Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

EpicDuel without the Infernal Android

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> EpicDuel without the Infernal Android
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/22/2015 20:07:17   
One Winged Angel1357

The whole idea for this thread is to give your two cents on what the meta shift would be working under the hypothetical that the Infernal Android(IA) was to be patched out. I am more interested in what robots you think would rise to power to fill that gap but also be thinking about what builds you would expect to see a skip in and how that would impact people's choices in robots and gear.

I will be holding my opinion back for a few comments so my opinion isn't the focus of the starting discussion.

Also I would like to apologies to Lord Machaar I had to make the choice between having the AK's moving the thread over or just having them take it down and I picked to take it down because I needed to do some more work on it anyway. Because of that I didn't get to read your comment and I do hope you can post it again so I can see it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/23/2015 2:39:52   
Foulman

You'd be taking out the only good, cheap robot for F2P players. Focus builds would be a hell of a lot rarer, when new and returning players come in after the gifting event. High health/high strength builds would be even stronger, and the 770 energy 130 support and high health builds would become nigh on unbeatable except by strength/health builds, and tanks that could beat them would be reduced to those classes that can support a high field medic, AKA TM and TLM. People who used to have focus would then turn to more offensive spam builds, like the 4 focus 1300 health strength build. Blood Hawk and Black Abyss would become more viable, but only a select few would own those pieces of equipment. You'd be taking out any problems with tech/focus builds from using Pyro Fly, which is insanely broken and OP with every class relying on a main energy skill to function properly. Massive damage builds like Dex TM, Support TM, TLM and Merc, and the strength abuse builds would become the dominant builds. You might be diversifying the robots that focus builds are currently using, but you would also be driving many players away from using focus or tech heavy builds because of the financial costs involved with taking away such a cheap robot away. A lot would simply leave when deprived of what may be their favourite builds, and the ones who stay would probably have problems. BM would be hit hard, because focus is the only build that I know of which has a decent win rate, BH focus would be dead, and with Dex being risky and with strength being so much weaker than TM and TLM, the only focus users would be the ones who can afford to fork out for the 45K robots. While players who get to the gifting events or who have enough IRL time or money to buy whatever they want would be good, the newbies would struggle to get any robots at all. TM, with its insane variety of builds compared to everyone else, wouldn't really feel the impact. The same goes for TLM. CH would really have to move to strength or fork out for another robot, but because they have a nuke skill, they won't be hit as hard as focus BH. Merc would be left in the mud. I've only seen 2 mercs in the last 6 months of PvP. The Aux rage+IA special would be gone, and seeing as no other robots (except the rare Gamma bot) can come close to the burst of the IA, no focus builds would really work unless they have a cheap nuke skill already that scales with tech. Goodbye Focus 5 BH/TLM, hello focus 4 Strength BH with Blood Hawk or Black Abyss. Botanical Hazard would be used as an alternative, at least by those who have it, and longer battles against focus users would be less risky. In short, you would be nerfing the focus community in general, and buffing everyone who doesn't rely on tech, as well as alienating casual players, F2P players and people who actually lead real lives away from Epicduel. As the game is already so small, you really cannot afford to carry out this hypothetical IA deletion.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/23/2015 4:49:17   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

You'd be taking out the only good, cheap robot for F2P players

F2P disadvantages in PvP basically don't exist anymore, with the exception of recently released promos which IA is not one of.

IA offers a lot of what a focus build wants, which is mainly a mixed damage type, consistent strong damage, and the ability to do a lot of damage in a single turn. Most focus builds generally lack any burst so this is a pretty important component of what makes IA so popular.

To be honest the removal of IA would just dent ED and not improve much. As of now the other robots simply serve to counter specific meta builds or work with certain builds. For example, Kartherax was only really popular when strength builds were extremely common. If ED wants to experience an improvement in focus builds what they need to do is diversify skill trees for each class way more, and also make the skills more unique. Once the variety of focus builds increases it becomes a lot easier to choose the robot that best fits the unique build. Right now all focus builds are generally the same and function off of near identical mechanics no matter what skill spread or class you are playing as, which obviously attributes bot selection to two major things: which single bot will ALWAYS fit best on focus builds in general, and which bot counters the most popular build out there. In a healthy PvP environment, neither of these things should be influencing the selection of a robot, and the selection of the robot should be based entirely on one's own build. It should serve the purpose of improving an individual's build by either synergizing greatly with it, such as with TM caster and Pyro Fly (which often creates a scenario where you can't do anything with the massive energy regain TM has due to your energy steal being disabled most of the time), or to patch up certain flaws in a build. So, until you change how focus builds are fundamentally created then people will just shift over to the next bot best suited or most overpowered in general for an archetypal focus build. I predict this is going to be pyro fly.
Epic  Post #: 3
11/23/2015 14:35:08   
Lord Machaar

I see that the post was moved here from ED GD but my pretty long reply wasn't moved along with it, I ain't writing all that up again, so goodluck with the discussion.
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
11/23/2015 20:30:10   
Mother1

If the infernal android was never brought into the game I can think of a couple of things that would have never happened.

1) The first bot check when the Buff reducing and debuff reducing bots wouldn't have happened seeing as it was that untested overpowered infernal android that was thrown out on us that caused that bot balance update in the first place.

2) We wouldn't have people complaining about the gamma bot needing a buff due to the infernal android completely outshining it since it did the exact same thing but had a charging laser.

@ foulman

if this was back in delta when the bot first came out I would agree seeing as back then the only robot you could get was only the rusted assault bot, however now in omega every bot can be brought for credits (with the exception of the biobeast bot seeing as it hasn't come back for credits yet)

The real issue is thanks to the changing meta and the way most robots work the only universal bots that work for all meta's are the infernal android, and Gamma bot, and since the later is not only ultra rare but weaker in comparison (depending on stage in the game) the infernal android tops all in all situations.

I remember back when it didn't matter what robot you had each robot had their uses and were effective in game. Sadly now I can't even use my personal favorite robot due to it's special not only being nearly worthless, but due to the current meta it's offensive ability is at risk of being blocked.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/28/2015 14:07:45   
nowras

Simply removing IA from the game will destroy focus builds..
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/28/2015 15:39:20   
dfo99

just not supported.
Post #: 7
12/1/2015 16:30:24   
racing.lo.mas

I don't know what is the point of taking it, But maybe you can replace it. It has happened before, for example when the IA replaced the assault bot.
Maybe you can think about a bot that is enough good to make people choose it, but not too strong to make everybody use it.
Idk, is just an idea. What do you think?
Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> EpicDuel without the Infernal Android
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition