Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 22, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 22, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2016 14:40:02   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

January 22, 2016
Patch Notes - 1.6.58

NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • Central Station War
    • Defense use CS Bombs against Broadcast Towers to maintain the COMMS Hub
    • Offense use Broadcast Boosters on Broadcast Towers to hijack COMMS Hub
    • Prize CSPF Cruiser

• Previous War Prizes set to RARE
    • Fortune Battlegear P/E
    • Pirate Captain Armor
    • Overlord Guard Armor
    • Armor Hazard Husk
    • Chaos Juggernaut Armor
    • Wasteland Runner Armor
    • Arctic Guard Armor
    • Infernal Maw Cannon P
    • Dread Battlegear P/E

Balance Changes:
  • War Balance Changes
    • Increase super war item drop rate to 20%
    • Remove war rally damage increase
    • Increase war rally drop rate bonus to 15%
    • Increased the price of super war bomb to 195 Varium
    • No Varium Price on War Commander Core

Bug Fixes:
  • Merged Dragonoid battle issue

Tags:

Tagged ~Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 1/22/2016 16:17:05 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/22/2016 14:53:56   
Teufel Hunden

Finally merged dragonoid fixed! Now i can get back to helping people with bosses hahaha

Cant wait for the war, should be loads of fun!
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/22/2016 14:54:23   
One Winged Angel1357

The short turn around time on some war changes is a good start to me.

Removing war rally damage buffs in favor of increased drop rates as well as an overall increase in varium drops is a step in the right direction

Edit: I was absolutely sitting here waiting for someone to post so I could say that

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 1/22/2016 14:55:50 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/22/2016 15:19:12   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Balance Changes:
War Balance Changes
Increase super war item drop rate to 20%
Remove war rally damage increase
Increase war rally drop rate bonus to 15%
Increased the price of super war bomb to 195 Varium
No Varium Price on War Commander Core

I think it should be posted in the balance thread;

Plus, it's pretty interesting how much fast things get implemented when the idea is suggested by someone from the team, usually it would take 3 times that duration for a regular player suggestion to get implemented. Hope you transfer players' ideas as fast as you transfer yours.

quote:

Remove war rally damage increase

What is this supposed to mean?
You no longer deal more damage with bombs, but instead, you get more bomb drops?
quote:

Wouldn't this affect war commander core? Being totally useless during war rallies?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/22/2016 15:22:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/22/2016 15:27:52   
One Winged Angel1357

War Commander is still useful during a rally as the normal drop rate would still be below 100%
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/22/2016 15:38:31   
Lord Machaar

But then let's say a war rally occurs:
before the balance change, war commander would be useful, granting a sure amount of bombs, that will certainly deal more damage.

After this balance change, war commander will be less useful, it's better not equiping it in war rally.
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/22/2016 15:42:57   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

As I haven't warred since ages: Do we fight, get a drop then hand it in somewhere?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/22/2016 16:08:19   
One Winged Angel1357

@Machaar If war rally increases the drop rate of super bombs to 35% then absolutely as a one third chance of varium drops on wins would be incredibly strong

However that chance of a no drop still may be painful

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 1/22/2016 16:09:02 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/22/2016 19:53:45   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Increase super war item drop rate to 20%

Based on what ?
20% chance for super war item and 80% chance for normal war item ?

quote:

What is the drop rate without war rally ? 10% ?

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 9
1/22/2016 21:28:14   
The berserker killer

quote:

Removing war rally damage buffs in favor of increased drop rates as well as an overall increase in varium drops is a step in the right direction

Im sorry but all this really does is devalue Varium even more. I mean it practically has no use now as everything is either overpriced or accessible by all. 10k varium for a hefty price of 50 dollars (US) is not a lot, and people fail to realize that. It's seriously not a fair exchange and by steadily increasing the price of varium features its just steadily pushing players away more and more. I like the idea, the concept and the goal of your plan but in my own opinion based on my experience, of course. the execution is resentful.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
1/22/2016 21:38:39   
One Winged Angel1357

The purpose of Varium, outside of the war, is to skip the grind or some Varium exclusion cosmetics in the ranks shops. Devaluing Varium in terms of buying direct power is pretty much the end goal in removing as much of the pay to win as possible in the war.

Example being everyone's least favorite war was frysteland 1.0 which was 100% pay to win. Everyone's favorite war was Infernal Infiltration which was the least pay to win of any way if you discount the Varium free to play power gap. Removing power from those who directly wish to skip PvP and win the war with their wallets alone is the right direction
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/22/2016 21:42:41   
The berserker killer

Im sure it is the right direction, don't get me wrong. Just the way you took the step is flawed. It's destroying player trust. Once again, it's the right direction but imo the step was flawed.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
1/22/2016 21:45:21   
Satafou

Personally my least favourite war was the delta vault war, seeing as it lowered my 2vs2 win ratio as i got partnered with a braindead npc vs 2 actual players most of the time. I and many others enjoyed the frystland war. I didn't spend any varium for the frystland war but i just enjoyed it more, i felt it was the most active i've been in any war in the PVP aspect.

Varium is utterly useless now. Not becuase it doesn't give power but due to the fact you've held the gifting event 2 years in a row. It created hyperinflation of credits, without credits losing their value. Varium isn't needed to buy items or change class for most players as they simply have a large reservoir of credits.
Post #: 13
1/22/2016 21:50:26   
The berserker killer

That's practically my point. The promo promise, gifting, inflating varium gear cost. It's devalued and pretty much useless. The best features are available to all players.. No one needs to change their name a million times, but we do class change a million times. Now, once again, youre taking the right direction! Just the wrong step.

Edit: Especially after that bloodhawk gift last year, the home item gift this year, and kazeroths varium weapon being given to all players.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/22/2016 21:58:20 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
1/23/2016 0:52:19   
Lord Machaar

quote:

However that chance of a no drop still may be painful

Exactly, the 0 chance to get a super war drop while equiping war commander makes it uselsss in war rallies. I guess I will just switch over between swords.
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
1/23/2016 0:59:05   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmmm.. should be fun. @Bomb I need help with that NPC. :)

EDIT: Quick question. If you're equipped with War Commander core, can you get a super bomb drop?

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/23/2016 2:02:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/23/2016 2:15:11   
Lord Machaar

^ Nope. 0%. That's what I was talking to OWA about.

http://puu.sh/mGgXf/1692912ae7.jpg

If anyone interested in knowing how the compensation cheevo looks like. Although the description doesn't match the explaination given, we thought it's a bug not a nerf, but this doesn't matter anymore, we got our well earned cheevo .

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/23/2016 2:25:30 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
1/23/2016 2:27:03   
SouL Prisoner

^ Arghhh you lucky dog. I tried to beat him couple of times, but my level is a bit low to defeat him yet.

EDIT: I just tried defeating GOW L Mode. Doesn't seem like much of a nerf. Probably 5% reduction or something... That % is not much of a help and the cheevo now seems definitely unfair. :/

EDIT: Tried few more battles. I swear there is no difference between before and after nerf.... Just to be sure, we're talking about God Of War Legendary Mode right?

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/23/2016 2:42:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/23/2016 3:58:39   
Lord Machaar

They fixed a bug resulting in an intentional nerf. The bug was that he had an energy sword instead of having a physical one. The sword was Phobos, it was meant to be physical (because its color is red) but it was an energy sword.

Yeah, the legendary boss is still hard, same as he was before the nerf, but when he has energy only, the nerf shows up when he is out out energy, and starts using his primary weapons. He has all 3 physical weapons now, so hiring your defense will work. The best class to defeat him currently is BM, as you can draim his energy within 80 turns, then finish him out quickly.
Before the nerf, the player with least ranks to defeat him was me with 35 ranks.
After the nerf, a level 39 defeated him. So you can see the difference.
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
1/23/2016 6:52:32   
SouL Prisoner

Oh.... Thnx for clearing that out i guess... :)

It was nice of them to give that cheevo. Maybe a bit too nice of them

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/23/2016 6:55:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/23/2016 7:07:48   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Maybe a bit too nice of them.

Haha yeah that was really appreciated, but on the other hand, we deserved it. If you would like to read more about why we deserved it, check this thread:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22085491
MQ Epic  Post #: 21
1/23/2016 7:33:05   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Example being everyone's least favorite war was frysteland 1.0 which was 100% pay to win. Everyone's favorite war was Infernal Infiltration which was the least pay to win of any way if you discount the Varium free to play power gap. Removing power from those who directly wish to skip PvP and win the war with their wallets alone is the right direction

Frysteland 1.0 was my favourite war then Infernal Infiltration. I think that players donīt pick
their favourite wars by the ammount of pay to win involved. Infernal Infiltration War is popular
because it had a great theme and story involved. Also that it happened over several weeks
with step by step goals was something that the players did like. The devs did put alot work and
creativity into that war. As there are no other wars that can offer this its obvious that the
Infernal Infiltration War is the most popular war. The Dread Wars are boring as there the same
pattern does get repeated over and over again since two years. Its easy money for AE tho.

quote:

It was nice of them to give that cheevo. Maybe a bit too nice of them

Alot to nice. All the players that was close to beating him got nothing but had the same trouble.
Also the chievo was not announced so that nobody could prepare for it. Other chievos like
Epic Artist and Loremaster are only worth 1,000 and 2,500 points even that they can include
up to 1,000 times more effort. There was TaM players that beated LGOW in just 1 hour at
second or third try.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 1/23/2016 7:54:15 >
DF Epic  Post #: 22
1/23/2016 7:41:12   
SouL Prisoner

With level range increased and BH with multi everywhere, every battle is just plain frustration.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/23/2016 8:01:35   
Thylek Shran

So there are at least three things that are not included in the patch notes and should get added:

- Legendary God of War now has a physical sword
- Mark of Alacritiy achievement
- The level matching range for duels has increased
DF Epic  Post #: 24
1/23/2016 8:04:55   
SouL Prisoner

^ya i guess so... But how many in-game players actually care about reading the whole DNs. phufff.. Doesn't matter much... other than for the record i guess..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 22, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition