Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Replace/remove the Arcade Token.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Replace/remove the Arcade Token.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2016 13:14:11   
racing.lo.mas

First of all, its boring and without a reason to play. You just care till you got all achievements in the max level. Rewards dont worth at all. The only 2 rewards that I would like to get are the Electro Hazard Husk and the Pink Yeti.
There isnt a reason to get the Arcade tokens and there isnt a reason to do the daily missions.

Second, you might spend thousands of Tokens and you might never win a gold prise. You can waste a lot of varium, try it over and over, and never do it. While someone with 1 token is more likely to win.

And last thing, it seems really fake. First by the reasond said before, someone with one Token has a higher chance of winning than someone with 400 tokens. And secondly because the arcade shows you rewards that you cant get.
Example:
I was playing the Hazard Havoc mode, credits and armor are the only 2 gold rewards. When I made it spin, it showed that I could get an item, a staff and a bot as a gold reward.
How it can show that if there isnt a bot as reward?

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 4/12/2016 16:26:11 >
Epic  Post #: 1
4/12/2016 13:42:32   
8x

quote:

I was playing the Hazard Havoc mode, credits and armor are the only 2 gold rewards. When I made it spin, it showed that I could get an item, a staff and a bot as a gold reward.
How it can show that if there isn't a bot as reward?

They probably use the same icons in all arcade games for the spinning animation.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/12/2016 16:24:32   
racing.lo.mas

Yes yes, I know that. Just saying I would feel like the spin is real if only it showed the real arcade rewards. It seems fake in this way, is like no matter what rewards we show, you will always get the same bronze reward.
Epic  Post #: 3
4/12/2016 16:41:38   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

I'm pretty sure it's done like that because the reward you get is determined by a simple math calculation, so in order to simulate the sense of a physical arcade machine that actually lands on a slot, the game was coded to fill in all the slots before the actual calculated prize you get with random icons.

Sure, it would be possible to determine which icons are available for each arcade and only allow those to be displayed randomly in the spin animation, but the end result is all the same since it's just math. Also, even right now people sometimes think that because a gold icon is displayed close to the prize that they got, they were really close to getting a gold prize (even though the icons are just for show and may not even be available as a prize in the arcade), so having the actual icons available from that arcade game randomly displayed in the animation would probably result in more people feeling this.

The arcade works exactly like slot machines and the lottery works in real life. People can play their entire life and not win a thing while some else that plays their first time can win the jackpot (since each spin is an independent event and thus any one spin for anyone, regardless whether it's your first or millionth will have the same chance of winning). That's probability for you, while winning on your first try or not winning on your millionth try is improbable, it's not impossible.

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 4/12/2016 16:48:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/12/2016 17:12:21   
Altador987

Though this veers off a little from his main point, and this may have already been stated, is there a way we could make the lottery not win the same prizes? Also make them based upon class? As a tech mages i shouldn't win 3 of the same mace that does nothing for me at all, and while yes i understand i am gambling i'm gambling to win something of use whther it be a house item or weapon.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/13/2016 5:52:16   
racing.lo.mas

@WhiteTiger Hey, tell me something. Does the speed of the computer "help" you to win gold prizes?
When I spin the arcade in my old computer I'm likely to get a gold reward most of times. I have won it 2 times with less than 20 tokens.
It isnt something that happened 1 or 2 times, everytime I spin on it I get something. Most of times gold, if not, at least 2 or 3 silver.
Epic  Post #: 6
4/13/2016 11:48:49   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

No, the speed of your computer might affect the speed of the animation, but the animation is meaningless since it's an internal math calculation that determines what reward you get.

If you want, you can read up on how slot machines work to get a better sense of how the arcade in ED works.

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 4/13/2016 11:52:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Replace/remove the Arcade Token.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition