Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 26th, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58b

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 26th, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58b
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2016 16:04:01   
Optimise

quote:

January 26, 2016
Patch Notes - 1.6.58b

Balance Changes:
  • War Balance Changes
    • War rally guarantees that when a player of the losing alignment receives a drop, it will be a Super war item
    • We made this change to reduce the impact of Varium on the War outcome and allow the underdog an improved chance to recover from a deficit.

Bug Fixes:
  • Typo on war summary
  • Typo on objective
  • Infernal Maw Cannon P/E - relabeled as a prize code item
  • Infernal Android Armor - Old war prize, tagged RARE

Tags: Titan

Tagged! Therril Oreb

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 1/26/2016 17:44:40 >
Post #: 1
1/26/2016 16:35:04   
The berserker killer

Catering more to underdogs? Is this a joke? Jesus.... come on man is this even fair? I mean give it to everyone not only a underdog player. I mean if ranks are really such a bad thing that's affecting the game so much that you have to discriminate against them more and more why not just remove them. Go ahead, do it. Absolutely disgusted with that decision. If you want to be fair, give them to all players on the losing side while cutting war rally down to 30 minutes instead of just granting it to underdog players.

And can we please have some faction updates as I have been asking for for the past 2/3 years?

Underdog allows the player to have:

-Bonus strength to increase skills that increase with strength
-Bonus tech to increase skills that increase with tech
-Bonus dex to increase skills that increase with dex
-Bonus support to increase skills that increase with support
-Bonus Aux Damage
-Bonus Bot Damage
-Bonus Sidearm Damage
-Bonus Primary Damage
-Bonus Defense
-Bonus Resistance
-4 Luck based cores, along with the previously effects.

ALL OF WHICH ARE PASSIVELY ENGAGED IN A GAME WHERE INDIVIDUALS CAN WIN OR LOSE A MATCH OFF OF 1 SINGLE HP. I've already suggested fixes to this such as Only letting underdog affect primary, sidearm, aux, robot, def and res or selling it as a passive armor core at vendbot. BOTH OF WHICH WERE PERFECTLY REASONABLE. But you know what? Devs you're not even to blame. Sure you didn't test everything out/your testers aren't experienced enough to see the bonuses of underdog mode but you're not to blame for catering to lower levels. It's the lower levels and new playerbase that this game has, the omega players. They just complain more and more and, instead of owning up and saying something is overpowered just as us older players do, they would rather sit back defend it and abuse it on forums with vulgar and disrespectful posts and make empty threats in your inbox.

And now, thank the lord they get a bonus to war items too??? Haha okay. You know what, you can discriminate as much as you want but in the long run we worked for our ranks. We grinded, we payed for the xp boosts, we npcd for a feature that you implemented and so-called tested. We played this game absolutely fair and everything you have been doing for the past 10 months was basically a spit in our face.

If you can look at that list and tell me that its absolutely fine then OK. No problem. Whatsoever. Do you. Disrespectful to your players, catering to the selfishness of a playerbase who will actively defend something that's overpowered. Right now, theres more value in repeatedly starting over accounts than staying with a single account.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/26/2016 16:48:04 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
1/26/2016 16:41:42   
Xendran

They mean the losing faction in the war. It took me a second read to actually catch that.

Whoever wrote these notes initially should have proofread and passed it by people a few more times, because using a term like "Underdog" in neutral context in a game where "Underdog" is already an established term with established context is just really confusing for people reading this.
Be more deliberate with the words you choose when relaying any sort of information to your playerbase.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/26/2016 16:42:28 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/26/2016 16:48:25   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

^ Doesn't underdog refer to the lower levelled player in a match in this context, rather than the team with less points?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/26/2016 16:49:02   
The berserker killer

Ohh so not underdog mode? Well I'm embarrassed. Thanks Xendran.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
1/26/2016 16:53:51   
Xendran

quote:

^ Doesn't underdog refer to the lower levelled player in a match in this context, rather than the team with less points?

Yes, that's exactly my problem with these patch notes.
Underdog is a term in epicduel with a specific meaning, using it for a different meaning is confusing and unnecessary.
In this one specific case they mean the underdog in the war, but most players aren't going to understand that upon first read, and ESPECIALLY people with english as a secondary language.

In fact, the only reason I know that they mean the losing side of the war is because i sat and thought to myself why exactly this change would even out the war, and came to the conclusion that they must not actually mean what we know as "Underdog". (And this is a logical leap, because there's a small chance they do mean actual "Underdog" mode, but in that case this change would not even out the war in any way)

That's not the kind of thinking 99% of people reading the patch notes are going to have, and thus it's unlikely that they will understand what the effects of this patch note, which could impact whether or not they decide to log into the game and participate in the war.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/26/2016 16:59:20 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
1/26/2016 17:20:03   
Optimise

quote:

We made this change to reduce the impact of Varium on the War outcome and allow the underdog an improved chance to recover from a deficit.

I am quite certain that they are referring to the losing alignment, rather than the actual underdog mode. The quote above is from the patch notes, which states that the change was made to allow the underdog to recover from a deficit. The deficit that Titan is referring to would be of the losing side, in this case, Legion. I am saying this because an individual who benefits from the underdog mode would have no deficit to actually recover from in the war.

Nevertheless, we shall wait for a war rally to occur and test our statements as to which is true, or wait for a response from the staff team which would be more efficient as we would not be required to wait for a war rally to occur at a random time. The sooner this is clarified, the better. I would also suggest that the developers make changes to the patch notes, making it more understandable.

-Optimise
Post #: 7
1/26/2016 17:45:28   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The wording has been changed, We did mean the losing faction. Sorry for the confusion everyone!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
1/26/2016 18:20:36   
  Digital X

That's better, cheers Therril.

Wonder if I could get 10 bombs in half an hour, self-challenge.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/26/2016 19:12:17   
dfo99

the devs never will implement in the game the war stats? like total of bombs used, graphics etc??
Post #: 10
1/26/2016 19:53:16   
One Winged Angel1357

Someone want to test war cores during a war rally? All of my accounts are exile otherwise I'd check myself
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/27/2016 1:30:16   
SouL Prisoner

@OWA. On it :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/27/2016 6:02:53   
  Digital X

I can play for a bit, Now is the one time I actually hope for level 40's.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/27/2016 6:52:08   
SouL Prisoner

The power rally's aren't frequent enough. The fix was kinda pointless. With the current gap, Legion can never even manage to get close to Exile, let alone win.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/27/2016 11:52:22   
Optimise

@One Winged Angel1357 - I can confirm that super war bombs drop every win if you have the war commander core equipped during a war rally.
Post #: 15
1/27/2016 13:43:14   
Lord Machaar

It was a much needed fix to the war rally, sure more could've been done before the war to make it better, but well, this is better than nothing.

It indirectly buffed war commander which is actually great, with not too much buffing it AKA adding a drop chance of super bombs, since war commander is a mutual core between legions and exiles, therefore any buff to war commander will directly buff exiles as they use way more war commanders due to the difference in amounts of players.
A direct buff could take place if exiles had a different war commander core, for instance legions having a different type of war commander than exiles, but this suggestion might work in the next cycle.

I wish this buff had happened a bit earlier since I legitimiately did 1150 1vs1 wins in the last 5 days granting me only 42k influence, which is a bit absurd as some did 0 pvp wins and got triple the amount of influence, but well, we can't fix it all at once, we can't take off the P2W aspect at once since that would harm the game, but reducing it would help the game a bunch in sustaining a cool amount of players.

If there is anything else I would like to add about this matter, beside ofcourse liking this recent change, it would be when war rallies occur, since I witnessed war rallies sometimes occur at reset, while there are 150 players, 125 of them exiles, 25 legions, 10 AFK, 5 begging for fame, 5 insulting each other and nagging about war, and 5 farming NPCs. So it would be great if war rallies get programmed when there are enough legion players to get use of it, as 2 war rallies each day is not that much, so why not program both to be when there are the most legion players online.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/27/2016 13:46:12 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 16
3/13/2016 7:22:42   
SouL Prisoner

Did Therril Oreb quit forum or something?? Sent him a message like 10 days back and no reply...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/13/2016 7:29:33   
Silver Sky Magician

Therril has left the Guest team and AE to concentrate on his real-life pursuits. You could contact Battle Elf instead for forum-related issues.
Post #: 18
3/13/2016 7:43:52   
SouL Prisoner

I see. Thnx for the info :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/13/2016 8:54:26   
Lord Machaar

So who is the PR guy now?
MQ Epic  Post #: 20
3/13/2016 10:02:55   
SouL Prisoner

The power hour started, but it's an hour early???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/13/2016 10:29:21   
Lord Machaar

^ I guess it's in relation with summer schedule in the US. Tbh I'm not sure but that's probably the case.
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
3/13/2016 10:48:15   
SouL Prisoner

Ya it seems to change once in a year or two??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
3/13/2016 11:00:18   
Lord Machaar

No idea really, someone living in the US might have an idea I suppose.
MQ Epic  Post #: 24
3/13/2016 11:09:19   
Xendran

Daylight savings time
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 26th, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.58b
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition