Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What Happens If...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What Happens If...
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2016 14:46:57   
  Charfade

@Lord Machaar PR liaison dose go through many people to be chosen. Devs, AKs, and help team have to approve the candidate and go through 2 interviews. A PR person is still needed on the team regardless on the state of the game(s). There needs to be a person to help relay messages back and forth between the devs and community. That being said it is a thankless job. It can wear the strongest and most resilient people out. Anyone who takes it up in any company entity I always sympathize with.

MQ Epic  Post #: 26
4/5/2016 16:10:34   
Miyaro

You are right T 600. He is being kind of selfish in this.
Post #: 27
4/5/2016 18:21:07   
Lord Machaar

@Char:
But apparently the Pre-selection is done by 1 person. This phase is so important because in the end, you will keep wasting time with the wrong people while the right ones are neglected due to one reason (personal) or another.

But yeah, if we are now speaking about "Devs" liaison and not "ED" liaison, well that's different. The difference is quite clear, "Devs" liaison will be in charge of ED and Biobeasts, while ED PR guy will be solely in charge of ED. I was speaking about an ED liaison hence saying there isn't much to do, but if we are talking about devs' liason, then why search in ED community? The guy will apparently be in-charge, 90% of the time, of non-related ED stuff, notably, BB.
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
4/5/2016 18:25:00   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I'm keeping this thread to open to address the PR comments, normally I'd lock it since the staff have answered the question at hand with a definitive answer.

For the sake of transparency, the "Pre-selection" process for the candidate is fairly extensive. We look at a lot of factors to see if someone will be a good fit. So while I'm the one leading the charge, I'm also being helped behind-the-scenes by other members of the Forum Staff.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 4/5/2016 18:26:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/5/2016 20:06:59   
overdead

Pls delete. Sorry for my negative attitude.

< Message edited by overdead -- 4/7/2016 21:36:16 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
4/5/2016 21:06:14   
Miyaro

I think selfish isn't the word. Maybe not understanding the way the game works maybe? Or maybe like the rest of us new to the game people, wishful thinking? Who knows?

< Message edited by Miyaro -- 4/5/2016 23:29:53 >
Post #: 31
4/5/2016 23:52:44   
  Exploding Penguin

Let's take a very good example of the founder armor.

People paid a decent sum of money for the founder armor promo. The founder armor was promised to stay rare because it's basically a sign that whichever player who equips it supported ED when it was first starting up and gaining popularity. Hence, they're "founders" of the entire game itself in some sense or another.

Now let's give that armor to whoever wants it if they have the credits to buy it. Great. Now some player who has a lot of credits and joined 1 year ago, right in the midst of ED dying, has an armor to illegimately show off how he "founded" ED. It's not even about the real-life money spent at that point which was devalued. It's even moreso about the people who wanted to see ED grow and thus supported it, and now their emblem of their support is entirely stripped of any meaning.

IMO asking for rares and promo items to come back so you can have them just because you joined the party late is inconsiderate and selfish. You want it because you like it and you don't care about the people affected by the outcomes of bringing them back.

We don't get everything we want in this world. Sad but true fact of life.
Epic  Post #: 32
4/6/2016 1:58:06   
InFlamed Fury

Just all of what Exploding Penguin said is pretty much what everyone with common sense is thinking, i 150% agree with the above post.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
4/6/2016 12:28:48   
  Charfade

quote:

But apparently the Pre-selection is done by 1 person. This phase is so important because in the end, you will keep wasting time with the wrong people while the right ones are neglected due to one reason (personal) or another.

This is not the case, anyone can make recommendations. BattleElf is just leading and keeping the section process organized. Its an open conversation with many people involved. Its not one person choosing anything. As with all the choices and decisions behind the ED dev team. Its a conversation where we weigh all pros and cons. Then we make a choice given what information is present. When we chose Guest artists all people on the team get a vote to vote them in. Because we work as a team and who we bring on has to work well with everyone. So it does take a particular type of person for the position. I want to be clear tho, its not one persons sole decision as you clam so.

And yes, the PR person will work with ED team which also runs BioBeasts. So the PR person will work with any and all titles under the team.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 4/6/2016 12:31:57 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 34
4/6/2016 13:19:54   
Lord Machaar

quote:

This is not the case, anyone can make recommendations.

Players are allowed to give recommendations?

quote:

And yes, the PR person will work with ED team which also runs BioBeasts. So the PR person will work with any and all titles under the team.

Well then, no need to search in ED community because whoever sticking around here is to troll (Ehm) or to troll (Except few, ofcourse, who aren't interested, like me), because sadly there is no content, just balance problems that are frustrating players, so they come here to let go of their frustration. So yeah, I'd recommend searching in the whole AE community, to fastforward this process, because since when Therril quitted? Months ago, and you still can't find a replacement. If as stated here:
quote:

That being said it is a thankless job

I don't think the team would've survived for months now without a liaison. But that isn't the case. Maybe you are looking for someone for future plans. Who knows. Who would actually know when actually you never announce anything. The devs are diving in the deep and ED players following them.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/6/2016 13:21:41 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 35
4/6/2016 13:44:14   
8x

quote:

Players are allowed to give recommendations?

By anyone, she probably meant anyone on the ED dev/volunteer team.
Epic  Post #: 36
4/6/2016 16:38:29   
SonicTbear

@above: I don't know. But I heard people on the forums recommending other members for Archknights. So maybe players can offer recommendations too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/6/2016 17:31:51   
  Charfade

Anyone is anyone, players too. Its a two way street after all. You can just PM BattleElf your recommendations in case we may have looked over someone. And yes we look at the entire AE network, not just here. I would prefer someone from ED tho. And I dont like to rush the process. Its a team choice like I said. I want it to digest a little to make sure the person selected is a good fit.

Sry to have hijacked this topic, I didn't mean too. But figured this is important to us all so I wanted to make sure information was clear and I responded to concerns/questions. I don't want any misconceptions about this to linger. Not good for the team or players after all.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 4/6/2016 17:32:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 38
4/6/2016 19:30:22   
Lord Machaar

Thanks for the answers. I recommend Front45.
MQ Epic  Post #: 39
4/7/2016 0:22:35   
SouL Prisoner

^ I see what you did there

My recommendation: 8x, Lord Machaar and Xendran. Idk if any of these guys are interested or not...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/7/2016 1:45:31   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Please note the part about sending a PM to Battle Elf with your recommendations. Here's a link for convenience.
quote:

You can just PM BattleElf your recommendations in case we may have looked over someone.

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 4/7/2016 1:47:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/7/2016 12:36:21   
8x

@SouL Prisoner
I'm pretty sure that none of those three would want to be a PR Liaison at this point.

@Lord Machaar
Yes, Front45 for president! #givehimplatinumspride
Epic  Post #: 42
4/7/2016 14:18:42   
Front45

I play long time and i know what problems have epicduel. i know some solutions too but no one going to solve it

i will do next things for better game epicduel:

1. delete ranks
2. change to 3 cool down static smash instead of 4
3. static smash change to improve with technology instead of strength
4. but hybrid armor change to 3 turn duration instead of 4
5. make energy parasite stronger
6. i will make lower levels in jugg battles
7. seasonally back old rare items
8. i will change to 3 cool down energy backup and static grenade, but with lower energy. 270-280 instead of 333. and lower energy steal also for bounty hunters
9. make assimilation required staff and it will be no more usable with sword
10. after delete ranks, i will decrease power of npc-s or make it ally-able 2 vs 1
11. every year i will add 2 level. i mean 42 level this year. next year 44 and etc

nowadays epicduel has many problems. playing with 4 cool down main energy skills is terrible, that's why all going change to cyber hunter or blood mage. mercenary class is dead. energy parasite is weak. juggernaut battles also dead. balance in 1 vs 1 is totally killed by ranks. there are no backing old items for fun for have wish to play epicduel. str tech mages using assimilation with sword, which is terrible. there are npc-s and bosses which can defeat only with high rank 80+ and etc. just no one take care this game

< Message edited by Front45 -- 4/7/2016 14:22:38 >
Post #: 43
4/7/2016 14:35:20   
8x

^You want to fix a problem by deleting ranks and then you want to start raising the level cap? Don't you think that would lead to a similar situation that we have now with ranks?

On a side note, I'm kinda surprised that "seasonally back old rare items" is not at the top of your list.
Epic  Post #: 44
4/7/2016 14:48:40   
Front45

8x
i wanna raise level cap every year by 2 point because not stop and continue our power. but between 40 and 42 levels there is no big difference. so there will not be any unfair battles as now are. keep underdog mode on any levels

and what about seasonally back old rare items, i mean platinum's pride and infernal interdictor back in January. in February back founder armor and gamma bot and etc

these items must back because delta-omega players love them and wanna to have own. example.: i am mad and make me happy moment, when i see platinum's pride armor

< Message edited by Front45 -- 4/7/2016 14:50:25 >
Post #: 45
4/7/2016 16:00:22   
One Winged Angel1357

If you raise the level cap you draw even more attention to the issues with focus so if your number one is to increase the cap your number two should be to fix how focus works
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
4/7/2016 16:02:52   
Mother1

@ front45

Raising the level cap will cause balance issues down the road due to the lack of skills and the adding on of skill points. Add this to the energy crisis and the high level players will really be feeling it down the line. Not a good idea especially without new skills to help ease this.

Ranks IMO don't need to be removed but rather just changed so they don't impact PVP battles. If this happened it wouldn't matter if you were facing a level 100+ rank while being 38. The gap would only be 2 levels worth of power instead of 2 levels + 100 ranks.

Lastly we heard it from charface herself that old rares aren't coming back. Not to be mean but you could suggest this until you are blue in the face, until the staff 100% decides that they are going to completely break their old promise and let all items come back you are doing nothing but beating a dead horse.

I won't address the rest of the changes seeing as most of them are bandaid fixes that will open up more cans of worms later on.
Epic  Post #: 47
4/7/2016 18:20:47   
8x

@Front45
In my opinion, giving players too many stats and skills is a bad idea. It was a bad idea when they put enchantments on pretty much everything, it was a bad idea when they kept raising the level cap and it would be a bad idea to keep raising the level cap.
Epic  Post #: 48
4/7/2016 21:35:30   
overdead

Totally support Front45. #givehimplatinumspride #makeEDgreatagain
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/8/2016 0:01:18   
SouL Prisoner

IMO, the best solution is to remove ranks and remove 5 levels. Level 35 was the best it got. and of course get back passive skills and flags or faction revamp.

Getting good old items back is not going to change the crappy game-play going on. It's like wearing shiny new cloths when you're just going to clean gutters.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What Happens If...
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition