Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 16 of 27«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2016 22:25:20   
LoliFebri

I just want to suggest a fully dedicated Beginner's guide for everything about AQ3D lore, mechanics, tips&tricks, etc. in the forum, game and official website.

Post #: 376
12/5/2016 3:08:55   
Amethystlock

A List of Quest Chains and their Locations in-game for new protagonists to take in upon completing the tutorial, who wander around battleon accepting the repeatable quests and then ask, "Where are the Trolluks?" first-time new protagonists who explore battleon this way makes for a good learn and feel of the town and its heroes, sometimes some might get lost in all the tasks and feel like they're meant to be somewhere much too dangerous for them.

Also a simple explanation upon completing the tutorial about Beginning in Greenguard and how the maps are designed to take you to each zone.. so long as you find the back entrance/exit. And a quick look at the Teleport feature and how to use it in descending order for your level. Explorers find it out right away, but some don't know where to start.

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 12/5/2016 3:35:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 377
12/7/2016 0:10:58   
Victor_the_mage

There should be an afk death timer so that players cannot be afk dead at popular maps such as the bridge and the drop challenge. This timer would log them out or send them back to Battleon if they stayed afk dead for some x number of minutes.

Oh! and it would be really cool if NPC's had realistic examines. Like when you view Artix's stats they're all 141 or something. It would be a cool touch of flavor to examine the town gaurds and heros and see their canonical stats.

Signature removed. Please do not use your signature in this thread, as per the thread rules. ~Rickyb20

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 12/7/2016 9:45:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 378
12/7/2016 9:02:46   
Amethystlock

I like the idea of crafting survival and strategic contraptions from limited resources. that means if you run out, your one-of-many horror lives in all the quarters and corridors you get up close and personal with, need to know your world and environment placements for better chances to survive, gets hard but doable. and using quick wits and strong emphasis on stealth to get out of difficult situations. You decide and strategize the path you want to take and the resources you want to use, cross your fingers, predict everything to go wrong but do everything to keep your distance from harm, or go in blazing glory(running for your life, which is usually a bad idea), the ocassional time when your human side shows. Where everything and everyone that harms you ingame almost makes you feel it in real-life, that level of depth and sync with our character. Very personal physically, mentally, emotionally.

Just an example of ONE contraption; this post gets long from my constant mind-explosion compulsions.

1. Medikits for unique ailments other than your normal health bar that measures your whole scale of healthiness and aptitude-of-not-dying level, meaning other things like POISON and DAZE and WEAKEN and BURN (in future perhaps, Volcano...Q; anything around that can burn status char?)that your character doesn't really seem personally affected by role-player-wise, feeling-wise. Got poisoned? wait a little and it'll all go away. What I mean is; what happens to a person that is poisoned? Maybe their vision goes funny, maybe a character gets woozy, maybe a sound. I need to research poison. It helps us feel the world is alive, helps us feel alive.

Currently, we wouldn't need to use the above for curing, which is good because it'd make the current game of quick dungeon farming for gold and rares only trickier, it is only meant for special instances of humanlike stories and smarts, where you need to plan accordingly or FEEL THE EFFECTS as if you had them yourself.

One contraption example down, many more to go....Oh man lol hope the compulsion explosions don't get people the wrong way. Good moods and bad moods change how we see the whole world. Suggestion: pour everything ingame with hope Share the love lol

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 12/7/2016 17:05:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 379
12/14/2016 0:33:38   
Hackk

How about adding an option to change loading screens? It is tiring to see the same loading screen over and over even if it just shows up for only a few seconds. And maybe you can have in game purchasable loading screens, craftable, droppable or earnable it whatever ways to make added flavor in the game. And of course there must be an option to select loading screens to add in the shuffle list. How about it?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 380
12/14/2016 22:24:47   
Alvarno

Some small things that would make the game more immersive:

1. Have different sound effects for different types of attacks. This was something I never realized, but it makes a world of difference. For example, in AQW, the sounds of Kezeroth's attacks are different from the regular thuds and slashes that he feels more alive. Also, some voiceovers for dungeon bosses would be amazing.

2. Dynamic login screen. Maybe some moving animations and music would make it better. I understand it may pose a problem for people opening the app for the first time and finding it doesn't meet their device's standards, but a little bit of tinkering around could make it work just enough.

3. Non-combat spells. Each class should have class-specific spells that help with non-combat stuff. Maybe mages can have slow fall/levitate/etc. The stealth spell could actually make rogues harder to see (this would be great when PvP comes around). Warriors can have a charge spell that increases run speed for a short burst?

4. Races. I feel like this system has been discussed, but the implementation system could be similar to classes. Have a submenu that allows you to change your race. Stats will change for each individual race.

5. More towns. Right now, every new zone is just a monster area, but it would be great if we could have more towns to hang out at. Also, it would be nice if we could have the faction system like in AQW (Good/Evil) with each faction having their own capital. This would be more meaningful when PvP comes around and we can have faction loyalty.

6. More questgivers. For each zone right now, there's only one questgiver giving a very linear quest line. I feel like the game would feel less linear if there were multiple questgivers, so you can choose which quests you want to complete first.
AQW  Post #: 381
12/16/2016 5:33:54   
Amethystlock

rarity category for all 1% drop rates, which would be our window-shop to enjoy the sights, that or our ability to weigh our options when it comes to hunting down and taking material outward looks from Big Creatures, see what times we're in for when we go out into the wild many times with same endings, i can almost see the barbarian side showing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 382
12/16/2016 16:04:05   
XeNON_54

A Tiered Class Skill Tree where you can unlock skills depending on which rank your class is at and choosing one instead of the other will decide which skill will be unlocked next. Once fully mastered you unlock one of 2 or more "Advance classes" depending on which side of the skill tree you picked.

This means that there wold be 2 kinds of xp systems that need to be put in place. A regular XP that levels you up as you gain more and a Job/Class XP similar to the Class rep in AQW and other MMO games that ranks up your class.

I really dislike the fact that you have all skills unlocked in your class the moment you buy it.
It seems way too Pay2Win that way. There's no sense of "earning" the skills like you did in the previous games and I really miss that in this game.

< Message edited by XeNON_54 -- 12/16/2016 16:08:02 >
Post #: 383
12/16/2016 20:45:18   
Amethystlock

Bows and throwing daggers for rogues to use. or if a class is feeling lucky, spears and javelins. mages stay out of reach, attacking with mobility, bolster their defenses, break up crowd fights, i feel like rogues would have a hard time getting a hit on a mage. what kind of skills would really bring out rogue's needs of not getting caught, staying out of harm, one of the most human-like classes that I'd love to use more. also, mobs and mob farming are a big role for us, without control of the crowd we are likely doomed. a rogue would need to scattershot, maybe flashbang stun a crowd when they get close, distract them away with glowing flares and explosives, skills with the general idea of getting out without getting hurt.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 384
1/6/2017 8:55:43   
Phlynch

I would like to see some looser tagging rules in some scenarios. The current ones work 90% of the time, but there are a few cases where looser rules would be greatly appreciated.

1) Bosses.

There are few things more disheartening than getting a boss to 1% health and then dying seconds before the rest of the group kills it. This is especially true in the open world where many bosses are rare spawns, so if you missed it you have to grind whatever other mob spawns in that spot potentially for hours, and hope really hard it does't kill you seconds before it dies again.

The answer here is to make bosses only reset the tag when they leave combat. So if you die and everyone else kills it you still get the loot.

2) Dungeons

First come first serve tagging works fine in the open world where everyone is playing on their own, but in a dungeon you are supposed to be working as a team. Unfortunately since dungeons have the same tagging rules as the open world it rarely feels like a team effort, and more like a mad race to tag everything you can.

The answer here is a bit trickier. In a perfect world you would just say everyone in the dungeon automatically has everything tagged, since nothing in that dungeon is going to die without someone in the team killing it. But this could potentially reward AFKers sitting at the front of the dungeon. So before we do that we need some way to eject players from the dungeon if they aren't pulling their weight, but then you create a system that could be abused against innocent players.

I'll leave figuring that one out to the developers, but at the very least the boss tagging rule would be greatly appreciated.

quote:

A Tiered Class Skill Tree where you can unlock skills depending on which rank your class is at and choosing one instead of the other will decide which skill will be unlocked next. Once fully mastered you unlock one of 2 or more "Advance classes" depending on which side of the skill tree you picked.

We don't need WoWs old talent trees for the same reason WoW didn't need WoW's old talent trees.

If you can make a choice, the community will always label one of those choices "wrong" and players who chose that option will be excluded. AQ3D's class system is very different from other MMORPGs in that you can have every class on the same character, and as such the classes are much simpler than other games. We don't need trees to have customization, because you can just pick a different class that you like more.

Merged double-post. Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Rickyb20

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 1/7/2017 4:38:00 >
Post #: 385
1/6/2017 18:55:52   
Roaros

I think talent trees are awesome and we ARE NOT WoW. So dont go comparing AQ3D to WoW. What we need is better way for "tanky" people to hold threat better. right now, there isnt. He who does the most damage gets the most threat. not good. And mana just pours out of your tanks. no mana= no threat.

I second the tagging suggestions! love that. I would also add that before the group can start the next segment of a dungeon all teammates must be together in the new section. that way they dont just leave people in the dust without the ability to pick up loot cuz they couldnt tag anything.
Post #: 386
1/6/2017 19:17:07   
Amethystlock

quote:

Unfortunately since dungeons have the same tagging rules as the open world it rarely feels like a team effort, and more like a mad race to tag everything you can.

I agree all the way. Once the party system comes out, the feature of shared experience and gold makes us less mad at SO MANY PEOPLE IN A RUSH STEALING ALL THE KILLS AND NOT LETTING US LOOT EVERYTHING IF WE DO GET A HIT. If people go afk, we take them out of the party. If the leader is afk, we go out of the party ourselves and create a new party.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 387
1/9/2017 6:12:05   
Roaros

There shouldnt be a "leader" in a group. Everyone should have the same options. I would like there to be the option to start a "new" dungeon. I hate it when I join a dungeon in progress and its on the last boss. Wasted Keys.

AAAAAAAAAANNND......While on the subject.....KEYS?? PLEASE get rid of the keys. Keys are a terrible idea. It may make sense on paper if your trying to get revenue, but from a player base standpoint, all they do limit us, cause problems when someone feels like they were cheated out of a key. Keys can only cause morale issues.

The targeting system and combat needs to be fixed IMO. When I hit the target button, the targeting system needs to start with closest ATTACKING mob IN FRONT OF ME and then should move to the next closest mob in combat and so forth. Currently it doesnt do that when I hit the target button. I feel like it chooses at random. Sometimes I feel like it knows what mob I want, so it chooses that one last. lol. But it needs to choose mobs that are attacking, in front of me, and in combat first.

Combat. OK, if I have a mob thats outside my effect radius, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT make me run over to it and then do the attack. I *LIKE* where Im standing. Just start and stop the attack so I know the attack registered or was attempted but it failed. Also, Please have my toon target and Autoattack (even if its too far away for a sword) the first mob that hits me. ONLY the first mob that hits me. When its dead, start an autoattack on the first mob that hits me and so forth. I dont want to run over to it, I dont want my character to move at all, just start the autoattack. Thats all.

I think these suggestion would really help quite a bit.

Merged double-post. Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Rickyb20

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 1/10/2017 7:45:35 >
Post #: 388
1/9/2017 18:55:26   
Amethystlock

^^Yes, when the game gets you to auto-run to a monster to get a hit, it can push the camera hard and get you to lose your sense of combat control, and maybe kill you if it forces you into the middle of a mob. That is not the way I wanna go.

"Disbanding a fellowship and then reforming it is often a tactic necessary if certain problems are encountered with instances and the like." If everyone had the ability to disband the entire party as they all had the same options as equals, as great as the privilege sounds, there might be some people who use it the wrong way. It works in reverse too; a bad leader can do it wrong for you. you can keep yourself away from one wrong powerful person though, but when everyone's a potential party-killer or invites others while you had others in mind, we could get some hard-core confusion and trolling.

One thing we'd miss, inside a party with shared experience and gold, from people who need to be quick in instances; working together as a team, as there'd be people staying behind collecting the loot.

To fix, and let people play quickly as aq3d comes with the popularity of playing on the go(or on the run) when you have a few minutes to spare, Remote Looting would make life easier for everyone and save time.

"What exactly does that mean though?

It means no more clicking on corpses.

Loot from Remote Looting can be put into a Pending Loot bag for you to go through later .

When you have items in the Pending Loot list a new alert will appear and will stay so long as there are any items in the list."

After the instance when you have breathing room, you can go through your Pending Loot list by clicking on a "Pending Loot" alert that appears on your screen, or it could appear on your menu as a tab, quite similar to the Crafting Tab. Here is an example of a "Pending Loot UI Panel:" https://postimg.org/image/xrvh7qzeb/

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Grouping

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Remote_Looting
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 389
1/10/2017 5:15:16   
Roaros

I meant everyone in the party gets to vote. I agree no one person should have the power to kick until we start talking about larger group raiding.

I like corpse clicking. What I dont like is that the loot bags disappear WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY *WAY* to fast. Ive had cut scenes take too long to load so by the time I can click skip, my loot bag is gone. And that fills me with rage. Please give us the option of "No Cut Scenes" too. Fist time is nice, after the 123782135t48612354e+023 time running tower, Im over it.
Post #: 390
1/13/2017 0:21:13   
Prince Alteon

Please do something about looting. A hotkey would do wonders. Rather than having to click each bag of loot, you could stand beside it and press "R" or something (I said R because it's close to all of the other main buttons, it could be anything).

Trying to loot items while your team rushes through a dungeon and kills everything before you can touch it is horrible.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 391
1/13/2017 18:54:14   
LurkBlackSmith

A randomized quiz battle about "deconstruction" of the very basic fundamental magic arts,weapon techniques,martial arts questions. Cue from World of Cultivation. So that at least there'll be another option to pass the time in the game or beat another person's time at solving these questions. While this would totally give out the nostalgic dread of exams/tests and dread of math.

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 1/13/2017 19:06:51 >
DF  Post #: 392
1/14/2017 7:05:48   
XeNON_54

Separate calculations for physical and magical damage(staffs should add +magic dmg and swords/axes/hammers should only give physical dmg unless it's enchanted/haunted/magical or whatever else you could think of)

Dual Wielding

Shields in offhand

Magic Books that add +Magic Attack and is equipped in the offhand

The NPC Armor/Set from Bonecliff Gravedigger as either a craftable item or a drop from some boss or something (I really like his set)
Post #: 393
1/14/2017 12:53:39   
Partial

I second this; I'm not exactly sure if I see this happening. Enchantments with abilities were never used in any AE game, as far as my knowledge. It would be to much like Skyrim. As for the specific Magic damage and physical, it sounds like a really good idea as it adds unique stats to each class, which is desperately needed to improve on.

If it's supposed to be Adventure Quest in 3D, which it is. Then they're definitely going to expand on the damages. Doing increased damage on say, a 'firezard', with for instance 'rain boots'. It was a huge part of AQ.
Post #: 394
1/14/2017 13:55:57   
Vypie

Its not 'Adventure Quest' in 3D. Its a new game, it just uses the same/similar lore and world. Because its an RPG, you will see all sorts of similar mechanics, stats, etc.
It doesn't HAVE to be the same, and I would like them to add fresh, new things. :)

There's a big problem with Elemental damage & other damage type variants, and I will try to explain why it is a bad game design.

Elemental damage is just a cheap way to add variety, and most games today learned from old mistakes.
It doesn't add anything new to the gameplay, no depth to the combat, and doesn't change the way you play. It only makes certain enemies harder to beat if you don't have a specific elemental armor, but when you do, it becomes too easy.
These elemental specific items would suck, for the most part. But for certain enemies, you would have to farm entire sets of items to stand a chance. A set for water, another for fire, lightning, etc.
The combat stops being about about your skill, class or abilities, and it ends up just being about how high your Elemental stats are.

Of course, we could make the elemental damage/resistances not make that much of a difference, but then if its not required to win, why would someone even bother farming those extra items that will be of no use anywhere else?
Its a waste of time to create those items for a game, if they wont offer any real differences, and would clutter all of your inventory/bank.

Now about Physical damage + Magical damage:
Its not as bad, but end ups doing just the same. Being a game that enables you to change class at any time, having to have to change to different sets of armor every times you want to swap, it becomes a hassle.
It requires you to farm twice as more, to get upgrades to both magical classes and physical classes. This discourages you to swap to another class because you might not have the "correct" gear.
The way it is now, all items can be useful to ALL classes, and that is GREAT! :)
It is much, much better to have different stats, but where all of them can be useful. Even if a certain class might benefit more from 'Crit' stat, or another from 'Defense'. They are all stats that can benefit you, even if you don't consider them the best for your gameplay of choice.

Rather than having 'damage' stats that are useless to certain classes (which doesn't add variety, only limitations), you could have different ways to increase your overall damage.
'Attack' and 'Crit' are already offensively oriented stats, but you could also add a stat like 'attack speed', which would increase the frequency of auto-attacks. This is a different way to increase damage, useful to any class, but depending on the skills/mechanics of a class, that class might benefit more or less from it.

A stat like 'damage reflection' could be used with any class, even if ranged classes would sometimes benefit less from it, because they tend to avoid damage most of the time.
Or 'leech', making you gain health from a portion of your damage dealt. Any class can use this, but its more beneficial if your are the one taking damage.
You see? all stats CAN be used. None are excluded from any class, even if not all stats will be useful all the time. And these stats can change your strategy a bit, and enhance your preferred gameplay.
Now, you might still want different sets of equipment, but then its because of gameplay choices, and not a stat limitation.
Epic  Post #: 395
1/18/2017 3:35:41   
Amethystlock

^*agreement explosion*^

Theme: Momentum

An instance of momentum to get the protagonist out of mortal harm -
ex: judging by how aware an enemy is of your presence, if you are going offensive:

*you decide if hitting up-close and directly is worth the risk, especially with parkour on the environment where you strategically choose the time and place for your fast-paced adjusting-to-the-environment running and jumping, mid-air twists and turns and coils, just so monsters have almost no time to see and react and hack at you, before you get close enough to get them in a throwdown; or far enough to attack from range, turning corners so fast monsters are barely able to know you're there before it's too late. the flow of your momentum against the worlds' and choosing your moments keeps you alive.

if we tried to do parkour in a place where we can run and jump on multi-leveled grounds, the monsters would lose interest in you and regenerate their health and run away if we're not on their level in some cases, so we tend to get back into getting up close to trading hits, warrior-spinning mobs for their low cool-downs till they all go away. I think mages could really benefit from AoE cast from a distance to monsters, provided enemies don't easily lost interest in front of you if they don't agree with the environment multi-levels.

*use the close-quarters fights to your acrobatic advantage; leave monsters no room for drawing back their arm in preparation for a harsh weapon swing, which for game mechanics can mean slowing their attack speed or interrupting with rapid succession attacks. if we can't disarm the monster with the right grab momentums at their arms/weapons/weak-points during their early/nonexistent stages of momentum buildup, we can interrupt their anywhere-between-small-to-massive momentum buildup with a rapid succession of fisticuffs or weighty weapon swings of forceful offensive while they stagger back. when a monster can seemingly out of nowhere interrupt your attacks if you misread their composure or attacked too late or got disturbed and distracted by others after the first stun of quick succession "combos", you need be or careful or you could be trapped. imagine getting a dangerous-forceful-monster-that-likes-to-trap-your-movements-if-you-attack-when-and-where-they-expect to almost breaking point but then it grabs your arm and you're wide open with limited options. you get rekted man.

to be continued: rolling and sliding when they suddenly see you as you get close but not close enough for you to attack and they could easily shoot you down where you stand.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 396
1/18/2017 19:05:54   
Aidok

I have a few suggestions that I see have already been added but I think they would be important features.

A grouping system, Im frustrated that I cant play with my friends when I log on because we both spawn continuously on random maps that have different populations. This is especially annoying when I want to run with my buddy through some dungeons but we spawn in different ones and end up not playing with eachother. Really kills the whole friendly/social aspect of the game if you cant even play with ppl you downloaded the game with.

The looting system needs to be updated, many times Ill run a dungeon and miss out on mob kills and therefore gold and xp bc they are running towards packs further into the dungeon while Im stuck behind picking up loot. If we could just get an area pull of all loot, or an auto loot system that would be fantastic, then I wouldnt have to stop mid combat or after each mob death to attempt clicking on the tiny bags as a mobile player.

Skill system/Class progression
I understand this is only beta, but Im deeply concerned that this will be the only skill set we get. I havent been able to find anything stating deeper skill trees, customizable stats, or each class having its own assosiated level. I believe this would add a layer of depth sorely needed for the game, so it doesnt feel like a single layer vanity game with no actual content.

Thank you for doing a great job making the game look and feel grea so far. Please keep up the nice work

< Message edited by Aidok -- 1/18/2017 19:06:41 >
Post #: 397
1/19/2017 13:41:29   
LambO

Will there be a way in the future for the left mouse click being able to move us around?
You know, click 1 spot on the map and your characters starts running.

Also, it would be good if you can use the mouse arrow when you're over on the left of the screen, & it will turn the camera left ways vise versa with right, up and down.

Signature removed. Please do not use your signature in this thread, as per the thread rules. ~Rickyb20

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 1/19/2017 13:45:23 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 398
1/19/2017 14:20:00   
Vypie

@Aidok
Two of the features you asked about were mentioned in these design notes, where they talk about the next planned features:
http://www.aq3d.com/news/features/

Hopefully, with the party system they are working on, the map problem will be gone, and perhaps they might include a loot system for groups too.
As for the mentioned "Class Tree System",they might be planning something like a skill tree.

@LambO
That could be useful. I would put that option on the RIGHT mouse click, though. Keep the left mouse button to only select characters or interact with stuff, so you don't move by accident.
Epic  Post #: 399
1/20/2017 15:07:49   
Roaros

I really really really hate that method of movement. Its one of the main reason I didnt continue to play DOTA years and years ago.
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Suggestions Thread and Rules
Page 16 of 27«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition