Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Unranked and ranked

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Unranked and ranked
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/23/2015 22:14:04   
Gomez

I believe that if you separated matches that use legendary points and ones that do not you would make lower ranks more happy when they play.
For ranked matches legendary points are included ( while we are at it why not bring back influence), Unranked will be a more chill battle were base stats and skills are used. Maybe this could buy some time to balance the game out some. I know the game population is low so not many people might pick the ranked because it might consist of 70+ ranks but maybe as the game progresses people will return and work their way up to the rank they want to do ranked. The ranks and all that stuff encourage auto clicking because it is an easy way of ranking without having to deal with all the "ed issues", but if they do unranked they might enjoy themselves more by versing people equally.
This suggestion might encourage more people to return to 1vs1 because of the new matchmaking system.
I understand its a lot but its better to speak out rather than watch the game you've played for 5 years slowly disappear.

could be a function that unlocks at lvl 40

< Message edited by Gomez -- 11/23/2015 22:19:39 >
Post #: 1
11/23/2015 23:36:08   
  Exploding Penguin

I think ED utilizes a lot of RPG elements from the older days of gaming but it just doesn't work out in the competitive PvP environment that it's currently in.

Take any other type of PvP game that is fairly competitive. Hearthstone, League of Legends, Starcraft, some FPS games, etc...
What they all have that ED doesn't is a system where people are actually tagged through their skill, not their playtime. And people who dump ludicrous amounts of time into the game get way too many benefits to the point where they just can't be dealt with, I.E. 100 ranks vs. 0 ranks. IMO ED needs to shift more towards the current culture of competitive PvP games where the ranking system simply shows that you are a better person skill-wise, and the rewards are access to more, but not necessarily better, content/options in the game. Cosmetic bonuses are also a very nice thing that people really like cause it shows off their achievements but doesn't provide any unfair advantage whatsoever in a match.

Hence why I am a huge supporter of Cyber Dream's idea of just removing the leveling system completely or toning it down to the point where levels in terms of PvP benefits mean almost nothing.

... but that's enough of me going off on a tangent. To respond to your suggestion, I think it would be a viable idea but I don't know if there are enough people in the playerbase to keep queue times at a healthy status.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/23/2015 23:49:28   
Mother1

@ Exploding Penguin

I made that suggestion a while before underdog came out. However it was completely shot down by most high ranked players who didn't like the idea due the fact that it would be enhancements all over again (meaning they spend money on something only the staff to in a lesser sense take it away.)

@ OP

While I agree something needs to be done separating ranked players from unranked players without something else done won't be a good idea.

With the way the player pool is now (200 barely 300 even during the day) and it being even worse during reset and non peak hours (At times the pool is under 200 close to the mid 100's) matches have a much greater chance of either

A) taking a massive time to start
B) no starting at all.

There needs to be something in play to make sure people will get matches if said change is done.

So this isn't a complete nay from me but rather a nay if left as is without adding some sort of net to make A and/or B not happen.
Epic  Post #: 3
11/24/2015 4:52:16   
Gomez

yea I just thought it was a good idea without removing ranks and causing people to rage over lost varium

They could possibly add the feature during an event that pulls players for a short period of time, maybe next year during Christmas.

< Message edited by Gomez -- 11/24/2015 4:54:44 >
Post #: 4
11/24/2015 5:09:34   
Gomez

Could higher ranks possibly play unranked and wait to see if the ed population grows with the new system?
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Unranked and ranked
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition