Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 12th, 2016 - Friday the 13th!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 12th, 2016 - Friday the 13th!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/12/2016 17:33:08   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

May 12th, 2016
Friday the 13th!
The Frysteland War has concluded and the Exiles have prevailed, maintaining control of that frigid, but vital, outpost. After a few weeks of cooldown, the War will reignite in a much warmer region: The Infernal Mines!
This was a close fight, closer than we've seen in awhile. The outcome of the next region will be anyone's guess!

The myserious menace of Delta V, Caden, has just received a stock of interesting new Friday the Thirteenth weapons and items! These limited quantity items, crafted by the most demented individuals in the star system (Guest Artists Theon, Assassin Order, Deuce, and Valoroth) emit a threatening aura of dread destined to strike fear in the hearts of anyone unfortunate enough to be on the sharp end.

The Dark Omen weapons crafted by the legendary Charfade will come pre-equipped with the vicious active core Dark Omen. This core will cause you to strike your target, inflicting a Curse-like effect, diminishing them in physical size while debuffing Support. Because this skill is similar to the aforementioned Curse core, it cannot be stacked on top of Curse or Curse Aura.

These items will be available tomorrow, Friday the 13th, along with the returning Friday the 13th achievement. They will be limited quantity so once they're gone, they'll stay gone until the next Friday the 13th which looks like...January 13, 2017? Yikes! Don't let this opportunity pass!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/12/2016 18:38:24   
Lord Machaar

Glad the devs listened a bit, recreating mockong versions of rare cores. As stated in the DNs, this new core called Dark Omen is a similar version of Curse Aura (Passive core of Delta weapons/armor). I'm sure they haven't spent much time making it, a new name, a new design for the core symbol, plus making active. Making active is even better, since being passive isn't really that game changing.

I would like to know more details about this core.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/12/2016 18:48:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/12/2016 18:38:29   
  Exploding Penguin

Well, you guys got what you were asking for: cores coming back in a new form on a new weapon from previous perma-rares. I know that the delta curse core isn't something people really want to use, but hopefully they will start to do this for other cores as well.
Epic  Post #: 3
5/12/2016 18:45:41   
Altador987

honestly i dislike the idea a lot. I'll use the frysteland gear as an example... the two armors that have the frostbite core have a passive core with 11% chance for opponents to lose 150 mp over 3 turns. while that's nice and dandy when it does happen... it doesn't happen very often, but oh look I can just get the frostbite core for primary and use it in every match if i want. while yes it does cost mp and yes i could in fact get both... i lose more potential than i gained, to the point where i sold the armor because it simply wasn't useful now that there was an available core to use in every match guaranteed.

Meh guess that's just my opinion though, i'm glad they decided to make some new weapons though they look nice enough
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/12/2016 18:58:08   
Lord Machaar

^ The problem is not in the core itself, the problem is each type of weapon now, has a very OP core, like generator/tranquility as an active armor core, or eternal protection/enhance as a passive armor core, azrael's anguish, as an active sidearm core, and etc...

Devs can't really introduce cores tht compete with these already existing OP cores, without making them OP. But I think either ways, it is better, 2, 3 or 4 OP cores is better than 1 dominating core.

Nerf is the easiest way to solve this, but I think devs should give reintroducing rare cores a chance, before doing so. They might change something.
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
5/12/2016 19:50:45   
Satafou

Hardly a new unique core, the core already exists. Yeah it's not on a primary but that isn't the point. This just goes to show how lazy the devs really are lol. It's really quite sad, but not unexpected after all that has happened over the years of disappointment.
Post #: 6
5/12/2016 20:06:00   
Altador987

well, no i think the cores themselves are fine honestly, i just don't see a point in the passive cores that you spend money on to only have them activate very rarely. at least with eternal protection and the health passive i know it's active each game. In other words, i wouldn't bother to buy the armors. but maybe what i'm really saying is the armor cores need to be better...hmmmm lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/12/2016 21:24:17   
  Exploding Penguin

@Satafou
The people on the forums asked for cores from previous pre-omega promos and the suggestion of clones for them came up to satisfy both the promo owners and the new players. This is simply an effort to implement a reasonable suggestion by some members of the community.
Epic  Post #: 8
5/12/2016 22:17:48   
The berserker killer

The problem is that so many people are so caught up with "this is mine, this shouldn't come back" to the point where they don't see that there really isn't an alternative. Devs have said time and time again that cores are hard to make and difficult to code, and I have suggested time and time again to simply remake cores and give them a different name.

It's content that adds diversity to the game. And when you put them in game for all players to enjoy, youll definitely see a happier and more active playerbase.

I hope the devs continue on this path and especially start recycling other material such as the Black Abyss attack moves, Davaarils attack moves, and simply giving them to classes. The art has already been created and some of the moves are identical (P/E and unblockable). That would really spice things up a bit.

I'm not going to come back to this game yet, but seeing the remake version of cores is definitely appealing.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
5/12/2016 23:57:03   
Lord Machaar

@Altador
The passive armor core you are talking about is at least better than some other passives cores (Icy Chill, etc...), who have 0 interest in PVP. Easy solution is unlocking locked cores, allowing you to equip the cores you want to your weapon of choice. A suggestion that was turned down by the devs because they want to maintain the weapons indentity.

quote:

but maybe what i'm really saying is the armor cores need to be better..

It's not as easy as that. I said the easiest way to make other cores work better, is by nerfing other OP cores. If we have 1 OP core and 10 UP cores, better nerf one, or buff 10. When you start buffing a lot of cores, that might create other problems. And you just gave an example, Frost Aura, the core you are talking about, a passive armor core, which gives a 15% to steal 150 energy from your enemy if he hits you. You want to make it 100% to be on par with other passive cores, so the first attack from your opponent, he starts losing 50 energy per turn for 3 turns. So far, a doable idea. But there are more complex things in the background like, some classes have different access to energy, mercenary for example and cyber hunter. Let's imagine a cyber hunter with the following cores:
- Piston Punch (Active armor core) = 200 - 290 energy.
- Frost Aura (Buffed passive armor core) = 150 enegy.
- Frost shards (Active sword core) = 150 energy.
- Energy Shot = 100 energy.
and an energy stealing skill, EMP grenade 400 - 500 energy (depending on support)
Total energy drained is over 1.2k, more than what any mercenary build can recover from. Some say both classes will have access to these cores, but both classes have different energy skills, thus access to energy.

This is just a simple example of what could happen if some cores are recklessely buffed to be on par with other OP cores. Therefore I think nerfing 1 OP core, or introducing other OP cores other other types is better than buffing already existing cores. Otherwise if we had a dedicated balance team, buffing other cores wouldn't affect balance that much, sadly we don't.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/12/2016 23:59:56 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
5/13/2016 2:16:42   
Xendran

This is a great way to do things because restricting cores is one of the things that hurts player retention and playstyle variety.
There are a lot of very powerful cores, but often most of them aren't accessible. Because of this, new players hitting the level cap generally only have one of the really powerful cores available for each slot, so there isn't really any choice to be made there.
It also prevents them from trying other playstyles, despite seeing other players being able to use their characters differently.

I think eventually we should have counterparts to every rare core, with slight differences and maybe different animations.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
5/13/2016 2:50:05   
SouL Prisoner

I still hope they unlock all cores. Maybe once your level 40. That enough time given to grow up in-game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/13/2016 18:28:05   
Altador987

@Lord Machaar

you misunderstand me, in your example you've taken the assumption that i want the percent buffed to 100. By no means do i want it anywhere close to that amount...my point is incentive. The hope would be that said core activating wouldn't be a rarity otherwise you're not really getting your money's worth. I don't even want the percent at 40 i'd say 30 at the most but 11-15 is scarce.

It should also be noted that i'm frankly not interested in what fix is the easiest, the easiest things in life are usually not worth much. Also i feel the comparison of OP to UP weapons is flawed. When comparing 1 OP weapon to 9 UP weapons we have to be careful of the middle grand that we're comparing them all to. When we state that the 9 weapons are UP are they UP because they're flawed? Or simply because the "OP" is better? In this regard we might surmise that said "OP" weapon is in fact not OP but the others are lacking OR the other weapons are good and the "OP" weapon has no costs/risks.

Take the azrael gun, it's widely considered OP, yet the only other gun cores we have are spreadfire, (which is rather lackluster in 2v2 which is what it's core is made for), the arctic gun, (which is decent but the cost of it's power if used incorrectly is extremely detrimental, not to mention it can be deflected), and the mini emp that is available to all. It would certainly be easier to nerf the azrael gun, but then we've lost something. The players gain nothing from it. The potential to have more cores is wasted on nerfing a very good core.

@Beserker
They started to add certain cores as class skills with the BM fireball... i was really hoping they'd really utilize it though as currently it's not really worth much. but i do hope if they add on to the skill tree it'll be skills more along those lines.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/13/2016 19:18:26   
Lord Machaar

40% or 30% of Frost Aura working is still a minor chance, ofcourse compared to an OP core like eternal enhance/protection, I would rather have a +15 defense/resistance with me 100% of the time. Otherwise if such OP core didn't exist, comparing Frost Aura to let's say Reflex Boost (6% chance to block the enemy), Frost aura would be perfectly fine, because in the end, they are both luck-dependent. Most passive cores are like this, they give a chance to do this or that, they wouldn't really be UP if there wasn't 1 core that gives 100% a sure thing.

It's the easiest solution to nerf 1 OP core/skill. Is it a perfect solution? Not really, but can 1 balance tester (which is also an AK/mod/tester/bug tracker..etc) do any better? I really think not. I would prefer taking the easiest solution, thus dodging the creation of more balance problems (as I stated above), or go the hard way, and end up with tons of balance problems. If we had a competent balance team, that wouldn't be a problem. So I'm just being realistic.

Azrael's anguish's will deserves a nerf, that has some benefits, like increasing variety (players can use other active sidearm core), and also 2vs2 battles will be more fun to play, rather than finishing in 4 turns. That's what players could gain from nerfing X OP core, but is that again a great choice, that's the question. Introducing tons and tons of new cores would do that, without actually nerfing anything, but again, is that possible? Sadly it's not. So we gotta work and improve the game with what we have.
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
5/13/2016 20:37:13   
racing.lo.mas

Hm if they are adding the old cores with a weaker way, I'd like to see an energy version of the chairman's fury.

By the way, this new core deals 100% damage?
Epic  Post #: 15
5/13/2016 21:15:48   
Altador987

I feel like that tactic is what got us into this mess in the first place. Whenever a class has excellent synergy, instead of using the class as a model to improve the others as well, the one good class gets nerfed. We didn't solve the class synergy problems of the other classes we just made it slightly more tolerable. I mean you CAN choose to go about solving issues that way, but why not try something new?
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/13/2016 21:38:13   
Lord Machaar

That's sadly the case. Idealy, if we had a good balance team, we would be able to pull off some good balance changes without targetting X class or X build or X skill, this way no one gets upset. But that's "if". Best example, "Kartherax bot", the special attack of this bot encounters strenght builds. Str bm build once was so OP, but this bot just encountered it without even nerfing the build. That's how introducing new cores/skills/bots increase variety and fix some balance issues. But is that possible? There has been almost 2 years and the answer is clear, it's not. Devs quitted the game, so we can't really expect much.

Some balance changes that were done, made some players wish the game stayed broken. That's the question now, is balancing this or that really that much needed? Because if it isn't, balancing it would just make the game even worse, so better keep it as it is. War rally is a good example, it was buffed according to devs, but it was actually nerfed, until we suggested an appropriate buff here ( I don't know if you were here when this happened, but I think the idea is clear).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/13/2016 21:49:25 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
5/13/2016 21:57:07   
Altador987

If by here you mean on the forums i go on and off... if you mean the game itself yes i've been here for quite a while. Meh, i'm stubborn and refuse to give up on the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/13/2016 23:09:12   
Lord Machaar

Talking about forums. You can check up DNs of february (When Cs war started and war rally fix introduced, and the following patchnotes).
That was a pretty good example of how devs could screw up balance trying to fix it. Simply because they are focusing on other stuff, and 100% disconnected from the game. You can't expect much in this situation.
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
5/14/2016 7:45:42   
Amethystlock

Well - gonna be tricky using dark omens (itty-bitty-ness) for me, when going against someone with freaky high support, you want to get them down quick, take advantage of low-down def/res, and a weak-ish strike isn't going to be rapid enough when you got LIGHTNING comin' at ya every two turns and at such a low energy cost and with such fierce/feisty rage JEEZ.

In other words to put up, it's been nearly a month since an update, and when one does come . . . hmhmhach . . . I look in the shop, byootiful new things, mine's good though, then look for a mission chain for friday the 13th and realize, oh, it's an achievement that's worth some good credits for some good rating points. nice. then that's it, right? all the sights to see. after nearly a month. i wish i could help out with updates - i love writing stories (though my writing skills you can tell are iffy-miffy, and don't get started on programming and art design) and i'm (and many others are) easy to please - we fall for a good story.

please write more stories and missions (preferably with lots of credits *winkwinkwince*.) i know some people who this could really help them out with in the writing corner o' this forum! but more important - telling the stories of the interesting (and not so interesting, which is still interesting) and entertaining vagabonds and denizens of Delta V. so much goodness to work with
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/14/2016 14:40:28   
  Exploding Penguin

Use of the delta curse core would probably be better utilized vs. builds with low support so that you can make the support difference even more impactful. Supposing it's like curse and is a flat -20 support, it won't be effective vs. support builds because of diminishing returns unless the point is to remove the initial burst from an artillery strike + auxiliary combo.

The newer one is definitely good for surpressing support builds by a decent amount for a short period of time, although idk if it's long enough to warrant spending the 115 energy to do so.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 5/14/2016 22:37:40 >
Epic  Post #: 21
5/21/2016 1:32:22   
Amethystlock

i get the feeling that the dark omens core would be best used in a situation where all of your good skill options are cooling down, and you happen to have a little extra energy up your sleeve from your last energy-thieving skill, (not if you have enough energy for healing, and you're sure you'll survive long enough for the cool-down), and you want to suppress the auxiliary and robot of a focus 5 or a hard-hitting support's auxiliary skill-build. so many conditions! nice as it is anyway, you can stay with me, my bonny blood-hawk who soars in from nowhere and then just leaves me.

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 5/21/2016 1:42:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/24/2016 3:52:27   
SouL Prisoner

It's war time and i can't find players for a 2v2. :/ the game is officially dead. i feel sorry for players like Comical.. Should have rather played COC or something...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 12th, 2016 - Friday the 13th!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition