Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

mercenary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> mercenary
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/1/2016 15:28:43   
RaXZerGamingZ

mercenary class ( normal not tactikal ) is way too balanced therefor easy to beat because lets face it , bounty hunter has dex OP build , bloodmage plasma cannon and support , tech mage support and dex , cyber hunter has plasma grenade and 3 turn cooldown energy move , tactikal good energy controll , but mercenary nothing except somewhat working support , energy move steals way too low , my suggestion is that normal merc has no weapon requarements or that energy move gets a small buff and has 3 turn cooldown
Post #: 1
5/1/2016 16:47:08   
  Exploding Penguin

TLM has awful energy control. Atom smasher is a really bad skill right now.

IMO mercenary just needs lower energy costs. Their skills cost way too much energy for how little impact they are, save for a few specific ones like blood commander that gives a lot of value for the energy cost.
Epic  Post #: 2
5/1/2016 17:07:53   
RaXZerGamingZ

^ you are correct but i am tlm now and my energy controll is pretty good its not awsfull in anyway
Post #: 3
5/1/2016 18:26:09   
  Exploding Penguin

Energy control is both stealing and gaining energy, not just generating it.

Battery backup gives you a lot of energy but you don't have a strong way of stealing aside from cores.
Epic  Post #: 4
5/1/2016 23:46:49   
Cyber Dream

Ok, here's my input on the Merc class.

Before actives switched to passives, Merc was a great class. It was excellent for tanking and heavy hitting. Didn't really have to rely on energy control that much. It was also great at supporting a teammate. It's just that mercs as a class weren't able to adapt to this new meta. Everything a merc can do, any other class can do and they do it better. So the problem isn't the merc class itself. It's the result of indirect nerfing as a class due to "balance". IMO if ED keeps heading in the direction where every class is exactly the same or similar then this cycle will continue to repeat itself with every class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/2/2016 0:09:51   
Altador987

2 things first: Atom smasher is actually quite good, it doesn't take a huge chunk no but it's not really necessary for a tlm not to mention it has a 3 turn cd which makes it more reliable to stop opponents from simply going crazy with emps and the like. which brings me to my next statement that atom smasher is absolutely horrid for mercenary. 4 turn cd, doesn't steal a lot, doesn't gain a lot. And merc skills are super costly. It was a powerhouse when passives were alive but now that they're gone the armor skill is ridiculously costly and not really worth using.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/2/2016 0:32:02   
  Exploding Penguin

Pretty sure easy and reasonable fix would be to just lower the energy costs on most of Merc's skills.
Epic  Post #: 7
5/2/2016 9:34:21   
Cyber Dream

That was done in the past. It was done to alot of classes. How would it give merc an edge this time?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/2/2016 13:07:03   
Altador987

i'm not concerned with giving it an edge, the idea isn't for any class to have an edge really, the hope is simply to bring it up to par. Considering the skills a merc has there isn't a single 1 that isn't mp costly, not to mention double hit, beserker, and whatever the rage skill is named are hardly ever usable. the least they could do is make them accessible
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/2/2016 20:22:07   
  Exploding Penguin

If they aren't going to give merc a buff to their energy control they should at least make all of merc's skills really economic. Could add something unique to the class
Epic  Post #: 10
5/2/2016 22:06:32   
Altador987

agreed, the class is just so lackluster now
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/2/2016 23:06:58   
Cyber Dream

@altador by "edge" I meant up to par. Just poor wording by me.

@exploding yes that could happen, but why just make one class unique? As soon as merc gets something unique added then it's going to be a call from players to get other unique skills added to other classes. So unless the skill added is the start of a long term plan to make each class unique then it's going to be pointless considering merc will move up in tier and another class will drop, repeating the cycle. I kinda feel the same way about making merc more "economic". Lowering the skill cost will make merc a very good class if you have the right cores. But like I said, I don't recall any balance update that made each class contemptible with each other. So if this happens, another class will takes mercs place as the worst class and we will continue to have the same conversation.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/2/2016 23:25:23   
  Exploding Penguin

The point is more of a focus on adding more flavor to the class rather than balancing it. It's just killing 2 birds with one stone in the process.

And there will always be a "worst" class because balance isn't perfect so I don't see the issue with that.

Epic  Post #: 13
5/4/2016 22:06:58   
GodOfTechno

As I've said before any experienced ED player has a class of every type. That way when one is OP you use that one or build a class specifically to beat that one I.E. the support tech mage that takes away a bounties res even further and has a buff against the physical multi of a bounty. If they don't they probably already quit. Also cyber hunter is op between its energy drain and weapons energy drain against any op energy reliant class. This seems fit to go into the mercenary class discussion thread.

< Message edited by GodOfTechno -- 5/4/2016 22:18:13 >
Epic  Post #: 14
5/5/2016 8:10:34   
RaXZerGamingZ

just as a quik thing to say , max berzerker cost 420 energy i think , max stun grenade is 255 ( aswel as thunder ) both stun grenade and thunder are unblockable and very easy to stat abuse , berzerker is blockable cost double the energy and its most of the time doesnt do more damage. The static smash move is complete trash , cant even steal 300 energy without going full strenght and adding bloodcommander ontop of it, it can get weakend by intimidate , and even if you steal energy and get 170 at most back , opponent use frost shards and 150 energy gone. All and all both my favourite classes are ruined.
Post #: 15
5/5/2016 13:57:07   
Altador987

I agree that beserker is complete trash especially considering most builds relying on defense, as well as static smash. I'm not sure what would be a decent fix/replacement for beserker though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/5/2016 14:41:39   
Gold Shock

quote:

I'm not sure what would be a decent fix/replacement for beserker though.

That one is easy. Give mercenary a skill that scales with DEXTERITY. That is absurd they have nothing that scales with this stat. Also make static smash scale with technology.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/5/2016 18:25:45   
RaXZerGamingZ

yea that is what should happen , a skill improving with dex and static improving with tech, 5 focus merc would work pretty well then , and as i said energy cost should be lowerd allot , 420 energy for blockable attack ? and now since everybody is abusing the living hell outta dex and tech berzerker is pretty garbage
Post #: 18
5/7/2016 7:06:11   
Altador987

i'm ok with buffing static smash however putting it with tech is prolly not the best idea as that's already a stat that mercs heavily rely on. A dex skill would be nice tho
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> mercenary
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition