Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2016 5:02:14   
Ruverki

Can infinity knight stun you infinitely. I couldnt do anything when i was fighting one i was permanently stuck.
Post #: 51
7/16/2016 5:05:47   
T7388

quote:

Daybreak
Rank Needed: 2
Mana Cost: 25 Mana
Cooldown: 16 Seconds
Type: Physical / Magical
Description: If you have at least one stack of Temporal Rift, applies Veil of Compressed Time giving you a Damage Resistance of 50% for 6 seconds. Also applies a a heal over time for 10 seconds based on how many stacks you have of Temporal Rift. If there are no stacks present, traps the opponent in time briefly, applying DayBreak Stun stunning them for 3 seconds. Doesn't consume the stacks.

Even with maxed out haste, the CD is still 8 seconds. So, no they cannot. Especially if they continue to regain mana aswell, which can only happen with stacks of Temporal Rift which prohibits stun. My guess is that someone else was stunning you or you had some lag issues at the time.
AQW  Post #: 52
7/16/2016 5:08:25   
Ruverki

No it was 1v1 pvp. Odd i was permanently stuck and couldn't move or even cast anything..
Could be the server lag issues that is why the stun last so long.

< Message edited by Ruverki -- 7/16/2016 5:09:48 >
Post #: 53
7/16/2016 5:10:07   
T7388

You probably were experiencing some lag....

Or they could have been using a scroll? I don't know if any scrolls make stunning available.
AQW  Post #: 54
7/16/2016 5:13:37   
Ruverki

Qued for the pvp. Fought the person again. The second fight the stun lasted even longer. Yeah hopefully it just the lag. Because he was only level 36 and manage to down me from full hp without me able to cast anything.
Post #: 55
7/16/2016 5:31:55   
T7388

Lag or scroll I guess.

Scrolls that can stun (some have duration mentioned):
Scroll of Shiftburn
Scroll of Petrify
Scroll of Frostbite
Scroll of Charged Flare
Scroll of Ethereal Slumber
Scroll of Chaos Fog
Scroll of Freezing Flame
Scroll of Shadowburn
AQW  Post #: 56
7/16/2016 5:34:17   
Ruverki

alright. Thank you for your reply.
Post #: 57
7/31/2016 14:01:14   
Magmamax1818

I noticed I still had the EpicDuel Destiny PvP Medal +1000 in my bag. Might as well sell it right? Even though it's gone Rare it has become basically useless compared to the Gold PvP Amulet +1500, and it's taking up a valuable bag slot.

There isn't any harm in selling them right? Just wanted to make sure so I don't regret it afterwards .- .
AQ  Post #: 58
7/31/2016 15:46:35   
Dracojan

the other items were all AC so you could bank them but the amulet is not so its best to sell it. ive sold mine ages ago.
DF  Post #: 59
8/9/2016 10:04:23   
axell5

Hey guys, since I'm not allowed to post pvp themed question in the class discussion thread, I'll do it here: Which are the top 1v1 pvp classes and top 5 team pvp ones?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 60
8/9/2016 10:25:12   
Evalis

Quick basic writeup, but....Eternal Inversionist is good for 1v1 with powerful debuffs if used properly. When it gets going, it's really hard to kill. Abyssal Angel is also good in a one on one fight due to being ranged (especially if you don't sit still) and having good buffs for itself such as that END doubling move. In team play it still works because it hits multiple targets. Also, Blaze Binder is good at pretty much everything PvP to be honest. It has multi-target attacks, the reflector to make people think twice about nuking you, and a stun, and DoT's and a damage skill. Oh, it heals too. StoneCrusher is an amazing team class because of the buffs it provides. I've seen a good StoneCrusher make a bunch of rookies look really good in Bludrut. Bard, Daimon, Healer and Oracle make good teammates to a lesser degree. I don't know much about Daimon but the targeted heals are usually pretty strong. Chaos Slayer is still decent in team fights too. Room hopping with the Enigma and Last skill can be effective, you just REALLY have to pay attention and make sure you don't give any opponents Paragon status.
Post #: 61
8/9/2016 10:33:01   
axell5

Yeah i've tasted the back of the pawn of an inversionist... man that thing is strong! Especially once you hit rank 10 i dont know which class can beat that, any idea?

OP/UP reference removed. Please see the first post and refrain from doing so again. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 8/9/2016 11:41:20 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 62
8/9/2016 10:44:16   
Evalis

I took one out with Dragon Knight, but I hit him first. Other than that, I think Blaze Binder and Artifact Hunter could put up a fight. Otherwise I'm not so sure.
Post #: 63
8/27/2016 12:20:48   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

The class is decent, can possibly counter AbA. Though I would like to see self-buffs/heals not target your own character.

We need a new class to neutralize dodge in PvP, quite annoying to deal with.

Classes with Decay aren't as good against Abyssal Angel as you might expect, as Abyssal Angel will want to use Fallen's Judgement pre-fight or at the end of their button-mashed opening Aghast anyway to get the added max HP. The best counter to Abyssal Angel in my experience is Evolved Shaman, it's almost impossible for Abyssal Angel to beat as it relies heavily on consistent non-guaranteed crits for damage output and mana which Elemental Grasp/Embrace taketh away in the most brutal fashion possible.

For Great Thief, Blaze Binder and (Evolved) Shaman will give it a very hard time.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 8/27/2016 12:21:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
8/29/2016 13:49:14   
Evalis

Yep. The Shamans' final moves will make Dodge classes a joke. You start to see the pattern of why things are the way they are. Early on, Dodge was KING. All you fought was Ninjas and Rogues. And the were untouchable except by Warrior or Berserker. Then it became about OHKO's and every class had a nuke, so Reflectors were introduced. Now Reflection has taken off like wildfire, and it would be nice to have some kind of Shieldbreaker class or something like it to balance that out as well.
Post #: 65
9/27/2016 12:17:04   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

I hate that right now even though every brawl is at max players, about half of them are always afk. This makes multiplayer PvP disgusting.

I don't see why they're not just reworking Bludrutbrawl to award combat trophies whenever you beat a player, rather than just 1 or 1-5 when the game is over.
Death Pit awards medals upon beating players, but what people really want is trophies for PvP gear.
DF AQW  Post #: 66
9/28/2016 18:12:39   
Bailey Hudson

quote:

I don't see why they're not just reworking Bludrutbrawl to award combat trophies whenever you beat a player, rather than just 1 or 1-5 when the game is over.
Death Pit awards medals upon beating players, but what people really want is trophies for PvP gear.

I agree with you, PvP needs a re-work.
Post #: 67
9/28/2016 20:12:49   
Aura Knight

If you could get trophies for each indivual kill in a a PvP Zone people could easily get hundred of trophies per fight. Especially in places like bludrutbrawl. This could very well be something that can happen but if it does I would think the cost for certain items would require more trophies than before. And in PvP it may be pretty interesting to see trophies being given for things like getting the first kill, most assists in a PvP. Most players saved. Most damage dealt before being taken down. And the points on each team should receive a penalty for each afk player in the area. While defeating the brawlers and healers and the captain increases the meter, the afk players on your team would also cause it to go down. And I shouldn't be expecting this, but maybe a small cutscene of the best fight during the match. But such a thing seems like too much work.

And for those that don't like PvP but don't mind watching, why can't there be a spectate option?

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 9/28/2016 20:13:06 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 68
9/28/2016 20:26:39   
Veya

quote:

And the points on each team should receive a penalty for each afk player in the area.

Okay... I take a wee bit of issue with this one, wouldn't that cause people to be penalized because one random guy just got up and decided to be jerk? I would legitimately expect people to join rooms specifically to cause grief to others as a form of "trolling".
AQW  Post #: 69
9/28/2016 20:31:06   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

As a whole, the trophy rewards have decreased as it used to be 1-10 trophy rewards per game. Costs have defectively been doubled anyways, which shouldn't have been the case.

If not 1 per kill, then say 25-50% drop rate to make it longer.
I'd like to see the max stack size for trophies increased to like, 2000 anyways. 500 is a little restrictive when there are so many big things to get.

Penalties for afk players would be detrimental to the players actually participating, which is why rewards should only be given to people playing. There's no real way to boot leeches, which is sort of a problem with AQW in general, but at least this is a possibility.
DF AQW  Post #: 70
9/28/2016 20:34:21   
Aura Knight

Well, the rate at which it decreases would be rather small. If it goes up by 100, maybe because of an afk player it loses 10-15 points gaining only 85-90 points. And with each afk player it adds up. This can be good incentive to actually fight in a PvP area. The meter would be increasing still just not as fast if you've got afk players on your own team. But this is only a suggestion so there's no way to tell if such a thing can be done. You could even have it so that the opponents of the team that has afk players gets extra points because they have less afk players. A bonus for actually fighting.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 71
9/28/2016 20:49:05   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Leechers aren't exclusive to one team.
The penalty is a bad suggestion because it only punishes people who actually want to participate rather than those doing nothing.

You also can't only punish people who never step out of spawn, because if that changed, the best way to leech would be to step out and then back.
Awarding trophies based on players defeated is the best way to get rid of those people, not penalties for the entire team.
DF AQW  Post #: 72
9/28/2016 20:57:12   
Aura Knight

Would it really be so bad to have a slight decline in the rate at which your team's meter goes up? I just think if you have a bad team you should lose points. But it would be unfair to those actually trying. Wouldn't be their fault their teammates are doing nothing while the match progresses. It would be easier to have a way to just kick afk players from PvP zones but that hasn't been done yet.
PvP needs a lot of changes to be fun once again. I remember years ago doing bludrutbrawl was actually fun. What changed?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 73
9/28/2016 21:20:39   
Veya

If you have a "bad team" you (probably) lose anyway.

The issue with the suggestion is that the penalty wouldn't be just losing points, you already have a inherent penalty in that you aren't playing with a full team, the other team has the numbers advantage(assuming they don't have their own parasite) AND they aren't bleeding points, I could see that leading up to some justified frustration.

< Message edited by Veya -- 9/28/2016 21:21:38 >
AQW  Post #: 74
9/29/2016 16:55:25   
Bailey Hudson

quote:

If you could get trophies for each indivual kill in a a PvP Zone people could easily get hundred of trophies per fight. Especially in places like bludrutbrawl. This could very well be something that can happen but if it does I would think the cost for certain items would require more trophies than before. And in PvP it may be pretty interesting to see trophies being given for things like getting the first kill, most assists in a PvP. Most players saved. Most damage dealt before being taken down. And the points on each team should receive a penalty for each afk player in the area. While defeating the brawlers and healers and the captain increases the meter, the afk players on your team would also cause it to go down. And I shouldn't be expecting this, but maybe a small cutscene of the best fight during the match. But such a thing seems like too much work.

And for those that don't like PvP but don't mind watching, why can't there be a spectate option?

Well said. Very nice and awesome idea, i hope Alina will read this!
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition