Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Implement this to even out the sides. Now

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Implement this to even out the sides. Now
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2016 14:55:29   
The berserker killer

To be honest, devs, I would really like for you guys to consider making the dailys for each alignment different. What I mean by this is that WD, 1v1, 2v2 and Jugg championships/dailys wont be awarded to just the faction with the most wins or influence that day. Instead it would be awarded to both the top legion and exile factions of that day .

Why you ask? Well players mainly like 1 thing more than anything and that 1 thing is called "winning". A player would choose to win over any thing else which is why so many players want to become exile. We have the heavy spenders and, in war, only 1 side can be rewarded with the war prize. So follow a long with me for 1 minute.

By making those rewards go to the top legion and exile factions, instead of just 1, there are 2 chances to win the daily or WD: Legion and Exile. In its current state exile top wins are an average of 1400 1v1s and 380 2v2s (jug is a different story since theres not really a challenge there).

But for Legion? The highest legion fac wins you're going to see, for now at least until this idea is implemented, is an average of only 300 1v1 wins, about 100 2v2s and, once again, jug is a different story.

So what'll happen then? Well players love winning. If it is that easy for any legion faction to win 1v1 or 2v2, plenty of players would switch in no time to "abuse" this feature.

Almost done. So Players switch over, create a legion faction, get all happy with winning daily legion championships back to back and before you know it more and more players switch over. This feature will, undoubtedly balance out the sides.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
2/6/2016 16:55:46   
goldslayer1

Not supported.

The players decide the balance of Legion and Exile.
Back in Gamma and early Delta, there were more Legions than Exiles. The opposite of today.

In fact, World Domination promotes factions to spread out between Legion/Exile to maximize WD captures. (This applies to Beta, Gamma, and Omega)

If there's a glut of Exile factions, they're gonna have a harder time getting WDs because there's more high level factions to compete against.
If some went Legion, they'd have an easier time getting WDs on Legion side.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/7/2016 20:33:33   
The berserker killer

OK then whats your solution
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
2/7/2016 21:01:04   
goldslayer1

My solution
Too big to quote. But that's a big portion of it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/7/2016 21:25:31   
The berserker killer

The thing with suggestions like that is that it will take the devs about a year to create something even remotely close to that whereas with this suggestion it will only take them not even a week. Simpler, quicker and just as effective
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
2/7/2016 21:52:48   
goldslayer1

@Berserker
This is yet another suggestion by you, which would cause inflation in faction accolades.
The same problem your suggestion for faction rewards had, is the same problem this suggestion has.

Since the beginning of ED, 1v1 and 2v2 (And later juggernaut) faction dailies have always been awarded to the highest winner, regardless of alignment.

Ill give you an example, and its with WDs.
During Beta and Gamma, WDs were awarded twice a day. 1 for Exile and 1 for Legion.
This is how Death Syndicate X (Exile) and Legit (Legion) have so many WDs. Both of these factions mostly played in Beta and Gamma.

This system was changed for Delta phase. It only awarded 1 WD for the faction with most influence in the winning alignment.
This is why Control Alt Death has 84 WDs depsite having 167 1v1 Dailies. They mostly played mostly in Delta.

This was changed AGAIN, in Omega. It awarded 2 a day like in Beta and Gamma, one for highest Exile and Legion.
This is how Dark Vengeance (Exile) have 167 WDs, and Meganet (Legion) have 170 WDs. Both of these factions mostly played in Omega.

So you have these factions in the top 5.
Meganet: 170 WDs
Dark Vengeance: 169 WDs
Death Syndicate X: 167 WDs
Legit: 149 WDs
Control Alt Death: 84 WDs.

Compare Control Alt Death to Meganet in 1v1 Dailies.
CAD: 167 1v1 dailies
Meganet: 159 1v1 dailies

You could make the argument here, that had the system not been switched for Delta from what it was in Beta, Gamma and Omega, then CAD would have just as many if not more WDs than Meganet. This is what inflation (Or in the case of WDs for CAD, deflation) does.

If you do the same with 1v1, 2v2, and juggernaut dailies, then you are severely marginalizing the accomplishments of EVERY faction that has won any daily award in the past.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/7/2016 21:54:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/7/2016 22:29:30   
The berserker killer

I really would like to read that all but with all due respect im not going to because im not focused on the past and some has-been factions that mean next to nothing to me. Sorry. I do acknowledge your thread/suggestion though. It is not a bad one, but then again "bad" is a matter of opoinion based on ones perception so IMO it is not a bad one.

Everyones entitled to their own suggestions

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/7/2016 22:31:41 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
2/7/2016 22:56:39   
goldslayer1

quote:

I really would like to read that all but with all due respect im not going to

Dont bother saving face by saying "with all due respect" if you aren't even gonna bother reading.

Tell me, how did you come up with your estimate that it would take over a year to implement my idea if you didn't even read it, as opposed to yours which already has precedent for causing problems?
You keep saying that you dont care and the past doesn't matter, yet you keep suggesting things that in some form were tried in the past and already made big mistakes.

How would you feel if the devs implemented a feature which basically cut the value all of your wins in half?
Instead of
1v1: 32,046 now it'll be 16,023
2v2: 5,164 now it'll be 2,582

I dont think you'd be happy at such an update, and that's basically what you would be doing for dailies. and for no other reason than "players like winning".
If you want to win, quit being a pansy and put in the effort like every faction before had to do to win.

Its disrespectful to the work and effort factions did before.
Its bad enough that dailies are already easier than before, now you want to make it twice as easy than it already is.

Looking at the 1v1 faction daily today, the top faction has 864 wins.
That win total would be a joke compared to factions of Beta, Gamma, and Delta who were accustomed to getting 3k+ wins a day between multiple factions.
Individual players would get more wins than that for individual dailies.

No Legion faction in the top 5.
Under your flawed and inflated system suggestion, you would be awarding a daily to a Legion faction that has less than 500 wins despite there being atleast 4 other Exile factions (Not including the top faction) having more wins.

So faction dailies are already pretty easy, I dont see a reason to make them even easier just because.

You continue to show a lack of empathy for old players and factions and its negatively affecting your suggestions.
I guess everyone's entitled to their own suggestions, that doesn't make them goods.

quote:

im not focused on the past and some has-been factions that mean next to nothing to me.

Such has-been that you have to double the rewards and make it easier to pass them right?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/7/2016 23:13:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/7/2016 23:26:41   
The berserker killer

I see you have some questions I can answer so please forgive me if I just skim through the post and just go to the question marks. Once again the past does not matter to me.

1) I would not mind. I just play this game for fun and for winning. Once again it seems as if youre focusing on the past which is fine and I do urge you to create a thread in general discusions about reminiscing about the past. I feel as if that would be very beneficial to a player such as yourself.

2) No I could care less about the rewards. I only play to win and for enjoyment.

I do urge you to offer constructive criticism and/or alternate suggestions. Any more questions and I would be glad to answer them.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
2/7/2016 23:45:21   
goldslayer1

quote:

2) No I could care less about the rewards. I only play to win and for enjoyment.

Besides the fact that what you just said contradicts yourself, why bother suggesting this then?

You dont care about the awards, you dont care about the game, you dont care about previous players, you dont care about previous factions, and you dont care what problems your suggestions would cause in the game.
So why make the suggestion? There's absolutely no good reason to implement what you're suggesting here aside from inflating egos.

Your postings are a joke.
You ask for "constructive criticism" and "alternate suggestions" but you dont bother reading them. And you admit to this.
On top of that, you post suggestions in a demanding tone and attitude.
Bad troll is bad.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/7/2016 23:47:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/8/2016 0:02:01   
The berserker killer

Hello I see you have some more questions regarding the suggestion.

1) I suggest ideas because I am an active player on EpicDuel who would like to see some more fun brought in this game not for me but for present/future players. We must evolve and leave the has-beens in the past. Now it appears that you have some assumptions about me that just seem to be, mainly assumptions, and I can not do anything to change that. We are all different people with different ideas and different personalities and that's what is truly beautiful about us I do not think I have contradicted myself, but I do suggest this idea simply because I can.

2) Refer to number 1

Anymore questions and I would be more than happy to answer them. I do apologize that I skim through your replies but they seem to be in a aggressive tone so in my personal opinion I will just skim through to the question marks and answer your questions.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/8/2016 0:05:03 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Implement this to even out the sides. Now
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition