Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= March 24th, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.60

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= March 24th, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.60
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/24/2016 12:20:57   
Optimise

quote:

March 24, 2016
Patch Notes - 1.6.60

NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • Fortune City War Activation!
  • New Mission Chain
    • Murdoc’s Massive Mess-Up (Captain Murdoc)
  • New Fightable NPCs
    • Conductor
    • Steve 2.0
    • Captain Murdoc
    • Dage the Evil
  • New Achievements
    • Evolving Easter Egg Achievement
    • Conductor’s Cap
    • Steve 2.0’s Chassis
    • Murdoc’s Helm
    • Dage's Helm
  • Armors
    • Havok Armor (war prize)
    • Steve 2.0's Chassis (Sold at Steve 2.0)
    • Legendary Paladin Armor M (Sold at Exquisite Legendary Arsenal)
    • Legendary Paladin Armor F (Sold at Exquisite Legendary Arsenal)
  • Swords
    • Lucky Sword P/E (Sold at Naomi)
    • Bunny Hunter Scythe P/E (Sold at Cinderella)
    • Dark Caster Scythe P/E (Sold at Dage the Evil)
    • Caladbolg Bloodletter P/E (Sold at Dage the Evil)
  • Blades
    • Lucky Blades P/E (Sold at Naomi)
  • Clubs
    • Lucky Maul P/E (Sold at Naomi)
  • Staffs
    • Lucky Staff P/E (Sold at Naomi)
  • Mutating
    • Bunny Hunter Battlegear P/E (Sold at Cinderella)
  • Sidearm
    • Trench Broom P/E (Sold at Legendary Arsenal)
    • Seraph Handcannon P/E (Sold at Legendary Arsenal)
    • Dark Caster Gun P/E (Sold at Dage the Evil)
  • Auxiliary
    • The Legion Breaker P/E (Sold at Exquisite Legendary Arsenal)
    • Goo Gun P/E (Sold at Legendary Arsenal)

Tags:

Tagged! ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/24/2016 16:02:58 >
Post #: 1
3/24/2016 12:47:14   
The berserker killer

Do I get any compensation for suggesting these features or no?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
3/24/2016 12:51:39   
Xendran

I remember i got a free Vendzooka for suggesting it, however I'm not sure exactly what it was you suggested so I'm not sure if any sort of recognition extends beyond items.
If it was an item though, would be nice if they still did that.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
3/24/2016 12:54:47   
Lord Machaar

@TBK
Many players suggested many stuff before you, in previous phases. They weren't rewarded, you are not an exception.

As for OP. I'm surprised after all the frustration that was expressed by many players, we yet see the release of another legendary boss with a massive amount of HP and energy, and is basically a mocking version of legendary titan. So basically all legendary bosses that we have are look alikes, I have no idea where is the fun in defeating them.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/24/2016 13:04:48 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/24/2016 13:01:15   
The berserker killer

Well those players, along as myself should have received something. Just saying. The legendary shops, boss battles, cheevos and specifically dage and matrix.... I would like something at least.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
3/24/2016 13:05:59   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I'll check out the new weapons, been ages since I last bought one.

And achievements! :3 I like.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/24/2016 13:37:11   
Elloisoul

pfft only more cosmetic for an update no balance change and NPC who fights all the same with a mix skill guess It was right i spent my remaining artix point to just play the original adventure quest and get a star captain in mech quest
Post #: 7
3/24/2016 14:03:24   
SouL Prisoner

@Machaar. I agree with the legendary thing. It's become a fashion to make legendary NPC with ridiculous amount of HP and MP. So much for creativity.

p.s: And the raining non-stop achievements. It clear Dev's have no future plans for ED. Otherwise they wouldn't be spamming achievements this way. What's the plan after red color stars?? Go all rainbow??

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 3/24/2016 14:05:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/24/2016 16:08:18   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

When the devs introduce items created by other players to Epicduel, it's not uncommon for the original creator to get a free version of the item. However, you aren't entitled to "compensation" for suggesting ideas, even if they do get implemented. You should be offering your suggestions for the sake of improving the game, not because you want free items.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/24/2016 16:09:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/24/2016 16:09:39   
Lord Machaar

Kinda disappointed with Dage. It's just Legendary God Of War Pre-Nerf, even easier.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/24/2016 16:11:00 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/24/2016 19:11:22   
The berserker killer

All i'm saying is that Romanian Master made a remark about a Color Custom Limo on twitter and received a copy in game. Yet I formally suggested not only these ideas but multiple weapons as well, such as the BareKnuckle Gear, Blade of Awe, Paladin Armor, along with vaguely suggesting a weapon that could switch between E and P.

So you're telling me Devs pick and choose who to reward? Just let me know now so I at least don't have my hopes up, they do whatever they want and break a ton of promises anyway so it's really nothing new. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
3/24/2016 20:10:31   
Optimise

@The berserker killer - I do not intend to derail this thread off-topic and instigate a flame war, but I felt the need to reply to your concern seeing as you're rather confused and have a misconception of the developers granting free weapons/items to players. Items are often given to players that create the said item, and in some rare cases also to those who only suggest for the item to be implemented to the game.

The names of some of the suggestions only you made have very often been suggested by various other members of this community in the past. Now going by your warped logic -- those players who previously suggested the aforementioned items should be "compensated" (not even the right word seeing as you have not lost (or injured) anything of yourself in-game/IRL by suggesting something for the game). Also, those who supported your supposed suggestions should also be awarded the item, seeing as the suggestion would have not gained recognition without the players' support.

If everyone like yourself demands "compensation", then every player would have the item, then for what reason was the item put in the vendors in-game? The developers will then be reluctant to listen to or implement suggestions due to the community demanding the item to be granted for free. This is beyond absurd.

No one should have their "hopes up" from making suggestions, expecting to be awarded the suggested item in-game. We as players provide ideas to the developers to have a look at, and if they feel up for it and think it is possible to be implemented, then it is of course added to the to-do list - in no way should we expect to be awarded for a suggestion. The implementation of a suggestion is enough of an award to the player who suggested it. Despite that -- the developers are still sometimes awarding players for their contribution, but I guess some players cannot accept the developers generosity and instead jump to conclusions and expect awards for themselves. Humble yourself.

This post isn't only aimed towards you, it is also aimed towards this community in general.

-Optimise
Post #: 12
3/24/2016 20:14:21   
Satafou

What game have you heard of that rewards players for mere suggestions that aren't even game changing in the slightest?
Post #: 13
3/25/2016 0:23:56   
ambien

you got to be kidding me again same stuff about the war go exile buy it again .do you get it devs legions does not care any more about the WAR , who cares same story same slow drops unless you buy the game again like exile will. l am legion just want my 5k again an then done with battles . wow you would think titan an night an devs would get it by now. but the exile war goes on l hope exile speeds it up faster this time ..

my thoughts on this same old old war game sad very sad

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 3/25/2016 0:25:03 >
Post #: 14
3/25/2016 0:43:21   
SouL Prisoner

More then 100k difference gap already! Wow. Wish they had spent time fixing the war instead of all this more and more pointless stuff.

Not expecting a 100% fix but at least try for god sake.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/25/2016 6:56:53   
SonicTbear

What Gun and Aux is Dage using? I'm planning on copying his style when I get to the proper rank.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 3/25/2016 6:57:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/25/2016 14:28:18   
Optimise

@SonicTbear -

Caladbolg E - ( P and E ) - Dage's NPC is using the E version
Dark Caster Gun - ( P and E ) - Dage's NPC is using the P version
Dage's Doom/Spirit Cannon - ( P and E ) - Dage's NPC is using the Spirit Cannon (P version)
Dage's Paragon (Armor) - This can be purchased from the Epic Legendary Arsenal which is accessible upon reaching rank 50, located at Titan's Peak (in Frysteland).

Note: Dark Caster Gun, and Doom/Spirit Cannon are both limited in quantity. The cannons (auxiliaries) can also be won from the Dage's Doom Arcade.
Post #: 17
3/25/2016 15:18:09   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

The berserker killer, like Battle Elf said, you aren't entitled to an "award" just because you something you suggested gets implemented. Usually people who suggest an item that gets added will receive the item they suggested, but usually doesn't mean definitely. There are many factors that goes into deciding whether a player should get the item that they suggested, such as how generic/common the suggestion is, how detailed their suggestion is/how much time they put into designing the item, how many players have suggested the same item before, and at the end of the day, it's the developers that decide whether a player suggestion warrants any kind of "award".

In regards to your specific suggestions, anything non-item related you suggested you shouldn't expect any "award" since none have been given out before. For your item suggestions, bareknuckle gear falls under very generic/common, countless players have suggested it earlier than you did, and the developers probably already planned to release it sometime and were finding the right time. The Blade of Awe is an item that already exists in other AE games, suggesting the developers bring an existing item from another game wouldn't get you anything since it's up to the developers of the other game to give you permission. If you really liked an item from another game and would like to see it in ED, you could also redesign it yourself and suggest that, but as far as I know, you didn't do that, so you shouldn't expect an "award". A similar reasoning applies to the Paladin Armor, it's a very generic/common idea and as far as I know, you didn't design it.

You could say that Romanian Master didn't deserve the CC Limo that he suggested, but the developers thought that it would be a nice thing to do, so they gave it to him. Note that it was not something that he was entitled to.

Also, I don't know where you're getting the expectation that you should get awards for making suggestions that get implemented and the devs are breaking their "promises" by not awarding you anything. In the ED Suggestions forum, the disclaimer doesn't mention anything about an award:
quote:

Submitting ideas does not in any way mean your art, ideas, etc. will be used or included in any way. Any ideas submitted to Artix Entertainment, LLC (AE) are free to be used by AE as desired. Any ideas, art, works, or suggestions submitted to Artix Entertainment, LLC (AE), or a member of, become property of Artix Entertainment, LLC (AE). Do not steal the ideas posted here, and give credit if using any material knowingly taken from someone else's ideas. Do not suggest anything taken from an outside source, such as television media, movies, books, or the like. While a parody is acceptable, copyrighted ideas cannot be used word for word as they are in outside sources.

Generic ideas are not copyrighted and are not considered stolen material whether it has been seen in other suggestion threads or in a media resource. In some cases, an idea is already planned for use by Artix Entertainment, and although you are welcome to post your own example of these ideas, be aware that your post may only be used for inspiration toward an idea already in progress or disregarded in entirety.

The only mention of an "award" is a player that creates artwork that makes in in-game getting the item they suggested, plus the Epic Artist achievement.
quote:

All players who contribute artwork in any means, either through this Suggestion Shop or through Art Contests where art is placed ingame, will receive their suggested item for free and the Epic Artist Achievement ingame.

If you have any more questions regarding this matter, if you thought my explanation wasn't sufficient, or if you refuse to accept my explanation, please privately message Battle Elf as he is the game liaison and would be able to explain this to you further.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
3/25/2016 17:42:01   
Satafou

You can't expect others to change if you refuse to change your stubbornness yourself. For some reason you seem to think that your opinions are facts, when alot of the time they aren't. Optimize has clearly written his reasoning behind his argument, and you just choose to ignore it since it doesn't work with your opinion lol.

< Message edited by Satafou -- 3/25/2016 17:43:01 >
Post #: 19
3/26/2016 0:00:16   
Xendran

Blinding yourself to useful information because you dislike the tone of said information is one of the biggest weaknesses of humanity and one of the largest causes of ignorance in the world.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
3/26/2016 10:06:52   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

If there was a post that forum and/or game staff felt was degrading, rude, disrespectful, etc. be assured that it would either be removed, edited or if it continued the thread would be locked. So far, most are sticking toward being constructive, thoughtful and behaving in a manner that reflects well upon them. As such, I would suggest that the remaining members who are not doing so either distance themselves from their current attitudes or ignoring what they do not wish to read in order that they do not, in turn, break the rules.

It is not any players job to tell others in a community to stop replying to them. Period. It IS a public forum, and as such, they can reply to whatever post that they wish, as long as they are not breaking the rules upon doing so. That's it. That's the rules.

As I've said many times, if you cannot post by the rules it is a good idea to step away from your computer/tablet/cell phone/the forums in general - until such a time that you feel that you can. I'm not going to waste my time repeatedly explaining this. No more slack will be given to this thread, Design Notes or not.
AQ DF  Post #: 21
3/26/2016 11:43:51   
SouL Prisoner

Wow. This close call victory for Legion is a real kick in the places. We know we're not winning, but we're are kinda close to Exile and thnx to that no war rally's.

So basically defeat and no personal gain. lol. Had one thing and now that's not looking good either.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 3/26/2016 11:44:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/26/2016 12:19:35   
The berserker killer

I think its a good gain. But you guys can't get eat rallys when you're close?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 23
3/27/2016 6:26:32   
SouL Prisoner

This proved to be the worst war personally so far. I'm stuck on 2k influence and that too i made that 2k on the first day when there was 1 or 2 power rally's i think.

I think they increased the damage output during the power rally's. Because every time there's one, we make it really close to exile and then go down all the way.

Combined posts. ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/27/2016 12:38:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
3/27/2016 9:44:37   
Lord Machaar

Or they changed the drop chance of bombs, making it higher in Legions side.
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= March 24th, 2016 - Patch Notes - 1.6.60
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition