Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Tenth PvP Tournament Void Wars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Tenth PvP Tournament Void Wars
Page 16 of 18«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2015 21:37:03   
DarkBlazer49

While it is sad for the forfeitors, think of it this way. You just got an express route to the semifinals at the cost of the dropouts. So I would not consider it cursed but blessed. You still have time to practice. I think it is still great how this tournament has revived Oversoul hopefully long enough for new updates.
AQ AQW  Post #: 376
12/6/2015 21:56:36   
Voltaggia 1551

I get what you're saying, Tuga. I took the liberty of counting the dropouts just from rounds 1 and 2 a while ago. I was surprised to find that 51 players (that's over a third!) dropped out in those first 2 rounds.

If you do the math then that is slightly over 38% of signups in just 2 rounds!

My bad I messed up the numbers. It's just over 45%. If you count the total amount (I think it's + another 10?) it will be 61/113 which is 53.9% (one decimal place)

< Message edited by Voltaggia 1551 -- 12/6/2015 22:29:26 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 377
12/6/2015 22:16:24   
The Jop

Yeah, we got a bunch of entries through AQW's design notes, but a lot of them didn't actually know how to participate in a forum tournament or just forgot/lost interest. Still probably one of the biggest forum tournaments, but we got very few players who have never been in another forum tournament before participating.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 378
12/6/2015 22:55:46   
Elite Tuga

quote:

While it is sad for the forfeitors, think of it this way. You just got an express route to the semifinals at the cost of the dropouts. So I would not consider it cursed but blessed. You still have time to practice. I think it is still great how this tournament has revived Oversoul hopefully long enough for new updates.

Thanks bro, if you put it that way. Though I would have loved if this tournament lasted a bit longer if those drop-outs had participated. Looking at the bright side.. at least Kiyone and Mritha get rest sooner than expected, they have worked exceptionally and they deserve a rest for a good while, asap.

quote:

I get what you're saying, Tuga. I took the liberty of counting the dropouts just from rounds 1 and 2 a while ago. I was surprised to find that 51 players (that's over a third!) dropped out in those first 2 rounds.

If you do the math then that is slightly over 38% of signups in just 2 rounds!

My bad I messed up the numbers. It's just over 45%. If you count the total amount (I think it's + another 10?) it will be 61/113 which is 53.9% (one decimal place)

Wow that's insane statistics, very disappointing.. why do players bother to sign up if they can't get the job done, LOL.

quote:

Yeah, we got a bunch of entries through AQW's design notes, but a lot of them didn't actually know how to participate in a forum tournament or just forgot/lost interest. Still probably one of the biggest forum tournaments, but we got very few players who have never been in another forum tournament before participating.

Yea I agree, most were from AQW's. It's funny though, they can log-in forums and sign up for the tournament but they can't/won't log-in to participate in-game, very ironic turnout since it's usually the other way around. Oh well, they are certainly missing out epic fun and big prizes.
Epic  Post #: 379
12/7/2015 11:11:57   
Andlu

@Tuga I'm sorry Tuga
My life is pretty much going downhill
you wouldn't feel the thrill of a real duel with me
I am confused I can't focus
I just hope you can win this
I'm so sorry
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 380
12/7/2015 17:17:15   
Elite Tuga

I guess you have your reasons, it's just that a lot of people have being doing this lately and hardly explain why, unless questioned.. Anyway good-luck bro and may your problems be resolved.
Epic  Post #: 381
12/7/2015 18:06:52   
DarkBlazer49

@Andlu don't worry about it. Don't let life get you down. Get rest, eat, have fun, and don't be afraid to talk to people - not because people are weird but because sometimes you just don't want to talk to people. Hopefully there will be another day to duel.

Voice of Fate, Founder, Void Rebirth and until I defeat Nulgath's Shadow, Master of the Voids: I am neither mortal nor immortal but if you excuse the "puns" an Elite, a Titan, and a Phoenix as we all are. Nothing more and nothing less... The Transcendent
AQ AQW  Post #: 382
12/7/2015 18:17:32   
Resk

Wasn't entirly mega, just aftrr sleeping through 7am slot:
Work till 11pm
Granparents with no internet till this morning.
Work after till 11am

I had initially though i could enter fine, just work upped my shifts, which really only left me free wed & fri, which wasn't most effective.

Happens it happen so no worries.

Also: She*

-Resk

< Message edited by Resk -- 12/7/2015 18:21:02 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 383
12/7/2015 18:23:25   
Archfiend

Elite Tuga, it seems you froze twice in a row. It's unlucky seeing as how the match was going to be over both times
come back you havent won yet

< Message edited by Archfiend -- 12/7/2015 20:38:28 >
Post #: 384
12/7/2015 20:29:11   
DarkBlazer49

Remember to wait till at least 27 seconds. Gl both of you.
AQ AQW  Post #: 385
12/7/2015 20:44:02   
Voltaggia 1551

Is that how you prevent freezes? I didn't even know! :O (This is most likely because freezes rarely occur for me).

Anyway, good luck Elite Tuga and Ovsersoul!

< Message edited by Voltaggia 1551 -- 12/7/2015 20:58:59 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 386
12/7/2015 20:58:23   
Elite Tuga

Where are you? I don't see you neither in Solace 0 nor 1.

Freezes occur all the time unfortuantely (Flash sucks), you lost the first game we had then we freeze at 2nd match (maybe playing the game too fast each turn) and we start again as you desired.. The 3rd match we freeze once again in 3/4 of the battle (I had a good hand too). I turned AVG off just to make sure to prevent further freezes from my side (at least reduces the chance) and our 4th match I won again but we are still half way (1-0).

Let me know if you want to continue today or tomorrow (your call bro).

Edit: I guess Ovsrsoul got upset with the freezes (although It affected me too) and left half way (1-0) without any sportsmanship or decency of saying anything along the lines of "we shall continue tomorrow, Elite."
I guess I'll have to wait for his return but feel upset that it could have been over by now regardless of victor.

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 12/7/2015 21:27:12 >
Epic  Post #: 387
12/7/2015 21:35:20   
DarkBlazer49

Ok? Maybe he thought he lost or something came up. I thought you just said he lost the first game and I won the fourth? I did not see a loss for you in the middle? Gj so far though.
AQ AQW  Post #: 388
12/7/2015 21:52:26   
Elite Tuga

Lol, its a bit confusing let me elaborate for you guys..

First match: I beat his Skexis Brood.
Second match: We disconnect It could have been from my side it seems.

Then he offers to reset match results for fairness and so we did, back to 0-0.

3rd Attempt (new match): 3/4 of the fight I freeze (with a good hand enough to kill him next turn) after that I decide to turn off AVG programme to see if it helps (every little helps) and then..

4th Attemp/Match I win again against his V.R

I got screenshots of my victories but it's left at 1-0 after all this unfortunate mess and idk if he will return but he told me "This isn't the end I haven't won yet" and disappears, I try looking for him but nowhere to be seen. He might come back later or something but it's just the manner he acted, that is weird. :s

Edit: Coming to think of it better, I really don't know if either the 2 games I had were actual Flash P. freezes or just bad FPS drops/Lag's from my PC HP v2009 (occurs often) which could have defected my performance and since I refreshed (could have done it a bit too soon, should have waited longer to be sure) so IDK exactly what happened, since I lack resources to investigate further. Just hope we can continue or start fresh asap, so we can see an announced Void winner any-time this week. :D

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 12/7/2015 23:22:46 >
Epic  Post #: 389
12/8/2015 21:50:25   
DarkLore

I'm one of many to claim victory over a Rev in the tournament! Mritha gave me quite the battle. Here's the story she wrote!
quote:

~DarkLore finds breakfast on the road!~
DarkLore spied two oversouls battling for supremacy but ignored them. He had a bigger target... the Shadow of Nulgath. So consumed was he by his desire that he didn't notice a Reventhious Egg, eager to prove its worth, roll into his path and get underfoot. Stumbling, DarkLore sent an annoyed glare at the egg, lazily kicking at it to remove the nuisance from his path. But the egg was surprisingly quick, rolling nimbly and colliding with his other leg, nearly causing DarkLore to fall. Angry now, he swiped at the egg with his sword but again missed, cutting empty air while the egg rolled quickly around behind him and rammed into the back of his knees, this time succeeding in knocking him to the ground! With a roar in fury, DarkLore grabbed the egg with one quick strike and slammed it against the pavement, cracking its shell. As he rose and picked up his sword, he tucked the egg under one arm. He didn't get Nulgath this day, but he did get breakfast. It wasn't a total loss.

That story was hilarious!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 390
12/9/2015 17:40:35   
Elite Tuga

You guys have the rights to know that I received a Personal message after Kiyone resolved some issues (about last battles) this is the FINAL conclusion:

quote:

After review all the information given by both parties with my fellow judges. We have come to this conclusion. Given the problems of the two of the 4 games having a freezing bug(a rare but know game bug) and the mid match agreement you both had. Your match will continue but will continue with the follow restricions.

~The VS match has become one sudden death match. Winner takes all.
~Ovsersoul aka Archfiend will go first. This is do to Elite Tuga leading in the series prior to all this.
~Game freezing and any other excuses will no longer be accepted.
~Its recommend you both screenshot your victory and defeat. This is to avoid complications and if we need to correct something like AI take over for both of you. We have visual proof.
~Notify me of the time so I can try to be ingame to address/observed this.

So schedule rematch as normal and good luck to both of you.

Thanks Kiyone and AE staff.

Hey Archfiend, good to know we will be going to a Sudden Death. I wish we both could fight this Friday around 15:00 - 00:00 GMT. Please let me know if you can't so we can re-schedule it.
Epic  Post #: 391
12/10/2015 8:50:53   
Gorillo Titan

If Blade works on this do we have a coder who will be able to give us regular releases?
Post #: 392
12/10/2015 9:12:08   
solomi123

None as far as we know, unless whoever coded previous OS releases passed down their coding skills to volunteers.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 393
12/10/2015 9:59:37   
Gorillo Titan

We have warlic and galanoth but are they gonna do releases are will it be another nulgath situation we get an artist then never have a coder?
Post #: 394
12/11/2015 15:45:15   
The Finnish Phoenix

Congratulations to Elite Tuga, Ovsersoul, and especially Voice (as he is in the finals already!) for making it so far!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 395
12/11/2015 18:25:44   
Elite Tuga

My contestant is nowhere to be seen at 23:00 GMT time. Been waiting over 30 minutes from the time we planned out and I might get busy, family coming over and things to do.. "Make sure you are not stalling time."

TFP - Thanks for the reminder bro and good to see you still around.
Epic  Post #: 396
12/11/2015 18:47:19   
Andlu

You people honestly shouldn't go as down as this serious on a tourney
I mean it's for fun
I hope the one who deserves wins ^-^
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 397
12/11/2015 19:26:19   
Voltaggia 1551

Hold on... why are you guys using GMT? I think it would be more convenient to stick to using EST seeing as how there seemed to be some sort of confusion with the times.

@Archfiend & Tuga: You guys should take your time and re-schedule if you need to. The tournament is nearing its end so there's no need to rush into things. However, I do understand your blood-lust erm... impatience. Good luck to both!
AQ AQW  Post #: 398
12/11/2015 20:25:24   
DarkBlazer49

People use GMT because it is the center/universal standard time. Elite is in Europe and I do not know Archfiend/Oversoul's time. I also would rather not rush it but understand the want to if the moderatprs are getting impatient.
AQ AQW  Post #: 399
12/11/2015 21:01:55   
Elite Tuga

Thanks DarkBlazer49, someone understands at least. Anyway things should pretty much end this week unless Boss fights continue next week since Staff don't work on weekends.
Epic  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Tenth PvP Tournament Void Wars
Page 16 of 18«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition