Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2016 6:25:14   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Balance Changes:

War Balance Changes
Increase super war item drop rate to 20%
Remove war rally damage increase
Increase war rally drop rate bonus to 15%
Increased the price of super war bomb to 195 Varium
No Varium Price on War Commander Core

This is a nerf not a buff, only legions now have war rally and it is nerfed, so even if the devs come back and check the drop chances of super bombs, it won't change anything. This balance change must be reverted.

Only god knows who suggested it, and how much discussion was put into it. Central station war is the best opportunity to try balance changes, and save the war, and also give legions players the incentive to play it, not vice versa. This is absurd really, now we will have 1 week for the devs to look at horrible balance change that they decided they should do in 5 mins, and another week just take a rest from the week they spent looking at that, and another 3rd week to implement the balance change, that's 3 weeks, I'm quite sure the war will be done by then.
MQ Epic  Post #: 51
1/25/2016 8:18:52   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Unless absolutely necessary, no changes will be made in the war itself to avoid making matters worse.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
1/25/2016 8:21:11   
SouL Prisoner

^It's power rally for Legion and i used a normal bomb. I'm suppose to get damage from 65-88, but i got only 36. Idk if this ain't broken war, then what is? (Broad cast tower. Health objective)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
1/25/2016 8:27:58   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Again, all bugs and complaints have been forwarded but only starting today the developers can look at it.
So i ask for patience until more news can be given.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
1/25/2016 8:35:48   
SouL Prisoner

^ I tested it again. here's proof. Before http://prntscr.com/9ulsc8 after : http://prntscr.com/9ulrkt I was suppose to get minimum 65 damage, but i got only 44. Hope this helps.

I just upgraded a bomb i got 161 damage, when i was suppose to get minimum 261. http://prntscr.com/9ultdo >>. current infl http://prntscr.com/9ultwi

EDITS: Looks like i'm not the only person with that prob. Here's others : http://prntscr.com/9ulxbu

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/25/2016 8:47:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/25/2016 8:56:13   
Optimise

@SouL Prisoner - The increased influence gain has been removed from war rallies in accordance with the latest patch ( =ED= January 22, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58) - however the game still seems to display that the increased influence is active with war rallies - which is incorrect, and is just a visual bug as it actually does not grant increased influence. All bugs and concerns have been escalated to the developers according to Therril, including the one you mentioned, of which was reported here. We shall now await a response from the developers, and only hope some changes are reverted.
Post #: 56
1/25/2016 9:03:08   
SouL Prisoner

^So basically it tricked me into buying super bombs... Nice
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
1/25/2016 17:06:09   
  Charfade

quote:

https://twitter.com/Titan_EpicDuel/status/691743350404313089

We looked into the matter, it was a display issue. War Objectives incorrectly displayed the amount of damage they would inflict during War Rally. its been fixed.

from Titan - @Titan_EpicDuel Thank you for sharing this bug in the forums and apologies for the oversight in the interface!

< Message edited by Charfade -- 1/25/2016 17:07:44 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 58
1/25/2016 17:10:27   
Lord Machaar

^ So you are happy about the 1.5 million difference, choosing to keep war rally nerfed? Nice. Nice.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/25/2016 17:22:59 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 59
1/25/2016 18:37:48   
dfo99

what you want to the devs do machaar? ask for the exile players stop of play hard?

you attempt to make the devs add influence to the legion side which don't exist is ridiculous.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/25/2016 18:41:40 >
Post #: 60
1/25/2016 19:33:04   
The berserker killer

War rally damage increase was definitely overpowered as it allowed legion players an unfair advantage
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 61
1/25/2016 19:58:34   
Mother1

Problem was there wasn't enough legion players later on to make it happen.

Heck the legion only won their first war (navelyard) because they decided to go after the finisher after the health objective, which was a one time thing. Legion also lost the 4th and war by about 2K damage because of an exile war rally which in fact gave exile the boost it needed to take the war from legion.

So if there was enough players on both sides war rally damage was indeed OP especially if it was close, however when one side is completely out gunned depending on the situation it can either keep them competitive or not help too much.
Epic  Post #: 62
1/26/2016 0:04:58   
The berserker killer

So, once again we need to balance out the sides. We can do this by simply making dailys count for both legion and exile factions/players
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 63
1/26/2016 6:34:38   
SouL Prisoner

Did they reduce bomb drop rate with the glitch fix or something?? I won 4 matches continuously and not even a single bomb dropped. Forget super bomb... I didn't even get a normal bomb. This never happened before.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/26/2016 6:37:50   
Silver Sky Magician

4 matches is a small sample size. Any result from that is statistically unreliable.
Post #: 65
1/26/2016 6:42:52   
SouL Prisoner

^ik, but it's never happened in the last 3-4 days of war... And i just won another match and still no drop.. so.. idk... u tell me.

EDIT: Finally after 6 wins i got a bomb. i guess maybe super bad luck or something...

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/26/2016 6:48:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
1/26/2016 9:28:29   
Lord Machaar

Alright, let's clear some point about the war rally after the latest balance changes affecting the war. I will discuss some points and not all points to just give a clear idea that the devs took basically 5 minutes to discuss and implement such changes:

1- War Rally & Paying players. I agree with those who say this change reduces the pay 2 win, but nerfing war rally affects one side, legions, where do war rallies happen? Legion side. Where are heavy spenders? Exiles side. I think you see the picture here.

2- Super bombs and normal bombs, war rallies affect super bombs, why normal bombs are included in this nerf too? You can't buy them, they are solely gained through battles.

3- Level difference. Making drop of chance of bombs the same at all levels is utter non-sense. A level 40 can do in average 20 wins per hour. A low level can do 40 wins per hour, the difference is clear, and thus the low drop chance at high levels will mean war rallies will go unnoticed.

I agree with those who say this war rally nerf targeted Pay 2 Win players, but:
- It targeted pay to win players in legion side only.
- Affected play-to-win players.
- Made the war even worst.

I mean no wonder why the gap is so huge, if you are going to reduce the pay 2 win in wars, we are grateful for it, but through thoughtful balance changes, not 5 minutes discussions while fixing Biobeasts' bugs. Any nerf to war rally nerfs legions directly, this war rally nerf doesn't even target pay 2 win players directly, it targets everyone, telling legions go sleep, until the war is over, like literally.

I could go on and on and on, and give details about other points, but what's the purpose? Just end the war already, really, if you aren't implementing thoughtful balance changes, then just don't make the war even worst. And according to what Mr. Therril Oreb said:
quote:

Unless absolutely necessary, no changes will be made in the war itself to avoid making matters worse.

This is basically saying, in other words, if we screwed the game in 5 mins, no need to give suggestions, because it will take us 4 weeks to fix them or balance them, 1 week for realising what went wrong, another week of resting from doing that, a 3rd week of discussion after the rest, and a 4th week of implementing the change. Why should I even bother and start giving suggestions.

@Kratos:
Dude, you aren't even a legion player, sope doesn't taste good because it smells good.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/26/2016 9:34:54 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 67
1/26/2016 11:05:27   
  Charfade

We're actively discussing the war and issues brought up in this thread.

Keep in mind, We are always careful making any changes to an active war because we really try not to interfere with wars at all once they start. If its a display issues we will correct it, but that's different then adjusting balance as we do not play favoritism to either side.

That being said, if there is an issue with the war that really off sets the balance unfairly we will consider addressing it.

Will post more on this once we decide best course of action.

MQ Epic  Post #: 68
1/26/2016 11:25:16   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Keep in mind, We are always careful making any changes to an active war because we really try not to interfere with wars at all once they start. If its a display issues we will correct it, but that's different then adjusting balance as we do not play favoritism to either side.

Where is favoritism in balancing the game? You are actually doing favoritism launching a war that you know the result of, you are adopting a broken war system knowing what it will lead to.
Yes, not interfering with an on-going war is a great thing, but that's done when the war's result is not known or it's a close war, not an almost 2 million difference in merely 3 - 4 days while there are 8 - 10 days left.

You are acting like, wow, we are surprised by this result, how this happened? No way, legions must've won. Well, I don't know about you guys, but I have plenty of solid facts that I mentioned in post #3 and #8, I speculated the result of the war before it even launched. It's simple math, and if it's TL:DR for you, will here is a brief résumé:
- Broken system.
- Pay 2 Win.
- Top 20 gifters in one alignment.
- Numbers difference, 7 exiles to 1 legion.
- War rally nerf.
- Last bug that allowed players to switch to exiles for free...
- Botting...
I could go on and on, and on, all it takes from you is to read, nothing less, nothing more. Reading what we say is more than enough to show you the flaws of this system.

Launching this war is the last bullet to many players, god only knows what will the difference be at the end of the war, which will probably last 10 days, it's 1.5 million now, it could end up with 5 million, then what? you think anyone will come back after this war? Count me out already. Any balance change that will be incorporated in the next war cycle will not work, because you lost your utlimate chance to fix it up, this is where massive amounts are playing after gifting, willing to spend their credits, on what? I've done more pvp wins than the top 10 players of exiles' leaderboard combined, but sadly I forgot I'm not playing a PVP game.

Legions are not losing because they are bad, they are losing because this system is broken, this system is purely pay 2 win, this system is destroying the game.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/26/2016 11:33:21 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 69
1/26/2016 14:38:29   
SouL Prisoner

I appreciate Lord machaar's efforts, trying to balance this war out, but i feel it's kinda pointless... I mean Dev's know what the're doing. I mean this is what happens when you try to multi-task and you suxck at it. It reminds me of times when i try to watch TV and play 2v2. I'm able to perform the necessary tasks like attacking looking at the current situation of the battle. Basically just attacking part in the match that's it. No plans of how to win the match. But in the same place if i were totally concentrating on ED alone, i can think of strategy to win the match and it's the same case here. Dev's just trying to run ED... just run. No concrete future plans.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/26/2016 14:39:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/26/2016 15:43:04   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Let's see what this patch does then..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
1/26/2016 15:44:27   
SouL Prisoner

I hope this brings some hope for Legion :/

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/26/2016 15:47:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/26/2016 15:46:33   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Yeah, bit behind aren't we. If the purchasables were removed then yeah, it'd be fairer because not everyone can afford to throw cash at a game. It'd be more balanced in that sense.

Fingers crossed for something good though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
1/26/2016 15:47:50   
SouL Prisoner

^idk if this is old news but congrats on maxing out AQ gold. You're totally crazy

EDIT: New DN out. You posting here??

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/26/2016 15:49:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
1/26/2016 15:50:29   
Cyber Dream

The only way I see future wars succeeding and being interesting is if we take away the Exile vs Legion factor until we can come up with a nearly perfect solution to even things out. Until this happens, how about we have a war where the two sides fight against a common enemy? We have suggested this multiple times, but it seems to not gain much attention from players or the devs which is crazy. If the devs are considering this or any other major changes to wars in the future then announce it so we can stop discussing the same thing over an over and move on to new problems. A couple simple changes to this war can easily bring back the pvp aspect of the game and take away the ps2 aspect. For example, increason bomb drop chance to 50% or higher. Bring back influence per fight (if you want to mimick other games, then mimick them in a way that would be good for ED). Another thing...FACTIONS. How come we haven't had any faction updates? How can we have wars without having updates revolving around the main thing related to wars?
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition