Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= April 14th, 2016 - Power Weekend War and More!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 14th, 2016 - Power Weekend War and More!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/14/2016 22:18:53   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

April 14, 2016
Power Weekend War and More!

Last week, the Legion broke an impressive streak held by the Exiles to seize control of the Delta V's illustrious capital, Fortune City. This was the closest war yet and it was a geniune thrill to watch the last desperate volleys of bombs and batteries befor the event concluded. Both sides fought hard, but I like the think Alydriah would be proud of her Legion, if she were capable of feeling such things.

The next stop in the war will be a departure from the bustling metropolis to the frigid wilderness of Frysteland! Can the Exiles reaffirm their dominance or will the Legion extending their victory to the farther reaches of the world.

Power Weekend

This weekend, starting tomorrow (Friday) we will be activating a Power Weekend. This means double XP and credits all weekend long. This is a great way for players of all alignments and factions to ascend in level and economic status to better contribute to the next war event!

What Else?
We know you're probably wondering what the status is with the current development of EpicDuel and BioBeasts. We're writing a much larger post to address those issues which will be posted soon!

Tags: Nightwraith

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 4/14/2016 22:21:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2016 1:01:35   
The berserker killer

Why the bikes for war prizes? That's barely even a prize.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
4/15/2016 1:11:39   
SouL Prisoner

^That's the whole point of bonus prize. It's something, but not something that is a bit too much of something. Basically not affecting the game play in any manner.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/15/2016 1:36:39   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

It's something, but not something that is a bit too much of something. Basically not affecting the game play in any manner.

Omega in a nutshell regarding any items that are supposed to be "special"
Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2016 10:58:18   
The berserker killer

Soooo actually creating cool items would be affecting the game too much? Actually creating Exile/Legion themed War type gear would be affecting the game too much? Something war-like themed like a battle-torn armor with swords sticking out of its back or your alignments crest on the shoulderblades? Ugh
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
4/15/2016 12:23:46   
rejaylob

quote:

Omega in a nutshell regarding any items that are supposed to be "special"

Lol give this man a cookie.

All items except the ones that have special cores in them are totally the same since the amount of stats are all equal in each items.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2016 13:02:39   
Lord Machaar

quote:

We know you're probably wondering what the status is with the current development of EpicDuel and BioBeasts. We're writing a much larger post to address those issues which will be posted soon!

AKA next year, according to the devs' terminology.

On another note, exiles can win this war, I think we will enjoy our war rallies with 0 regrets.
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
4/15/2016 15:02:53   
The berserker killer

Quick question: Is it fair that as a lvl 40 my partner is nearly always a level 37 in a 2v2 vs 2 lvl 40s?

P.S. Yay exiles, ill go abuse war rallys and personal influence with the legion. Good luck Exiles!!!

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/15/2016 15:03:56 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
4/16/2016 11:36:07   
Luna_moonraider

^welcome to the unbalanceness of being a legend.

Also POWERHOUR WEEKEND is a trap for those who are not legend yet and are around lvl 32-35 stay there and lvl up as slowly as possible and enjoy fast Q times and balance matches.for those who are legend woo power hour week end more exp and credits.

AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/16/2016 14:16:15   
The berserker killer

It's really unfair. We really need more credits and xp for being able to pull off a win with a lvl 37 partner vs 2 lvl 40s. Legendary Points for your player doesn't mean anything in a 2v2 if your partner dies in 2 turns. They need to bring back the old match system. The only way im pulling off wins with a lvl 37, even got a lvl 36 once, is by shielding them and being the focus of the match or by killing the other opponent in 2 turns.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
4/16/2016 17:19:43   
Luna_moonraider

^ Yup and if we lose they should at least give us more credits too cause of the unfairness but no the devs just reduce all credit/exp gain when we lose a few patches ago. how nice. reason why npc are a must when you are legend cause ya need them exp and credits. and there is no 2v2 npc haha oh wells.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/16/2016 17:20:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/16/2016 19:40:22   
The berserker killer

Exactly. Now when we lose we just get less stuff which is absolutely ridiculous. Damn, at least implement a 2v2 underdog mode for the lowest rank/level player that can boost all of his stats by like 10. Damnit.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
4/16/2016 20:19:43   
Cyber Dream

If there isn't talks of major changes in the upcoming patch notes then im officially done with ED. Maybe if we all went on a strike and stopped playing then things that need to be done will get done.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/16/2016 20:19:48   
Lord Machaar

^^ Oh so now lower level/rank players deserve an underdog mode in 2vs2, but in 1vs1, nope they don't, because it's totally fair. Hmm interesting stuff and a groundbreaking logic. Go on, interesting stuff I'm hearing here.

Welcome back Luna, been some time ha.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/16/2016 21:23:57 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
4/17/2016 2:08:58   
Luna_moonraider

Lolz i m just on forums and barely on ED itself if i m on ED i mostly do npcs during power hours and maybe 1 2v2 or so. but thx for the welcome back Machaar :)

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 4/17/2016 2:10:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/17/2016 9:37:04   
SouL Prisoner

Exile feel free to win. Don't really care about the ugly prize.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/18/2016 17:55:43   
nowras

@Machaar
quote:

^^ Oh so now lower level/rank players deserve an underdog mode in 2vs2, but in 1vs1, nope they don't, because it's totally fair. Hmm interesting stuff and a groundbreaking logic. Go on, interesting stuff I'm hearing here.

We never said we wanted to remove underdog in 1v1, we just wanted to nerf it because you, yourself know that rank 49 is the best rank due to underdog mode. This isn't logic at all, I mean how a player that's higher at levels become weaker than those who are lower at levels?! Low ranked players (1-10) should get a better underdog mode and higher ranked players (24-79) should get a weaker underdog mode. This can be simply done if the testers listen to my one simple change that can make this happen... "MAKE UNDERDOG MODE GIVE THE PLAYER WITH THE LOWER RANK 50% OF THE PERKS THAT THE HIGHER RANKED PLAYER HAS." + Make the chance of going 1st for low ranked players higher and lower by a lot for mid-ranked players. How can this be done? Simply When you're a rank 1-10 you get an extra 10% more chance to go 1st when you fight against someone whose E-level is more than yours by 1. Rank 20 players get 5%. Rank 30 players get 4%. Rank 40 players get 3%. Rank 50-70 players get 2%.
Simple and fair isn't it?

< Message edited by nowras -- 4/18/2016 17:57:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/18/2016 18:55:23   
Lord Machaar

^
We simply can not change the whole "underdog mode" system just because it's not working properly in one range of ranks. You are now looking at a small part of the picture, underdog mode covers up levels and ranks. You want to change it because rank 45 - 49 is OP? What about Level 1 - 40 and rank 1 - 20?

Let me add in some maths. When a rank 1 faces rank 50, rank 50 players that is using for example +30 def +30 resis +40 robot +40 aux +30 primary.
+30 def and +30 resistance means 2 eternal protection cores, we cool? (+15 resis + 15 def) x2.
Underdog mode gives +4 +4 +4 +4, which is 2 eternal enhance cores. (+2 +2 +2 +2) x2

Which core are you using now for your armor? Eternal protection. Everyone uses it because it's better. This means that first 20 ranks when they are invested in defense and resistance, just alone, they are better than underdog mode level V or IV. Without ofcourse counting the other 30 ranks that can used in other stuff.

We can't be looking at one part of the picture then try to fix up the whole system, underdog mode is not doing good in some areas, while doing great in other areas, solution is removing ranking system.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/18/2016 20:35:07 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 18
4/19/2016 11:37:24   
nowras

My suggestion is simple mr.machaar. You yourself said it.. Currently it's not fair when a rank 50 fights a rank 1. With my system it's going to be more fair as the lower ranked player is gonna get 50% of what the rank 50 player has of perks which means he's going to have +15 def + 15 resis +20 robot damage +20 aux +15 primary.. Now what do you think is better? The previous 2x 2+ core or this? Of course without a doubt this one is better and in the same time it will fix the rank 49 issue.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/19/2016 13:14:37   
Lord Machaar

It's still not, if devs are going to balance the legendary system they better balance it for good. Current underdog closes the gap, and boosts some luck factors, it's not enough but sometimes, these luck factors are game deciders. When a 5 focus build faces a 5 focus build, your suggestion will favorite the higher rank to win, as that player deals more damage and receives less damage, with 0 more chances for the low rank player to deflect or crit or block. Current underdog system gives these chances to the lower rank players, which once again as I said, are game changers, an IA deflection at the end of the battle for instance, is a game changing deflection. Both, your suggestion and current underdog mode aren't enough to balance the game, maybe a combination of both ways can work, but no one can tell as there are no testers in-game. The game already has imbalances when it comes to classes/skills, and legendary system only make these imbalances much worst, so in order to fix the game, we can't fix shallow things and hope that suddenly all balance problems will disappear, they never will.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/20/2016 7:40:54 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 20
4/19/2016 16:36:07   
The berserker killer

Nowras its useless trying to explain. The majority of individuals who are ABusing underdog mode know very well of the huge bonus that +2/3/4/or 5 gives them when it's added directly to the stats. Yet they continue to complain for some reason. Beats me
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 21
4/19/2016 17:45:45   
Altador987

Why is it that the assumption is that if one loses to an opponent of lower rank/lvl that underdog mode is the automatic reason? +5 or 6 is really not that big of a factor and unless a rank 50vs1 equals + 20 in all stats which is clearly unreasonable then i can't honestly cannot see the problem with the underdog system itself. (if anyone is willing to explain i'm all ears and openminded)
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/19/2016 18:46:43   
Lord Machaar

^ Some players here lack skills and a brain, so they blame it on the underdog mode.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/19/2016 18:48:07 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/19/2016 18:53:03   
c1729

The problem with underdog is a very basic one that has persisted ever since Beta,

Underdog undermines Support's first turn chance. The stat boosts gained are close to negligible in most fights regardless of what I hear, I fought a rank 82 yesterday, I get a +5 boost to all stats, including ones that I hardly use in my class, resulting in it only have partial use unless I am a focus build, my average opponent at these ranks is a focus user with + 40 gun, aux and robot damage, + 30 primary damage, + 30 def/res, + 20 heal, - 10 energy for all core cost. BUT ... I get the first turn chance, this puts me on par and am usually able to take them done if I get a stun or a block.

There are two viable solutions to this in my mind,

1) Remove Underdog's first turn chance, but make it give + 2 to all stats per level/10 rank gap. And please fix the issue where a rank 9 gets underdog over a rank 10.
The issue with this however is still unavoidable in that focus builds derive a greater benefit from all of this, both by being as a higher rank (Since robot damage is involved, and underdog points are equally distributed), a further addition would be to make this underdog allot-able beforehand (maybe make it 6 points) and limit battles to a usage of 50 ranks max.

2) Remove ranks altogether and bring out a reward system for ranking up and offer a full refund to players who have spent Credits/Varium on legendary points. An EXP leaderboard may also complement this well.

~ Enrich, Level 40 (Rank 2)

< Message edited by c1729 -- 4/19/2016 18:57:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/19/2016 19:16:16   
Altador987

going first or second shouldn't make or break you in a game, that's a lack of strategy not a problem in a mode. If you never make plans in case you aren't first then you simply open yourself to whatever strategy they use.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 14th, 2016 - Power Weekend War and More!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition