest skills build in which forces the opponent to damage their build of anything useful just to counter a specific ROBOT.

Also think about it why should I have to change my build to counter just a ROBOT special. Not even the robots damage if freaking special that costs no energy and has no cooldown.

The robot should be made to Disable all skills for like a turn or it has a 25% chance to disable a skill of your choice.
Post #: 29
9/22/2015 21:31:06   
  Exploding Penguin

I should have been more clear. I was talking about the build that uses it, not the build that it is used on/against.
Epic  Post #: 30
9/23/2015 2:03:00   
nowras

Yesterday when I did 150-10 I vsed a lot of players who were using that bot and they took my energy parasite every single time (except 2 times they took mark of blood instead)

But I still didn't lose a single match vs them

the 10 battles I lost were becuz of INSANE luck

the 1st 2 from support build users (4 crits in a row..... plus a block(the 2nd battle only))

6 of them vs Focus Builds (For example he blocked my bot defl'd my aux in rage then stunned me by aux defl'd my IA special then 60 hp left for him 220 for me after that he crits me and wins.)

2 of them vs a 4 focus build (Becuz of the aux stuns..)

Did I lose any battle without luck?
No.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/23/2015 4:55:05   
Foulman

Sorry to break it to you, but BM has Bludgeon and Plasma Cannon as very good nukes to end a fight very quickly. And anyway, you have like 80 ranks. How about when a rank 80 like you uses pyro on a rank 1? They already have a very low chance to win. When you disable a main skill, it's just putting the nail in the coffin. The builds that can't use low energy burst attacks are dead if pyro fly hits an energy skill. I just can't find a good build at level 37 to stop pyro at all. They always hit something I need. The rank 20 tanks who take out Static or SA so their insane Plasma Rain/Supercharge/Plasma Bolt just destroys me, because I have lost my only counters to their build. And the support builds who rip out either MoB or SA, the Smoke/Blood Hawk STR builds who take out either MoB, Reflex, Static or Reflex, which means GG for me. Nowras, what stats are you actually using, if you can get a 94% win rate at level 40?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
9/23/2015 13:43:43   
Lord Machaar

Nowras:

Are you telling us we should buff underdog mode? Because believe me, you would probably have 120 wins - 240 losses without your 75 ranks.
MQ Epic  Post #: 33
9/23/2015 14:22:27   
Satafou

Nowras is so pro,
Better than everyone you know,
He crits once maybe twice,
Filled with glee like an Asian eating rice,
But block him once, call him a noob,
You better watch out as he's now raging at you!

Post #: 34
9/23/2015 23:28:58   
Foulman

Pretty darn good, satafou.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
9/24/2015 1:13:52   
nowras

Lol Sarafou what's ur in-game name? plus yea I rage at anyone who calls me a noob if I know he's not joking about it.

Btw let's stay on Topic

And @Foulman

here's a tip when someone takes your energy skill

SIMPLY don't use any move that costs energy hit him with anything and keep ur energy for healing try to heal as early as possible so u heal the next time before he takes your energy

U will actually win if u do that and I really don't use plasma cannon or bludgeon as they will make u 100% lose becuz plasma cannon costs a lot of energy so after using it they will drain ur energy u wont be able to heal and u will die lol..

Plus all those who were using Pyro and took my parasite 2 days ago were rank 43+ Dex Mages.

< Message edited by nowras -- 9/24/2015 1:21:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
9/24/2015 2:53:21   
  Exploding Penguin

In general if you lose your energy skill you should try and rush a win. You have a 2-turn advantage (one where they will regenerate energy, the other on the turn they cast pyro fly) before they can screw you over with their energy regeneration advantage. If you can't rush the win after that you will probably lose
Epic  Post #: 37
9/24/2015 3:49:25   
nowras

No never rush the win as I said u only need two heals to 100% win lol if u heal twice u will win
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
9/27/2015 5:47:01   
RaXZerGamingZ

the devs add stuff that is game breaking , pyro isnt the only one
Post #: 39
9/27/2015 12:23:14   
  Exploding Penguin

Yes but it is the biggest one right now. There's no strategy with it aside from making a build that goes well with it. You just use it on turn 1 and get a huge benefit most of the time for the rest of the battle.
Epic  Post #: 40
9/29/2015 18:24:05   
Greed Redemption

Would it be an OP nerf if they just made it so the pyro didn't have the ability to take: EMP, Static Grenade, Battery Backup, Static Charge, Parasite, assimilation,atom smash, static smash, and Field medic?
It only focused on other skills.

-or like if it picks one of those it puts the skill in cooldown.

< Message edited by Greed Redemption -- 9/29/2015 18:25:47 >
Epic  Post #: 41
9/29/2015 19:19:32   
  Exploding Penguin

We should stop targeting the bot specifically since it never used to be OP and target why it is currently OP.

Saying this over and over again, stop making specific skills complete crutches for almost every build. If anything, the only change to pyro fly should be to make it less RNG-based, but not necessarily nerf it directly.
Epic  Post #: 42
9/29/2015 20:15:39   
Mother1

@ exploding Penguin

Cause the current meta has made it so certain moves are more than mandatory especially with the popular builds, and this bot has the potential to shut said moves down.

However the only way I can think of making the bot non RPG related is to make it so the player has 100% choice of what move they take which would be completely removing the luck element out of the bot.
Epic  Post #: 43
9/29/2015 20:53:26   
  Exploding Penguin

Or make it just target the highest invested skill, prioritizing damage skills first then utility ones, or something of the like. In exchange the effect can be compensated so instead of shutting down the skill it does something like cut its skill point investment in half.
Epic  Post #: 44
9/30/2015 17:06:04   
nowras

Or easily....

Give that bot a 3 turns warm up just like IA
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
9/30/2015 19:13:58   
  Exploding Penguin

^Makes the bot almost entirely useless though. A lot of builds that are reliant on high burst from skills are countered exclusively by this bot or strong energy drains (which some classes don't have) so this would just make half of the reason to use the bot disappear.
Epic  Post #: 46
10/1/2015 0:01:52   
shadow.bane

pyro isn't op ... just needs brain to counter whatever skill it takes .
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
10/5/2015 12:54:36   
RaXZerGamingZ

today pyro took away my level 6 heal...luckely i had mark of blood to get some hp but for real...
Post #: 48
10/5/2015 14:53:59   
Front45

36 lvl took my energy parasite with pyro fly and i lose. it's result of this robot. it must be unteachable on energy skills: energy backup, static smash, static charge, static grenade and energy parasite
Post #: 49
10/5/2015 18:33:53   
Ghost78

Gamebreaking bot. Who thought implementing a skill which has the potential to eliminate 1/3 of your skill points a good idea?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Fixing Pyro Fly
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition