Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 8 of 18«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/24/2016 13:10:47   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Ah, well, I left the crit chance and stuff. I'm too lazy to calculate optimal damage-per-turn (especially since you can't really loop it), but I figure it would be to use Illusionary Veil, followed by Throw, Rapid, Mind Crush, then Throw. Backstab is better to finish off an enemy instead of Mind Crush, but otherwise is a bit worse. Alternatively, you could use Throw before Illusionary Veil, so your new rotation would be Veil - Rapid - Throw - Mind Crush - Rapid for the additional 75% damage.

Oh, and I'd also like to add that because of my 200 Luk, there's an additional 10% crit chance. So base is 45%, 5 stacks of Paranoia is an additional 25% for 70% total, and the non-loopable Illusionary Veil makes it 100%.
DF  Post #: 176
6/24/2016 14:46:19   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

But I have one clarification to make. Your 500 calculation does not take into account player stats. If you were to actually go and test it with 200 int, the damage would be much higher!

Well, you didn't mention your stats so it's rather hard to do a proper comparison. ;)

With my stats of 260 Int and 220 Luk, it's actually an average of 766 per turn including 45% crit chance. But this is why when comparing classes we deal with percentages rather than the flat damage numbers which will vary from player to player. Ascendant does roughly 400% per turn, the ChronoZ combo you mentioned does 325% while benefiting very little from crit since 250% of that is a guaranteed crit anyway (sidenote: Bow - Stab - Blast does more average damage [~383.33%], benefits more from Crit and gives a +30 Crit buff, though obviously you have to sacrifice the Dimensional Rift Combo to make use of that).

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 6/24/2016 15:01:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
8/8/2016 7:46:43   
LigerBeard

I actually thought of something that could be interesting:

What if we had a class that specialized in buffing and healing our pets or guests?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
8/8/2016 7:56:15   
doomtown

Chronocorruptor/Chronomancer should perhaps get a boost, it's quite weak as they are now, compared to TimeKiller and Chronoz.
Post #: 179
8/8/2016 11:44:52   
pitties

Agreed sounds like a good idea to bring them up to tier 3 standards, because they were designed before ash came up with his tier system. Even if the difference isn't big, it would be good to have it fit the tier system. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon considering how small the DF team is nowadays.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
8/8/2016 20:15:17   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

They have already been buffed to be in line with the other T3 classes.
DF  Post #: 181
8/8/2016 23:54:38   
fxmybrute13

quote:

so now you can pull aggro off that healer that’s about to die!
- From the new design notes

Laughs uncontrollably with Stonecrusher
DF AQW  Post #: 182
8/9/2016 0:09:45   
TheFarReach

Uh, fxmy, wrong sub forum.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
8/10/2016 10:40:39   
Caesaris
Void Walker

If someone could give me a tip for a pretty decent Ranger class build, I'd love it. =)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 184
9/6/2016 21:37:12   
TheFarReach

Is anyone else having trouble with the new Shadow Rogue? When I try to equip it, it gives me a screen that says Error Loading: Armor. I've already submitted a bug report a couple of days ago, but I was wondering if it only happened to me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
9/6/2016 22:51:42   
DJ9K

@Epic Durian: Cryptic's passive is a bit buggy... you can't really hit 100% with it. I've tried... Looks like it's capping off somewhere between 80 and 90, or either the passive or LUK aren't working properly.

Cryptic's Optimal burst damage is Throw - Rapid - Illusionary Veil - Throw - Rapid - Backstab - Throw - Rapid. If the enemy is by some unforeseen circumstance still alive take a decision on their HP. Less than 1/2 Mental(final) - Throw - Rapid. More than 1/2 go for defense: Illusion(Not veil) - Torture(Blind) - Mind Crush - Rapid - Veil - Throw - Rapid - Cage(if stunnable, if not use Potion(steal if not necessary, 1 of 2 sure-fire potions if needed) - Throw - Rapid... Enemy SHOULD be close enough to defeat to finish.

@Guga Carvalho: What kind of Weapons are you using?

< Message edited by DJ9K -- 9/6/2016 22:58:07 >
Post #: 186
9/6/2016 23:13:00   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

I would use Mind Crush instead of Backstab if I had Stan the ScanOrb, which I always do because of my 0 CHA build. Illusionary Veil's crit chance buff only affects the next 3 attacks while the shield affects the next 4 turns, so even if it was giving Boost instead of crit chance, you lose out on damage as opposed to using another attack skill. At any rate, since the passive is bugged, there's not much of a reason to not use Mental Assassination as soon as you build up 5 stacks of Paranoia.

I'm pretty sure it's the passive that's bugged, not LUK, because I'm getting more crits than my stats panel would suggest (stats lists 5% crit chance, got 18 crits over 96 hits with 200 LUK using ChickenCow). In that case, you should be reaching about 75-80% crit chance at most with Cryptic, which is actually less than ChronoCorruptor's +40% crit chance buff.
DF  Post #: 187
9/6/2016 23:21:15   
DJ9K

The difference between Crush and Backstab is one does all its damage right there, the other needs several more turns of it. That's why I said "burst" - if it's not for burst, you don't use Backstab. Its passive certainly works up to at least 3 stacks for sure, I'm well over 50% crit chance with 35% crit chance(0 luk) and full passive. I'm landing them around 70% of the time. I think it might just not go to 100, or LUK only gives like 7/8 Crit instead of 10.
Post #: 188
9/6/2016 23:27:10   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Well, at the point that you'd use Backstab, you could just use Mental Assassination for more, guaranteed damage. I guess you could also work in Mind Crush instead of Illusionary Veil? To be honest, I don't really like offensive rotations. I prefer staying safe and dodging everything with the insane defenses Cryptic has. That means that I don't mind the extra second or so it takes for Mind Crush's DoT to tick, but if you're farming or something it could be a bother.

If 200 LUK gave 8% crit instead of 10%, I doubt anyone could or would bother testing to check the difference. If anything, though, my tests would indicate that 200 LUK is giving MORE than 10% crit, but I don't think that claim could hold water.
DF  Post #: 189
9/7/2016 6:46:01   
HwarangxDxArcher

Which classes do you like? Why?
-I like Ranger and Rogue. Ranger is pretty awesome for non-DA combat-wise, and Rogue is pretty hot after the re-design(I'm talking about the female version of course :D)

Which classes don't you like? Why not?
-I don't like Ranger and Dragonslayer. I don't like Ranger(cutscene wise) because most of the time, Ranger is only standing in place, I'm not sure if this is just bugged or that was how it was supposed to be. I don't like Dragonslayer because it's only useful against dragon, and I never liked Galanoth in the first place :P

Where are the best places to use a particular class?
-Ranger is best used in any quest where the enemy has low damage, and also for boss fight. This is all due to Ranger's passive to move twice a turn, and also Ranger's abilities that guarantee critical for one full turn (worst case you will crit two times out of four attacks)

What new classes and related armors would you like to see in the future?
-I'm not sure since I don't have DA yet. Hopefully one day I'll be able to buy DA for this account. I would love to see more ranged class, like Ranger and TimeKiller, I think they're cool :D

DF Epic  Post #: 190
10/4/2016 16:54:19   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

So, I'm not really sure where Archivist stands in terms of overall power. It's really, REALLY good with Not-So-Tiny-Bubbles. Remember how FMA was nerfed to not have infinite blind? Archivist has that now thanks to Ultimate Orb Creation. With its multi-hit Attack, it's pretty good for triggering on-hit specials like Naturecast (the hit will be replaced by 110% damage, whether it would normally do 10% or 1000% damage) or the Blade of Awe. With both Wargoth's Wrath and Xan's Madness active, Attack will do 185% damage per turn, without factoring in things like Demento's Bane's 100% crit chance, Pirates Vs Ninjas's decent DoT, etc. Kathool's Madness does good damage by itself and also effectively halves cooldowns, and you can use it in conjunction with Ultimate Orb Creation to get like 8 free turns in the span of 4 regular turns. It can counter both high Bonus and high defense enemies. The former are still suspect to the almighty Orb, while the latter are nullified due to Ash's Glory.

The only downsides I see to Archivist are its poor farming abilities, its mediocre damage output per turn, high mana costs (partially nullified by the Blade of Awe), and the slow questing speed. If you're gonna fight a tough boss, you'll probably never use any skill besides Orb and Attack on regular mooks thanks to the cooldowns that carry over between battles.

I wonder how good Mirror Eye Trinket would work with Archivist? Orb effectively extends skill effects by 5 turns except for HoTs/DoTs, so that 25% boost would last for a lot longer than the usual 5 turns.
DF  Post #: 191
10/24/2016 16:25:40   
TheFarReach

So, does anyone have the HeroPoint Shadow Rogue? And can you use it? Because whenever I try, I get the Error Loading: Armor screen.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
10/24/2016 16:41:36   
dark garuda

@Durian - holy smokes, I had no idea about the Ruby Spike and Arnice Magica. That's so obscure... but so, unquestionably awesome.

I really want to try this out now. Especially with Ancient Exosuit (although I can imagine several classes where it'd be a very niiice pick-up, if only to show for certain attacks).

It's got a crap-ton of boosters, but down to the raw numbers on stuff like its stocking-filler attack, Laser...

13 hits of ~11%. As a rough average, 2 of those hits will be replaced by 110%ers every time you use it. That's beastly. +198% damage on the attack just from Naturecast. Damn!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
10/28/2016 15:59:33   
Yozefu

I really hope for Pyromancer's revamp someday... I mean it looks awsome in relation to when it was created, so imagine how amazing it would be with the contemporary skills of the stuff...
(Also, am I the only one that it bothers him that there's too much fire icons in the skills list? like please give me some diversification). If it will happen, that's a without a doubt a dream that came true
AQ DF  Post #: 194
10/28/2016 17:01:21   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@Yozefu: Pyromancer was released in Winter 2012. It's up to the current standards of 14.0.1, and won't be revamped any time soon, I'd daresay.
DF AQW  Post #: 195
10/28/2016 18:09:56   
Azan

Yozefu: What do you think Pyromancer lacks? I'm curious because it's my go-to class and, while not being as offensively powerful as some other Tier 3 classes, it's unkillable in, like, 99% of the game. It's one of the few things that can actually defeat Extreme Hard Crushinatrix and end the fight at full HP/MP.
Post #: 196
10/28/2016 19:15:58   
Yozefu

@David the Wanderer
Oh, thanks for letting me know, also that's a real money item so I understand it might be kind of a problem since the stuff will have to keep the old one.
I guess it can't be helped, oh my, oh my... It's a shame, the world might not be ready for such a thing like a revamp Pyromancer, it's too good to be true lol

@Azan The class is sure great! Also one of my favs... That's why I think it deserves better appearance, better animations. I'm not talking about the skills or something like that.
Even thorugh I would make 'Blaze Blue' an offensive attack (!!!), 'cause it suits the concept of the attack much more, like everytime I use that attack I imagine to myself a deadly attack.
AQ DF  Post #: 197
10/31/2016 2:01:33   
Skullkyopi

Does anybody else have problems with using Avatar of Time on long fights? I know the class's niche is it has incredible burst offence with some defensive options but suffers from long cooldowns, but I keep wondering if that weakness can be either 'controlled or bypassed' the same way with Ranger and Not-So-Tiny-Bubbles or its strengths 'enhanced' like with DoT classes with StanOrb. Or maybe there's a way to use its skills in a specific way in order to not have so many skills on cooldown?
DF MQ  Post #: 198
11/2/2016 11:30:58   
BraveSirRobin

I kind of wish that Evolved PumpkinLord could use it's healing and mp regeneration skills without using candy, so that I could heal more than one time a year. Without using potions. But otherwise it's still the same awesome class it has always been!
Post #: 199
11/2/2016 11:42:42   
Zeldax

@Above
You can, it just heals more when you have candy.
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =AK= All Classes Discussion Thread IX
Page 8 of 18«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition