Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2017 11:59:14   
stealth2953

My primary class in PvP is Pyromancer. I noticed that the most effective way for me to beat higher level players with better classes so far, is to use Burning Ward, watch as they try to nuke me, and watch them die. If they're not dead yet, I finish them off with the skill combo of Scorch, Withering Blast, and Flame Orb.

So: My skill order is this:
4 2 3 5
And repeat if they're not dead yet.

Is this the best skill order for Pyromancer in PvP?
AQW  Post #: 151
2/26/2017 17:17:18   
Dracojan

no. the shield is best reserved for when its really needed. in the very beginning of the duel is the worst time, except against cryo.
its best to start with 3 and start walking towards your enemy. apply 2 and nuke with 5. use the shield when you know you are going to need it. this can be learned through experience and is different based on the class of the enemy.
DF  Post #: 152
2/28/2017 20:56:33   
Ton The Eternal

Yeah, don't lead with your shield. You'd be surprised how often you'll come across smart players that won't try to nuke you, because they saw you had Pyro before the match started.
AQ  Post #: 153
3/5/2017 19:02:52   
Aura Knight

Legion Doomknight Bludrut Brawl PvP Time Test

-Legion Doomknight Full Luck Level 64 Enhancement w/ Static Weapon-

98.05 hit
18.02 haste
22.38 crit
22.45 evasion

115 DPS (230-230 2.0 Speed)

Clear all Enemy NPC

Run 1: 2 minutes 25 seconds
Run 2: 2 minutes 34 seconds
Run 3: 2 minutes 41 seconds
Run 4: 2 minutes 41 seconds
Run 5: 2 minutes 22 seconds

Average Time: 2 minutes 33 seconds

-Classic Legion Doomknight Full Luck Level 64 Enhancement w/ Static Weapon-

98.05 hit
18.02 haste
22.38 crit
22.45 evasion

115 DPS (230-230 2.0 Speed)

Clear all Enemy NPC

Run 1: 2 minutes 25 seconds
Run 2: 2 minutes 36 seconds
Run 3: 2 minutes 20 seconds
Run 4: 2 minutes 37 seconds
Run 5: 2 minutes 20 seconds

Average Time: 2 minutes 28 seconds

Both classes seem to clear a private instance of /bludrutbrawl at approximately the same time. I do think Classic is just a bit better because of the higher initial damage on its DoT. In each run, I joined a private room and didn't start timer until I first moved in the starting room and didn't stop it until after Combat Trophy dropped. Getting 5 combat trophies in about 2 and a half minutes isn't something I can say is good or bad as I've nothing to compare it to. But I had nothing better to do and was curious enough to see how classic legion doomknight compared to the new one. As a solo player, I'd like to know things like this and hope someone else finds it useful too.

I used the same set-up as with the damage test I did earlier which I posted in class discussion. This time it was a test of speed in a PvP zone if done alone.

< Message edited by Aura Knight -- 3/5/2017 19:03:32 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 154
3/5/2017 20:38:09   
skull1218

what are the best classes for pvp? bludrut brawl and 1v1. they can be rare or non rare idc
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
3/6/2017 8:53:23   
Lucian Escarlate

Dragon Slayer how to use it in pvp 1x1?
Post #: 156
3/6/2017 17:50:36   
Arcane Energy

@skull1218
Bludrut Brawl: Abyssal Angel, Archpali, Artifact Hunter, BladeMaster Assassin, Blaze Binder, Classic Legion Doomknight, Legion Doomknight, Daimon, Dragon Slayer General, Eternal Inversionist, Evolved Pumpkin Lord, Legion Blademaster Assassin, Elemental Warrior, Evolved Dar Caster, Light Caster, Naval Commander, Pali Highlord, Doomknight Overlord, Paladin, Scarlet Sorceress, StoneCrusher, Ultra OmniKnight, Void Highlord, Unlucky Leperchuan, Great Theif

1v1:
Great Thief
Abyssal Angel (Rank 10) <-- ranged everything and has a stun/heal
Alpha DOOMmega (Rank 10) <-- high nuke
ArchPaladin (Rank 10) <--high nuke/dmg debuff
Artifact Hunter (Rank 10) <--shield and high damage
BeastMaster (Rank 10) <--Can make it so they miss and you dont/healer type heal
BladeMaster (Rank 10) <-- sever/ high nuke
BladeMaster Assassin (Rank 10) <-- high damage
Blaze Binder (Rank 10) <-- sheild/100% hits
Chrono Assassin (Rank 10) <-- reverse dmg
Classic Legion DoomKnight (Rank 10) <-- high dmg/ranged/fast
Cryomancer (Rank 10) <-- high damge
Daimon (Rank 10) <-- high.damage/heal/ranged
Dragonslayer General (Rank 10) <-- high damage/heal/ranged/reduce dmg
Drakel Warlord (Rank 10) <-- evolved warrior
Elemental Dracomancer (Rank 10) <-- shield/ranged
Eternal Inversionist (Rank 10) <-- the debufs it can place
Evolved Pumpkin Lord (Rank 10) <-- fast
Evolved Shaman (Rank 10) <-- elemental embrace
Glacial Berserker (Rank 10) <-- high crits
Healer (Rank 10) <-- amazing because of damage nerf and high heals and mana regain
Legendary Elemental Warrior (Rank 10) <-- high crits/fast/ranged
Legion Blademaster Assassin (Rank 10) <-- high unavoidable crit (evo AO/berserker/exalted soul cleaver)
Legion DoomKnight (Rank 10) <-- same as classic DK
Legion Evolved Dark Caster (Rank 10) <-- high unavoidable nuke/ranged/heal is high
LightCaster (Rank 10) <-- fast/ranged/high damage/heal
Love Caster (Rank 10) <-- has 2 stuns which you can loop and it happens a lot as well(evo ED)
Lycan (Rank 10) <-- stun/debuff/dmg/ranged
Mystical Dark Caster (Rank 10) <-- If you know how to use it correctly wins almost every battle.
Oracle (Rank 10) <-- heal/debuff's it can place
Paladin (Rank 10) <-- high damage/ranged/heal
Pyromancer (Rank 10) <-- useless without shield
Royal BattleMage (Rank 10) <-- can crit high and rarely misses with buff on
Scarlet Sorceress (Rank 10) <-- hgh dmg/heal/ranged/decay
Shaman (Rank 10) <-- better then evo shammy
StoneCrusher (Rank 10) <-- buffs it can place
The Collector (Rank 10) <-- lesser vot
Thief of Hours (Rank 10) <-- lesser chrono assassin
Ultra OmniKnight (Rank 10) <-- fast/high dmg/dmg reduction
Unlucky Leperchaun (Rank 10) <-- very fast
Vindicator Of They (Rank 10) <-- stun/haste nerf/high nuke
Void Highlord (Rank 10)

(ignore the ranks was coped and pasted from character page)

My top 5 in order from strongest to weakest are
VHL, Artifact Hunter, Light caster, Classic DK(and legion dk), Damion

@Lucian Escarlate

To use dragonslayer efficiently in 1v1 you want to use...
Best survivability rate: 2-5-3-4
To get damage: 5-3-4-2

Post edited to remove some content. Please check your PMs if you have not already. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 3/7/2017 0:36:22 >
Post #: 157
3/6/2017 21:11:47   
skull1218

@arcane

wow thanks! i have artifact hunter, and im 12 rotengeniums away from getting VHL
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 158
3/7/2017 9:14:26   
Lucian Escarlate

quote:

@Lucian Escarlate

To use dragonslayer efficiently in 1v1 you want to use...
Best survivability rate: 2-5-3-4
To get damage: 5-3-4-2

Thanks xD
Post #: 159
3/25/2017 14:14:12   
you stop

Anyone got strats to beat ArchPal in 1v1s? I'm having trouble dealing with its heals and damage reduction for the most part :/ I was considering Legion DoomKnight but most of the APs I face against just keep their distance (sad case for melee classes)
AQW  Post #: 160
3/25/2017 16:24:57   
Dracojan

get dodge, make em sad
DF  Post #: 161
3/25/2017 17:31:05   
iDreadnaut

Use VHL. Problem solved.
AQW  Post #: 162
3/25/2017 20:48:24   
Ryuunosuke

^ i agree ^
AQW  Post #: 163
3/25/2017 23:25:54   
zanathos

I have no clue what VHL's effects/damage range, but I'm certain a 90% dmg nerf + big heals+ well timed nuke would provide a decent challenge
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 164
3/26/2017 1:00:07   
skull1218

vhl best class have not lost once to any other class in pvp 1v1 but other VHLS
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 165
3/26/2017 9:13:42   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

@zanathos
Pfff.... as long as VHL gets it's shackle off before a potential crit with Eden, it will be able to outlast Archpaladin for days. It's heal doesn't get reduced by Archpaladin's debuffs, it heals even if it misses/gets dodged, 2 of it's skills are 100% hit and all the Archpaladins I have run into just runs out of mana sooner or later while I can just spam Shackle and Highlord's Gaze, that's how I win most PvPs with VHL anyways, by outlasting the enemy and let them run out of resources. The only way for an Archpaladin to win against VHL is to have the initiative and getting a lucky crit and even the and that's only if the VHL doesn't use a necklace, of he does, there's no way Archoaladin would be able to win. If you start with Seal, the VHL can just stand there and wait for your debuff to fade and then pummel you to the ground.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 3/26/2017 9:14:32 >
AQW  Post #: 166
3/26/2017 9:15:44   
Silver Sky Magician

Can you use scrolls and potions in PvP? That would be a complete game changer and actually provide some use for them.
Post #: 167
3/26/2017 9:28:37   
Dr Disrespect
Helpful!

@above
Yes you can use them in PvP.
Post #: 168
4/1/2017 2:34:21   
Aura Knight

This is going to be a very rough idea but how would you all feel about having a 1v1 tournament combined with a game of chess? The starting point would be /chessmap. We get a full room of players. Half dress in black, half in white and each piece on the board would have a select class to use. There would be two game masters, one for the black side and one for the white side. Thee two would call out moves and players would move accordingly. When a piece in the game is to be attacked or taken, the attacker and the one being attacked would go into a 1v1 battle. Normally in chess, there's an obvious winner and loser when taking an enemy piece but in this case, it's not so simple. The victory depends on the 1v1 fight. So if a player with the position of knight on the chess board attacks a player with the position of a pawn, either the knight can win or the pawn can win. The class choices would need to be thought out well. And this is a detail I've not planned for as this idea came to me late at night. But perhaps this could be something fun. However, I do also think it would be time consuming as well so maybe it won't work. No harm in mentioning it I guess.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 169
4/1/2017 2:38:27   
Silver Sky Magician

Another PvP idea: each player has to choose 3-5 classes and battle 3-5 rounds with his opponent. You have to use each class only once. Best of 3 or 5 wins. If you predict your opponent's rotation right you could win despite having weaker classes.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/1/2017 2:39:48 >
Post #: 170
4/1/2017 5:23:16   
fxmybrute13

My god, Aura, the time a game would last...
DF AQW  Post #: 171
4/1/2017 12:20:04   
Aura Knight

Well, it wasn't a perfect idea. Just something that came to me at 1 in the morning. Figured I may as well mention it while the thought was still fresh. Obviously there are many ways to improve it, but I haven't thought of any.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 172
4/1/2017 14:35:12   
fxmybrute13

Maybe checkers? Less strategy involved, checker games are much shorter than chess games (unless you go real aggressive), and half the amount of people needed.
DF AQW  Post #: 173
4/1/2017 14:54:01   
ShatteredReality
Helpful!

But you can jump over multiple pieces in checkers. How would that work? Would one person have to fight multiple people, or would someone have to fight multiple battles?
AQW  Post #: 174
4/1/2017 16:24:57   
fxmybrute13

Well, you could have the piece thats jumping, fight every piece that it wants to jump over, in order. The jumps stop as soon as the jumping piece loses.
DF AQW  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= PvP Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition