Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Monkakazi Detonation BUFF

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Monkakazi Detonation BUFF
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2015 6:46:42   
Stonehawk

That skill has very low difference on damage even on abusive stats.
As Exploding Penguin explained in the patch notes' post, I understood that, if the player has 75 tech and 45 in the rest, it would increase 30 damage, which is kinda ridiculous for a robot's special.

I think it would work better if the damage is increased by x/2% of the current damage the robot would do.
(x = the difference between the lowest and highest base stat.)
In fact, there are 2 ways of calculation I've thought, as I'll show below.

1st example: (as I explained above)
Highest base stat: 125
Lowest base stat: 25
Robot damage: 600

Damage done: (x = 100)
(x/2% * 600) + 600 = 900 damage done.

In a 450 defense, it would do 450 damage
In a 200 defense, it would do 700 damage
(robot can't be used for the rest of the battle (detonated)).

2nd example: (the additional damage affects the damage it would do directly by x%, x= the difference between the lowest and highest stat)

Highest base stat: 125
Lowest base stat: 25
Robot damage: 600

On a 450 defense it would do 150 damage on a normal attack. 150 + 100%*150 = 300
On a 200 defense it would do 400 damage on a normal attack. 400 + 100%*400 = 800
(less abusive against higher defenses, but impact seems higher against support builds for example. Also, seems harder to calculate. The 1st example is better tbh, lol)

EDIT: This makes robot in pair with strong robots like INFERNAL ANDROID, that usually hits almost 400 even without rage. Hope it's fixed, or maybe just consider the possibility to get the varium back, for those that aren't satisfied, since description is not clear enough. It was made to be USEFUL against stats abusers, wasn't it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/27/2015 11:29:00   
One Winged Angel1357

Monkey is an interesting bot because there are fights where you will get 100 extra damage out of detonate, which is 120% damage if you are at 500 base damage, or you will get what amounts to no extra damage. I personally think it does it's job well because there are enough builds out there that will give you around 100 extra damage on an early game detonate that it suits rush players. If you are an IA player than you are already used to turtle builds so you won't really need Monkey nor does it fit your play style

EDIT: Instead of buffing monkey why not remove IA active reward to stat spammers? Instead of having it operate off a percent make it add say 15 damage to base every turn for ten turns. To people who don't abuse technology the damage output would be equal to the current percent buff if not higher and to those who abuse technology well they would see deminishing returns

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 9/27/2015 12:14:18 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/27/2015 12:27:38   
  Exploding Penguin

If it's meant to counter stat abuse builds I would say make the bot scale exponentially, so the damage ramps up very quickly the higher stat differences the target has.

Another problem I have with the bot is that it targets specific builds rather than improving on your own build. Even robots that seem to do the same don't really. Kartherax is a good cover up for builds with low dexterity and whatnot. Making a robot that is mostly based off of your opponent just seems wrong since it puts an emphasis on your opponent in matchmaking rather than trying to make your own personal strategy the best.
Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Monkakazi Detonation BUFF
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition