Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

"Miss" and "Break"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> "Miss" and "Break"
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2016 22:25:36   
The berserker killer

I like the luck factors in this game...but why not change them to be more fair and logical?

My suggestion is to remove "Block" and "Deflect" and implement "Miss" and "Break". Whats the difference? Well bear with me here.

I don't find it appealing that one can tank a stat such as tech and not have to worry about their weapon being deflected and/or worry about deflecting.

That's where "Miss" comes in. "Miss" is sort of like "Dodge", which would scale with DEX. Meaning that focus 5 builds with insane technology who seem to just ignore dexterity will now have to worry about their sidearm/aux being "Dodged" by an opponent with higher dexterity.

Likewise, it's not appealing that individuals can tank dex without having to worry about their weapon being blocked/ or worry about their opponent connecting as they ignore their technology.

Thats where "Break" comes in. What this means is that instead of anyone with high/mediocre dex having to worry about being "blocked" (which they don't have to worry about), they would have to worry about their strike being "broken" by an opponent with higher technology.

So, basically, ranged and up close attacks can be "dodged" (which will scale with dex). Up close attacks can be "Broken" (which will scale with technology). This beats the current system where your advantage is simultaneously your opponents weakness (meaning that by tanking tech you practically are more prone to deflect ranged attacks).

Now that's balance.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/28/2016 22:51:53   
Silver Sky Magician

So instead of STR builds with moderate dex, we'll have STR builds with moderate tech. Instead of SUPP builds with moderate tech, we'll have SUPP builds with moderate dex (which is a buff, actually, since they can now have moderate gun damage). Dex builds now don't need to worry about deflections, and will thus be significantly buffed. Deflectable bots like Katherax and Cyber Yeti will be nerfed, while blockable bots like Blood Hawk and Black Abyss will be buffed. 5 focus tech builds will be nerfed overall.

I don't really see the point.
Post #: 2
1/28/2016 23:12:15   
The berserker killer

Well I don't see why a strength build would use moderate tech but to address that issue strength builds with moderate tech ultimately balances itself out as they sacrifice gun damage for a simple buff to resistance and a higher chance to "break" direct attacks instead of "Dodging" any from ranged and direct attacks... That's actually a good fix.

As for your support concern no it actually isn't a buff, its a nerf. As a support build, in this scenario, decides to receive moderate dex in order to "dodge" most attacks, he sacrifices his chances to "break" close ranged attacks. We could limit "Dodge" to just ranged attacks to even it out even more.

As for your bots that is also inaccurate. They wont receive nerfs. Focus builds will simply be encouraged to invest more points into dexerity instead of just tanking a single stat and calling it a day
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/29/2016 0:34:21   
  Exploding Penguin

There is literally no reason to implement this.

You invest in tech you expect a high chance to deflect in most of your fights. Similarly, you put no points into tech and you expect to rarely deflect people. I don't see a problem with the current system.
Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> "Miss" and "Break"
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition