Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 156 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 156 - Read the first post!
Page 9 of 21«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/21/2015 16:36:31   
Elite Tuga

@ The Jop & everyone else - Wow, I wasn't aware of this information. I have just read it and now I respect Artix Krieger more than ever "the struggle was real, behind the scenes."

I am just sad that OverSoul was never going to be a success even before it came out, because it was released way too soon years ago, in a Halloween period to impress us, impatient players (it was very rushed through) and that is why it's in this current situation.

The good news is that Artix mentions and I quote:
quote:

It is very likely we will be working together in the future again. Until then, I am certain we could have him come back to do a special round of AQWorlds art.
So it is likely Nulgath/Miltonius might return to AE just to help with AQW art, and if we are lucky we could get more than just that (like OS).

Artix said this and I highlighted the good part of the conversation:
quote:

Truth: We are an indie game studio. We do not have some giant corporation backing us. The team, their families and children are directly impacted by what happens here. So, when you saw those overly aggressive Membership/in-game currency pushes those past few months… that was not greed. That was the game teams working harder than ever to fight for their survival.

Because we did those difficult things that we had to do, the games are now stable.

The only bad news is that Mobile Gaming and Flash (disabled by default on some big browsers) is what is making our old games struggle a bit more but this very last paragraph in this 'Artix Letter to the AE Community' is more positive and I believe AQW3D could do well (Artix feels very optimistic) and if so, I guess our AE company and it's current games should still exist and live on.
Epic  Post #: 201
11/21/2015 20:32:40   
The Finnish Phoenix

Is OverSoul down for anyone else?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 202
11/21/2015 20:34:59   
clintonian

Yea I can't log on
Post #: 203
11/21/2015 20:36:10   
The Finnish Phoenix

Very interesting...are we getting a release?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 204
11/21/2015 20:59:10   
DarkLore

Via Captain Rhubarb from Twitter...
quote:

Note to Artix Players: Rebooting some of the web servers for regular maintenance. Very minimal downtime.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
11/21/2015 21:03:39   
The Finnish Phoenix

Ah, thank you DarkLore! :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 206
11/21/2015 21:10:55   
Entropic

@The Jop and Elite Tuga - This letter has really opened my eyes to the harsh reality of what the company is facing especially in contrast to Ash's letter. It also pains me to hear that Oversoul was never gonna pick up even though i had already figured that out myself after a period of time going through forums here and just noticing the lack of players, but it still hurts.

I can only hope for the best for AE's upcoming games to bring in more players to help support the team and delightful games they produce.

< Message edited by Entropic -- 11/21/2015 21:12:26 >
DF AQW  Post #: 207
11/24/2015 11:48:45   
Blackshock

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but as everyone knows, I've done a few creatures in flash before. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to learn animating then and neither do I have the time for it now. If there is anyone here though who has the coding and animating experience to put my work into animation and code them, I'd be more than willing to let you guys have a whack at it and see if that can make them compatible to be placed ingame. If anyone's interested, just send me up a PM and I'll send you guys the flash files.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 208
12/12/2015 1:01:49   
BJEBLE

Hi guys. I'm doing an experiment on encounter rates. I chose a location with a healthy amount of characters, the south map lakes, and I'm going to record what characters I encounter, among other things, for 1000 fights. I am already 126 in at this time so I have a pretty good start.
EDIT: Also here are my encounter totals(most encountered to least):
Water Fairy-27
Water Elemental-26
Dwakel-18
Young Paladin- 17
Love Slime-8
Slime-8
Katana Zon-4
Water Ram-4
Water Apprentice-4
Human Fisher-3
Beta Void Pirate-2
Alpha Void Pirate-1
Earth Apprentice-1
Kid Drakath-1
Alpha Pirate-1
Soul Wyvern-1
So based on these statistics(Note: this is a pretty small sample size for this, just what I have so far), these are the chance of encountering said characters:
Water Fairy: 21.4%
Water Elemental: 20.4%
Dwakel: 14.3%
Young Paladin: 13.5%
Love Slime, Slime:6.3%
Katana Zon, Water Ram, Water Apprentice: 3.2%
Human Fisher: 2.4%
Beta Void Pirate: 1.6%
Alpha Void Pirate, Earth Apprentice, Kid Drakath, Alpha Pirate, Soul Wyvern: 0.8%

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 12/12/2015 1:42:48 >
DF  Post #: 209
12/12/2015 20:13:50   
Gorillo Titan

still not weteyes.
Post #: 210
12/13/2015 12:15:41   
BJEBLE

Found the first Weteye at fight 173, so why is such a bad character so rare again? Lol, doesn't really make sense.
DF  Post #: 211
12/31/2015 18:56:33   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone wanna pvp before the year ends?
Post #: 212
1/3/2016 2:23:43   
megakyle777

So since there's no discussion here, I've been debating whether or not to post the questions I asked on Nulgath's YT channel for dicussion. Since anyone who looks at the discussion part of said chalnnel can read it I may as well. Basically put I asked if him and AE are on good terms, if he'd return if asked, and most importatnly if he'd continue working on OS if he did.

quote:

Me: Hey, I don't know if you will reply to this, but I'd like to if possible know a bit more about the situation with AE in detail. For example, would you be willing to work there again if offered? Are you still freindly with the staff there? I know I wanted (and stil want) Oversoul to be a sucess and want to support it again if you ever go back to it. Or if you want to go back to it anyway. Also, about OS, what would you do differently if you could? And would you ever rteun to it?

quote:

Him: I'm still on good terms with AE. Adam is still me friend so of course I'd go back if they offered. Oversoul is an unfinished game unfortunately. There we're many features that didn't get to be implemented because of time and money. If I could do things differently, I would have gone with the flow in negotiating with AE about Oversoul. Too much negative energy got stirred up when we we're figuring out contracts for Oversoul. I hate legal stuff. That negative energy can't help but leak into the production of the game well. That was all me. But I'm in a different state of being now. I appreciate everything I have. Again, I'd return to it if offered.

quote:

Me again: Hello, I hope you are doing well. I know you are planning on doing a set for AQW, and I know you said you'd go back to AE if offered, so I thought I would ask this: IF you ever return to AE, would you return to work on Oversoul if you were able to? I don't know whether you think it salvagale or if you can look at it or not since it sort of failed, but I know you once cared about the game and was wondering if you would return to it if you did did return to AE and you thought it could be sorted out. WE NEED OUR GLORIOUS ARCHFIEND! Assuming you ever go back to AE of course. BTW, if the answer is yes to this and IF you find the time, more fourm interaction please. I know I and a lot of others posted a ton of character ideas in the Char Suggestion Threads over the years.

quote:

Him again: I would work on OS again if I was allowed to finish it's gameplay. It's still an unfinished game. But yes, me and Adam are still friends and I'll always give help to him and his company when he needs it.

So simply put: they are on good terms (As the fact he did a AQW Friostval armor last month shows), he's willing to help out/come back if offered, and if possible he wants to work on and finish OS.

So you know don't rule OS out 100% yet.

Source: Check the discussion page of his Youtube Channel.
DF  Post #: 213
1/3/2016 14:16:57   
DarkBlazer49

Interesting information. More importantly or at least to me, I am also looking for Drakath. I have not seen a pirate yet, have they fixed that or is it more rare than everything else?

EDIT: I mean my data does not go with BJEBLE. Additionally I meant I have not seen either pirate and I have seen 4 Drakaths total. Earth Apprentice seems more common. I am currently only reporting trends but I realize without official data it isn't as clear. Great work just trying to help for accurate statistics.

< Message edited by DarkBlazer49 -- 1/4/2016 23:37:04 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 214
1/3/2016 19:30:34   
The Jop

It's pretty rare.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
1/6/2016 13:23:59   
the warden

happy new year everyone:)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 216
1/7/2016 9:26:38   
Lichtz

When would the winter seasonal characters come?
AQW  Post #: 217
1/7/2016 9:29:18   
The Jop

I doubt the game will be updated anytime soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 218
1/15/2016 12:39:15   
the warden

Happy birthday Milt:)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 219
1/15/2016 12:48:01   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

Happy birthday in advance Milton! On a side note, will be having any tournaments in the near future? The OS forums are so lifeless after the Void Wars.
Post #: 220
1/15/2016 13:08:39   
the warden

dragon: I don't see why we wouldn't, just because the game isn't getting updates at the moment, doesn't mean we shouldn't get tournments xd
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 221
1/15/2016 15:35:01   
MapCurse

Happy Birthday, Nulgath, :) the Nation Alives
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 222
1/15/2016 15:54:43   
The Jop

(Isn't his birthday January 16th?)

Anyway, happy early birthday, Nulgath, if you're reading this. I also recently found out Mritha left AE which is quite sad.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/15/2016 15:56:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 223
1/15/2016 17:27:27   
DarkLore

Happy birthday my enemy of the Overworld! Live long and... Never mind.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 224
1/16/2016 2:00:17   
elite dark slayer

It's Milton's birthday? Happy birthday, Nulgath!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 156 - Read the first post!
Page 9 of 21«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition