Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Void Wars Boss Fight

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Void Wars Boss Fight
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2015 17:59:55   
  Kiyone

Its official the Boss Fight is done With Nulgath's Shadow defeating Voice of Fate in 2-1 series. So the Void Wars are official over!

So I want to thank everyone who participate and observed. We couldn't have done this without all of you. I want to thank our Tournament Winner Voice of Fate for doing an awesome job and being a great sport in this event. You did an awesome job in the Boss Fight!

With that will be working hard on the tournament ending design notes and making sure people get their prizes.

For those who want to watch the boss fight.

http://www.twitch.tv/kiyone_ae/profile

The videos are up their. We had bit of trouble with the stream so its in parts and I'll get better descriptions on those when I have the time.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/19/2015 18:03:09   
DarkBlazer49

Great job Kiyone, and as for dragon, I get to call myself Void Dragon Master (unofficially) and it will affect the story. GT and I have a speculation as to how but we shall see.
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
12/19/2015 18:21:24   
DarkLore

*Blinks* YOU FOOL! You lost! Who knows what will become of the Overworld now?! *Slithers back to hideout.*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/19/2015 23:43:57   
The Finnish Phoenix

Kiyone played very well, I'm surprised just how powerful pure Shadow characters could be with well-timed Marks of Death. Congratulations to Voice and Kiyone!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
12/20/2015 1:23:38   
The Jop

Hey, I watched the part of the stream where Kiyone says "Regardless you did an awesome jop!"

It makes me feel all warm inside to have my name used in a pun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/20/2015 2:12:38   
megakyle777

I guess this means nothng changes. It's not like Nulgath's gonna come back to gloat about his victory anytime soon, so any plot pretty much becomes "Muhaahhha None can stop Nulgath now to do absolutly nothing with the story since I'm not here anymore!"

Oh well, good job Voice of Fate. You fought with honor and evil. but it was not enough.
DF  Post #: 31
12/20/2015 9:37:50   
Gorillo Titan

I'm irritated by the fact that voice had a good chance of winning the 2nd duel till it glitched out.
Post #: 32
12/20/2015 10:45:30   
DarkBlazer49

@TFP, of course dark is a powerful element. Nobody had actually tried so many DoT's because of being able to be countered with Iron Hides. It paid off for Kiyone and my strategy was quite poor the second day.

@GT, you are totally right. I had a good chance the second one. The dc's killed my hot streak, but all's well that ends well. Now I must train once again. With or without prizes, I must fight for the honor and glory as everyone had all along. I suppose chaos shall be next. There is actually nothing wrong with doing it as soon as cc comes out for it or if not then as a 2 Drakath tourney. This would make it more about gameplay and cc choices than about character choice but other tourneys I am guessing generally have few characters anyways. Or since we have characters banned such as seraphim, arcane ranger, we could either make a banned-only tourney or a all-monster tourney.

Some story will change and I do not think the game was riding on my victory. I believe that if the coders and artists have time they would put the time into this and if they didn't nothing would change anyways. On the bright side 242k on AQ3D! Thanks everyone for the support. Stick around for the next one. Long live Oversoul and Merry Christmas.

Actually we didn't listen to Kiyone's ending. Was there important story left or do you think anything will happen now?

< Message edited by DarkBlazer49 -- 12/20/2015 10:48:26 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 33
12/20/2015 11:11:16   
DarkLore

Story or no story... I am the ruler of the Overworld! That pathetic archfiend is gone either way! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Very good try on your part though VoF. I figured even Nulgath's Shadow wouldn't play fair with that glitched round issue. That shadow should have given you the benefit of the doubt and redone the match. I may be evil. But that kind of treachery is even beneath me! VoT... You've earned my respect! Join me in Solace-1 for a late almost-victory party! All of you are welcome to join as well! REJOICE!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/20/2015 12:14:25   
DarkBlazer49

No don't get me wrong. Kiyone didn't count the disconnects. It's just after those two games, she( again still guessing) came up with a new strategy and I lost them. She still came up with a better strategy and won fair and square. Just looking back at how close I came. I would challenge you for second in command at this almost-victory party.
AQ AQW  Post #: 35
12/20/2015 12:42:13   
DarkLore

AND STAY DOWN! That was too close!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/20/2015 12:55:52   
DarkBlazer49

You realize that was not the boss fight (screenshot thread) and I only put 2 pierces on in case you played reflection. I have yet to face you with new cc's
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
12/20/2015 14:41:37   
DarkLore

I know. Just for fun. LOL!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/21/2015 9:31:31   
The Jop

Anyone else want some of the 12 SGs? Darklore mentioned he would want some and I really only need one. I want to spread some joy, plus there's no real reason I should get the second place winnings. There were other free players who got far in the tournament, so if anyone could use a few soul gems just let me know and I'll talk to Kiyone before Warlic updates the game.

(I'd like to give something back to Voice of Fate as well. I know he might not need a few soul gems but he's responsible for going this far in the tournament and being generous enough to give out his winnings. It's up to him really.)

@Bionic Bear
Thanks, but they really aren't mine anyway.
I'm happy to give them to anyone, whether or not they're a free player. So if anyone wants some before Warlic adds the statue and SGs please let me know.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 12/21/2015 11:45:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/21/2015 10:59:02   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

Wow Jop! That's awfully nice of you!
I can't say I'm a free player, so I don't really want any. It's nice to see some of the holiday cheer being spread.
Post #: 40
12/21/2015 18:59:27   
DarkBlazer49

@Jop, great attitude. You can give them to anyone if Warlic says so, but I just wanted to make sure that they would go to someone who would stick with the game and appreciate them. I didn't want it too complicated for him. Although you don't think you need more it never hurts to have more for say neutral or chaos packs. Plus this pales to Elite Tuga's original idea to giving 100%. If he had won, I'd be left with 12. (Plus we must prepare the rebellion) If fate is with us, perhaps Warlic will update for Christmas.

@DarkLore, if you receive your wish and have the power to overtake Nulgath, I better be number two still until...
and I expect the rest of you to be training for the next war, whether in this game or AQ3D. I am already saving up for kickstarters.

< Message edited by DarkBlazer49 -- 12/21/2015 20:44:50 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 41
12/21/2015 19:28:39   
DarkLore

I PMed Jop earlier today. But no response yet. I asked him if he could tell Warlic to add 10 of the SG's to my account. I know that may sound a tad greedy, but I've had my eye on a Grimlord for a while. Plus I heard a while back they'd be going rare eventually. I don't have money I can spend this month. Food/bills come first.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/21/2015 20:13:43   
The Jop

@DarkLore
Sorry I missed your PM. I'm okay with giving Darklore 10 SGs but that means there's really only one SG left if anyone else wants something.

@Darkblazer
Thanks, it's all because of your original generosity.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 12/21/2015 20:14:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/21/2015 20:44:30   
DarkLore

Despite Jop being okay with this, I apologize again in advance if I came off as greedy to anyone else who wanted the SG's. I've caught everything that is catchable in game. (Hard to believe... huh?) Does anyone even know when Grimlord was being removed? The irony is I think I read the birthday shop was being removed once Warlic rolls out the next release. I could be wrong though...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/21/2015 20:48:13   
DarkBlazer49

DarkLore, if Warlic is okay with this gifting, then if you win another you can give back next tourney perhaps the dark one...

Edit: As I understand Kiyone has to talk to Miritha and one of them to Warlic. Kiyone thought it was fine for The Jop but again I was keeping it as simple as possible. It shouldn't be too difficult though you just go to account and add 2 and 10. If they are very focused on AQ3D which would promote more income, we may have to wait till June but more time for Grimlord.

< Message edited by DarkBlazer49 -- 12/21/2015 20:58:15 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 45
12/21/2015 20:51:11   
DarkLore

Have any of you even contacted Warlic about all this? The last time he logged in was two days ago.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/21/2015 23:28:26   
  Kiyone

Lets begin on this. Original, Elite Tuga wanting to give any potential soul gems he won to another player. While noble, it still seem odd from staff perspective on motivation to participate in the tournament. Since the tournament 1st place and boss fight. Half of those prizes were soul gems. Eleminated half the motivation for a player. Then if he got tournament second place or losses the boss fight. He would be passing his reward to another player with no compensation.

Then we have Voice of Fate doing something similar. By giving up the rewards he earn during the boss fight to another player. Playing the martyr card aswell. Making the boss fight concept seem not worth it for us to do for you guys. If your just going to give away what you earn for doing it.

Then we have The Jop, who wants to give what another player gave him minus one to two different players. What...

Then you have Darlore getting in on this. Making this prize a weird game of telephone and now he wants to share the prize aswell. Sigh...

Here's the deal, the soul gems prizes for the boss fight and the tournament. Where meant for the players who won them. As the prize they earn for winning or getting to certain point in the event. It was not meant as gift to give who ever you want and not meant a community type prize to share with whoever wants to be include.

So by the sound of all this. I take it you guys don't care for the soul gems prizes since you either don't want them or more then willing to give them away. Ok this will be big consideration for future tournament prizes since soul gems don't seem to be the way to go. Also it seems no one wants/care for the boss fight rewards if the player lost. I'm going to have to discuss things with Mritha before Warlic rewards the 12 soul gems. Since at this point I don't know who to have Warlic give them to. Since theirs appears to be no demand for them. So were going to review this and figure it out.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/21/2015 23:42:53   
DarkLore

While I'm not demanding them... I did want 10 of them for a Grimlord... Seems nobody else really wants them except for The Jop who needs just one to catch Time Apprentice from what I recall. I was merely asking since VoF and Jop were offering. So I wasn't being greedy. Was I?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/22/2015 0:34:24   
Voltaggia 1551

Now this is a problem. From what I can see, there are 2 major issues:
1. Only the finalists received a reward: This is very understandable but it disregards the players who put in a large amount of effort to get to the positions they were in.
2. Out of goodwill, Voice of Fate decided to share the winnings from the boss fight: This is strange from the perspectives of staff as not only would it be unfair to certain players who would not receive them (such as people NOT part of the forum community), but it also destroys the concept of "reward management" (if you want to call it that).

Perhaps a way to fix this is to reward ALL the participants (as stupid as this may seem) according to the round they reached. (e.g. Round 1: 5SG's, Round 2: 10SG's etc.) However, this would also mean that the original prizes for the finalist need to be increased.

< Message edited by Voltaggia 1551 -- 12/22/2015 4:14:15 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 49
12/22/2015 4:43:58   
The Jop

Don't get me wrong, I want the one soul gem for Time Apprentice, I just don't know why I deserve the 12 SGs more than anyone else so I was trying to share.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Void Wars Boss Fight
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition