Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

War Penalties

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> War Penalties
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2016 12:21:10   
SonicTbear

Basically, the Exiles have won this war, just like the las few wars in a row. I'm an Exile, but only because they're the heroes of the story and I play as a hero if given the choice to choose between being good or evil. But as an Exile, I hate seeing my alignment having members who join that faction only for the rewards because they win every time rather than following their (role playing) morals or thinking that "evul iz kool." Apparently, this is just one of the online MMOs of the world where Good < Evil (Did I get the symbols right?) and the only game of AE's that follows that tradition. Maybe people want to be evil, but don't want to be a tyrant (Lawfully Evil). Or they just think that the Exiles are the villains because they're rebels and/or anarchists (when the Exiles are actually supposed to be Chaotically Good). Or it could be that they want the rewards... So how do we get people to join the Legion based on a choice that isn't "they won all the wars in the game" and to cut down on some of the Exiles who choose rewards over alignment?

First, the removal of Varium war items. There are still some left so let those be bought for wars and never restock the shops again once they're gone.

Next, make alignments unchangeable during war time. If you switch during wars, you lose your influence. BUT, the reason I'm suggesting this is for the main suggestion of this thread:

War Penalties for winners...

That's right, penalties for winning alignments. I was thinking of reasons to punish winning sides. These would mostly be mid-war punishments and punishments based on the amount of times in a row that faction won. Say for example that the Exiles had a 25% lead over the Legion at like 64% to 39%. A shield would go up around a Legion based objective preventing Exiles from targeting it for a few minutes. And these penalties would worsen as an alignment wins so many wars in a row. Like during the next war, the Legion gets a head start on attacking Exile based objectives and the wait for Exiles to participate would be long, like if they won about 10 wars in a row, it would be like a day or two or longer. With anti-alignment switching in place, players can't switch to a certain side when their side is losing.

I don't know if this will be a viable solution, but this thought has been buzzing in my head since the middle of this war.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/6/2016 14:33:49   
shadow.bane

^ they idea isn't bad but switching during war is already not allowed , it's only allowed during rest time between wars ! and that varium removal thing I didn't quiet understand what you meant there ! can u be more clear about it ?
and we all know majority of players are exile cause the winning side is already known before the war starts lol so people switched exile to win that's it , it's nothing to do with being evil or good o.o as far as I know like 99 % of the people ik in game don't care about being good or evil they just want to win a war prize .

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/6/2016 14:53:53   
SonicTbear

That's what I'm saying. Nobody cares about good or evil or brains or brawns or dragons or tigers as one side wins everything and everything with rewards in it in the end. Also, I'd assume they'd disable the "Join the (Alignment)!" button during war time. At least I know now that it doesn't work. XD

People usually buy stuff to use in the war for Varium like bombs and stuff. I was using the term "war item" because "war items" are more than just bombs. Most people refer to them as bombs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/6/2016 15:01:29   
shadow.bane

what I suggest is this for wars
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/6/2016 15:49:52   
Lord Machaar

That's not how you fix the war, penalizing an alignment because of a broken war system.
The current war system works with war filter aka only facing players from the other alignment. I don't know if you have an idea about war filter, but it got removed thanks to the drop in player base.
Therefore allowing battles between cross-alignment players only can elongate the wait time for battles, especially 2vs2 ones.

And that's exactly where is the problem, exiles are like 7 times more than legion players (talking about active players), and when a war goes on, basically exile players keep fighting each other in PVP battles, getting drops, and winning the war. In other words exiles can win without legions actually playing the war, which is a bit absurd.

OWA already made a "War Redux" thread that treats all these problems, including the excessive Pay2Win aspect of the war. I hope the devs take in consideration these points and fix them in the next cycle of wars.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/6/2016 16:55:32 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
2/6/2016 16:46:06   
One Winged Angel1357

Most of the war changes that went into effect for Central Station where the ones that could be implemented in the time permitting between the weekly meeting post that threads creation and the war starting. So what we got for this war was some changes that could be implemented very quickly and as Charfade stated in a GD thread we don't want to update the war system while the war is live because it opens up the channel for claims of the dev's rigging the war.

That is all a very long winded way of saying the devs are not finished with their planned changes the war system based on player feedback in the War 2.0 Redux thread
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/6/2016 16:49:38   
goldslayer1

Not supported.
The playerbase shouldn't have to be punished for due to a broken war system.

Shadow bane made a similar thread and here was my reply, It also applies to this topic since they're pretty much the same.

quote:

Cant really help it in this situation without rigging the results. The players chose the outcome of this, and right now there's more Exiles than Legion, just like before there was more Legion than Exiles.

If players dont choose the change, then I dont think it should be altered. Since the whole point of this is based on player's choice.

What would be better to fix this imbalance issue is having a war that's completely un-related to Legion/Exile.
And randomly give the players a side, without letting them choose. Only then could you split it 50/50.

An example, Wolves vs Eagles (Random name for each side)
The game randomly places players on a side after the player opts in to the war.
And it has to be Opt-in based, so inactive players dont count.

This allows the game to balance things out better.
So if the Wolves are winning the war 250-180, then when more players opt in, the game can accommodate this balance issue by placing more players on the Eagles team, thus balancing things out better. This is fluctuating balance.

You're never going to achieve balance in wars in the current system, because the sides are predetermined.
There's more active Exiles than Legions ATM and no update is going to, or should change that.

EDIT: To add to this, the majority of rewards should be productivity based. So no matter who wins, players can still get rewards based on their productions.
Achievements only for the winners.

@OWA
Where would I find this redux thread?
I'd like to make a suggestion.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/6/2016 16:50:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/6/2016 16:54:29   
One Winged Angel1357

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=22094029 I'll pass word to Therril and Battle Elf to get on the thread of necro bumping for the time being

EDIT: Rip me for not counting. Oh well not really important

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 2/6/2016 16:58:35 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/6/2016 16:57:15   
Lord Machaar

^ It hasn't been more than 15 days since the last reply on that thread.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> War Penalties
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition