Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Bio Slayer's Phase Shift

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Bio Slayer's Phase Shift
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2016 14:45:57   
Front45

hello all again. nice to talk with you all. i am interesting one thing

look at bio slayer sword in monkakazi's inventory http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Bio_Slayer_E and core Phase Shift http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Phase_Shift

that core dealing normal damage and attacking enemy's lower def or res. it is 3 cool down and required 40 energy. and that attack is blockable

i don't understand one thing. you purchasing and buying varium, buying sword which doing normal damage, required 40 energy and 3 cool down. why it is not unblockable ?

i think it must have unblockable attack. because now it is useless for use. you paying money and suddenly your attack is blocked. that is so bad
Post #: 1
4/4/2016 20:12:02   
  Exploding Penguin

They use defense matrix/energy shield/technician/reflex boost -> you use phase shift to bypass their buff.

It could maybe use some fine tuning on the numbers.

Making it unblockable is the worst idea I have ever heard of. Guaranteed strike damage that cannot be buffed defensively against in most cases for only 40 energy cost and reusable.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/5/2016 2:46:27   
The berserker killer

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. @Front45 I love the idea of making it unblockable as the 3 turn cooldown plays the role of a "limiter" as it limits the effectiveness of the weapon (should it be made unblockable).

Supported.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
4/5/2016 19:48:40   
racing.lo.mas

Nah, it has cooldown. You would have an unblockable attack for every rage. You can say "Hey racing, then take the cooldown and make it unblockable", but would that work? We already have Meteor Shower P and E that are unblockable and also add an extra %.
There are 3 alternatives to buff it:
-Two turns CD:
The core would be good if players were like the old days, with different resistance and defense. Right now everybody has same resistance and defense, so switching type just work if the target has a shield. Tanks often use shields, but just 1 time per fight. The core gives an advantage just one time, so the CD doesnt work if it's high. If it was 2 turns, it would work 2 times when someone use plasma armor, mineral armor, reflex or tech.

-One turn CD:
In this way it would work with all shields 2 times.

-Changing your primary damage for the rest of the battle.
There isnt too much to explain here. It might be a good feature if it switched your primary's type for the rest of the fight. Haaardly ever you might find a dex with low resistance, so switching your primary to E would work. Or maybe, it could be a good combination with blood hawk.

Epic  Post #: 4
4/5/2016 23:02:24   
The berserker killer

Well those are good ideas too, I'm happy we can constructively offer ideas to come up with a solution. Either one of these sounds fine to me. It sounds like we all agree it needs a buff
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
4/5/2016 23:29:53   
  Exploding Penguin

The problem with it being unblockable is because such a change makes the core counterintuitive. I'm going to assume that the devs wanted it to be a core that's meant to play around extremities in the enemy defenses, but if it becomes unblockable it simply ruins the original purpose of the core and reduces it to a "guaranteed strike damage" thing where people will most likely disregard the whole damage-shifting component entirely.

As stated before, the numbers could definitely use some fine tuning to balance out the core more in the current meta but by changing it to be unblockable I predict that it will deflavorize the core and cause it to lose its identity as something unique, becoming a more economized, reusable, slightly weaker meteor strike core.
Epic  Post #: 6
4/6/2016 5:57:11   
Front45

racing.lo.mas
I don't understand your opinion. plasma meteor is also active core and it adds 10% more damage and it is usable only once. need 90 energy. this core need 40 energy. 3 cool down and doing normal damage. when you are using it without rage, it is normal damage only nothing more. i know it is guarantees unblockable attack and it will be good for strength tech mages but it has also 3 cool down don't forget. it is buyable only for variums

now it is blockable. i have no reason no idea to use it. normal damage, requires 40 energy and 3 cool down and blockable. why must we use it? example enemy has 400 defense and 300 resistance. phase shift core will attack on technology yes? and there is big chance to block because of high defense. and sword is useless

say again. 40 energy need, 3 cool down, doing normal damage and it is blockable. just useless this sword now

if you use this core, next 3 round it is cool down. on the 4th attack you can use it. normal damage primary damage

it will be good for strength tech mages and on rages only focus 5 build or strength build

it cost varium? ok. it has 3 cool down? ok. it need 40 energy to use? ok. it doing normal damage? and primary attack only? ok ok. but it is blockable? so useless. it must be unblockable

< Message edited by Front45 -- 4/6/2016 6:12:16 >
Post #: 7
4/6/2016 6:10:24   
racing.lo.mas

@Front You want to make it unblockable and it would be op if every 3 turns you have an guaranted attack. I said that then you could suggest making it unblockable but without cooldown, so you can use it once. But in that case it would be a weak copy of Meteor Shower.
Exploding Penguin and I have explained you why it can be unblockable.

You would have a reason to use it if it had a lower CD or if it changed your primary for all the battle.
Epic  Post #: 8
4/6/2016 6:18:07   
Front45

racing.lo.mas
not every 3 turns. every 4 turns. also it cost varium

this core shift phase has effect using on rage, if you have focus 5 build. because without rage damage is normal maybe 50-80. i mean focus 5 vs focus 5. it will be good on rages str and focus 5 players, and for str builds it will be good in every 4 attack. it's only normal damage. it will not be op. blockable is worst variant. in first case i thought that core was unblockable but when some people said that it is blockable i was surprised. because people paying money for block? no. it is normal sword normal core.

every 4 turn. normal damage. cost varium. need energy. only primary attack. it's ok. make it unblockable attack this core phase shift
Post #: 9
4/6/2016 11:20:01   
The berserker killer

He has a good point. The core is easily counterable, can't be used in every situation, is on a varium wep, costs energy, only deals normal damage, and has a 3 turn cooldown hence making it usable on every 4th turn. Being unblockable doesn't really sound like a bad feature for this weapon. It sounds legitimately fair
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
4/6/2016 18:37:12   
  Exploding Penguin

The core itself is fine, it was just introduced in an awful meta for it because people will almost always run equal defense/resistance builds and debuffs are also really sucky so the core has no place in any build.

Change the core to be unblockable, and when a meta shift comes the core will potentially be super broken and need to be rebalanced again. Why not avoid balance changes that lead up to this?
Unless ED somehow stays in the current meta forever this core, without even needing number changes, will cycle into the meta and be useful again, as do all things in the game that have balanced numbers. This is why I say the core could use some fine tuning on the numbers is to bring it closer to a state of viability in the current meta without setting it up for needing large changes in the future. As long as the numbers aren't changed too drastically like assault bot's nerf was, the core should stay in a state of having a niche use in the current meta and will hopefully cycle into a state of higher popularity during future metagame shifts.

A lot of people say that everything should always be viable in a balanced game at any point in time. Yes, they are correct, but it shouldn't be done by making huge changes back and forth to several different things every single time there's a meta shift. This just sets up for tons of opportunities for imbalance which is what has actually happened to ED over the years. Rather, the things should be balanced very sparingly so that even if they aren't in meta, they can still be considered viable for some specific niche uses. ED just balances things extremely to fit whatever meta it currently is which is why so much stuff has been left in disarray now, especially with the devs temporarily abandoning the game to work on BioBeasts.
Epic  Post #: 11
4/6/2016 19:54:05   
racing.lo.mas

It doesnt matter if it is a varium core or a credit core. Cores are not suposed to be useful in every battle. If a core works for all fights then it's op (what is happening with the azrael gun).
The frozen gear for example, have really nice cores, but you dont use them in all battles. Unless your health is too low, you wont use the primary's core. Unless you have a bit of rage to waste, you wont use the aux's core.

Obviously a varium core should be strong (maybe even stronger than a credit core) and that's not the case of phase shift. But you dont have to make it that strong.
If it had a lower CD then you would be able to make a build for it. For example: Strength CH with malf and P sword.

Exploding Penguing is right saying it is good. The core is actually good, if players didnt have equal defense and resistance it would be nice. It isnt working due to this.
But I also believe that it should have a buff for now, and if in a future it gets op, then it can be nerfed again.
Epic  Post #: 12
4/7/2016 11:36:26   
The berserker killer

Well besides it being varium, the core is easily counterable, can't be used in every situation, costs energy, only deals normal damage, and has a 3 turn cooldown hence making it usable on every 4th turn.

The only pros to this weapon is that it's reuasable and cheap.

Being unblockable doesn't really sound like a bad feature for this weapon. It sounds legitimately fair
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
4/7/2016 19:02:13   
Altador987

I may just not be seeing it but why not simply take off the cooldown? it costs mp to use so you clearly can't use it limitlessly but since it IS varium it should stand a fighting chance... i'm not too fond of an unblockable hit as that would be disastrous as far as strength builds are concerned
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/7/2016 19:03:15   
  Exploding Penguin

Disregarding my opinion on it being imbalanced if it was blockable, it doesn't change the fact that making it unblockable would steer the concept of the core away from its intended use.

Not all changes are about balance. If this core were to get updated I'd rather have it maintain its identity as a core that should only be used to take advantage of a difference in the opponent's defense and resistance and for no other purpose.
Epic  Post #: 15
4/7/2016 19:08:05   
The berserker killer

@Altrador: That's a great suggestion and that's a great way to offer constructive criticism too.

@Front45: Do you like that idea? Simply removing the cooldown?

@Exploding Penguin: The core could be used for so much more than damage though, even in it's current meta. It can be used to attack your opponents high stat, hence drastically increasing rage. Its imperative to look at every angle and keep in mind that this game is much more than 1 dimensional.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
4/8/2016 19:07:43   
  Exploding Penguin

Point being, it should have 95-100% of its focus be on the actual phase shift portion and not on some unblockable factor which will take away far too much attention from its main identity.
Epic  Post #: 17
4/9/2016 18:03:06   
One Winged Angel1357

@Ghost God if you are using phase shift to be used for Rage generation leaving it blockable makes even more sense as a blocked strike generates more Rage than an unblocked one
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/9/2016 18:04:43   
Front45

This sword is useless now. because it is blockable. if delete cool down and it be usable only once, it will be same as meteor shower

it is only basic strike, every 4 turn, need varium to buy, need 40 energy to use. give it unblockable attack

because look when there are cyber yeti core 2 turns 100% block and 100% deflect, we have only meteor shower and it need 90 energy to use.

i think this core "phase shift" will work so good if change to unblockable. it is active core. some players will have phase shift, some players will have meteor shower
Post #: 19
4/9/2016 18:14:07   
  Exploding Penguin

You should read what other people say and maybe take their feedback and comments into consideration. Your posts generally insinuate that you don't at all.
Epic  Post #: 20
4/9/2016 18:44:52   
racing.lo.mas

Front what are you saying?
A core isnt useless just because of being blockable...
Dread aux's core can be deflected, also Hair Trigger (frozen aux core). Both are deflectable, but they are pretty good.
It doesnt have sence what are you saying. The core is weak because everybody has the same resistance and defense, so the core does the same damage than a strike. That's the reason.
It works just if someone have used a shield.

And with taking the cooldown, they are meaning to allow the user to use it everytime he wants.
Lowering the coldown or taking it are the best ways to buff it. Players cant abuse it because of the energy cost.
Epic  Post #: 21
4/10/2016 5:22:53   
Front45

if you attack dex tech mage or dex bounty hunter with core, there is high chance to block. there must be 1 guarantee unblockable attack in 4 turns
Post #: 22
4/10/2016 16:08:34   
  Exploding Penguin

The point of a dex build is to have a good defense vs. strikes...

And the block chance at highest is gonna be like 40%. And it will very rarely be 40%. It isn't as sucky of a chance as you might think, although it does take some risk.
Epic  Post #: 23
4/10/2016 18:42:26   
racing.lo.mas

Front..... the core is not suposed to give you an unblockable attack. If you want a guaranted attack then you better get the meteor core.

I know you would like to have an unblockable attack for many turns, and its nice that you are suggesting your ideas. But you should stop of just listening to yourself and try to listen us. We are explaining you why the core shouldnt be buffed as you want.
Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Bio Slayer's Phase Shift
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition