Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Class Weps or Swords: Identifying the Problem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Class Weps or Swords: Identifying the Problem
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2016 23:05:59   
Alphaeus

So, I have seen a great deal of discussion about this during my years here (well, only the last one or two have I bothered to follow the forums), and here is something I have found.

After the last major update, I was just as upset as everyone else about the class wep nerfing issue...but then, after a few months, I realized that swords are not nearly as powerful, nor class weps as nerfed, as people think.

Now, I do love to use swords on a FEW builds between all of my chars, because I simply have no need for the skills that require class weps, and thus opt for the swords.

Here comes the interesting part, though: My BEST and FAV builds are actually with CLASS WEPS.

Remember, this is coming from someone who has been here (on and off) since the very first days of Gamma. I have an excellent win-loss ratio, too...in short, I'm no noob that's talking nonsense.

Moreover, I have found in my time playing that swords are good for only one (decent) build per class, and even then that is often not necessarily the best build for that class (with the possible exception of TLM...which is potentially one of the most out-of-balance classes anyway...).

BH, CH, TM, and BM all have powerful sword builds, but some of their best, most creative, and most successful (successful as in reliability for wins, not according to spammers) still require class weps.

TLM can get away with it, but I have already discussed them above. That's just a class problem, not a sword problem...same goes for the pitiable Merc class.

Overall, swords do indeed give an advantage...but in my experience, this advantage is equaled by Class Wep's advantage in using more skills, including the "ultimate skill" for most classes (except the TLM and Merc, yet again).

Now, what I would like to do with this post is have specific EXAMPLES of builds that need class weps but cannot be successfully used because of class-wep-nerfing. We talk a lot about this issue, but I have yet to see anyone give much of an example for this. I would love to get examples for all of the classes...or, if not, then we will see that there isn't a problem with the weps, but rather with just one or two classes.

Just a thought to try to drum up some actual data on this beyond the weapon stats we all can read for ourselves.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Class Weps or Swords: Identifying the Problem
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition