Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Epic Duel Balance Changes Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Epic Duel Balance Changes Update
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2015 10:16:56   
Front45

Hey ED Team. i wanna dictate my suggestions about update. if u wanna back old people and back old classes do this update for us !!!

1. focus 5 players 90% has infernal android. change it to max damage 110% instead of 120%. because almost all has IA and its annoying. already 3-4 years this robot is almost op. we are tired. all have this bot. nerf it. it doing unnormal damage 500+ on rages. and without rage 400+. there are many bots in the game, but almost all have IA. this thing fails ED

2. Bounty Hunter getting low energy. increase drain energy to 75% instead of 65%. or second solution give it only 3 cool down instead of 4. or 3rd solution change to improve with technology instead of support as 1st time was.

3. merc class is totally dead. now static smash improves with strength, and although merc don't need str, everyone knows this. change static smash improve to technology, instead of strength. and after this update some weeks after give it 3 cool down

4. force azrael's gun give 1 warm-up

5. Blood Mage. Energy parasite change to drain 2x energy instead of 1.5x. or second solution change max steal 25% instead of max 20%

If u wanna really balance. do this update for us. thanks a lot. thanks things what for us doing

< Message edited by Front45 -- 9/30/2015 12:13:59 >
Post #: 1
9/30/2015 15:57:48   
Xendran

These are arbitrary changes with little reasoning listed, and no comparisons with or without formulae to other similar actions available in combat.
Could you elaborate on your reasoning behind these changes? It would help people understand where you're coming from, and get them thinking about the changes on a deeper level than just "yes" or "no".

< Message edited by Xendran -- 9/30/2015 16:16:32 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
9/30/2015 17:11:55   
Ghost78

The reason why IA is the most used bot is that it's the most versatile bot, not because it's OP. Other bots usually counter specific builds. They have niche skills but are extremely effective against certain builds.

As for Energy draining skills in general, i am totally against buffing them since this would end up buffing focus 5 builds even more. I don't see why would blood mages would need a buff anyway.

As for the merc class, I have seen recently pretty good mercs at high levels. Many players don't realise how powerful adrenaline rush is especially with support builds. It's a strong class but i feel that it can't function well outside focus builds (or support builds).
Post #: 3
9/30/2015 19:12:42   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

These are arbitrary changes with little reasoning listed, and no comparisons with or without formulae to other similar actions available in combat.

I really wish people would listen to this but they don't. It's just kind of disappointing that they expect their suggestions to be implemented with the way things are now.

1. The reason why this bot is used the most is because it has a special which is just more damage. When a robot is arguably the main offensive tool on almost all focus builds people can't afford to have an 85%-damage special that puts their bot on cooldown. The only exceptions are the very notably strong robots which counter specific builds or are easy to use, such as Cyber Yeti. The other robots with 85% damage special abilities are pretty much entirely reserved for builds that don't run on focus or use their bot as their primary source of damage. Easy problem to fix, just reduce robot damage scaling with focus and increase the tech scaling for it. Make focus builds rely less on robots for their damage.

2. No. They're meant to drain energy and get just enough back to pose a threat and force a drain from the opponent. They are NOT a class that regenerates a lot of energy. That's what TLM and TM do.

3. Improving with tech is something to look at. But no to the 3 turn cooldown.

4. yes

5. Improve the drain instead. BM is designed to be a class that does not need to function off of a lot of energy to do well (although plasma cannon builds say otherwise and that completely invalidates the identity of the class).
Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Epic Duel Balance Changes Update
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition