Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Massively increase damage for all skills at high levels.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Massively increase damage for all skills at high levels.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2016 12:29:27   
nowras

The main reason why low levels are faster is because their skills' damage compared to their defenses and their other damage moves is so high.
Increasing damage for all skills would prevent alting and make battles faster and enjoyable.
What do you think about this?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/25/2016 12:46:53   
newtena

only some skills should be increased. spamming the defence stats to make multy stronger is a popular bulid. it is a powerful build. making a come back is hard. increasing the damage will result in a ko.
only increase the ones that are weak and unpopular.

< Message edited by newtena -- 3/25/2016 13:20:24 >
Post #: 2
3/25/2016 16:39:13   
Xendran

Battles need to slow down, not speed up even more. This would make the game feel even worse than it does now, and just further remove the already tiny amount of strategy required to play.
They really should just not count players below the level cap on daily leaderboards. All competitive aspects of a game like this should revolve around the intended level of battling, which is level 40.
This is also why i believe it takes WAY too long to level, because everything leading up to 40 is just a tutorial teaching you how to play by introducing more skills and options over time, but right now it's way too slow.

Imagine if you unlocked new cards in hearthstone at 1/10th of the rate, and they were 10x more expensive, and you get EpicDuel.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 3/25/2016 16:41:29 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
3/25/2016 23:41:39   
racing.lo.mas

I dont like the way it sounds, everybody will run into builds with max skills. Skills abusers dont need another reason to keep doing that.
TBH I guess I'd make all levels to be more smilar, so in that way people wouldnt focus their points in 4 or 5 skills.

It's true that fights are boring, maybe because they are too long sometimes, I dont know the reason. What I find boring? High defense/resistance and all those skills giving a lot of defense and resistance. Energy shield can give over 200 at lvl 1, why?
One of the things I really loved were malf and smoke, now they are practically underpowered due to those shiellds (well I know they work in a different way, but how they worked before was quite better).

@Xendran Long fights and strategy fights are not the same. A fight wont be an strategy one just because of being long. Have you seen a dex tm fight? Well I have seen it in 2vs2, when I was dead. My partner was 1v1 with another tm dex. All they did was battery, assimilation, tech, gun, multy and heal. Over and over the same things, till one of them was out of health and lost. It took over 30 turns, and it wasnt strategic at all.
I face sometimes dex tm or focus tlm/tm/ch and fights are long, but they arent strategic, we just do the same moves all the time.

I guess all should be able to help in a faction, no matter the level. If you deprive low levels to help in factions, they wont have the chance to be part of one till they reach level 40 and I guess that's not fair. The way to fix it is making battle similar for all, or better for higher levels.
Epic  Post #: 4
3/26/2016 0:02:12   
Xendran

I never said long fights and strategy is the same thing. Long fights ALLOW for more strategy, but do not create it.
Short fights, however, do directly remove from the amount of strategy available as there is less counterplay to be had. If you have 15 skills in a game on a build but matches last 3 turns, you do not get to play out any significant number of the strategies related to those skills.
There are many other issues with this game that prevent strategy, short battles is merely one of them.
Please attempt to understand things in a greater context. Just because something alone does not single handedly solve every aspect of a problem does not mean you should discount that thing.

The biggest issue by far (in terms of available strategy) is a lack of skills to use.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 3/26/2016 0:04:06 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
3/26/2016 21:21:08   
The berserker killer

Well first we have to look at exactly why people bot. People bot because the wins are fast, HP is lower, defenses are lower, yet the skills are just as strong as level 40s. A lvl 10 bh Massacre skill shouldn't do the same % as a level 40, nor should a lvl 20 tlms poison be as effective (dealing 130 dmg per round) as a lvl 40s.

My point here is not to buff lvl 40 skills, but simply rescale the effectiveness of lower level skills. They need a separate scaling that is more appropriate for their level.

Now I am aware that Devs are easy, so they wont do this because this requires "a lot of work" that would take time from Biobeast. Respectable, which is why I offer an alternative solution: Skill Caps or Level Requirements.

Skill caps make it so that you cannot have access to a particular level of a skill until you, yourself, reach a certain level. It's up to the devs to decide but the idea behind it is that you cannot invest any more points into a certain skill until you reach a higher level.

Alternative B is Level Requirements. Level Requirements are already in this game however they've never been changed as the devs slowly increased the amount of levels while simultaneously increasing the amount of xp one receives for winning a match (lower levels). So, its only right that New Level Requirements be placed. Now you can go about this 2 ways.

The first way is to simply pick and choose which skills can become unlockable at level 25,30, 35, 40 etc.

The second idea, well what I have in mind, will require a major shift of skill trees in order to make the game fair to everyone. This idea is to only allow tiers to individuals based on their level under a new scaling.
Meaning:

Lvl 0-10 Can only access first tier skills
11-20 Can access 1st and 2nd tier skills
so on so forth.

This will slow down alts.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
4/19/2016 12:52:07   
RaXZerGamingZ

and have bounty hunters kill me in 2 turns , nope
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Massively increase damage for all skills at high levels.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition