Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Technician and Energy Shield

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Technician and Energy Shield
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2015 17:58:47   
Front45

which skill is better and why?

1. technician is duration 4 turns. energy shield is duration 3 turns

2. technician increases robot's damage. energy shield not

3. technician works on rages. energy shield not works

4. technician helps tech mage defeat 3 hardest bosses: m4tr1x, legendary titan and zedmyr. energy shield not

5. technician cool down is 1. energy shield 2

6. technician improves with dexterity (tank tech mages and focus 5 high dexterity players is fine). energy shield improves with support. (blood mages and bounty hunters don't have support builds)

7. when u have used technician, there is more chance to deflect on rages. when u have used energy shield, there is no chance deflect

result: technician is the best energy skill. energy shield is the worst

there is balance fails between tech mage and BM&BH. see difference

< Message edited by Front45 -- 9/25/2015 18:39:03 >
Post #: 1
9/25/2015 18:02:42   
Satafou

What skill is better and why?

The ability to complain about things being unbalanced or getting better at the game?

Result: Getting better at the game
Post #: 2
9/25/2015 18:10:32   
Mother1

Lol

You forget one thing.

Technician is a stat booster where as Energy shield is just that a shield.

ALso Energy shield gives more overall resistance than Technician seeing as that is it' soul purpose to give resistance where as Technician's job is to increase technology.

So if I am looking for overall resistance then Energy shield trumps out Technician and believe me there are times in some battles I would gladly trade my Technician for Energy shield seeing as a TM myself I can handle physical damage primaries far better than I can energy seeing as Technician gives me far less resistance than Defense matrix does Defense.
Epic  Post #: 3
9/25/2015 18:13:22   
Lord Machaar

Technician needs a support/strenght requirement though, having 150+ dexterity and using a level 1 technician could give you up to 50 technology for 4 turns, rendering high dexterity builds tough. It's the
only defensive skill that improves with tech/dex, for instance I give Lobo Demolidor's name, he has 460 defense and 420 resistance, when he uses technician, his resistance goes up to 518, and when
he uses Hazmat's Suit's special core that gives 500 HP on rage, he simply becomes undefeatable. Maybe adding some stat requirements to technician and assimilation would make the build a bit more
"reasonable" in terms of "tankiness".

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 9/25/2015 18:19:20 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
9/25/2015 18:15:28   
nowras

Energy Shield is better lol

I wish reflex boost was replaced by def matrix e.e
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/25/2015 18:31:55   
Front45

Mother1
i guess what u say. when strength player attacking an energy shield player... normal damage is 30, but technician player is not a high also

but u forget 2 things

when u have used technician urself, there is a bigger chance to deflect ur enemy.

and second thing. when u have used energy shield and someone used on rage infernal android, this energy shield protect disappears. and when u have technician it protects and really works on rages
Post #: 6
9/25/2015 18:44:44   
Mother1

@ Front45

Rage removes 45% of all defenses so even if you don't lose any block or deflection chance you still lose 45% of your overall defenses so part of the protection Technician does give you goes out the window when this happens.

Also shields only lose some of their effect when rage comes not all of it. Back in older days this was the case with shields seeing as they were ignored when rage hit but a while back that was changed to make shields better when needing protection against rage.
Epic  Post #: 7
9/25/2015 19:06:31   
  Exploding Penguin

Technician > energy shield, but this is partially due to the fact that technician is only on TM.

If you have high dex then your tech goes up more which reduces the chance of your sidearm being deflected. Also works well since it can cover up for the lower resistance that dex builds naturally give.

BM doesn't really benefit that much from shields they are more of a class that relies on stats. Also in general stat debuffs aren't used and damage types are pretty spread out on almost all builds so a 4-turn buff is better than a 3-turn one.
Epic  Post #: 8
9/28/2015 6:05:40   
shadow.bane

@Daph Duck ... you just made my day lol xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Technician and Energy Shield
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition