Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Life (Dis)Accomplishments Thread #34

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Community] >> The OOC Room >> RE: Life (Dis)Accomplishments Thread #34
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2017 2:45:42   
Superemo
Constructive!

ACC: Apparently, I've been recommended for a management position at work. I'm saying "apparently" because the GM of the store I'm at and a sales manager at the store I worked at previously have both outright told me that I should put in for a management position if one opens up.
???: I don't know if that means one will be opening up in the foreseeable future. I'm honestly not sure if one opening up would be good news or not, either. I'm on good terms with all the current sales/food managers, so I'd rather not see any of them lose their position (unless one of them steps down on their own, that is), and I'm not sure we're a large enough store to warrant four sales/food managers in addition to the GM. Lastly, I know for a fact that there's someone there better qualified for a management position than I am. Unless there's some underlying factor disqualifying him from the job, I'd rather see it go to him.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
3/11/2017 18:09:39   
Digital X
Legendary AK!!!

DIS: Preordered a GTX 1080ti as the image shown was the graphics card with a custom cooler, it was in fact a reference design..
ACC: One of the staff members said those that pre ordered the card (at a cost of 689) would recieve the ACTUAL product shown (costing 760) for FREE, so a big upgrade and big grin :)
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/25/2017 15:08:36   
SonicTbear

ACC: Switched to AT&T.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
4/18/2017 15:50:50   
Digital X
Legendary AK!!!

ACC: Won a copy of DiRT 4 for PC from Gamesplanet's Spring Sale Contest!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
4/21/2017 0:55:47   
Superemo
Constructive!

ACC: Effectively cemented a manager position. It'll be for overnights, which works by me. Apparently, we've needed a manager for overnights for a while, but didn't have the position open for it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
4/22/2017 8:00:28   
Digital X
Legendary AK!!!

ACC: 1080ti arrived and installed, running cooler than my old 980ti, win win!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
5/20/2017 16:53:14   
Superemo
Constructive!

ACC: Got a FiiO X5 gen 3.
ACC: The sound quality on this thing is insane.
ACC: Apparently, it also doubles as an Android tablet, complete with wi-fi and Bluetooth compatibility.
ACC: The only complaint I have with it is that one of the two cases it came with covers the edges of the screen.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
5/22/2017 13:13:29   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

ACC: Got out of a really negative relationship that lasted far too long.
ACC: Got a great summer job worked out that should hold me over for a while next school year.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
5/29/2017 11:01:43   
Digital X
Legendary AK!!!

ACC: Found a buyer for my old GTX 980ti, 200 which is.. alright, best I'm gonna get now it's 2 years old.
DIS: Gotta post it to Northern Ireland, I am in England. Could be pricey.

Edit:

ACC: Buyer has the card, was pleased by how it was packaged and all is well.
ACC: Finally managed after months to get a blood test to find out what on earth is going on my health this past 6 months.
DIS: Even at my age I am petrified of needles, but it had to be done.

DIS: Constant nausea, dizzyness/light headed and digestive issues for 6 months. Constant.

This is not fun and the blood test is my last hope now.

Update:

ACC: Got results, after 6 months + today.. It is my kidneys. Just need more leafy greens, more vitamins and more water. Basically am poisoning myself atm.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 6/12/2017 14:47:58 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/12/2017 22:34:53   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

DIS: Lost another cat. First died in November suddenly. Goodbye, Slava.
AQ  Post #: 60
6/17/2017 10:12:49   
10inchesjedi

Feeling Digital X's pain. Not my kidneys, but a few years ago, my lungs were in such a poor state that I could barely run for a minute. Getting fat didn't help either. All better now though, and not fat.

Dis:
I like coming back here once in a while. I joined the forum ten years ago, I was 14. I spent most of my adolescence here to be honest. The people here helped me through some tough times. Made some good friends that I don't talk to as much as I did before. Coming here reminds me how far I've come in life since I joined. Finishing middle school, getting through high school and having some of the best time of my life, dating the girl that I cried and posted so much about in the previous generations of this thread. Breaking up with her. Finding new love. Losing said love. College. Graduating with a Physics BSc. I can't remember his username, but there was someone here that was an important factor on that choice.
Now I'm finishing my MSc. Going to turn in my thesis in September. Nanorobotics for cancer treatment.
Just writing this post makes me remember everything that I had, that I lost and that I want to achieve.

Still... Every time I come back, I notice that the forum is... Dead. That saddens me more than it should.

Had good times here. Awesome times. The Battle Royale threads. A new thread every minute. Meet the Archknight. And so much more... In retrospective, the internet made me meet some awesome people. Mainly forums.

But online forums are dying and I can't help but feel that a part of my adolescence dies with them.

Enough with the rant, thanks for reading.
DF  Post #: 61
7/8/2017 9:31:26   
Digital X
Legendary AK!!!

ACC: Finally found a PAL copy of Vib Ribbon for PS1, at 25.
DIS: My PS1 game shelf is full at only 72 games..
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
7/13/2017 10:33:20   
Iriad

@10inchesjedi I feel you. Had some of the best times on AE in general and it was always my break from reality when I needed it most. Sad to see fantastic people come and go here and yet you can't just let go of this place and all the memories here.

ACC: Military discharge in the earlier part of this year after what felt like an eternity
ACC: Looking forward to starting university in less than 2 months in a different country
DIS: Probably won't have much of a life once term starts.

AQ AQW  Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Community] >> The OOC Room >> RE: Life (Dis)Accomplishments Thread #34
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition