Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 18 of 18«<1415161718
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2018 12:10:09   
dragon_monster

quote:

Nostalgia trip...anyone else remember when they put SoulWeaver out for testing and you could just one-shot everything with Repentance? Good times...

Wait what everything like bosses also? Now granted there where an small number of bosses and all kinda as strong as mobs are now back then but lets say could it one shot whatever the strongest boss was back then which was that werewolf guy if you fought him without an silver weapon.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 426
4/12/2018 12:19:04   
BluuHorseOfficial

I used to love Repentance, I swear, best move there was. However, now SoulWeaver almost needs Banishment to deal 400% Damage, because now the only way people see it do damage is... well... BaltySynch. But it could only be for Baltael’s Aventail, because a 30% PowerBoost for 99 turns from SoulSynch (except Purge or using it again) it would devastate opponents...

Anyway, I really hope people begin to see the Pyro for what it actually is...
DF  Post #: 427
4/13/2018 8:50:52   
Santient

I'm currently building an alt and considering getting one of the DC armour in the Cysero's shop; unfortunately It only has an adequate amount of DC for one armour.
I use calendar classes, Riftwalker & Soulweaver on a daily basis for my main, so Im not quite familiar with either DC classes in the shop; except Pyromancer.
Currently considering either IBR & AnExo, any advice?

Post-scriptum:
My alt is still in her 20's and a rogue based, so it perches quite comfortably with Cryptic & Ranger;
albeit it's mana consumption isn't quite sustainable in long quest when it comes to Cryptic.

< Message edited by Santient -- 4/13/2018 8:56:16 >
Post #: 428
4/13/2018 9:02:43   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^DC classes aren't really sustainable until level 40 and beyond, even their shop description says so. But as a matter of fact I had the same question two days ago. The thread is here. Maybe some of the discussion in it provides helpful to you.
Post #: 429
4/13/2018 9:14:15   
Shiny_Underpants

If you invest in high WIS (I generally use 100), you can use classes like Deathknight at low levels without issue. Pyromancer, at least, has low enough mana costs to be playable this way. My level 25's old stat build (100 WIS) could also play Ascended Chickencow, though not as well as Ascendent (and in this case I'd recommend merging for ACC, of course).

Pirate's backstab is another case of a damage reflection skill. I remember using it to see if it could reflect Sciuridaehotep's own damage reflection skill (the one triggered by stuns).
Post #: 430
4/13/2018 9:21:36   
Santient

@Rafic

Yes, I'm quite aware of that; but contrary to the suggestion it has Pyromancer is quite compatible to low lvl accounts, in long quest with tough monsters particularly.
It's such a formidable class that belongs to a few classes that offer sustainability even at low levels, it's the only class that I could use to defeat dr.When and a few other tough bosses,
for lower level as such.
Well, at least it works for my other account that's still in it's mid 20s.

I find your thread quite helpful, but didn't quite accommodate my question.
It's content is more focused on debating about Pyromancer.
Nonetheless, helpful; in terms of references that is.

< Message edited by Santient -- 4/13/2018 9:32:58 >
Post #: 431
4/13/2018 9:32:34   
BluuHorseOfficial

@Shiny, Ah, but Backstab’s description even says that it reflects damage, while Pyro’s Magma Bubble doesn’t...
DF  Post #: 432
4/13/2018 9:41:39   
Shiny_Underpants

Indeed it does.
A number of skills don't actually describe what effects they have, or describe them incorrectly. The Soulweaver armour is especially notorious in that regard; while Ascendant has some effects listed that aren't applied (if a skill claims to have two effects, and one is a boost effect, the boost will not be applied). Ascendant is a perfectly well balanced class as it is, but the descriptions caused quite a bit of confusion with some of my strategies for the challenges.

@Santiant
I agree, having looked at the mana costs for IBR and Pyro, the DC classes are perfectly usable for low level players (especially Pyro with its defensive abilities).
Post #: 433
4/13/2018 11:20:56   
BluuHorseOfficial

Well, it would be hard to fit in all the effects in one single white... due to lack of a better geometrical shape that doesn’t sound like something in the Periodic Table, thing. And yeah, enTropy’s Plague is also a seed for the trees of confusion as it kinda doesn’t even make sense, let alone explain what the move does.
DF  Post #: 434
4/13/2018 11:23:59   
Arcturus96

quote:

quote:

Nostalgia trip...anyone else remember when they put SoulWeaver out for testing and you could just one-shot everything with Repentance? Good times...

Wait what everything like bosses also? Now granted there where an small number of bosses and all kinda as strong as mobs are now back then but lets say could it one shot whatever the strongest boss was back then which was that werewolf guy if you fought him without an silver weapon.

Yep. All those years ago when SoulWeaver was being tested, Repentance was so unbalanced you could either one-or-two shot any mob or boss. It was hilarious.
Post #: 435
4/13/2018 23:44:17   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

while Ascendant has some effects listed that aren't applied (if a skill claims to have two effects, and one is a boost effect, the boost will not be applied)

You're just misunderstanding them; if those were all meant to be Boost buffs, the class would be ridiculously broken, considering it's already the top class for sustained damage outside of DmK V1. Plus, the terminology doesn't match with the actual buffs either; those are more specific, saying "+30% damage for 5 rounds" for example (or less specific, like "buff self" from The Hammer). What those skills actually mean is that the skill itself does "+X%" damage, so "+25% damage" means the skill does 125% base damage. Which is admittedly confusing if you don't know what they do already, but not technically incorrect.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 4/13/2018 23:45:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 436
5/26/2018 12:59:39   
BluuHorseOfficial

^Well, except for the enTropy’s Plague skill, which, to date, is still a half-mystery to me. I think of it as if a stronger move at higher HP...
DF  Post #: 437
5/26/2018 13:14:00   
Shiny_Underpants

@Sakurai
Like I said, I agree with you about its balance. I worked out what Ascendant's labeling meant when I used it for Crawler+Centaur on my tertiary, however I clearly haven't used the class frequently enough to remember since...
The Atealan classes seem more inclined to be mislabeled in some of their skills, since the skill descriptions appear to be taken straight from the base classes; such as Riftwalker's Power skill, labeled as
quote:

+75% damage
despite being four hits of 110%.

Edit: pressed 'send' instead of 'preview'...

< Message edited by Shiny_Underpants -- 5/26/2018 13:21:40 >
Post #: 438
5/26/2018 13:45:27   
BluuHorseOfficial

Hence it should technically say +340% damage or so...
DF  Post #: 439
11/20/2019 14:28:35   
SSJCargo

Hopefully this works and you people can see the image/link I want them to. and hopefully this was an okay forum to ask this. Anyway, my question is what is the katana and glowing black hand that the chaos weaver on the right has? Thank you in advanced!

https://cms.dragonfable.com/df/images/CHAOSWEAVERLIVEdn.png

Image tag removed. Please avoid posting images in the forums, use the link feature instead.

Additionally, please ask questions in the Question & Answer forum in the future.

For more information, please check your board rules using the Forum-Specific Rules & Complete Forum Index. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 11/20/2019 17:42:59 >
Post #: 440
11/20/2019 14:46:40   
Bamzalot

That weapon is the Swamp Katana. You can get it from Laesa Forn in Sulen'Eska for DCs. The glowing green claw is one of the Chaosweaver's spirit looms. Like the Soulweaver, the spirit loom changes color and shape depending on what element your weapon is. When equipped with a poison weapon (Swamp Katana) they get that giant fist.
Post #: 441
12/10/2019 17:42:31   
MaligKnight

So I got epoch last night from the 2018 calendar, and while i've heard good things about this class I don't really have much more than a basic understanding of how this class works at all. I only have the eternal locket artifact for the class as well.
DF AQW  Post #: 442
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 18 of 18«<1415161718
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition