Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Community Postivity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Community Postivity
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2016 7:25:03   
shadow.bane

Moderators List

The only one not in this list is Faded Echo ! he's the newest while everyone else are old staff members.

Past and new mods there is not that noticeable change in names of mods. some quit some stayed few new.

You can't blame moderators for such thing ! they aren't always around they only are required to do 10 hours a week they don't get paid for their job ! only get some var and gear for what they do and some even don't accept to take they buy lol !

Blame players for this, blame parents for not raising a good child , blame the player's unclean unrespectable tongues, blame EGO of some player thinking they are better than other players while everyone is equal.

Edit : and yeah sparhawk , along with Faded Echo are the only 2 omega moderators !

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 2/12/2016 7:29:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/12/2016 8:24:54   
goldslayer1

quote:

As for now, 90% of mods are mods because of personal interests (getting all gear, free Varium and whatnot), unlike before when such individuals were chosen based on their interest in-game, hence why most of them are on PVP lbs (Wiseman, Dax, Donna Matrix..)

Dont wanna start an flame war here, but I think you dont remember war cannons...

quote:

mods chosen because well, they know the head mod,

Again not trying to start a flame war...
A good chunk of mods came from under Dax or Wiseman. (They were certainty in their respective factions for a long time)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/12/2016 8:25:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/12/2016 9:26:29   
One Winged Angel1357

Just want to chime in the only time you got free things on the team is when you made it yourself, same goes for players suggesting gear and getting it free, or when a new promo is launched and we all became part of the marketing arm of EpicDuel

The time of getting free stuff whenever you asked is long gone and has been gone for at least two years.

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 2/12/2016 9:27:58 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/12/2016 11:20:09   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Let me add to the conversation here that there will be no badmouthing forum or game staff in any manner.
We choose players not for who we know. Neither does any of us do it for any "Free stuff". We volunteer because we want to help and no other reason.

So if this thread starts revolving around the moderators or any other members, I will shut this thread down.
Same goes if this thread goes in any other direction other than discussing the community and the communication happening between players.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
2/12/2016 12:14:08   
Lord Machaar

OWA:
I think you have to update your info about perks mods get. If you want some names/info, PM me. I'm not talking about guest members.

As to reply to those who say: Only players take the responsability of the current community negativity.
Take any civilized country, not even a third world country, and take off or implement a corrupted police system and you will notice how most civilized people let go of their basic ethics, as for uncivilized people, well. The country will become a jungle, where the strong eats the weak, no rules and no laws.
Same thing can be said about ED, players find freedom, thus allowing themselves to say/do whatever they want. And as the quote goes: "Too much freedon, undercuts freedom".
In the end, the game is full of kids, they lack the sense of responsability, which is totally a normal thing, the company itself allows players from all age groups to join its games. And also the company tells parents that the game is well moderated for your kids to play in, do we see this? Absolutely not.

AE clearly states in its ToS, that parents can let their kids play any AE game with 0 worries. I can't deny that the in-game missions, stories, etc...etc.. will help a bunch kids to learn new words and whatnot, this can be said for RPG (Offline) games only, but in online ones (ED/AQW), what do we see? Instead of kids learning something useful, they are learning all types of cursing words, and get 101 class on how to bully someone. It's a kid, with a fresh brain, can learn anything rapidly, and do just as what he or she saw. Sadly, AE games in general now are full of grown adults with bad communication habits, sadly transferring this habit to a whole generation of kids. This means one thing, it will never end.

Mods are not paid, they are volunteers, this means two things:
- They are not obliged to join the team.
- They are obliged to do whatever task they are asked to do, ofcourse, modding-related.
This means if you are not willing to serve a good cause which is keeping the game a good place, don't join the team, and let somebody else more passionate to take over, no one forced you in the first place.
Just because mods are volunteers, that doesn't mean they can do whatever they want, sure a non-paid volunteer (with perks), you accepted to do several tasks. Not able to? Let someone else take the place. Same can be said about any other staff position in the team (Tester, mods, guest artist, etc...).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/12/2016 12:29:36 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 30
2/12/2016 14:50:32   
The berserker killer

@Sonic & @8x: Well the thing is that you guys are solely speaking about players however it goes much deeper than that. If you two buy varium on a regular basis then im sure you were around for the series of nerfs on promo weapons/items by devs such as the bloodhawk mutation (the bike) . Being the most expensive bike in game, players decided to purchase that to be exclusive. Yet when devs gave it to people for simply opening gifts, a lot of varium players began to complain.
What that showed was that devs do not respect varium players who pay real money to enjoy this game, as they absolutely should (and if they do not respect the players then they can at least respect Varium in and of itself). Consequently many free players supported the devs decision, and even lashed out against Varium players. That's when things really started to get bad in omega. If the devs cant even respect varium players, or varium itself, then how can you expect the free players to show any sign of respect towards varium players? In their minds, just like it is in mine, we are doing something wrong by buying varium and promo packages since every time we do buy something it either gets offered to free players in gifts (Blood Hawk mutation, Kazeroth statue, Kazeroth Wep), or it gets nerfed. Both of which feel like a form of punishment that categorize varium players as "bad".

Once again, that's my own opinion . I don't need help being swayed to think anything else because I mainly pay attention to the facts and, based on the facts, that is the most reasonable conclusion. Sure the devs don't think that much into their decisions but that only means that they are ignorant enough to think that their decisions won't affect anyones mindset of them nor will it tarnish their reputation. Ultimately, ignorance is a form of disrespect. And the fact that I have to put that primary sentence in nearly every other post on forums just goes to show how hostile this environment can be.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 2/12/2016 14:54:57 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 31
2/12/2016 16:34:29   
8x

@The berserker killer
I thought that you were talking about the free players having to show respect to the varium players, but now that you've explained it further, I see what you meant. I wouldn't know about any of the recent bad decisions that devs might have made (since I'm not as active as I use to be), but there are plenty of mistakes that they've made in the past (most of them were unintentional, but they still made plenty of players (especially varium players) angry and feel disrespected (myself included)).

Epic  Post #: 32
2/12/2016 17:42:49   
SonicTbear

@Tbk: First off, I can see why people were angry at the staff for making Blood Hawk Mutation available to all players, but I do not see why they need to be angry. Because even if it's not an in-battle cosmetic that goes with you into battle or helps you in some way while remaining invisible to everyone, it's still a cosmetic. And a useless one at that. Yes, it makes you go faster, but it does not help nor hinder people in any way... In battle... It may cause lag outside of battle and some give you access to special emotes, but that's about it. Nothing in battle. Secondly, Kezeroth's weapons didn't have any cores, but for Varium items or packages that have been nerfed, they might have been too OP. And if you consider Varium item to free item a nerf, it's not. A nerf weakens the item. If anyone can get access to it, it's not weakening. I'm not disagreeing with you about currency switches, it's just that "nerf" is not the correct term to use to describe that. And again, it's cosmetics. It's not important to the game. And they wouldn't make anything too OP for free players useless or available to everyone just to disrespect Varium players. This game isn't P2W because again, you can still be a Varium player with a good build and lose to a free player with either the same or a better build without luck. Paying just increases your win ratio which can never be 100%. If it was, THEN it'd be P2W. If we help keep the game afloat, then yes, the staff needs to respect us. And they do. If this company were Electronic Arts however, that'd be a-whole-nother story.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 2/12/2016 17:47:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/12/2016 20:06:56   
Lord Machaar

Non-var players who received the BloodHawk Mutation/Kezeroth Set have well deserved that prize, being present for 27 days means a lot:
- You actually logged in.
- A bigger player base.
- You will inevitably see what's new in-game.

Daily prizes are a great incentive for players to log in each day and check the game. And ED is one of the very few games that do not have such system.
Therefore, a single daily prize system per year wouldn't hurt anyone.
We shouldn't be hypocrites, Yes for brining players, but No for giving sacrifices. That's how it works in order to bring players back.

I see 0 relation between efforts made by the devs to bring players back to actually check what's new in-game. And between respecting them.
Respect is earned not given. No one should be respected based on how much he or she spent in-game. Period.
We should let go of some of our hypocrisy. It's funny how players now get upset about few "cosmetic" items, that worth absolutely nothing, given to players who sticked with the game long enough, for almost a month, logging in everyday. There is nothing wrong about that.
But would I blame such players who throw such allegations and accusations? Absolutely not, because they did not live in the enhancements era, where in 1 update, enhancements that are literally worth thousands of dollars were taken out, bam, just like that, they didn't hold back, not even say anything about it. If you say "Egg zooka bug", "Bloodhawk mutation/Kezeroth Set" is disrespectful varium, then what can we say about enhancements removal?

Anyone buying varium after enhancements removal knows very well that buying anything with varium is not eternal, always expect anything from the devs in order to solve a matter.
Devs removed enhancements that are worth thousands of dollars to balance the game.
I do not see how devs won't give varium items as a daily prize, varium cosmetics that are worth basically nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to what enhancements costed. I do not either see a problem with that, want players back, there are costs, whether it's balance or whatnot, sacrifices are going to be made. Period.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/12/2016 20:23:19 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 34
2/12/2016 20:42:07   
goldslayer1

quote:

where in 1 update, enhancements that are literally worth thousands of dollars got taken out, bam, just like that.

This one pissed off a LOT of varium players.

And yeah there are plenty of players (especially old players) who spent well over $1K on this game.
Most of it in the drain in Omega.
Heck, there were some items where the enhancements cost more than the weapon itself.

I'm not gonna fault varium players for clamoring to not be disrespected, given how many updates there's been that were against them.
They definitely have a right to be disrespected when everything they paid for was just stripped away in a single update.

I think most non-vars have/had no idea how much it cost to stay atop in the varium dominated ED.
Especially when level caps were increasing and balance kept changing, thus forcing class changes and new sets of weapons to stay competitive.
Monthly promos with new sets of gear stronger than previous generation, and each time with different kinds of stats.
Now its one gear fits all.

So when I see complaints or arguing over the "unfairness" over cosmetics, I just find it pathetic.
they got equality through stats across weps, now some people want it in cosmetics.

Give them a foot and they ask for a mile. (This one applies to lots of things)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/12/2016 20:43:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/13/2016 0:58:01   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

where in 1 update, enhancements that are literally worth thousands of dollars got taken out, bam, just like that.

Lol, that was nothing compared to the leader board that was removed... Been soo long can't even remember the name. Anyway.. That was converted into influence making the game un-fair to f2p. Because just playing in war, which itself happens once in few months, a f2p player cannot earn that kind of influence compared to varium players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
2/13/2016 1:40:37   
goldslayer1

@Soul Prisoner
War Cannons Leaderboard?
That's another one.
Players on those LBs spent like $10K on war cannons.
Then *Poof* "Here's an achievement for using war cannons!"
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/13/2016 7:16:47   
shadow.bane

^ actually they didn't give them anything @goldslayer1 ! it was an achievement upon the use and daily that's it after they took it out they didn't give them anything lol ! 2 cheevos were artillery master and warlord that's it .

Edit : the name was war kills leaderboard ! lol i remember dragonwawa, smackie & mocta 3 etc ... on it like it was yesterday :/

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 2/13/2016 7:19:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/13/2016 7:27:48   
SouL Prisoner

Yup. That's the one. I was really shocked when they took it down. I mean the amount of money spent on that LB was crazy and how more would have been spent in future... you can only imagine.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/13/2016 9:13:26   
goldslayer1

@Shadow
There was also that 808 guy (His name was all numbers) who in the top 3, and had another alt in the LB.
I believe there was also 2 Wawas in the top 5. (I remember dragonwawa telling me it wasn't an alt)
Yeah I confused the cheevo part, I confused it from when they took away flags.

They did more for flags and than war kill LBs.
At least with the flags you got a cheevo specifying how much tokens you've donated.

It would be cool to see those player's opinion on that update that removed war cannons.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/13/2016 9:24:10   
Lord Machaar

^ I think based on enhancements removal and war kills removal, some players should stop feeling disrespected because of the egg zooka bug, or bloodhawk mutation given as a daily prize. Makes them look cheap.

If someone feels disrespected by the devs because of such decisions, I simply suggest that person to quit the game rather than feel direspected about it, because, well, all of us agreed on the ToS, the first time we joined the game, everything you buy or achieve doesn't belong to you.
http://puu.sh/n6omP/26d07608cc.png
Source: http://www.artix.com/pages/terms-and-conditions
I think everything in the red box is pretty clear, and every player, agreed to that rule.

The long to answer to why war kills/enhancements removal was balance and etc.... and etc.... and etc......, the short is, because they simply can and they are not obliged to give any compensations. This is a truth, you may not hear it from the devs/game staff, because it is harsh and might scare off players, but there you go, now you hear it from me.
Players who were affected by the enhancements/war kills removal, understood that, and quitted the game, no drama, no whinning, hence why only few, very few of them are still playing, for a reason or another (including me).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/13/2016 9:41:32 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 41
2/13/2016 17:49:37   
The berserker killer

@Sonic: "And again, it's cosmetics. It's not important to the game". It's that thinking, ignorance (not to be disrespectful) that is, ultimately, the source of disrespect in the game. To some players that was just a cosmetic when to others, who paid real money for that bike, it was an opportunity to differentiate ourselves from the rest of the community. I could care less whether its a cosmetic or not, I earned it. I have entitled myself to it. I have supported the game, and used my real money to pay for a cosmetic that will not help me in battle and, coming from me, that means a lot because I rarely care about anything that doesn't help with PVP. Like that Kazeroth Statue and Wep I bought which were also given to free players for simply logging in. That's total nonsense. It's completely my opinion however, the conclusion that I can draw from the series of facts is that the devs were being ignorant and that ignorance is a huge sign of disrespect. I can't see some players comments here because I ended up blocking them a long time ago but it looks like the conversation is steered towards enhancements and to be quite honest I didn't care about enhancements. I was a very influential character on my alt when enhancements were around, I wont release that characters name but shes on an all time board, but devs did what they had to do for the future of the game and they often did not make changes as drastic as that. But now? Well, now they give varium items and weapons to free players FOR FREE. That's a fact, and that's ignorant and that is, ultimately, disrespectful. And if the devs cant even respect varium, then how can they expect their players to respect varium or varium players? I do believe that is a huge source of this decline in Community Positivity, which is what the thread is about. Once again, its my own opinion.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 42
2/13/2016 19:30:19   
goldslayer1

quote:

because they simply can and they are not obliged to give any compensations.

I personally never liked those kinds of ToS in games.

But anyway, its just bad PR.
Players aren't gonna trust the devs a third time after they did that and it reflects bad on the company as well.

Ultimately in a lot of things in this modern day, good PR is more important or better than the product they advertise.

@The berserker killer
I can agree with that.

I'm of the thinking that people dont know what that person had to do to earn that money, so when its disregarded like that, its disrespectful.

quote:

but devs did what they had to do for the future of the game

I dont think anybody expected the game to head in the direction it did when people were playing in Beta/Gamma/Delta.
Omega was hugely hyped (More hyped than Delta with new classes) among the ED community and it failed to deliver that hype. A lot of people were disappointed by that.

There's a couple features/changes that they did that were good ideas in theory, where they just botched the execution.
Had they done those features/changes in a different way (Like people suggested in forums) then the quality of the game would be better right now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/13/2016 20:04:36   
SonicTbear

@Tbk: I never tried to change your opinion or say it was dumb and I can see why you're angry. And again, this is not Electronic Arts. Or should not be. The devs do and should care about us Varium players and ALL players at that, not the money we choose to throw at them. I'm not attempting to stand up for them here, but it would be a low-down dirty shame if we paid them and they didn't even give two craps about us. And if they were to disrespect Varium players, then they'd only care about the money which means they don't care about ANY players, free or Varium.

Also, AE had a bad year last year with their biggest success being the AQ3D Kickstarter. So most of the game (ED) is dead because of it. (Not because of AQ3D, but the bad year; I just mentioned the Kickstarter because that was the best and possibly good thing that AE dealt with last year.) Staff were laid off due to financial issues, so that lead to more problems. Some volunteers decided to call it quits. Games died. ED isn't dead yet because it's still being updated. MQ is trying to get previous holiday releases out. PVP, HS, and OS have not been updated in... well... (Insert Fall Out Boy song here)... So those games are dead for sure. They couldn't help it. I felt bad about bad-mouthing AQW and their flaws last year after reading the letter. I still don't think it's the best game, but it's definitely not horrible and will get better with the re-write. I still to this day talk about quitting for WoW. The state AQW and ED is not driving me away from AE to WoW. I would stay with AE, but... well... I'd love to talk about it, but sadly, it's against the rules...

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 2/13/2016 20:20:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/13/2016 21:00:41   
Lord Machaar

Exactly goldslayer1. Everyone now is buying varium on their own risk.
The era where varium used to be the ultimate advantage is long gone (You and me know very very well how much advantage gave). Expecting to be "Sacred", "Godlike" or "Respected" from buying varium is a funny joke now. Respect by all means is earned, wherever and whenever.

Varium should've never given a huge advantage, should've never made players feel that buying varium must give an advantage. But sadly devs didn't have a choice, they started small, and you can tell how much desperate they were for money. Building over the years a fake player base, especially paying ones, who always expected something from varium, not just anything but always the best. And you can see the effects of this, till now, especially after the implantation of Omega phase, when devs reached a financially stable state after joining AE, real balance started taking place, first step was removing P2W aspect of the game. And as you can see, thanks to the fake playerbase, you can see how much players couldn't live with that, in fact they couldn't live a 1 single more day in-game to see what's new. Ofcourse, there are also other reasons that led to the drop of player base (Mobile games, etc.... etc...).

Sadly devs didn't belong to a big company, otherwise they could've built a legit balanced game from the beginning, where no one expects anything, from buying the in-game varium but cosmetics or shortcuts, gathering a true and dedicated playerbase that accepts any change to balance the game, no matter what are the consequences. But sadly it isn't the case, and devs had to accumulate a fake playerbase, fake players, over the 4 years, and once they decided to fix the game, the aftermath was clear.

To enlighten some "recent" players here.
Kezeroth set worths 6$ (1200 var), and Blood hawk mutation worths 7$ (1500 var). They were given to players on rare events that took place in 2 seperate years (gifting events of 2014 and 2015), for logging in each day for almost a month. 2 Varium cosmetics out of hundreds. In the end, no one lost anything.
Enhancements on the other hand weren't given to players, they were taken away. Enhancements that are worh thousands of $$, not 6$ or 7$.
If you come here and say, "I feel more disrespected" by giving players 2 varium cosmetics, while, removing enhancements that lead to many players quitting is "not a big deal". Well, then I don't know who is the ignorant here.

Anyone who is a recent player, doesn't know how much advantage varium gave and even back then, players weren't respected based on how much varium they bought, it was the contrary, non-var players were respected because of the huge effort they did, playing in broken battle modes where varium granted a 100% win ratio. It's thanks to those players varium had an effect, it's thanks to those players the game kept going. They are the players who should be respected and praised in ED.

The game consists of 2 groups of players, those who pay and those who don't, those who pay aren't a bit, not a single bit more important than those who do not pay. Because just playing the game is itself, a contribution to the game. Especially if it's a PVP game, without the 90% non-paying players, these games will not function, make the 90% a punching bag and notice your game dying. So if anyone is looking for "respect" buying an in-game currency, especially in an AE game, I suggest you to go play AQW, ED Omega no longer grants that.

So yeah, no need to bash on devs and call them ignorants or disrespectful, and throw allegations here and there while you haven't witnessed the evolvement of ED and the different phases it went through, it might be you the ignorant one who can't take criticizim, yet criticize other people. Forums aren't made for you. And I highly suggest that forums get an age restriction because forums were never made for people who can't get over themselves.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/13/2016 21:41:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 45
2/13/2016 22:36:37   
goldslayer1

quote:

The era where varium used to be the ultimate advantage is long gone (You and me know very very well how much advantage gave)

I know this is anecdotal but it felt more like there were more varium players than non-vars at the level cap.
It gave an advantage over non-vars sure, but it was also about staying on even playing field against other vars as well.
Especially if you were playing competitively.

While stats were an advantage over non-vars, personally I think class changing was an even bigger advantage.
Playing competitively means you needed to adapt to the constant nerfing and buffing of classes/skills.

I dont want to sound like I'm exaggerating, but I've had well over a hundred class changes through out the game, up to like 1 month into Omega.
While the pendulum for balance didn't swing around that often, I always liked to be in the know of how everything worked.
This allowed me to provide competitive builds to faction-mates for whatever class they used, as well as making some balance shifting builds.

Non-vars dont have that luxury of switching classes on a whim, so if they chose Merc as their starting class, well they're out of luck.
And if they did switch, they most likely had to get new gear to match that new class. (Unless they switched from like tech mage to bloodmage)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/13/2016 22:37:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
2/14/2016 7:06:07   
Lord Machaar

^ Hence why I truly respect non-var players on all time leaderboards, or even those who were active during that era, I can give many names (New Hope, Luna moonfang in 2vs2, etc.. etc..).

These players didn't have the freedom to switch classes or even get new weapons, they were entitled to very few options when it came to weapons;
- Armor: Metal Marine armor for mercenaries http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Metal_Marine_M.
- Aux: CarrierZooka. http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Carrierzooka, for those who sticked enough since it's a seasonal aux
- Sidearm: Hypertalon: http://epicduelwiki.com/w/HyperTalon
- Primary: Mjolnir. http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Mjolnir for mercenaries. (For TMs, Caden's wrath, for
- Bot: None. Otherwise assault bot if you won it from arcade.

These were the best loot for non-var players for a very very long time. And you can simply tell if X player is a non-var or not from his or her gear. The only build for mercenary was also support. 5 Focus or strenght were not an option. On top of that enhancements were extremely hard to get, even impossible, since unlike before, you couldn't bot against NPCs or there were gifting events, so every single currency you get, you earn it, and you work very hard to get it.

To be honest I'm glad that era is over, and still wondering how did non-var players actually enjoyed the game. At least there was 2vs2, since you could be matched with a var player, hence why many non-var players chose 2vs2 over 1vs1. That's why you couldn't see many non-var players in 1vs1, giving you the impression that there are more var players in-game, it was vice versa, it's just non-var players didn't have the incentive to play in 1vs1, as active as var players.

I don't quite understand those who ask for beta phase to come back, or even gamma phase, sure there was "balance diversity", maybe, but was there balance? were there any options?
There weren't any. And if you are asking for these phases to come back just because you heard of them and never played them. Well cut the drama already and get over it. Omega is here for a reason and as an old player, I can tell how much improvements it brought. What players are currently repeating are just parols from the fake playerbase that quitted the game long ago, and sadly their words are still getting repeated, but when you compare old ED and new ED, you can clearly tell the difference, sure current ED is not in its perfect state, but it is better on many levels.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/14/2016 7:14:41 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 47
2/14/2016 9:37:57   
One Winged Angel1357

@goldslayer your thoughts actually line up with a study done on p2w. Being p2w drives sales so that you can compete on a level playing field. If you had ever lost due to the Varium stat difference, which was quiet large, the game just reminded you that you could do better if you payed for it. Now these words were never said but you could look at old gear and tell the Varium from the credits so they never needed to be said.

It is like a clock in a mobile game just begging for your cash even if you don't click on it to see the prompt
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/14/2016 11:21:19   
The berserker killer

Well sonic I just feel like they don't care and, if they do, then maybe they should start acting like it.

And yea, class changes has to be one of the biggest if not the only advantage of varium nowadays. Personally speaking I class change nearly 20-50 times a week using varium which also brings me to my next point: The repetitiveness of skills and cores. Now if I am correct, which I think I am after speaking to ranloth a while back, the reason why cores and skills were so hard to make is because they have to code them, and then balance them out. The coding part supposedly was a stressful process. Well myself and many other players have offered a ton of suggestions such as taking moves from NPCS such as Davaaril and Black Abyss and giving them to the classes to differentiate the skill trees. We have also suggested creating more cores with the same effect, just a dfferent art style for that specific season. For example, valentines day would have a core that has the same effect as meteor strike but rains hearts.

The coding would be the same, just change the animation and bang. There goes a release. Wouldn't take anyone more than a week. But to wait months on end for a single update? That's disrespectful, once more, for the devs to do and if they cant respect the players then how can they expect the players to respect eachother? Lead by example. That is also a huge problem of community positivity.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 49
2/14/2016 12:14:13   
goldslayer1

@Lord Machaar
Well in 2v2 the difference wasn't as big as it was in 1v1.
I'd say it was pretty uncommon to see matches with 4 varium players.
At the end of the day, a level cap non-var is still better than a player 5 levels lower than the rest with no gear.

Merc was bad for 1v1, but its arguable that it was the best for 2v2 at any point in the game during beta and gamma (except maybe during heal loop era for tech mages).
It was certainly the best option for non-vars in 2v2 since they had passive armor.
TM and BH seemed to be reliant on focus for those modes.

I think when old players want old phases back, its not the non-var vs var dynamic that they want back.
But rather the competitive, fun, and strategy aspects of the game.

I dont disagree that Omega has some good ideas, but I disagree on their implementation. But IMO it also had some negative or contradicting changes as well.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Community Postivity
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition