Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/22/2015 9:34:03   
nuno110

Just to name some moments/NPCs I think that haven't been mentioned but deserve to be mentioned:

I think that one of the things that sticks to us, not just in Dragonfable, but in most of AE games is the intro. Who doesn't remember the first time the hero met Lady Celestia and Twilly and that huge dragon (I tought we were fighting him right there). There were so many puns in 1 intro and I'm sure everyone did the intro more then once just to punt Twilly.(I sure did)

Another moment that I don't think anyone mentioned is that one time we saw Nythera killing Warlic. (In wich I may have raged)

Lastly, I don't remember when we were first introduced to Cysero but that is one guy you don't forget. Ever!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
10/22/2015 10:14:32   
Zork Knight

The Vilmor saga is my favorite. All the mystery, FrostScythe's backstory, how the Ice Orb ended in Aisha's claws... And of course, one of the greatest moments in-game. One of the greatest moments of DF, IMO, was when we were trying to solve the puzzle of the letter scraps found in Bask's Guardian Tower in the forum.

In-game, the coolest moment was the final battle with Drakonnan. We had Cysero, Artix, Warlic and Zorbak with us, facing the third guy an enemy threatening to burn Lore down.

< Message edited by Zork Knight -- 10/22/2015 10:21:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
10/22/2015 10:20:55   
sunblaze

Kathuul and the water orb was awesome no doubt. I loved the mindplay.
Best in recent times would probably be Amityvale. I wanted it and got it deliverd with an insane questline. Good work!
Croft as well. While I love the witches and their halloween events in general, seeing Bubbles human again on valentines day made me joy in happiness.

Birth of Caitif had awesome story as well but the conclusion shook me to the core.
So I try to forget and make it better next time. Yes both at the same time.
AQ  Post #: 53
10/22/2015 10:47:19   
Mr.nice

I'll never forget the failed fight against Xan where the hero was knocked out. Seeing Falcoreach in ruins wasnt fun
Post #: 54
10/22/2015 11:39:03   
99th Dracopyre

My favorite bit in all of DragonFable history is the Fire War Saga. It was absolutely amazing. And that quest where Demento died, that was heavy. The music added even more gravity to the already saddening moment.

Another bit I liked was the Elemental War. Seeing the Elemental Avatars? That was super awesome, and the looked pretty awesome too. That arc also had some of the best cutscenes in the game, from beginning to end.

Speaking of wars, the Popsprocket War has had to be the most exciting and most engaging of all the wars. Everyone was in on it and that's when the forums literally exploded with people contributing to the war. Good times.

~Draco

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
10/22/2015 12:34:20   
Sharkslayer

quote:

What is a quest chain or moment from DragonFable that you'll never forget?

All moments with my beloved (T)WD.

And... Orb saga (aka Book 1) is my favorite, especially Dragesvard/Ice Orb saga and Vilmor saga
AQW  Post #: 56
10/22/2015 14:49:27   
Frostsoul

For me it definitely would be Tomix Saga. The storyline was awesome and I love soulweaver. I also really like the fact that even though it was a little Aegis was involved in the story wish he was involved a little bit more in game in general though. Anyway at the moment I am currently content
Post #: 57
10/22/2015 16:03:38   
requiem.exe

Favorite parts?

All of them.
AQ DF  Post #: 58
10/22/2015 16:14:40   
ltsarcastic

I really started playing again in 2009 and what drew me back into the game was Ravenloss. It'll always hold a special place in my heart. Tomix is one of my favorite characters ngl. The story was just so great; I've probably replayed it a dozen times. If I had to just pick one plot line to be my favorite, I'd pick Ravenloss.
DF AQW  Post #: 59
10/22/2015 16:55:54   
BeyondReach

The end of the 2nd Tomix saga, I cried so... much.
Post #: 60
10/22/2015 18:40:54   
Jovan

I got a real kick out of fighting the immaterial evils of Falconreach in the '09 Mogloween release. The Necropolis remains one of the best quest chains/locales ever. The Clashening was hilarious. Sepulchre is still my favorite villain of DF because of his enormous flying castle, his enormous army, and for being completely out of our league. And of course, getting our dragon is the defining moment of Dragonfable (It has Dragons!). My favorite war was Nythera's Elemental War. My favorite boss battle is the awesome and ingenious Wargoth Titan fight.

< Message edited by Jovan -- 10/22/2015 18:56:57 >

"We do not allow foul language, nudity, extreme realistic violence or drug/alcohol use in our games." - The DF Parent Letter
AQ DF  Post #: 61
10/22/2015 19:32:24   
shadow dragon666

Wrath of Xan, even despite all the amazing things,quest lines, develops and so forth we've gotten this one war sticks out more than anything it's our first real loss(yeah we lost our 1st war but that one sorta doesn't count really). Xan not only won that day but he kept coming back as fierce as ever his fire never going out against the hero. It to me sticks out more than anything, the moment of losing and yet everyone coming together in the end as well as the last board of Falconreach. Also add in everyone donating so much gold it broke the system xD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
10/22/2015 19:44:59   
elcidIII

@shadow we do have a habit of overdoing things, don't we.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 63
10/22/2015 20:24:48   
flashbang

quote:

Favorite parts?

All of them.

All of this.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
10/22/2015 21:54:40   
Rukaji

The final 13th war as a whole. Although my favorite moment from it was when Sepulchure slammed his sword against all of the heros, and the epic music started playing.
DF  Post #: 65
10/22/2015 22:09:51   
FriendOfAFriend

I liked watching as Kathool practically destroyed us mentally before we managed to overcome him. That was a great show of willpower. That and, y'know, TOMIX. D":
Post #: 66
10/22/2015 22:45:29   
19Jokestera95

The quest chain to obtain the dragon egg is my favorite since the doom kitten is unique and hard unless you got a water weapon.
another reason is exploring different elements and geographic area in one go.

Favorite moments when you guys finally made a challenge mode for doom crawler since people could easily farm the so called
impossible crawler If you amulet that is. Another is of coarse the final 13th question but that's a given since they save the best for
last. story bad guys and all.

and always battle on!!!
Post #: 67
10/22/2015 22:50:21   
Lord Noonien Soong

quote:

October 21th Design Notes: Greatest Moments

Hmm, I quite like AE's new dating system, quite better than the old one...

DF  Post #: 68
10/22/2015 23:32:54   
Dark Lord Urmi

my favorite moment? usually end of saga moments when the hero feels like a hero my personal favorites are when we beat envy and SMUDD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 69
10/23/2015 2:10:22   
Lenus

I have to agree with Frost, the quest chains, especially when the anticipation builds, the wars, watching everything come together, is always such a joy.

Though specifically, for me at least, my favorite moments were the Soulweaver arcs, I actually cried at the Tomix memorial.
DF  Post #: 70
10/23/2015 12:33:43   
Ibnar

Saddest moment - When the bread lady died. Rest in peace bread lady. The monument is quite touching. Saddest chains would have to be the Fire Orb saga then the Tomix saga in that order.

Funniest parts - This is a section in which there are really too many things to chose from. Humour is done perfectly down to the smallest detail in DF. If I had to chose a single quest chain then it'd be the Ice Orb Saga for obvious reasons.

Kudos to you developing team. Kudos to you.

This game has managed to draw me in like no other of it's kind including Mech Quest and AQ, the lore is amazing the story lines are poignant in some parts and humorous in others.

There is much I could say really if I had the time but you have my thanks.

< Message edited by Ibnar -- 10/23/2015 12:38:51 >
DF  Post #: 71
10/23/2015 13:37:20   
Subon

Sepulchure's invasion, definitelly.

Still to this day I remember replaying the cutscene and the fight with Seppy over and over just to see the extent of his power and hear that amazingly kickbutt soundtrack.

It was much more memorable to me than any of the the finales for me.

Some of the other less but still memorable ones are "An unlikely duo", Alexander's finale, Tomix book 1 final boss and the "death" of Tomix in book 3.

I realized that the soundtrack always plays a big part in these kind of amazing parts.
Post #: 72
10/23/2015 17:13:05   
EST OverLord

good old codemonkey challenges
or when important charcters die
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
10/23/2015 18:02:31   
Alchemist Gira

The whole tomix Saga
never in my life have i been emotionally attached to a character to the point i had tears.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
10/23/2015 23:45:07   
Glerax

Losing to Sepulchure. Fighting Sepulchure. Talking to Sepulchure.

Stuff with Sepulchure, in other words.

Oh, and also this:

Sepulchure: *rage*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= October 21, Design Notes: Greatest Moments
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition