Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Unique?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Unique?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2016 15:58:09   
The berserker killer

Every unique aspect between these classes has been taken away and that destroys this game. Parasites 3 turns, static charge and poison being unblockable, berserker and double strike using swords, tactial mercs 2 turn poison cd. I mean bring those things back. I look at which class to switch to now and right now it doesn't even matter because theyre lame. Theyre just boring, nothings unique, theyre all equal.

I mean tactical mercs 2 turn poison and HP frenzy is what made it so tactical.

Cyber Hunters unblockable skills made it a hunter

Sheesh I mean come on

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/10/2016 16:03:32 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/10/2016 18:52:43   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Parasites 3 turns,

This has nothing to do with the class losing its unique attributes.
quote:

berserker and double strike using swords,

Same with this
quote:

tactial mercs 2 turn poison cd

Super broken and there's no way this is ever going to come back until huge changes to other parts of the game are made.
quote:

Cyber Hunters unblockable skills made it a hunter

I don't even understand this. Elaborate please.

Classes all being very similar is a huge problem but you mention almost all of the things that have little relevance to it. Main reason why they are all so similar is because of their energy gain skills all functioning almost identically in terms of usage, and their responsive options to enemy attacks being the same (all classes have a defense/dex and resistance/tech buff, and they are always used in the exactly same manner every battle no matter who the opponent is). It's not entirely the skills themselves that kill the unique aspects of each class, but rather how the skills are used.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/10/2016 19:13:09   
Mother1

Class have become more or less the same due to as it has been said many times before the removal of passives for active skills. It was this change along with adding a cost to more cores that indirectly created the energy meta (meaning all classes are now depending on it) while taking away what each class could do best in the process.

TLM for example was the best tank class with it's passive mineral armor combined with Blood shield and reroute. Now they can't tank nowhere as good as before.

BM didn't even need energy seeing as it had the ability to not only fight with it but without it as well due to the passive blood lust. The same could be said of BH. CH while not as good a TLM could also tank well as well as pull offensive builds with it's passive plasma armor static charge Etc.

I could go on, but I will stop here.
Epic  Post #: 3
2/3/2016 3:20:30   
15darryl

I don't see why stop if the monitors read your comments who knows word may spread and epicduel will rise again tbh you should be the voice of the people @Mother1. If passives are brought back the game will surely attract players back i don't care what reason they had for taking it away. Without passives no class is equal anymore. When you think about it all that matters in a duel without passives is what class can take the most energy away and if that's the case it might as well be called EpicEMP haha get what i did there ;) anyways since the passives are gone and energy being the only advantage, you can see why its taking something as simple as removing passives to make the game so unbalanced. Tech can stall out bloodmages and Bounty hunters energy then battery following up with assimulation to slowly build up energy while leaving them on Empty, Cybers can take a dramtic amount of energy from all classes but leaving mainly Tacticals, Techmages, Bloodmages, and mercenaries at almost no energy for the whole battle, Bounty Hunters can stall out blood mages energy by poping shield or waiting for them 2 do 1 power attack then take all their energy and keep them at 0 and do the same with a cyber. Tactical mercenaries drain a fair amount of energy while using battery in same manner as techmage. And mercenaries struggle the worst considering the power steal ability(sorry don't know what its called) takes to long to use to get an efficient amount of energy for an attack or heal. If you want to balance the game without returning passives(Although passives are smarter and funner) then do the following to balance this game. 1. Increase the amount of energy cost for EMP on cybers 2. Grant 100% energy return from assimulation 3. Remove stat improvements on Bounty Hunters energy steal (sorry i dont know name of all abilities) 4. Put frenzy on Mercenaries 5. Increase Parasite effect by one more round. The following will make EPICDUEL more invite

This message is approved by yours truly. Brutal Foce ;)
Post #: 4
2/3/2016 5:34:00   
racing.lo.mas

As all players I want passives back, but they wont back.

I know what are you saying, I have changed class 6 TIMES in 2 weeks. All are plactically the same boring class.
But you want to make the energy skills strongers? To make the energy meta even more far? I can't support this however, I have a better solution.
What if all energy skills get a BIG nerf. There wont be op classes just because they wont have a big energy control. All skills will be able to use.
You will se again bh using massacre or mercenary using berzeker. The reason of why players arent using this kind of skills is that EVERYBODY can take your energy easily.
If you make all energy skills weak there wont be classes draining all your energy. You will be able to do what you want with your energy. Energy skills wont be so usseful, so players will have the chance of playing without them.
Back in delta it was weird to see a tm using assimilation, even though it took over 10 energy. There wasnt bm with parasite and bh hadnt the static grenade.
Also pyrofly wont be really op, you wont care if it takes your bettery, static smash or whatever it can take.

If al classes were able to use all their skills, there would be more unique.

Another way if you dont want to nerf the energy skills, you can make them to take less energy but get you more.
Example: Make static grenade to take 150 and give you 300.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 2/3/2016 5:36:33 >
Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Unique?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition