Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 156 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 156 - Read the first post!
Page 2 of 21«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/19/2015 23:50:38   
megakyle777

I got to admit, I have NO idea what the video could mean. Maybe it's because I just woke up, or do not always get song lyrics, but I'm not seeing the connections.

And I think the only way we'd #BlameKiyone is if it either did not happen or lead to the death of OS. As it is, I don't know what it is or if I will LIKE it, but if it leads to OS's revival or even just keeps thing interesting, I ain't gonna blame anyone. You are doing a good job and it's appreciated. (:
DF  Post #: 26
10/19/2015 23:57:57   
  Kiyone

Its not so much the lyrics. Its more the clips the video show and how they related to game mechanics. Where the closes meanings with the lyrics I would say is players fighting goal where we can get confuse/indecisive on what to fight in game.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/20/2015 0:06:38   
megakyle777

I must admit, I'm always unsure what to fight when i enter OS, which is why I always wanted a Beastiery/Bio for chars so i had a goal. Is it a Beastiery?
DF  Post #: 28
10/20/2015 0:09:34   
  Kiyone

Not an in game Beastiery. Even thou the concept would be cool.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/20/2015 0:24:53   
megakyle777

Hrrrrm, I have a few guesses:

A war system
A Tournament system
A faction system
A character maker.

Thing is, I don't think it's any of them, since most of the teasers you give seem to me to contradict each at one point. XD

So I have NO idea.
DF  Post #: 30
10/20/2015 0:44:10   
  Kiyone

Teaser Zero can't say yet.
Teaser One can't say yet.
Teaser Two: Is more get you guys hype thing and to show Mritha & my involvement with this. I'm being fair on this one since it the odd one out.
Teaser three is date thing.
Indirect Video Teaser: Like I said this represent head cannon for me. It helps if you have understanding of Kamen Rider series used in it. Since I doubt people will know Japanese bug man stuff and since were getting close to releasing this stuff. Being fairer on this. Majority of stuff is how imagine game mechanics in real life. Granted theirs 2 things in their that can related to whats being plan.

Time to go quiet and work on the...
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/20/2015 0:57:53   
The Jop

@Kiyone
Can we get a bestiary though? We did have a character bios section here for a little bit, so all the bios can be written by players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/20/2015 1:00:33   
megakyle777

I'd totaly be up for a beastiery too The Jop, especaly if it has funny dialogue like say Assasin's Creed 2's snarky entries, or if it said where a thing may lie, but, you know, there are 200 chars and over so one thing at a time if at all. Let them be finishing whatever this is they hint at first yeah?

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 10/20/2015 1:02:43 >
DF  Post #: 33
10/20/2015 10:37:00   
Gorillo Titan

Feel free to give your opinion of my predictions.

First clue was a kiyone character 2nd clue was a rev 3rd clue was the video right?

If possible it could be them going more in detail with the characters so they aren't just reskins. Maybe moving around locations so they seem more relevant. A game guide perhaps kiyone has gathered a lot of information on decks so far to make tournaments fair so theirs a slight chance for that.

Doesn't seem like we have an artist yet so im gonna throw out they are working on a tutorial so new players have a better chance of staying around since they actual learn the game.

Kiyone will probably write the stuff related to this as far as quest with the help of mrthria.

Asuka confirmed he still is a tester for OS.

I've heard about kamen rider but never watched it pretty much know the plot is sort of like power ranger think its only one good guy though who fights monsters. Maybe we are monster hunters in OS could bring over the shop character from the other games forgot her name we capture character and it works like a pokedex.

After watching kiyone video 2 things stuck out to me 1 the zodiac signs 2 he changed at the end. This most likely isn't it but what I thought of after seeing it was one the change character feature and a new feature that would allow players to change there character mid battle for example wolf having a card called add armor which would make armor appear on him and increase his damage while it was on him. Both of these is most likely incorrect but I really like the idea of having a witch card and using a card called blaze/wisp that made a fireball begin flowing around her each time she played it another fireball ball would appear each time increases the damage of her fire cards.

The zodiac thing which I doubt would happen and wouldn't be super amazing is a monthly zodiac character that can only be captured during its respective month.

I also thought of maybe creating are own avatar character that would use the monster we summoned by throwing cards on the ground to summon them to do more than 1 on 1 battles.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 10/20/2015 20:11:14 >
Post #: 34
10/20/2015 19:53:00   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Regarding the bestiary, no that isn't what is coming. However, I'm not against you guys working on putting one together. We could have a featured character every two weeks, one to write and one to vote, whosoever story gets the most votes becomes the "official" bio for that character. You could write them yourself or form a group and do it. It could be several pages, it could be a paragraph. It would be something a little different than only ever having pvp tournaments, which no we have not forgotten about.

Even the stories that don't win wouldn't be lost. I'd likely move the submission thread to L&L, then keep the winning bio here. I could TRY and have the winning bio posted in the OS DNs, but I'm not making any promises on it happening. Lemme know what you guys think.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
10/20/2015 20:02:14   
The Jop

@Mritha
Sounds good, we really need something to do in this community right now. Plus a few contests should attract some creative types to the game.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 10/20/2015 22:42:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/20/2015 20:11:51   
Gorillo Titan

I'm cool with already have some ideas of the backstory for a few of them.
Post #: 37
10/20/2015 21:06:40   
Andlu

I can always help, even if I'm not very active
count on me
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
10/20/2015 22:36:43   
DarkLore

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I may be evil... But I am known to be quite good at writing stories. Count me in as well mortals!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
10/20/2015 22:55:34   
megakyle777

quote:

Regarding the bestiary, no that isn't what is coming. However, I'm not against you guys working on putting one together. We could have a featured character every two weeks, one to write and one to vote, whosoever story gets the most votes becomes the "official" bio for that character. You could write them yourself or form a group and do it. It could be several pages, it could be a paragraph. It would be something a little different than only ever having pvp tournaments, which no we have not forgotten about.

Even the stories that don't win wouldn't be lost. I'd likely move the submission thread to L&L, then keep the winning bio here. I could TRY and have the winning bio posted in the OS DNs, but I'm not making any promises on it happening. Lemme know what you guys think.

Totaly up for this.
DF  Post #: 40
10/20/2015 23:15:04   
Gorillo Titan

Yall do realize this idea was started back in alpha but kind of just died right?

Also can I get some feedback on my post?
Post #: 41
10/20/2015 23:47:49   
megakyle777

Gorillo: It cid not have this kind of support behind it. a Offcial Oversoul Forum Writing Contest for a Char Bio could bring in some people who enjoy writing, rather than have it be "merely" a thing to do in spare time like the former one.
DF  Post #: 42
10/21/2015 7:30:03   
Gorillo Titan

That depends on what the reward is since the community is so small it would have to have a reward good enough to make people who don't play this from the other games to get involved.

~I could always purplify the winner's avatar. There is no better prize than the addition of purple.
M

< Message edited by Mritha -- 10/21/2015 17:36:43 >
Post #: 43
10/22/2015 11:57:18   
megakyle777

Well, as for rewards, Mirtha said she can TRY and get them on the OS DN page/on the front page, which could be a good reward since it draws attention to it and to OS, especaily if mentioned in other places. As for more tangiable rewards, maybe a temporary title for the winner? It'd have to be temporary I expect due to the amount of wins there would be if done weekly/biweeky.

quote:

~I could always purplify the winner's avatar. There is no better prize than the addition of purple.
M

But what if they don't like Purple? WHat if they like Green, or Blue, or Red, or any colour except purple? DX

But seriously though, no idea what could be a good reward.
DF  Post #: 44
10/22/2015 13:09:33   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

But what if they don't like Purple? WHat if they like Green, or Blue, or Red, or any colour except purple? DX

I hope you're not suggesting that green, blue, or red are better colors than purple.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
10/23/2015 2:32:08   
megakyle777

I'm not saying anything on which colur is best. I'm just saying some people like one more then another.

anyway, back to predictions on the thing and/or Beastieries. Anyone got any ideas for either of those?
DF  Post #: 46
10/23/2015 13:45:36   
kise2

I stopped playing Ovesroul a while back but I would always check in on the updates. Anyone know why they have not updated in like forever? Nice to see some of the old ppl still on the forums though!

AQW Epic  Post #: 47
10/23/2015 13:50:33   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

quote:

Anyone know why they have not updated in like forever?

Nulgath was laid off. However, something big is coming as hinted by Kiyone and Mritha.

< Message edited by GojetaDragon08 -- 10/23/2015 13:52:50 >
Post #: 48
10/23/2015 14:00:35   
kise2

Oh crap he got laid off. That really sucks. What about Rev?
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
10/23/2015 14:02:59   
megakyle777

I'd just like to add to that, the parting was friendly and Nulgath's willing to come back if offered. As for REV, not sure what happened to him. But as Gojeta says, Kiyone and Mirtha have been hinting at something coming, so hold onto your voids people.
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 156 - Read the first post!
Page 2 of 21«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition