Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

why is epicduel dead?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> why is epicduel dead?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2016 3:34:32   
Front45

There are many reasons why ED is dead

1. main problem is balance. balance never will be good, until there are ranks. no one likes 100% loses. when 1 rank player battling 50 rank player. then you losing without a chance and exit game. no matter what class or build you have, rank 1 can't defeat rank 50. solution? delete these ranks for balance
2. also main problem is balance of each classes. merc is the weakest class. change to 3 cool down energy skill and change to improve with tech or increase steal and back energy. also parasite is bad. change getting 2x back or steal 25-30%
3. also need change phase. people wanna something new. ED is already dead after 2012 december, when became omega phase
4. back juggernaut battle
5. 2 vs 2 is terrible now because almost all have tank builds. it's so hard and close game. no one using focus 5 in 2 vs 2. that is so bad. you playing as robot. make it free and easy game

already started 4th year and no one pay attentioning this game. check twitter almost all write that ed is dead. what happening. why ED creators don't need good game, many people, people get pleasure, people like this game. why they are not trying? even there is so much lag when you entering into the game or battles. everyone forgot epicduel?

i remember early were 2000-3000 people online. now when i logged it is 146. just shame. ed is killed and no one wanna back good game

< Message edited by Front45 -- 2/4/2016 3:37:14 >
Post #: 1
2/4/2016 5:53:02   
Silver Sky Magician

EpicDuel is in decline due to the declining popularity of browser games in general and flash games in particular, partially due to the rise of mobile games. The entire IT industry, including the gaming industry, is transitioning away from Flash. In other words, ED and other AE games are being caught in an industry-wide shift of supply and demand. Nonetheless, the devs are still fully committed to developing and improving EpicDuel, and I am confident that it will do well.

As for your concerns:

Balance is not optimal but it is pretty good. The most pressing issues are early game imbalance and mercs being underpowered, and we hope to resolve these soon. I don't see ranks as a balance issue - underdog has done much to even things out, and from personal experience, I am more likely to win high-rank players than not (I'm only rank 11).

Omega is the last phase. We can have novelty without a phase change.

Juggernaut will require a lot of resources to balance. It'll take quite some time before we can even things out.

I don't see focus 5 not doing well in 2v2 as an issue. 2v2 by its nature rewards burst offence, which is virtually the opposite of a focus 5 build.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/4/2016 6:22:27 >
Post #: 2
2/4/2016 12:45:02   
The berserker killer

Epicduel isn't dead because of Flash, my apologies SSM. EpicDuel is dead because there's no fun. Bring back flags and you'll see a lot of life coming back into this game even if balance is pretty lame right now.

As for juggernaut, the fix is simple. Simply ensure the Juggernaut first turn advantage and watch how quick things will change. From my experience, first turn advantage is a huge one.

But to be completely honest here the fix for ED is so simple. Like the reason Players think that the Devs don't care isn't because of the long wait for updates but because fixing ED and breathing life back into it is so simple.

-Faction Updates
-Influence Per Battle
-Flags
All of which would take not even a week to implement

After that you can take all the time you need to work on balance and/or missions/cores. But in the meantime, while you guys are taking your time, we have nothing to do. The game is dead because theres nothing to do. Pick up a bomb and drop it? The repetitiveness is insanely boring. Fight for 1v1/2v2/Jugg? Why, when devs ban alting players instead of alting factions for only one week then let them get back at it until they've won about 150 champs (which is half a year of waiting for a specific faction to get banned).

The answers not that hard. The games not dead because of Flash. The games dead because of poorly made decisions, nothing to do except NPC and Missions in a PVP based game, and the removal of two of the greatest features this game has ever seen: Flags and Influence Per Battle (which I have a ton of support from nearly 100 players on twitter who want to see this implemented again).

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/4/2016 12:52:18 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
2/4/2016 12:46:52   
Satafou

Epicduel in decline has very little to do with "the rise of mobile games". It's completely different target audiences.

The reason this game is in decline, is due to countless errors that have occured, not just based on balance but due to removal of features such as: Agility, removal of passives, enchantments (lowering the price for non vars whilst keeping the extra stats everyone had for more build possibilities would have been the best option), weapon requirements, weapon unique stats, and the gifting event that cause the hyperinflation of credits without items having their prices increased, resulting in varium being used for a quicker way to get items ect to be pointless.

There is other reasons to add to that list but i just wanted whoever reads this to get a general understanding. Ignoring everything i have previously wrote, the main reason this game is in decline is due to the devs being so stubborn to revert changes that they know have failed. If better testing in general for updates was done no changes would need reverted unless an introduction of a new feature caused an imbalance.

Pride is a sin for a reason, and thinking that math is more accurate than practical testing for results is just preposterous.
Post #: 4
2/4/2016 12:53:37   
The berserker killer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I could not have said it any better, at all. It's their pride getting in the way.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
2/4/2016 13:19:23   
SouL Prisoner

Everyone is saying Dev's screwed up, expect Dev's. You tell me that all players, who actually plays the game are wrong and the people(Dev's) who barely come online are correct.

In a PvP game like epic duel, creating the perfect balance is impossible, but not even trying?? I mean it's been years since Dev's screwed up Juggernaut and it continues... Saying it need "lot of work" is, sorry for the lang, but it's BS. All jugg needs is lowering the opponent level to 25. Why so low?? Because times have changed. Every player is pretty much rich enough to not just buy all weapons, but even enhance with stats and cores. And this is all thanks to gifting. (Lowering every item value since 2014) and benefiting Dev's like crazy. And out of all this, the funny thing is the player who spent the most varium and won those alpha weapons can't even use the whole set because, once again Dev's/cores screwed it up.

Anyway... There's only so much we can do as players. Rest is all up to Dev's. If they want, they can take down the game right now and nobody can do $#!^ about it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/4/2016 13:51:45   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

This topic is closed as of now. There have been multiple instances of these topics now and they all inadvertently result in blaming and flaming on the developers ignoring all that has been said by the developers or the ED Liaisons.
It has gotten to the point where the same points are repeated over and over without taking any consideration of what has been said in the past.

I am locking this thread as of now and any new topics will be removed.
~Therril Oreb
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> why is epicduel dead?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition