Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Azrael

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Azrael
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2016 0:53:01   
The berserker killer

Azraels anguish needs a level requirement. Specifically speaking a level 35 weapon requirement as it would only make it fair to the lower level players and players in juggernaut.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
2/9/2016 1:34:51   
Silver Sky Magician

Sorry to ask this, but could you record a video showing any Azrael's Anguish abuse at lower levels? I don't have the characters to see this myself and fairly evaluate the problem.
Post #: 2
2/9/2016 2:13:10   
The berserker killer

Im sorry but I really can't because if that hasn't been figured out by now that new players cant even enjoy this game because they weren't around to buy a single weapon then that's just sad. Especially after referring this game to a friend who lost nearly 200 matches not because of his inexperience but because nearly each and eveyy player close to his level had azraels anguish. I mean cmon the abuse at lower levels is clear and I would love to record a video but I seriously can't. Im just tired of offering changes to this game if something as clear as varium weapon abuse at lower levels, not only azraels, is prevalent. I mean having a mod ask "what do the green things do" when referring to legendary points was a lot, especially since he was one of the main individuals who had a say in nerfing legendary mode and implementing underdog. Then another one wasn't aware that shift-click could apply 5 stats at a time. Another one decided to change the gun scale to dex without balancing it properly the first time for 3-4 months. And another one decided that fireball nerfing the opponents stats by 5% (I think) for a single turn was a good fix?

Im sorry that's not directed towards anyone but I can't make a video. Devs, testers and mods need to just do their jobs. Especially the testers. I'd be happy to help test but I am not a tester. As a moderator though you should try making a new account and check it out

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/9/2016 2:17:17 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
2/9/2016 20:19:06   
  Exploding Penguin

I don't understand how it could be worse at low levels. It sounds like it would have less effect since strikes are typically always a decent attack option at lower levels due to the lack of skill points or clearly defined builds.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/10/2016 0:27:14   
The berserker killer

At the lower level strikes aren't what they really do. They stat spam, dex spam, sup spam, even focus builds. Try it
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
2/10/2016 8:35:39   
shadow.bane

^ I don't think it needs a level req it only need a 1 or 2 turns warm up so it wont be a pain in 2 vs 2 and jugg
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/10/2016 12:04:03   
The berserker killer

A warm up requirement is only bandaiding the problem. A level requirement is fixing it. I really do suggest you guys try playing the game at a lower level, as a new player, and see if this game is pretty fair to new/incoming players. All seasonal weapons should have a level requirement, even robots. I don't understand why there aren't any already.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
2/10/2016 19:09:57   
  Exploding Penguin

How low are we talking when we say low levels
Epic  Post #: 8
2/10/2016 21:44:19   
The berserker killer

Im specifically speaking about the levels 1-25. Believe me, I really do encourage you guys to actually try creating a new character and playing this game as a new player. Pretend you're someone who's starting off for the first time. There needs to be a level requirement on these weapons,
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
2/10/2016 23:27:42   
  Exploding Penguin

I don't think it affects levels 1-5 or so, 1-25 is a really big range to evaluate the impact of the core on the lower levels.

While I haven't made a new character in ages, I'm fairly certain the lower-level meta has generally stayed the same where it's far more centric on outdamaging opponents and not paying too much heed to field medic and cyclic battles, at least for levels 1-15 or maybe even 1-20. Not to mention that max energy is lower at low levels and energy regeneration is a lot weaker without the proper amount of levels or skill point investment. All of these factors working together really leads me to believe that a fairly high-cost core which does reduced damage in a level range where strikes matter more than they do in higher levels won't have that much of an impact. Success with the core is most likely attributed to the fact that most higher levels have learned to play around the core over the past years but the lower levels have trouble coping with the concept that they don't have full control over their planned damage output over the next few turns.

Basically, I'm not entirely sure the core is actually that busted in lower levels; success with it is probably more attributed to lower levels having less experience than higher levels when playing around the core.
Epic  Post #: 10
2/11/2016 0:14:17   
JohnMenzies

you wouldneed to put level requirements on all items once again, which i don't see wrong with
Epic  Post #: 11
2/11/2016 0:55:31   
The berserker killer

That's just assumption. I highly encourage you to start a new account, act as if youre a new player, and try playing this game. From levels 1-25 youre fighting stat spammers with seasonal weapons that any new player from level 1-25 wouldn't possibly know about hence adding on the handicap of being underpowered, and underequipped while being inexperienced.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
2/11/2016 6:38:18   
shadow.bane

ummm @berserker I have a level 14 am playing on sometimes and using dark varium blaster and I assure I have no problem with Azrael's users ! idk you might be having a bad day with RNG or something ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/11/2016 12:07:52   
The berserker killer

One again, as a level 14 you'll be fine. Maybe also because you had that account for a while. But I wasn't h eone playing. I recommended this game to 2 players and the first one keeps getting annihilated by varium gear while the 2nd one simply gets 2 pieced. As new players you have nothing, no varium gear, no promos, nothing. Whats so wrong with a level requirement on levels 1-35 that will not only aid players in juggernaut, but will encourage players to keep playing as low levels while simultaneously discouraging alts
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
2/11/2016 13:28:12   
racing.lo.mas

I have been playing with an alt level 9 and I have fought a lot of players with azrael and frozen gears.
A level 11 had the best weapons in the game.
In all games the best weapons are granted to the highest levels. When you level up, you are allowed to get better weapons.
Except in ED.

Azrael gun is not a big problem at low levels (2-18) because players with the gun never force you to strike. It gets hard after level 20 when losing really means something.
But there are other weapons that makes low levels hard, for example bots.
I have fought players with different kind of bots and they were impossible to beat. At low levels (like the one I mentioned) you can do a max of 110 damage using your skills and your auxiliar. Once you are out of energy, you cant do that much (excluding aux).
Players with bots can do over 130 damage everytime they want unlike skills.

I also have fought players with generator, they also were hard to kill. They are getting health without losing. Getting energy is a big advantage because a normal player dont have chance of stealing it. The energy they are getting from generator can be enough for another heal or a strong skill.
And they are getting this big advantage just because they have played in the gifts event (or varium).
Its not fair that a player cant get a single win just because he has missed an event.

So, I think bots and gears with cores should have a level requeriment, but depending in their value. For example: bots with requeriment of level 25, frozen gear level 20, azrael guns level 35, azrael auxs level 20, etc.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 2/11/2016 13:32:38 >
Epic  Post #: 15
2/13/2016 17:57:08   
The berserker killer

Thank you for actually testing it out, which is something that our testers should be doing. I'm not throwing shade on them but they should really be testing every aspect of this game at least once a month. I understand that they're busy but this is their job, even if they volunteer this is their job and if they cant do their job effectively then its not a bad thing. It's just time to find someone else.

I mean they could have seen, just like you and I have, that a level requirement for the weapons and bots you have stated is in need. Absolutely. And now since matchmaking is evened out because of underdog, hence making fights a little bit more fair (so they say) and offering a ton of rewards for being a higher leveled player, now is the time to do it since (using the level requirements you have stated) a level 19 without frozen gear vs a lvl 20 with frozen gear wouldn't have that much of an impact.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
2/13/2016 22:50:14   
racing.lo.mas

Check this...

In 2vs2, the azrael weapons starts to work after level 15. There are a lot of 2vs2 players with the azrael gear.
The matches are like the fights we can see at level 40.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/14/2016 8:06:25   
shadow.bane

I am currently leveling up my alt account to level 20 and test out juggernaut and 2 vs 2 in the presence of Azrael's gear with my enemies and will tell u the results !
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Azrael
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition