Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/21/2015 21:06:55   
Evangel

My favorite memory is doing the Haunted Castle/Castle Ruins quest for the first time. It was the first thing I did after I upgraded my account.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
10/21/2015 21:17:30   
Mordred

Wrath of Xan. What can I say? It was my first war, and I still think it's among the best, if not the best, and I don't think that's nostalgia-tinted glasses. I think we've come really close in the past, with the Final 13th war and the most recent Valtrith war, but I think they fell just short of our first encounter with Xan.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
10/21/2015 21:17:31   
Yugtsal

Definitely the Tomix Saga, the ending brought me to tears. That designer really had a way with words, the epilogue quest was just a masterpiece.

As for battle, I enjoyed many, by far the most memorable single battle was when I finally beat razen al ghoul with that evolved pumpkin lord armor. Being a non-amulet player, the joy of accomplishing something which only mostly amulet holders can pass is priceless.

For quest chains, I loved the orb saga, and the Thursday saga in book 3, though I must say that the queen's hands should look much prettier than how it was drawn.

Loved dragonfable since 2006, I hope for this game to progress further.
Post #: 28
10/21/2015 21:54:41   
Womba

Hard to say personally... I seldom repeat quests unless I'm farming an item so.... I'll just go off more recent things. Honestly... the saga that just took place in Darkovia was fantastic. Lot's of new stuff was brought to the table for lore and we got to see a very old AE character do something crazy. Very nice.
DF AQW  Post #: 29
10/21/2015 22:04:08   
chuckeroo777

My favorite questline would have to be the water orb saga.
It starts out in typical dragonfable style with fun underwater action involving undead pirates, but as the saga goes on, things get... sinister.
The whole saga is just crafted so well, and it has a great aura of lovecraftian eeriness.
By the time you finally face Kathool, he has been built up as this incredible and overwhelming enemy, giving a feeling of hopelessness, leading to an incredible boss fight, which was one of the hardest titan fights in the game (at least until the alternate dragon skill set was released and all titan fights became REALLY easy).
Kathool really felt like a true threat to the world, where so many other villains didn't. Not even SMUDD or Wargoth felt as threatening, perhaps, in part, due to their rather generic nature. Kathool was inspired by Cthulhu, and other Lovecraftian horrors, and was a more intangible threat not often explored by fantasy RPGs. By breaking from the mold, Kathool Achoo made for a very memorable Boss.

Post edited to remove off-content topic. AQW monsters are not the subject of this thread. Additionally, invisible text is considered spam. Please do not use it. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 10/21/2015 23:53:42 >
Post #: 30
10/21/2015 22:37:43   
Lord GrimDusk

My absolute favorite moment? The unlikely alliance between the hero and Sepulchure to take down Drakath. Still gives me chills to this day watching Sepulchure impale a dragon.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
10/21/2015 23:44:40   
megakyle777

For me? I woulld have to say the Final 13th War VS Seppy. We beat 4 million waves... only for Seppy to beat us, take the Orbs, Kill Lady C with Akriloth JR and Xan (Watever happened to Jr Anyway?) and then reveal we had just killed the first wave and had 20 million more to go. I still think it one of DF's best moments, especaly with the war systen having the mot options of any war. (I felt Serenity's Death too much of a shock factor, and everyone else mentioned the other ones, so I'm goin with this.)
DF  Post #: 32
10/22/2015 0:42:05   
Helkuldi_Fimbulvetr

Any introduction to a great villain is the best thing in the world to me. For DragonFable, no villain, for me at least, was as epic and intense as Baron Jaysun Valtrith. How he came to be in his debut War was so perfect! A villain resurrected by the most insane, power hungry, and malevolent beings to ever walk the world of Lore, at least in this age. I've loved him ever since the silhouette of him was displayed in the Design Notes. I can't wait to be blasted with sheer awesomeness in the future of the Baron.

May the primordial ice of Niflheim consume you
Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjalfr it sama,
en orðstírr
deyr aldregi,
hveim er sér góðan getr.
DF  Post #: 33
10/22/2015 1:20:01   
gamegg

Tomix saga period.
Post #: 34
10/22/2015 1:40:19   
salene

Going off of what Nix said earlier in the thread, I got my character idea from the fire orb saga. That time period truly drew me into the game. Also, the holiday events in general make me relatively nostalgic.

I actually started crying the other day thinking about how much I had gone through with this game. It really has been a part of my life for so long, and its crazy to think that it's 10th birthday is so close. Here's to 10 more! *raises moglinberry juice glass*

-Cheers
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
10/22/2015 1:54:14   
Alpha Centipede

Wow...These have been a crazy 10 years indeed.

Well, I can't say much about the first few years out of beta, since I didn't really know what I was doing back then and I quit shortly afterwards. I only joined back into the game 3 years ago, but man, were those 3 years great.

Still, I have to say that my favorite moment(s) in DragonFable would be during wars. The discussions going on in the war thread, the roleplayers, the many, many words of encouragement to each other and so much more. All of those contributed to what I think is one of the best communities on the Internet, and I definitely would not regret joining this game. That is the single most favorite DF memory I have.

And not to mention, of course, the multitude of great stories the game has to offer. Story-wise, the Tomix Saga definitely left a good and lasting impression on me. I still can't believe it has been over a year since it ended - it just felt so recent. And then there's also the recently-completed Blood and Roses storyline. That one was amazing, and it added a lot of lore to the game too. A LOT.

tl;dr: DragonFable is crazy awesome... 'nuff said.
DF  Post #: 36
10/22/2015 1:55:43   
ArgentGryphon

The chapter 2 finale was definitely an awesome moment. The Tomix storyline and the Nythera Storyline are also awesome. The fire orb saga and learning about Artix and Vayle in the Necropolis also stand out to me. For some reason, the Kordana quest on Osprey Cove and Shadow of the Wind Village also stick out in my mind, probably because when i first played them, i didn't have a good weapon for that area, which made it very frustrating.

< Message edited by ArgentGryphon -- 10/23/2015 1:12:32 >
Post #: 37
10/22/2015 2:27:21   
Iluvpuntin

Beating Magman (Xan's challenge) was definitely one of my favorite moments.I remember grinding for Exp then buying that Icy sword from Dragesvard then finally beating him with the help of Artix and Robina.It made me feel like such a pro
DF  Post #: 38
10/22/2015 3:39:58   
draxen

seeing as i myself came in with my account a bit in the middle-ish end of the first book i can say that what i did get to see and experience was both fun and memorable. except for the fact that the quest i most wanted to do where DA only and im usually opposed to buying things from games such as memberships for personal reasons this game throughout the rest of the time i got to play it made me want to get a membership because its extremely funny and it has its serious moments and somethings you can actually relate to and the community itself is very opinionated and also since playing my first two games (AQ & AQW) i wanted to see how the other games styles were played out and i was not disappointed (confused at best cuz i still cant get a handle on epicduel) and the fact that all the games connect in someway also played a role in me getting into the other web games (even into pony Vs pony for the lols. briefly. for five minutes) its something that i loved whenever an update came along. but i had to find out the hard way that i needed to read the design notes before playing because there was a very nice item that was in my gold range but i didnt know about so i blew it on dragon food.
but my most triumphant moment was finally beating the SMUDD with the old dragon skills after trying for weeks even with book two starting and my most emotional memory was all the deaths of characters (minus warlic because that guy comes back to life a LOT so it didnt faze me at all) and yes even the bread lady with no backstory at all made me sad and then also made me want to punch Valrith in the face with that squirrel mask and all
also congrats to whoever reads all this cuz i do ramble in my typing

< Message edited by draxen -- 10/22/2015 3:45:15 >

Shadows need Light and Light needs Shadows thus is the way of Yin and Yang
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
10/22/2015 3:41:14   
Snoop Duck

Definitely the Tomix Saga, it is hands down my favourite saga quest chain in DF, the feels were also very present there :')
Post #: 40
10/22/2015 3:52:22   
Sneevillord

When I first joined and couldn't figure out how to get out of Oaklore, I spent months in there.
When I got my DA doing all of the hidden Surewood and foothill DA quests
When I couldn't find wind nip and thought you needed to go into the wind cave (this was before I was DA)
Joining in the middle of xans attack. donated 347 gold and felt like a boss
Beating Akriloth i felt so happy, like a hero!
When i was 7 i replayed Konnan's speech about how we failed him over and over, i just felt so sad and didn't know why.
Figuring out i couldn't pay Cysero his 5 gold back. Yep i was dumb
Demento's death and Galanoths grief, brilliant writing, brilliant scenes, write in the feels.
Doing Tomix's 1st saga, liked it even more than the 2nd.
Finishing the orb saga, it was so good i just sat around re doing everything I loved
Getting trashed by seppy.

And by far, in the MIDDLE of the final 13 I deleted my main char to prove to my sister you couldn't delete a DA account (I was wrong). I cried for a whole day, made a new char and grinded until I was lvl 46 in a week. I then finished the orb saga on time, nothing can replace the feeling of sorrow and achievement.
Thank you for 10 years of brilliant gaming, comedy, puns, fighting, writing and the best game i have or ever will play.

< Message edited by Sneevillord -- 10/24/2015 15:54:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
10/22/2015 4:09:49   
Dragonlord morzen

Sepulchure's attack on Falconreach.
The Super Meg Ultra Darkness Dracolich eating the sun (Alduin confirmed casual)
Tomix's sacrifice (good night sweet prince)
Safiria showing just why you don't mess with her. At all.
The birth of Caitiff.

There are many more I would have liked to mention, but I'll settle with a top 5. I love this game so much.
DF  Post #: 42
10/22/2015 4:55:10   
Roxas45

In game?
-Necropolis Saga. It was seriously my favourite saga... We got three classes out of it, and one of them being my favourite, the DeathKnight.
-The Water orb Saga. All Hail Mighty Chuht'lu!
-The Fire Orb saga. I mean. WOW.
-Ravenloss saga. Both Book 1 and 3. Book 1 was a great introduction to the whole landscape of Ravenloss, and Book 3... It really did show Dragonfable's growth into a more mature game compared to earlier.
- Final 13... Seppy just going "KAKAROT!!!" against practically.... everything... ah.. made me lol. But Seriously though...
- Someone mentioned a quote where our dragon was like "We were always ready to destroy the world"... I remember seeing this somewhere...
-Sulen Eska. Growth of the Character, and also in the bond between us and our dragon.

In forums?
-Baron. Jaysun. Valrith.

We complained (or rather mentioned) that He was a semi pointless character. A seasonal Villain.
Boy were we wrong....

I still remember on the forums, how a lot of people were very disappointed that we lost the war, and that Serenity was gone. I feel that a lot of us took it personally.
And the time travel theories, and the paradoxes, and all manner of discussions there...

-Armour testing! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
10/22/2015 5:13:41   
solomi123

stalking joining my first ever war thread
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
10/22/2015 7:06:34   
Wolfofdoom3

My favourite memory of dragonfable was the 13th saga,all of it..........Ok maybe not the boss fights.
Post #: 45
10/22/2015 7:14:32   
Fenna

I can't list a single moment as my favorite-- practically all of the moments in the game have been awesome. :D But just to name a few:
-The Water Orb Saga. It's probably my most favorite quest chain in the Book 1 Orb Saga, mainly because it's so dark and the writing is lovely. And I know this is no longer new to everyone, but I was playing the Water Orb Saga with my secondary character and I was amazed at how much the facial expressions added to all of the emotion and suspense. I was almost crying at the expression on my character's face when Kathool was trying to corrupt her. And I just have to say that it felt so good to feel that way, because I was connecting with the characters and story in a way I never had before. So that was a favorite moment for me. :)

-The Fire Orb Saga. Especially 'Attack on Drakonnan'. Having to fight through all those PVP characters is something I'll never forget. I'll always regret not being here when the Fire War was in progress, maybe only because it seems as if there was a lot of community involvement there. And I would like to know exactly how those PVP characters ended up in that quest. Was there some sort of contest on here at the time, or did the staff just pick and choose? But anyway, what I really liked about 'Attack on Drakonnan' was how Artix was mind-controlled into stealing the ice katana and fighting the Hero. It thrilled me at the time (I like that sort of thing) and even now I like going back to play it. I always feel sorry for Artix in that quest, because he feels so guilty (and he did do bad things) but it wasn't in any of his control. So this is another favorite moment.

-Breaking Jaania out of her crystal prison. That was amazing. I was always intrigued by Jaania, as often as she was mentioned in Book 1, and so when we actually got to free her it was a major highlight for me.

-The beginning of Book 3, and us having to get acquainted with a Lore that had changed so much. I remember the moment my character walked into Oaklore Keep and then went on to Falconreach, and it felt so weird seeing all those Rose soldiers in a place which had become so familiar to us. And then arriving in Falconreach and seeing Ash not as a young adorable boy but as a fully-grown man who is pretty badass and one of the best guests in Book 3. It was also very surprising to see how much Aria had changed. She is definitely all grown up. :)

- The Dragonrider War. Or whatever it was called-- I just remember that my cute baby dragon got to fight other cute baby dragons and it was all so adorable. :) Another good moment was when we played as Leon and went to rescue Kara from Akanthus. It was so heart-wrenching to see her so faded and broken (though I'm not sure if 'broken' is the right word for what I'm trying to say) and it was really suspicious how Akanthus just let Leon take Kara without any resistance at all. Does he have something up his sleeve? Or was his little surprise a brainwashed/mind-controlled Kara attacking Leon the moment she was freed?

-The Tomix Book 3 Saga. That saga is one of the best sagas in the entire game, I think. The writing and the graphics were beautiful and Tomix's sacrifice was heartbreaking. There were tears in my eyes at the end. :'( And what also did it for me was the thank you to the players at the end of the epilogue. I just thought that was really heartwarming and thoughtful and it made my eyes teary again. That's one of the reasons I love DragonFable as a game-- the staff and players are all really involved in the game and all of us together are a lovely community. It's part of what makes this game so unique to me. I haven't seen any other online RPGs/MMORPGs that have such a close-knit community and forum.

-Blood and Roses Saga. This is another one of the best sagas in the game, in my opinion. Everything about it was beautiful and awe-inspiring, especially the ending. Raven becoming a werewolf is especially sad to me, because I like her character and I really did hope that we might find Thursday and get a cure ready before the full moon arrived. I do hope we'll get back to the Doomwood eventually. It seems like Neron, Thursday, Chaney and Raven may possibly become more prominent in the main Rose storyline, since it's been said that Akanthus is becoming a bigger threat to them.

Post #: 46
10/22/2015 7:17:44   
Skyflakes

My greatest and memorable moments was when Xan attack falconreach, Nythera/Artix was standing outside Falconreach's inn, Sandsea's first quest, journey/quest to Falconreach, the time when I'm farming for Doom Weapons in Amitvyle, First Mogloween, Gorgok Returns, Cysero's shop's limited time, Malifact's quests, The mill and to most 2007's events. And the best is my ecstasy when I have my first Dragon Amulet!
I'm thankful that these memories makes me enjoy my life when I was a little kid that I used to wait every weekday for Friday to play DF!
Happy 10th year DF! You're my favorite game!

Post #: 47
10/22/2015 7:48:47   
apielang

i start playing DF from 2008, and DF is one of my biggest inspiration to became animator and start animating.
And my favorite in game stort is final the 13th and Tomix Saga (Miss you tomix :( )

Df Animaton Style \,/
Legendary Hero : The Last Rage Series
Check it out !
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
10/22/2015 8:00:48   
SonicTbear

Just three words... Honey and mackerel... I died... I really did...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
10/22/2015 9:28:36   
Skullkyopi

Oh wow, 10 years already? I honestly never expected I'd last this long playing this game. I actually thought I was done with AE in general when I stopped playing from the Energy Orb saga until the end of the finale. I wasn't here for much of Book 1 and I don't really know if I regret it or not. What I do know is that I'm glad I got back into it.

Most memorable(s):
- Coming back after a really long hiatus and seeing all that I've missed.
- Water Orb Saga. I found my love for HP Lovecraft in fanfics, grew even more with DF's version.
- Elemental War. One of the few times I went back for a bit during my on-off period. I was beside myself trying to contribute to the war effort.
- Tomix Saga. Recent, sure, but beautifully executed.
- Birth of Caitiff. This was when I realized DF has grown up. Never thought I'd see the game shoot for more mature visuals. And here I thought Tomix Saga was the very tip of where they'd let dark things slide.
- Joining the forums after 9 years of playing the game. This itself is an experience changer.

Cheer/Yell Moments:
I kinda got spoiled by over-the-top anime battles so there still isn't one but these are close enough. (Not DragonBall. Started my anime venture with Law of Ueki. Justice.)

quote:

<Dragon>: We can do this.
<Dragon>: We were meant for this.
<Character>: To save Lore?
<Dragon>: To destroy a planet.

- Yup. The prophecy finally reveals itself.
- Going against Cthulu/Kathool itself.

Well, here's to 10 more years of DF madness.
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition