Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Frysteland War Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Frysteland War Thread
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/27/2016 6:47:57   
Silver Sky Magician

The Frysteland War has started anew! The Legion has broken the uneasy truce and is attempting to wrest back territory from the Krampus. The Exiles are defending their Krampus Allies to maintain their foothold in the region. Legion forces are sending Yetis through the Warp Gates to attack the Exiles' Fortress Core, while the Exiles are defending the Fortress Core by targeting the Warp Gates. Legion has taken a small lead of ~30,000 points in this tight contest, but it is a stark contrast to the Exile dominance in most previous wars. Can the Legion build on the momentum from its previous victory to pull off back-to-back wins? Or will the Exile hold strong to deny them a winning streak?

Please use this thread for war discussions and informing others of war rally times to increase coordination and chances for victory. With such small margins, every player can make a difference. Strategy discussions are also welcome - Exile, for instance, seems to have made the grave error of targeting all the Warp Gates haphazardly, and seems to be focusing on the Standard Objective of all things. Strategic coordination could well make the difference between sweet victory and bitter defeat!

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/27/2016 6:48:36 >
Post #: 1
4/27/2016 7:04:15   
SouL Prisoner

I miss the times when Legion was the one losing most of the times.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/27/2016 9:18:46   
Lord Machaar

Why the hell are legions fighting for a Taxi Car 2.0. Like fall back guys and enjoy the war rallies.
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/27/2016 9:58:06   
SouL Prisoner

^ikr. And the war prize gets uglier and uglier every war. I know how much Dev's are busy, but at least war prize should be designed by NW.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/30/2016 23:48:51   
Mother1

The perfect battle plan for exiles (sense we are on the defense) would be this.

1) Weaken the health target until it does less damage than the standard one "AND LEAVE IT ALONE!"

2) Destroy the finisher before it gets to the point where it can do real damage.

3) Destroy the standard objective.

4) Now destroy the weakened health objective seeing as the more it is attacked the less damage it does, and the only boost that would be given would be when a war rally hits.

If those one defense always followed this plan it would be a piece of cake with the right amount of numbers fighting.

For offense it would go like this.

Use the health objective for as long as you can until it becomes weaker than the standard one.

If that happens use the Standard objective until the finisher becomes stronger than the standard one then switch over to it accordingly.

Sadly not everyone follows these battle plans.
Epic  Post #: 5
5/2/2016 3:13:37   
SouL Prisoner

^Because most f them don't know how it works and nobody cares either. Just drop bombs where you get the highest damage or wherever you ended up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/2/2016 7:00:01   
Lord Machaar

That just shows that Exile won in the past wars due to the huge difference in amount of players. They are really unorganized and still managed to win. That just shows vast majority of damage dealt by exiles is dealt by alts/low level players. While on the legion side (Check CS war LBs for example), you will find that top 3 legion factions have done most of the work (sometimes up to 20% of total damage).

Heck if you put the starter place for players near the standard objective they will start with it, or near finisher objective, they will start with it. They will start with whatever objective is put near their start up point. And once the health bar of said objective starts to get lower, more and more players will get attracted to that objective. And sadly, exile still managed to win even though starting with the wrong objective (Except few times).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/2/2016 7:01:55 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
5/2/2016 16:24:15   
Elloisoul

lol i just log in and saw only 22 people are online
Post #: 8
5/3/2016 11:14:59   
SouL Prisoner

Happy and Losing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/3/2016 17:34:31   
Mother1

@ lord Machaar

It wasn't until the 4th war (overlord facility) That anyone even started with doing part this formula partically correctly. The first 3 wars were the most unorganized I had seen. In fact as I pointed out many times the only reason exile even won that war was because a war rally happened that gave exile the boost it needed to win. Cause in that war legion had the edge to the point where Exile was getting the war rallies most of the war.

As for the most organized I have actually seen was when legion won it's first war in the west naval yard. While they didn't follow the plan I wrote to the key they did go after the finisher right after they destroyed the health objective instead of going to the standard. Had they did it the other way around exile might have won that war instead of legion.

The irony of this is that in the next war (were legion won again) Exile players didn't follow this formula or try to mirror move what legion did in the last war which was the smartest play I have seen in any of the wars and because of it lost.
Epic  Post #: 10
5/3/2016 19:08:37   
Lord Machaar

^ I'm mostly speaking about the wars after the long break (1 year), dread plains and CS wars notably, where a massive amount of players joined exile side. The war rally buff is what balanced the war to an extent making any alignment starting with the wrong objective loses the war.

As for past wars, numbers weren't that much of a trouble, more than the pay to win aspect of the wars.

MQ Epic  Post #: 11
5/4/2016 13:05:53   
overdead

quote:

lol i just log in and saw only 22 people are online
The players might as well form a fan club and set up Friday Night Epicduel. Srsly tho, with so few of you left, might as well try know each other to, you know, "keep the fire burning" through a support group.

I can picture it now.
"So Machaar, how was your week?"
"It was great, got an average of 100 wins a day this week."
*the others clap their hands*
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/4/2016 14:56:34   
Optimise

@overdead - There was a short downtime for an update, to add the war prize. Elloisoul logged into ED right after the update/downtime was concluded and therefore did not realize that an update had occurred, which led him/her to believe there were only 22 people online at the time as people were slowly logging back in.
Post #: 13
5/4/2016 22:57:27   
GodOfTechno

WARS have become futile. Whoever has the patience to wait for war rallies stands the best chance and wont spend as much. Which objective to attack is pretty obvious attacking or defending, which one does more damage. Some don't see the potential of the finisher objective doing more damage.

< Message edited by GodOfTechno -- 5/4/2016 23:29:41 >
Epic  Post #: 14
5/10/2016 19:15:59   
Lord Machaar

And once again, Exile pull off another win thanks to the pay2win aspect of the war system, wasting the huge and legit effort done by Legios.
Not really feeling bad for the loss, since that war prize, is just like taxi car 2.0. Just seeing that the current war system is far from getting fixed.

Legions pulling off a win despite the huge difference in players numbers is feasible, but stockpiling 500 bombs, and releasing them in the last second is not something you can encounter. Anything is good if those pockets are getting full, good for the devs I think. The thing is, there is some cash being pulled out from the game being broken, it's just sad you don't see it spent on the game, like updates and whatnot. If devs are going to pull out some cash from the pay2win aspect of wars, or gifting event, at least re-spend it on the game to promote for other things, like bi-weekly updates with missions and whatnot. This is sort of big companies that pollute the earth (Broken features in-game) who pulls tons of cash, but they end up investing some of it to promote for environment stuff like funding renewable energy sources and whatnot.
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
5/12/2016 2:52:38   
SouL Prisoner

^ and f2p players cannot stock more than 10 bombs, are you KIDDING ME?? 10!!??? At least make it like 50-100 or something.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Frysteland War Thread
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition