Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Azrael's gun

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Azrael's gun
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/14/2016 18:36:34   
nowras

So, I heard from some mods that they are planning to nerf the Azrael's gun.. Before they do anything bad.. What do you think about this?

For me, I'm against nerfing it. Because it might seem the easiest gun to use but, in fact, it's the hardest weapon to be ever used in ED.
It's why people have high %s and others have low %s. How can that be right? If you fight someone with that gun and you also have it then, you wait for the moment he does a certain move then you smartly counter it with Azrael's gun.
While people who don't know how to play would use it at any time and it'd actually make them lose instead of making them win.
This is for 1v1 only.

About jugg and 2v2, I believe it's not fair and so overpowered. A nerf should be planned just to make it weaker in these 2 modes and shall not touch the 1v1 mode at all.

What do you all think?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2016 1:08:33   
SouL Prisoner

I want them to nerf that stupid gun so hard.... i don't mind if they just delete that gun/core from the game itself. It Practically destroyed 2v2.

I would really appreciate if they fix jugg along with this and other stuff.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/15/2016 1:35:19   
  Exploding Penguin

I would just say add a 1-2 turn warmup for 2v2. It doesn't need nerfs in 1v1. The high energy cost and reduced damage more than makes up for what it's known as a "tech" (not the stat, but a technical/technique-driven) core.

You have to be good to use it and work with it to reap the benefits. If you aren't then you're just setting yourself at a disadvantage. Likewise, if you're playing against someone good who uses it you need to play around it and be cautious of it. Shouldn't be that hard given we can see the rage of players these days.
Epic  Post #: 3
4/15/2016 1:42:12   
SouL Prisoner

The problem isn't just the gun, but the number of players using it. And the people responsible for this is Dev's. Making a gun like this seasonal rare was their biggest mistake. Tag it rare and the problem will eventually go away.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2016 9:20:54   
Luna_moonraider

well i feel that if u do not have this gun in 2v2 you are basically well how do i say this in a nice way hmm well you either useless or very useless yeah think that says it. the gun is basically a must have/oped in 2v2. i do not think that jugs should get the nerfs the gun is only oped in 2v2 because the sheer number of top 2v2 players/2v2 regulars using the gun. jug mode itself is broken right now and does not need another factor to make it even broken. so if the person playing juggernaut does not get the full benefits of azreal gun he will basically get wrecked. but on the other hand the people who are placed in juggernaut matches should get the nerfed version of the gun because jugger vs 2 person with azreall gun= glhf jugger.

As for 1v1 i dont really play 1v1 much so i dont have anything much to say about the use of azreal gun in 1v1.

As for the nerf i think it should cost more energy in 2v2. way more energy that the current energy cost this would technically force the 2v2 people to invest in a kinda useless stat which is energy.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/15/2016 9:31:45 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/15/2016 10:35:35   
rejaylob

Azrael gun in 1v1 is actually alright.. You need to have a good decision on whether when you use it or predict when your enemy will use it..

As for 2v2, I agree with others on how OP azrael gun is.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2016 16:30:20   
Altador987

I think the abuse of this gun is due to a lack of strategy honestly, I have 5 accounts 2 with it and 3 without, and honestly i see both ups and downs of its use. Sometimes it's super awesome for a pinch or a quick win that would otherwise take forever. Other times i wish i could use the normal gun core that drains mp as the charm core is in the way. I think a warmup might be a reasonable addition to the core, though most don't use it on the very first move anyway. Honestly i'd rather they focus on adding more gun and aux cores rather than nerfing the one good one they have.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/16/2016 0:32:09   
Teufel Hunden

In all honesty i dont think it is broken, it is just the fact everyone has it now. My solution to the core is this:

Instead of forcing them to strike you, i think it should force you to only hit that person and not the other (kind of like lionhart core)

Thoughts?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/16/2016 0:43:42   
SouL Prisoner

^Save that idea for a new core i say.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/16/2016 2:21:41   
Luna_moonraider

@DaBombExpert

well i would rather use your idea for a new core or something. Azreal gun is broken in 2v2 and juggernaut as i said 2 people with the azreal gun vs 1 jug= glhf jug. so it needs to be toned down for 2v2 and jug.

Well i think the warm up idea is good but i will also affect the 1v1 people who use it and 1v1 people who use this gun do not need this gun to be nerfed. so as i said increased energy cost for 2v2 would kinda solve the problem or if u wanna make it a super hard nerf increase energy cost+ warm up.

AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/16/2016 8:06:17   
.Sir Lazarus.

I wouldnt go so far and say "its the hardest weapon ever used in epic duel". Thats just funny. Every weapon with a core is hard to use properly and you need a ton of experience to use it the way you are suppose to use it.

I wouldnt say Azreal needs nerfing. I dont agree about that. Everything here revolves around nerfing and i think they should buff Spreadfire. Its an awesome thing to use in 2v2 and jugg and its cripled by that 85% or the damage. That should be raised to 95 or even full damage.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/16/2016 9:25:13   
Altador987

^ agreed, even with my dex bounty using that gun becomes a hindrance unless i rage with it... if anything i wish it'd do maybe a 110% in 2v2 and cost mp every time sorta like with the bio blade how it costs mp to switch from phy to energy
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/16/2016 11:00:30   
Luna_moonraider

Buff spread gun hell no that would make dex bounty even more rampant in 2v2 they have been multiplying in numbers since the nerf to dex TM. Making spread fire 100% dmg in 2v2 is bad as for jugs well it is kinda debatable. 85% is ok right. But spread gun is a limited rare so not many can use/abuse it so maybe buff it to 90% would be ok i guess but still buffing it 100% will make 2v2 even broken than it's current state.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/16/2016 11:01:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/16/2016 14:21:38   
Altador987

^ I don't see the connection with basing cores on whether a class is prominent or not. Frankly the spread in bounty hunters has to do with synergy and how well (and easily) the class works. That's a lack of class synergy in other classes and has little to nothing to do with the spreadfire core. Also Id like to noten I added an mp cost (how much could be debatable) which would keep dex bhs using that attack sparingly as they're not the best at mp manipulation anyway. also the 110% was simply a random number and only for 2v2 it wouldn't apply in 1v1 and jugg would only be for the actual jugg. Not to mention the gun is rare it's not like anyone can get it.

However i don't wish to fall too far off topic, my point really is that we should have more gun cores (and aux cores) that are just as good. For instance the dred aux and the ice aux (idk what it's actually called) are pretty on par as far as usage. there's no reason we can't find more cores to promote different styles of builds rather than stifling what little originality we have left.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/16/2016 14:59:59   
Luna_moonraider

^ making the spread 110% is even worse not all classes can abuse dex and as i said it would make people jump to bh class and the increased energy cost is nothing to a bh because most run enuf energy for a stun nade and multi. the increase energy cost wont affect the bounty hunters as i said i find spread gun to ok the way it is. Unless the energy cost is the same as a multi on 2 people,spread gun should remain the way it is or buff by a small % only. BH not good any energy manipulating haha piston punch/Generator and static nade is more than enuf energy control

Well having more core which can be used/useful is a good idea but still making all core super broken or super oped wont solve anything. thus azreal gun needs to be nerf and some other cores needs some buffs so that they can be used/useful and spread gun does not need a super buff of any kind.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/16/2016 15:00:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/16/2016 15:17:51   
  Exploding Penguin

Buffing spreadfire to 100% or more ruins the integrity of the core. The gun literally just becomes a "free numbers in 2v2" weapon rather than something where you make a tradeoff.

Basically all cores have some sort of setback to them to compensate for the benefits they give. If they don't then they have a competition with other cores of similar caliber with which we must make a decision of the core that best suits our build. Hence, why Azrael's has such a high energy cost for a core and does reduced damage. Meteor strike is a tradeoff of an energy cost for slightly more fixed damage and unblockability. However, spreadfire is just a passive effect that, if it was buffed to 100%, simply adds free extra damage in 2v2s. Therefore I don't think it's a good idea to buff it since it ruins the idea of strategy involving the core. That being said, I think spreadfire would be a lot more interesting and have more applications if the spreadfire attack itself became a reusable active that costs a hefty amount of energy to deal 100% gun damage. That way you're trading a relatively high energy cost for more, non-single-target damage in 2v2.
Epic  Post #: 16
4/16/2016 18:17:49   
Altador987

@Luna_moonraider
the idea wasn't really to buff the spreadfire because in a 2v2 regardless of dex the gun simply isn't goingto come close to a multi and it's illogical to even make that comparison. Frankly the idea was to make it work at least as well as it does in 1v1 or only a little less as the damage it does isn't that much not to mention it is deflectable and you have to take in consideration the defenses of both players.

there should definitely be a setback however with spreadfire in 2v2 at high lvls it's almost a detriment to bother using the gun at all. the idea isn't free damage at all as i'd assume the mp cost would be proportionate

In other words i'm not interested in simply buffing a gun to abuse dex as I have 4 other acounts that aren't bounty nor do they rely on dex so my intentions aren't just for dex bounties.

@Exploding Penguin
Your last statement is literally my suggestion as the core itself is an active core (though it works passively) I'm not sure what you mean by hefty as it's not like a multi that cant be deflected, I assume no more than 160?
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/16/2016 18:27:04   
  Exploding Penguin

I don't want to assign specific numbers since that's when people start complaining about making "bad" suggestions but I'm thinking the energy cost would have to be high enough to warrant a much weaker multi that puts the gun on cooldown.
Epic  Post #: 18
4/16/2016 18:33:34   
Altador987

that's fair i think though i suppose we're simply discussing possibilities that most likely will never happen given past patterns haha.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/1/2016 15:25:26   
RaXZerGamingZ

you're not thinking enough , that gun saved you from so many sittuations, there are more sittuations then 1 or 2 you know ? i wanted to heal but no i got forced then rage bot , THERE IS MORE , you're so selfish
Post #: 20
5/1/2016 15:53:30   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Please don't post in threads more than 2 weeks old. This is considered spam.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
AE Forum Moderator
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Azrael's gun
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition