Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Hallows Inn OCC -ReBorn- (accepting)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hallows Inn OCC -ReBorn- (accepting)
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2016 15:33:46   
Remaint

No disagreements regarding time. It simply takes too long for Folli to run about, pick up her musket, and then reposition. On the matter of firepower however:

There are many things which Folliwen lacks the firepower to eliminate. She cannot shoot through the plated armours of Corvus and Vladimir, she cannot shoot through ordinary trees or boulders and she cannot break a sword by shooting it. What she does have the firepower to do is eliminate Guglilmo’s vines. A single, very close ranged, shot will blast away half the vines binding Crazy-Eyes.

Folliwen isn’t the most capable slayer out there. Without her giant flea aiding her, she in fact is the least experienced and worst slayer in comparison to Heinrich, Sorlan, Vladimir and Corvus.

While Folli isn’t too capable, her weapon is. The Aeterasteel Musket is a tool intended to give the common man a keen edge against the likes of mystically empowered undead; it is designed to fight Woyadei, (future)Seiserna, and millennia-old entities like Guglilmo. This should be balanced by the fact that Guglilmo can very easily disable Folliwen, or even rob her of her own weapon.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 1/28/2016 15:45:55 >
AQW  Post #: 176
1/28/2016 17:33:52   
Draycos777

That's the thing tho, at this point in time, Guglilmo is a plot device and is not meant to be balanced in anyway as a said before. Even though he won't, if he wanted to he could very well kill us all. Kitsondra is meant to lose this fight. All of us are. How we lose tho, is up too DK and Vanir atm. TJ help this a bit by not joining the fight against the foxes. So now Sorlan and Corvus both have 2 foxes to fight. plus, the vines are thick. I doubt a bullet of folliwen's would be able to cut cleanly through half of the vines.

Defeating Guglilmo comes later in the story.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/28/2016 17:35:32 >
AQ  Post #: 177
1/28/2016 18:43:17   
black knight 1234567

welp if we're all meant to lose might aswell take those annoying foxes out with me
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 178
1/29/2016 0:03:00   
Remaint

I understand Guglilmo is a plot device, and have no intention of writing his defeat, or even merely scratching him, until the given time. I'm simply trying to explain the significance of Folli's musket and how it is balanced. There's a reason why I wrote Shots she take are hardly, if at all, affected by opposing mystical forces. as opposed to, her bullets aren't affected by magic. Everything that comes out of the barrel is unimpeded by things powered through magic, including all the expanding gases that rushes out, not in a linear, but in a cone-like trajectory. In very close-ranged scenarios against magic barriers or mystic briars, the Aeterasteel musket behaves more like some massive shotgun. 14 seconds of vulnerability is a long time, and with such a delay, a highly potent capability is justified.
AQW  Post #: 179
1/29/2016 8:44:25   
black knight 1234567

i'm gonna turn Folli into the next Van Helsing m80 you just stick with me and see where this goes

Also posted. That's one fox down.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
1/29/2016 9:09:47   
Draycos777

Err, BK, Zehn was behind Neun who is already attacking Sorlan, unless he completely ignored Nuen and took that hit(did I miss that part?). How would he have killed Zehn?
AQ  Post #: 181
1/29/2016 10:02:59   
black knight 1234567

Wait was the second fox flanking Sorlan or protecting the other fox's flank?

The way it happened is Fox A lunged on Sorlan. Sorlan dodges, Fox A is now on the other side, arrow shot through the air, Fox B laid flat on the ground, and just as it got up Sorlan killed it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 182
1/29/2016 10:30:35   
Draycos777

Zehn was already up before He charged Sorlan's flank. The Arrow was shot before he left Nuen's back.

Remember he paused to see who had shot the arrow.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 1/29/2016 10:31:25 >
AQ  Post #: 183
1/29/2016 10:47:56   
black knight 1234567

Edited. I hope this fixes all the mistakes?

The way it happens now is that arrow is shot, making the fox lay flat. Sorlan takes notice, he prepares himself, blinds the first fox, turns around on the second fox who now is trying to take him by surprise, while dodging out of the way of a potential attack and cuts its head clean off.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 184
1/29/2016 11:06:27   
Draycos777

I'm not sure which you're after since there's no use of names. That be possible for Nuen, but not with Zehn as he is the fastest out of all the foxes. Something like that he'd easily be able to dodge.

Also this is more of a side note for everyone if just in case: Drei is the strongest, Zehn is the fastest, and Ein and Zwei have the most cunning(I've purposely left them out so far.)
AQ  Post #: 185
1/29/2016 11:24:56   
black knight 1234567

Idk I didn't want to metagame their names since Sorlan just arrived on the scene.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 186
1/29/2016 12:40:36   
Master K

Posted.

Marcelline is rushing to Kit's aid with a Blood Flamberge.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
1/29/2016 12:54:22   
black knight 1234567

Can Gugillmo [damn you fantasy names!] just restrain us all already? its not like i'm not enjoying this but the faster we finish this set piece the sooner more players jump in [TJ] and we get more story arc started.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 188
1/29/2016 16:11:49   
Remaint

quote:

She noticed an unfamiliar warrior with their weapon wreathed in flame fighting off foxes made from pure shadow. There were some people in this battle that she did not recognize, like the warrior with the flaming weapon.

Among them, she noticed Sorlan and Sera on the battlefield.

Now I'm confused. Is there another flame-wielding warrior I have forgotten? I thought only Sorlan was brandishing something on fire.

On a side note: Cool, a Flamberge! Next thing you know, the dagger grows to zweihander proportions~
Istarelle and Diavolana sound like really nice & original names.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 1/29/2016 16:20:40 >
AQW  Post #: 189
1/29/2016 16:23:17   
black knight 1234567

I don't recall how I came up with the name Sorlan. I think I started pronouncing letter combinations and it stuck.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 190
1/29/2016 16:26:20   
Remaint

That's what I like to do to make names :D
"Sorlan" rolls off the tongue nicely, and it would seem hard to mispronounce.
On an unrelated note, Sorin is apparently a Japanese name.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 1/29/2016 16:28:11 >
AQW  Post #: 191
1/29/2016 18:30:25   
Master K

quote:

Now I'm confused. Is there another flame-wielding warrior I have forgotten? I thought only Sorlan was brandishing something on fire.

...Oh. Folliwen isn't the one brandishing flame? I guess I misunderstood. I'll edit that for clarity.

Sadly, Istarelle isn't an original name. Istarelle is actually a holy wooden spear from Demon's Souls. I fell in love with the name so much I made a build just so I could use it. Diavolana, however, is quite significant. It's the Malagasy word for "Moonlight". The other creature mentioned, Halvmane, is also taken from another language. I tend to use foreign languages to come with exotic and mostly meaningful names. As for Marcelline, her name and appearance stems from another character I had imagined for another scenario. This girl went by the name Marcy, and was more frail, timid and anxious. Bringing the idea over to The Hallows, I changed her personality. Wakefield came from looking up last names, and I thought it sounded very dramatic.

quote:

Next thing you know, the dagger grows to zweihander proportions~

Perhaps so. Palm bloodletting turns the knife to a Flamberge type weapon, but perhaps a more drastic sacrifice could elongate its blade.
One thing I enjoy is that I start characters off with only minor abilities and add things as the RP goes along, within reason.

< Message edited by Master K -- 1/29/2016 18:32:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
1/29/2016 18:35:03   
Bastet

I'm not sure if I'm seeing references about my EC2014 character. Am I?
Post #: 193
1/29/2016 18:47:40   
Master K

I looked them up. Similar concept, but I took more cue from Bloodborne. Marcelline's dagger is more along the lines of the final boss of the Chalice Dungeons, who jabs her knife straight through her palm and turns it in to a bloody greatsword.

< Message edited by Master K -- 1/29/2016 18:50:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
1/31/2016 16:30:37   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

A passing note that I am still around, but I don't have a lot of material for a post at this juncture. Marietta is currently tied up in the vines with her own knife at her throat, so she's not particularly interested in struggling out and cutting her own throat.

I'll keep an eye on things and throw a post together once I think I have something to contribute.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 195
2/15/2016 21:54:16   
Master K

So, what's everyone's plans in terms of posting?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 196
2/15/2016 22:20:28   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

In the same boat as Kells. Sera's not really able to do anything given that she's just as stuck as everyone else.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 197
2/15/2016 22:38:21   
Vanir

So what I'm seeing is that everyone's waiting around for me to do something. I've been sitting around trying to think of something to do. Any suggestions?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
2/16/2016 10:59:24   
Remaint

An arbalest bolt aimed at Guglilmo will surely distract him, maybe enough for Kitsondra to do something. 1000 years old or not, 650+ lbs worth of KE flying at your face will make you pay attention.

Maybe we can disrupt his mystical concentration, and have more members freed.

< Message edited by Remaint -- 2/16/2016 11:00:23 >
AQW  Post #: 199
2/16/2016 16:03:31   
Master K

Marcelline at the moment is charging at G with a blood flamberge, rushing to Kitsondra's aid.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: The Hallows Inn OCC -ReBorn- (accepting)
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition