Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Oaklore Tutorial Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Suggestions >> =AQW= Oaklore Tutorial Suggestions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2015 16:55:13   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

Oaklore Tutorial Suggestions Thread

Every Hero has to start somewhere... What changes would you like to see being made to the current prologue of AQWorlds? How can the game be made easier to understand for new players?

• Read the =AQW= Suggestions Forum Rules before posting.
  • No discussions allowed. Post comments or feedback in the =AQW= Player Suggestions Discussion Thread.
  • This will require existing players to play the prologue with the mindset of a new player.
  • Please do not suggest a whole new prologue. This thread is for suggestions on the current prologue.
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    1/6/2016 1:32:56   
    NinjaShicken

I think there should be a monster for players to kill to test a class and its skills. Like a pole with 50k health. That can hit you for 50% of your health in one hit but cant hit again until you are full health and it not drop any xp, class points, or gold
    AQW  Post #: 2
    4/22/2016 15:57:17   
    Shirifuari

i know! we could have an npc move around and do actions the player would normaly do! like a knight or another adventurer? you see an arrow that shows what they are clicking and see what they do from it!
    AQW  Post #: 3
    5/12/2016 7:03:18   
    Dethena

I think maybe a quick introduction to good evil ( and maybe a hint at chaos). I know the grand reveal of chaos and choosing good and evil is a little later on however you could have 2 girls/guys one from each faction taking turns at explaining what your doing ( evil for the attacking instructions, good for the inventory,movement etc instructions). Then at the end you could have the player fight a charupted version of the evil instructor. At the end the good guy saying " what was that!, I thought the bad guys were supposed to turn on you after you had completed the tutorial. They have no manners these days. We'll see ya hero also don't poke the purple stuff I've never seen it before and it doesn't look good." This would mean even if the player didn't start the main storyline straight away ( like me) he would vaguely no what the monster he might be fighting are.

For the villains armour how about.

Non chaos
    http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/spellsword-of-light
    Chaos
    http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/chaotic-spellsword-of-light

Maybe similar to how the class testing works on the test server. In the tutorial the four classes ( or more) could be chosen and ranked up to rank 10. This would mean new players will have full confidence in their class choice as they know their future move set and have compared it with the other classes moves sets. Hopefully this creates a more friendly and welcoming tutorial to people who don't quite know what role they want to play in aqw.

Posts merged. Please do not double post as it is considered spam. Use the edit button if you have anything else to add. ~john smith

< Message edited by Dethena -- 8/15/2016 7:39:22 >
    AQW  Post #: 4
    6/12/2016 18:14:47   
    Dancing Toby

There should be a fully color customizable armor where new players can learn about the armor customize button. Maybe bring back Cysero's Wedding Guest but give it a different name.
    AQW  Post #: 5
    6/14/2016 23:36:54   
    doomskuller

I still think an Evil tutorial would be great. Go through basic training aboard Shadowfall before being thrust into the Invasion on the Shadowscythe's side, fighting through waves of Pentagonal knights and mages. Give the choice upon first login.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    2/28/2017 15:48:26   
    Ert 6577

And 4 example.

BillyAQW chooses the Rogue as his starter.

Then he could join the tutorial, and a hologram-like version of the player (use the same thing as you did in 13th Lord of Chaos.) would: (one of these, AE choose)

- Fight another monster, but display buttons above his character so BillyAQW could see, when hologram uses "Viper's Kiss". It will introduce to the skill system.

- Fight BillyAQW, same display buttons as above.
    AQW  Post #: 7
    2/11/2018 16:47:23   
    Cruel Defender

Hello, since the Prologue revitalization will arrive soon I took the time to overwrite the Prologue. I am not sure if this counts as a new prologue because it's still the same. Or not. Since I can't post the entire thing in here, I will post the shortened link to the google docs file. The prologue I wrote is not detailed but all the important stuff is written down.

Here's the link: goo.gl/M6ts7g
    Here's also the un-shortened link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EYtzAFH-ml7bPiyQhsliw3y4oWapui-KDqxODdYyTSc
    Post #: 8
    2/28/2018 20:39:10   
    Martin901

Greeting to all.

Because they better not create a standard class called ''Adventurer'', this class would have all its balanced stats and after a while in the tutorial they will tell how to change classes choosing one of the 4 available classes: Warrior, Wizard, Healer and Rogue .

With this I would give it a little more epic start because it would be like '' choose one of these 4 classes because the one you choose is the one that will give you a path full of many possibilities ''

Notes:
  • The class can not be eliminated since it is like being the standard class
  • Does not consume space in inventory
  • Can not be put in the bank

< Message edited by Martin901 -- 3/9/2018 19:07:42 >
  • AQW  Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Suggestions >> =AQW= Oaklore Tutorial Suggestions
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition