Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Levels and Ranks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Levels and Ranks
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/17/2016 17:32:02   
8x

@Front45
I'm not sure you know what "afk" stands for.
Epic  Post #: 26
4/17/2016 21:36:56   
  Exploding Penguin

Maybe you're losing to them moreso because they're just better players than you.

It's definitely a possibility. It's not like I'm only level 37 and I can beat some level 40 players consistently because I'm a better player than them.
Epic  Post #: 27
4/17/2016 21:58:33   
Altador987

Unpopular Opinion: I actually like the ranking system

Or at least I like the possibilities. I can understand that a rank 1 shouldn't fight a rank 50 and maybe therein lies the solution of fixing it so that that doesn't happen very often, but otherwise i think the system is a great idea. They can't keep adding levels they'll run out of skills and even if they added more skills that'd further put synergy of classes at risk and we haven't even solved class synergy problems to begin with.

I believe the idea was to stop at a certain point and to simply add the finishing touches to an already established build rather than continuous leveling.

Also, as a lvl 37-38 i've been able to beat rank 20-30 40lvld players multiple times with a little strategy. The ranking system doesn't affect builds by that much in my opinion.

Honestly i think players are just used to certain flows against certain builds as far as battle progression is concerned and when it's disrupted and they can't adjust they blame it on rank, and this is really only considering 1v1 cause in 2v2 rank hardly matters at all as i've had multiple 37&40vs40&40 matches and won most of them (surprisingly).
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/18/2016 0:50:14   
  Exploding Penguin

The point is the ranking system shouldn't exist because it requires a giant player pool for it to make matchmade games fair.

That and it's kind of a disappointment that reaching the cap on the number of skill points a player can allocate (40) is really easy to get to. I see level 40s with only like 5k wins (Excluding NPC) all the time, and they just get bodied by me. I wish they expanded the skill trees by another tier and then extended the level cap so we can get a newer flavor of the lategame build options. The game's been stuck at like a mid 30-40 level range for so long and completely new builds basically don't exist anymore.
Epic  Post #: 29
4/18/2016 2:44:27   
rejaylob

quote:

I wish they expanded the skill trees by another tier and then extended the level cap so we can get a newer flavor of the lategame build options.

This seems to be a good idea for a new phase. Omega has been here for a long time now and we need a newer phase that would attract new players and even old players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
4/18/2016 4:24:18   
SouL Prisoner

@8x

Away from (g)Kame??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/18/2016 7:03:48   
Front45

i lose straight 8 battles 1 vs 1 for daily mission. ionut 100, bg prokiller and etc all were high ranks. i have no wish to play. i swear god never play Epic Duel until there are ranks. game is destroyed i have not any chance to win what is that? they have more power with this ranks and i am losing and losing more. bye EpicDuel ! i will wait when they will delete these ranks. there is no balance
Post #: 32
4/18/2016 7:18:01   
Altador987

@Exploding Penguin

I'd only be ok with a new tier once some of the classes like blood mage, the mercs, and cyber hunter had more flexibility in their classes
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
4/18/2016 11:53:45   
8x

@SouL Prisoner
Away From Kepicduel?
Epic  Post #: 34
4/19/2016 1:48:41   
SouL Prisoner

^lol. Was gonna add that too but... but he gets it.... does he??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/20/2016 6:57:46   
Front45

Ranks killing balance. ranks killing the game. ranks losing me wish to play. 1 vs 1 is died because of ranks

Ranks must be deleted where are you dev team? what are you doing?

if you do not delete ranks, i will make video of selling all my items, because i am no longer getting pleasure from Epic Duel !
Post #: 36
4/22/2016 11:51:09   
Death Gigas

I'm rank 11 and I have no issue beating higher ranks in battle. If you are constantly losing, change your build and try again. Everyone is beatable, if you're using the right build.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/23/2016 14:34:28   
Front45

Death Gigas
tell me how often do you defeat next players: ifte, rko, machaar, bg prokiller, hunter kill12, ionut 100, warlordlegend, cosmic emperor, emolicious, motor funk, deathnightmare and etc... all high ranks

i am tired repeat same things. one of moderator also told me stop saying talking same, we don't care, we don't interesting balance...

< Message edited by Front45 -- 4/23/2016 14:35:17 >
Post #: 38
4/23/2016 15:15:57   
8x

@Front45
Most of those players have much more experience than you do. They would probably still defeat you even if you were 20 ranks higher than they are.
Epic  Post #: 39
4/30/2016 13:15:19   
Mother1

I still say the rank system issue balance wise would be fixed if they made ranks not give power towards PVP battles. It can affect NPC battles, and give other incentives such as reduced credit prices by X percent, and increased sell back and drop chance. Heck after you reach a certain rank you could get a certain rare item that you earn by getting said ranks and the best part would be none of this would affect balance in a negative way seeing as they don't add power.

@ front45

If a player has more experience than you and is a better overall player even if everything was equal they would still beat you. While I understand the power gap is unfair (which is true) that doesn't change the fact that you are getting matched up against players who could very well be better than you at the game.
Epic  Post #: 40
4/30/2016 14:14:15   
c1729

^ The perfect reward for Ranks in my opinion too.
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/1/2016 3:57:04   
Xendran

Along with what mother1 said unlocking ranks could give you a banner to put in your house that looks cooler the higher your rank goes.
We could have one of these for your regular rank as well (from battles won).

EDIT:

In fact I think we could make this pretty interesting.
Instead of the current categories, we could have these. Each still scales with how many points are in said category just like now.

Legendary
Grants an evolving achievement worth rating points

Predator
Increased Damage to Standard NPCs

Slayer
Increased Damage to Bosses

Wheel and Deal
Reduced Credit Prices

Veteran
Increased Experience gain

Looter
Increased Item Drop Rate

Hoarder
Chance to receive an arcade token upon victory

Gambler
Increased chance of valuable items in the Arcade

Experimenter
Decreased cost of Retraining (up to 100%)

Augmented
Decreased cost of weapon enhancing and stat reallocation

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/1/2016 4:10:55 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 42
5/1/2016 4:20:21   
Scott Reese

I'd get behind a rank system like that. Although I wonder about how the current rank system gives players a continual 'quest for more power' once they hit the level cap. Would they still be enticed to play as much if it wasn't for more battle effectiveness? I could see it going either way.

< Message edited by Scott Reese -- 5/1/2016 4:22:35 >
Epic  Post #: 43
5/1/2016 10:08:23   
One Winged Angel1357

I had a chat with Charfade awhile back, about a week now so not sure far, about the ranks and it lines up along with Xendran's example but it is slightly different and I didn't come up with names. I did increased sell back as opposed to more drops because it potentially makes it so you get less drops than Xendran's idea but the increased value makes up for it and it applies to mission rewards you don't want as well as arcade prizes

NPC Crusher

NPC Armor

Medical Mastery(NPC only)

Energy Efficiency(NPC only)

Increased credit gain

Increased EXP gain

Improved credit sell back

Improved Varium sell back

Increased normal war item drop rate

Increased super war item drop rate(Xendran made a broader version of these two with just increased drop rate which is also cool I was just filling slots at this point)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/3/2016 2:50:18   
Front45

I think it's time to play in another phase without ranks

I know that people spent credits or vars for increase their ranks, i know high rank is good against legendary bosses

I know that high rank is good for jugg battles, but ranks are worst for balance. for 36-39 levels and for low rank players 1 vs 1 is dead for them

Example, i often winning over 36-37-38 level players i am 16 rank, but so often losing against 40+ rank players. it's not right

There must be 50%-50% chance to each other and not 90%-10% as now are

And i wanna say one, i am playing for daily missions only, i'm not getting pleasure from Epic Duel, and reason is ranks and balance. time to resolve this

Dev Team or Help Team time to weak up, time to do for us big things. there never will be balanced game, until there are ranks
Post #: 45
5/3/2016 6:33:20   
Satafou

@front45 There is no point doing your 785th post about ranks, due to the fact the devs have no intention of removing them. "i'm not getting pleasure from Epic Duel" In a way that's probably a good thing, i don't know how games get you off but each to their own.

Back on topic, the thing about ranks isn't that they are unbalanced as such. The key issue is that they just take so long to obtain. The fact that previous wins from prior the rank update don't count towards exp is beyond irritating. You have warlords at rank +70 and grand emperors at rank 1. PVP rewards are just so dire, and since there is now a gap created due to the ranks it makes it appear unbalanced. The main thing that is unbalanced at the moment is the RNG. "25% chance to stun" can stun 3/3 times during a battle and 2 stuns in a battle isn't uncommon. Crits, base dex blocks and deflects are also all wacky at the moment as well.

Due to the state the game is in, if the devs could be bothered to do these changes i would support them, however the actual problem isn't the advantages the ranks give, it's more so the fact only a few have excess to them. PVP rewards are simply, excuse my language, crap.
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Levels and Ranks
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition