Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

PVP Area, Faction Donation, and Daily World Bosses

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> PVP Area, Faction Donation, and Daily World Bosses
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/25/2016 20:23:35   
The berserker killer

Suggestion: PVP Area:

One of the main problems in this game is that theres no place for people to PVP. Hear me out, we have the 1v1 and 2v2 buttons. We have Jugg. But what if there was an entire map/area devoted to PVP?

What I am suggesting is an Area that will host PVP battles once every hour, on the hour, for rewards. The catch is that this will work differently then the usual battle system. Players are free to walk around in this area and, upon clicking on another player, they will be engaged in the PVP based on the "Map" they are at.

Example:

Pay close attention because everything I'm suggesting should be doable . When the hour comes around, players will have 5 minutes to spawn into the PVP map. Lets use 1v1 PVP for now.
Now players will spawn in on this map on either Team Red or Team Blue after joining a "queue".
You can simply create a "Join Queue" button for this.
At the end of the 5 minutes, players will no longer be able to spawn in.
Both teams will be on opposite ends of the map.
The match will start at the end of the 5 minutes and players will compete in that battle mode while engaging in PVP upon clicking on the other team.
Red team names will be in red, Blue teams names will be in blue
There will be a level 35 requirement.
Upon clicking on someone from the oppositie team, you will automatically engage into a PVP.
The loser has to respawn with a cooldown of 1 minute while the winner gets to continue on to whatever the Objective is.

Objectives can include:

Flag Capturing- Working the same way as the old flag system (The one without battle tokens).
Team DeathMatch- Just kill the other team, and gain 1 point for every win.

The only way to make your own team will be to create a Squad. Squads work the same as Factions but are solely for PVP areas. You can create a squad up to 15 players and can only recruit people from your alignment. Being a Squad leader is different from a Faction Leader so it IS possible to be the leader of both a Squad and a Faction. It is also possible to be a leader of a Faction and a member of someone elses Squad.

Varium can be used to respawn faster.

Awards include Credits and arcade tokens for the winning side.

Realistically speaking, all of that is possible to implement.

EDIT: 2v2 areas can work with ally link. I personally don't like the idea of jugg areas but it's not just about me so feel free to comment.

Suggestion: Faction Donations
My suggestion is to have Faction Donations. Now I thought about this a lot and came to the conclusion that Donations should be credit based as it is a currency that everyone has access to.

The way this will work is that in the far back room of Faction HeadQuarters there will be several flags that individuals can donate to in order to receive Faction Bonuses.

Starting off, every flag will be at level one. Flags will be maxed out at Level 20.

Upgradable flags will include:

1) XP Boost %
2) Credit Boost %
3) Arcade Token Drop %
4) Increase Bomb Drop %
5) Increase DMG % vs opponents of different alignments

Suggestion: World Boss
My suggestion is to have a Daily World Boss. Meaning that once a day, during a specific time (WHICH IS WHY THIS GAME NEEDS AN IN GAME CLOCK), a random NPC will gain the attributes/characteristics of Delta Vault.

A banner will come on players screens alerting them which NPC is the Daily Boss.

Players will attack said boss with a leaderboard tracking the damage dealt by each player. The leaderboard will be used to give EVERY participating player an reward however giving the top 10 players something exclusive (like more credits or something) even if the boss is not defeated.

If the boss is defeated, the fixed amount of credits that every player would've received (if the boss was not defeated) would get multiplied by 5. XP would get multiplied by 2.

Example: Titans the boss.

If we do not kill him, yet I participated, I will receive 10k credits and 500 xp.

If we DO kill him, and I participated, I will receive 50k credits and 1k xp.

If we DO kill him and I got in the top 10, I will receive 50k credits, 1k xp, and something like 30 arcade tokens.

If we do NOT kill him, and I got in the top 10, I will receive 10k credits, 500 xp, and 30 arcade tokens.

Those are all just examples of numbers.

This system will keep cycling so, in order for that to happen, you must first create a World Boss version of at least 5 different NPCS and implement them in game along with abutton that players can click on to challenge this World Boss. If a World Boss event is not active, then a error message will display alerting the player that the event has not yet started.

EDIT: No experience points shall be received, at all. This will purely be a credit experience

Multiple suggestions merged ~Battle Elf

Post edited ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/9/2016 7:12:27 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
4/26/2016 7:50:36   
Altador987

Have you played Wartune? Cause this is a lot like the game... I mean it would be interesting and is certainly doable but it's almost on the verge of changing the game or mimicking others.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/26/2016 11:16:25   
The berserker killer

Havent played it and it wouldn't necessarily be changing the game, I see where youre coming from though. THis will just be another feature happening once an hour that will encourage players to participate as opposed to sit around or even go off-line. With the right amount of rewards, this is what will keep players online and steadily increase numbers.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
4/26/2016 11:31:09   
Altador987

I wasn't saying i didn't like the idea because i love it! I suppose i'm just wondering how much the devs want their game to be closely relatable to others.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/26/2016 12:41:09   
The berserker killer

Good point. I guess you just have to think of it in another perspective. Instead of seeing it as being "relatable" ask yourself "is there a more fun and different way to do things?". I mean the only reason so many games are probably doing this because it's the only option other than the current system of clicking a button (which has gotten pretty repetitive and boring over the past 6/7 years).

Is there another way to do things? Idk, if you do find one though comment it for sure. Just make sure it's simple and doable!
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> PVP Area, Faction Donation, and Daily World Bosses
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition