Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2016 15:50:53   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Newish and cheers.

Well I've done a few fights today, getting to level 39 should get a few more things to drop into the war (forget the name already) I doubt I'll make the 1st tier, but 2nd is feasible.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
1/26/2016 15:56:03   
SouL Prisoner

@Dream i agree.

I wish they would at least implement small features like co-founder and faction re-name. It would hardly take time amounting to his(Titan) breakfast...

@X Good Luck
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/26/2016 16:06:17   
Cyber Dream

@Soul

Though, those features would be nice. Those are not needed atm. I was referring to features that could help factions better contribute to the war. For example, tokens and artillery strikes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
1/26/2016 16:29:50   
The berserker killer

@Soul is right though. One of the easiest and quickest ways to revamp this game is to focus on faction updates which we have been asking for for about 2 years now
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 79
1/26/2016 19:22:16   
Cyber Dream

quote:

One of the easiest and quickest ways to revamp this game is to focus on faction updates which we have been asking for for about 2 years now

That's basically what I said on page three. There hasn't been a faction update in idk how long. Ever? I just don't understand how we can continue to have wars without addressing factions.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
1/26/2016 19:29:29   
The berserker killer

I said once before, and I say again that some of the faction changes we need are:

quote:

-Individual and Faction Win Counter: Displays your personal wins and your faction wins at your factions Notebot.

-post the amount of influence needed to get to the next Faction Level just as it's posted how much xp is needed to get to your personal next level.

-Add more recruit slots for varium and its credit equivalent

-Show personal fac %

-Faction shops that your faction can unlock based on your Faction Level and Influence. These items disappear from your inventory once you leave the faction.

-Faction HQ'S that upgrade when your faction levels up

-"Rank up" Screen every time your faction ranks up.

-Faction daily rewards. Ex: 1000 credits granted to each player for winning WD, 2k creds for a daily, 3k creds and 10k influence added to faction for winning both

-Faction All-Time Kill Board, a Personal Faction Leaderboard that tracks the amount of wins that the players in your faction have done and shows what player did X amount of wins

- A notebot function that allows you to see each individual players wins for the day (1v1, 2v2, Jugg)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 81
1/27/2016 1:27:33   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

@Soul

Though, those features would be nice. Those are not needed atm. I was referring to features that could help factions better contribute to the war. For example, tokens and artillery strikes.

Atm?? lol. I, myself personally have been suggesting these and other features for the last 4 years. And now i'm just being modest. Because these 2 features require very little time to code... That's why i said at least these features. Something is still much better than nothing, but the whole faction revamp, i have suggested that many times before, but that requires some time and now it doesn't seem like Dev's have a lot of time.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
1/27/2016 13:01:08   
Cyber Dream

quote:

Atm?? lol. I, myself personally have been suggesting these and other features for the last 4 years. And now i'm just being modest. Because these 2 features require very little time to code... That's why i said at least these features. Something is still much better than nothing, but the whole faction revamp, i have suggested that many times before, but that requires some time and now it doesn't seem like Dev's have a lot of time.

A lot of us has been suggesting these things for years now. But I guess that they don't complete the checklist that Charfade gave or the devs are just not interested in the ideas and yes atm. Those small features you mentioned would be nice, but like I said, those aren't needed atm if any other faction updates aren't released along with them considering the devs have already announced more wars after this one. How would those 2 simple features change the outcome of the war?

AQW Epic  Post #: 83
1/27/2016 14:01:28   
SouL Prisoner

^Nothing can change the outcome of the war. There's no point in trying to save it. The best Legion can do is lose with dignity. That is at least score half of Exile. Full Stop.

My suggestion has nothing to do war. It's just a personal old, really old suggestion. That's it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
1/27/2016 16:15:42   
Cyber Dream

Nothing can change the outcome of the war? Exile has wayyyyyyyy bigger spenders than legion. If we took away the p2w feature and brought back the pvp aspect by bringing back influence per fight then im pretty sure that legion will have a better chance than they do now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
1/27/2016 16:50:10   
The berserker killer

On the contrary, the only thing that I truly believe can even out these wars is this:

quote:

To be honest, devs, I would really like for you guys to consider making the dailys for each alignment different. What I mean by this is that WD, 1v1, 2v2 and Jugg championships/dailys wont be awarded to just the faction with the most wins or influence that day. Instead it would be awarded to both the top legion and exile factions of that day .

Why you ask? Well players mainly like 1 thing more than anything and that 1 thing is called "winning". A player would choose to win over any thing else which is why so many players want to become exile. We have the heavy spenders and, in war, only 1 side can be rewarded with the war prize. So follow a long with me for 1 minute.

By making those rewards go to the top legion and exile factions, instead of just 1, there are 2 chances to win the daily or WD: Legion and Exile. In its current state exile top wins are an average of 1400 1v1s and 380 2v2s (jug is a different story since theres not really a challenge there).

But for Legion? The highest legion fac wins you're going to see, for now at least until this idea is implemented, is an average of only 300 1v1 wins, about 100 2v2s and, once again, jug is a different story.

So what'll happen then? Well players love winning. If it is that easy for any legion faction to win 1v1 or 2v2, plenty of players would switch in no time to "abuse" this feature.

Almost done. So Players switch over, create a legion faction, get all happy with winning daily legion championships back to back and before you know it more and more players switch over. This feature will, undoubtedly balance out the sides.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 86
1/27/2016 17:48:05   
ambien

in reading the posts here 4 going on 5 pages, seem the same thing has been said over an over every time when a war on ed starts. you would think the that titan an the devs would have got it by now. the really sad thing is it will not changed because of the cash cow varium bombs, why would you stop it or make a change in the war . the war system is broken they have knowen it for over a year, but bio came in a took all there time ok right . whatever sounds good but anyway listen ed players nothing will change with war, there has been great things said to fix it an they know it but l do not get it just fix, it make players happy, if you can not have them fighting on the forms over this every time ed has a war . titan said on the day that the bug hit ed with flying bug . tell us what to do an we will fix it, his words must of been 30 players or more in the room. well we are waiting really sad when war rally happens an you win as a legion player an still no bombs drop really guys cannot you even fix that . looks like on the boards for points today exile cash cow is ahead go exile. legion players looks like are going for 5k in points an that is enough sounds great. so when next war happen are exile players going to jump over so legion can win do you really care any more. l would like the devs , titan, night, to put a post on the forms ask the scary question do you like the war yes or no. l wonder what would happen well most players do . you make the call have fun keep fighting bring ed back to the way it was.

my thoughts on this always the syfy

ps a player since beta , been there done that .

< Message edited by ambien -- 1/27/2016 17:56:26 >
Post #: 87
1/28/2016 0:54:02   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Nothing can change the outcome of the war? Exile has wayyyyyyyy bigger spenders than legion. If we took away the p2w feature and brought back the pvp aspect by bringing back influence per fight then im pretty sure that legion will have a better chance than they do now.

Exile just doesn't have spenders alone, they have numbers too. Out of every 10 players randomly gathered at a place, at least 7 of them are exile and sometimes even 9 i would say. Things might have been different, if p2w was removed before the war started. But now it's just desperate and pointless attempt. Not gonna change a thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
1/29/2016 22:53:49   
The berserker killer

So Devs want to maintain a cashflow while weakening varium bombs? Easy. It's called MAKE RARE PROMOS THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK, EVER.

Its called VARIUM shops with VARIUM features

It's called VARIUM EFFECTS that allow you to use VARIUM to do COOL STUFF such as, oh idk, design your HQ? Upgrade your HQ? Put a vendbot in your home?

It's not hard to have these varium features

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/29/2016 22:56:18 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 89
1/30/2016 3:28:57   
Buffy A. Summers

@ The Beserker Killer

Myself And A Few Others Regularly Made Suggestions Many Years Ago During Both Beta And Gamma Phases For Faction Improvements And Changes.

I Was Hoping To See Factions Have Value. Meaning A Level 9 Ranked Faction Has Some Reward Or Bonus (Non Battle) For Achieving That Status Over A Level 3 Faction, For Example.

One Of The Things I Requested And Hoped For Was An Exclusive Faction Shop That Would Unlock Certain Things Such As Armors, Styles And Bikes, Etc.

The Good News Is They Did Finally Use That Concept In Game, But Only Used It For Individual Achievement Through The Legendary Ranks And Shops.

Well, It Shows They Are Capable Of Bringing That Type Of Reward System Into The Game.

We Can Only Hope They Finally Do The Same With Factions Soon.

With The War Phases Being The Only Time For Factions To Obtain Influence From Battles And War Captures, I'd Love To See The Emphasis Be On Finally Improving (And Rewarding) Successful Factions This Year.

What I Used To Say Many Years Ago Still Remains True, The Top Factions (Both Past And Present) Are The Life Blood Of This Game. They Motivate Players To Succeed In, Compete With And Return To Play Again.

And Those Factions Deserve Some Long Overdue Love And Appreciation.

~ Buffy
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
1/30/2016 5:46:21   
SouL Prisoner

^It's all about passion and interest and clearly Dev's have no interest in ED like they did Once upon a time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
1/30/2016 19:05:18   
Cyber Dream

quote:

It's all about passion and interest and clearly Dev's have no interest in ED like they did Once upon a time

As much as I hate to agree, I highly think so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 92
2/3/2016 14:25:39   
SouL Prisoner

Fun Fact: There a Faction named BRAZZERS in overlord facility, on war leader/faction board flag. (Exile, 20th position) Seriously, how did that get by?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
2/3/2016 15:05:54   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@SouL Prisoner: I assure you, the developers are still caring for the game. But time is more limited so it is harder to maintain the amount of releases compared to in the past.
As for the suggestions, it has been said again and again.

Not every suggestion will or can be put into the game due to various reasons. Reasons that can be read here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20563401

@Berserker Killer: the bombs were weakened to limit the advantage varium users had against others during a war, without making it not worthwhile to buy and use bombs.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 94
2/3/2016 19:52:05   
One Winged Angel1357

I have made an effort to post less on the forums unless it is something I can address with authority and this is a good time for one of those moments.

quote:

So Devs want to maintain a cashflow while weakening varium bombs? Easy. It's called MAKE RARE PROMOS THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK, EVER.

People putting money into the game want promos that directly give them power. This is shown by the Legion and Exile tank promos, ones that were purely cosmetic, being the worst selling promos in EpicDuel leading to them going rare for the people who supported it. Any promo that has a unique core released from this point on won't be removed unless it is tied to a company event.

quote:

Its called VARIUM shops with VARIUM features

I have brought up the point of more varium exclusive cosmetics as they are the easiest to implement of varium excluvie features and can add in things like /fly and /boom as bonus varium exclusive emotes.

quote:

It's called VARIUM EFFECTS that allow you to use VARIUM to do COOL STUFF such as, oh idk, design your HQ? Upgrade your HQ? Put a vendbot in your home?

With the war system being completed when the next war starts, having the system automatically restart the region cycle as it is designed to, that would mean the developers would be able to shift focus back into other major parts of the game. Now I don't think that Factions will top that list as things like overlapping skills and Underdog for other modes still need to be implemented but it would mean we have the possibility to address the elephant in the room that is the aging factions system and give it more flair with some varium exclusive flair

EDIT: It has been a longer than normal day of work and this post needed some fixing

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 2/3/2016 20:49:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 95
2/3/2016 22:58:23   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the reply and:

quote:

Now I don't think that Factions will top that list as things like overlapping skills and Underdog for other modes still need to be implemented but it would mean we have the possibility to address the elephant in the room that is the aging factions system and give it more flair with some varium exclusive flair

^ That makes me excited for whats soon to come but we HAVE to be honest with ourselves here. It's going to take you months, multiple months to change overlapping skills and implement underdog mode. We can't wait any more months OWA, we really can't do it without anything to do. So how do you go about this? Implement a feature that will keep players busy for months while you guys take your time and correctly create the features. What could possibly distract players for months on end? Influence per battle and Flags. You implement flags again and players wont be bothering devs for 2+ months because we'll have something to do.

IMO and about a fifth of the active ED population that I have been able to reach out to via twitter and facebook with nearly 100 Retweets and Likes, we want you guys to focus on Factions and Flags. Both of which are simple features that wouldn't take any more than a single week to update/implement. You do that and you buy yourself some time. Buy yourselves some time and your players will be content. Your players are content and you can do whatever you want.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 96
2/4/2016 0:06:55   
Mother1

@ TBK

If the game isn't balance then how are we supposed to enjoy flags and influence back in battles? If the balance is screwed up it will be the same thing over and over again. Don't get me wrong I would love to see influence go back into battles, but if the players can't enjoy the game due to it being broken there isn't much point to it.
Epic  Post #: 97
2/4/2016 1:39:40   
The berserker killer

Because those features are fun. I'm not saying ignore balance but taking a week to implement flags and influence per battle THEN taking 1 year+ to implement balance changes COMPLETELY beats waiting 1 year for everything to come out together.im not saying we will enjoy flags and influence per battle in the games current meta, I'm saying we will tolerate it and it will keep us busy.

Theres no point to implement anything if you wait another entire year when the playerbase drops to 20
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 98
2/4/2016 12:57:31   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Not every suggestion will or can be put into the game

lol.

@Therril Oreb: Name one big feature that player suggested and it was implemented. It's all Dev's. They always implement stuff that increase the revenue of their income, that's all. Gifting, code gifting and other than that they only made changes that benefited them. Like the war system. And now they even increased the bomb prices too. Over the past years, the only thing Dev's has done is remove features, instead of adding. The worst part is, it only made the game more boring and un-balanced. They removed tokens and made achievement pay credit and buy. They totally paralyzed faction system. They changed passive skills to active. Did that help?? Nope. They removed level requirement from weapons so anyone could use any weapon they like. That worked?? Nope! Because now there's cores. And if want an edge in battle, better get the weapon with the best core, doesn't matter if it looks hideous... ultimately making the good old weapons unusable.

and the list goes on... I know as a Forum Knight you're obligated to side Dev's, but what's true is true and not gonna change anyone's opinion regarding this.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 2/4/2016 13:02:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
2/4/2016 13:48:07   
One Winged Angel1357

I know you only asked for one but I have two for you as most suggestions don't make it in game directly as they are presented on the forums.

Underdog Mode
  • I have been on the forums, both AEF and EDF, for somewhere in the range of four to five years now and a constant complaint has been the power gap between levels. Underdog while not a direct suggestion from the forums is the development team address an issue that the players have brought up for literally years.

Tiered War Rewards
  • This is much closer to a direct suggestion with the suggestion being change the war rewards from one and done at 150 influence to the system we have today. Now that wars will cycle on a much much more frequent basis this change should be and will be marked as a player suggested change to a major feature in the game.
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 100
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 14th, 2015 - Central Station War!
    Page 4 of 5<12345>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition