Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Faction Feasts/Toasts

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Faction Feasts/Toasts
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2016 13:28:27   
The berserker killer

Please lock this thread.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/19/2016 7:03:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
5/17/2016 14:28:35   
Satafou

I don't see why this can't be implemented, but i also don't see the actual need for it. I doubt the devs would even bother to implement this anyways.
Post #: 2
5/17/2016 14:35:33   
8x

Are those prices final or are those just examples? I'm pretty sure that those prices would be multiplied by at least 10, if this was implemented. (125 varium gives 18 people 20 tokens? :O)

quote:

Any arguing or un-constructive criticism is not appreciated and will result in asking for this thread to be locked.

So, if someone argues against you, you will give up on the suggestion and request a lock? (Reverse psychology. ^This is how you get people to argue with you, even if they weren't planning to.)
Epic  Post #: 3
5/17/2016 17:47:32   
The berserker killer

@Satafou: Once again there's a a million reasons not to implement something and there is no given time-frame. As stated, this suggestion is merely for fun. There was no implication that this was needed. Thank you for your reply.

@8x: No the prices are not final, just examples. And yes, however rather than arguing I do prefer a nice conversation without bias, "sneak-dissing" or words that basically belittle the other person. I don't play this game anymore so any arguing just isn't worth it. Forums were respectful when I first joined though but now all i'm getting in suggestions, and all I'm seeing, is people putting other people down for offering a mere suggestion as opposed to explaining to them in a calm manner why the idea isn't a good one. They find hundreds of reasons not to implement something, while considering their personal feelings towards the suggestion to be more important than the community, hence giving the suggestion itself (along with the community) a bad look.

I'm not here to argue. I'm here doing the same thing I've been trying to do since the beginning: offering simple suggestions that will give players something to do and keep us occupied. So, if an active player of ED comes on the forums and tries to belittle me with a negative tone and un-constructive criticism about a potentially good idea that benefits nearly everyone....i'm not fighting back. You guys play the game too, you guys know very well what the game needs. Yet they allow their immaturity and personal feelings to cloud their judgement. They become so occupied with fighting to unite instead uniting to fight for a more fun game.

It's not my game anymore. It's yours now. So i'm not fighting.

Edit: Lol I mean look in the forum below me. You guys really think that was the way to go about things? Nearly each and every one of the individuals who replied on that forum did so with malicious intent and with little respect to the OP. That alone is disgusting, revulsive, and makes me want to go off forums now. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and even our PR liaison could've done better with his wording. It's clear that the OP is asking for old promos to come back so instead of criticizing and belittling him/her for that you guys could have explored your options and gathered some more information as to exactly what the individual wants the most: Cores or the art. Below is something I would've written:

quote:

Even though the devs have broken their promise in the past quite a few times, I don't think old promos will be coming back soon. Personally I wouldn't mind, but realistically the devs themselves have said that they won't be releasing old promos. Maybe if it's the cores you want then we can push for them to remake the cores of old promos and possibly sell them in vendbot? This way the core and the art maintain their uniqueness, the playerbase can experiment/have some fun, and you partially get what you want to. Is that okay?

But no. Instead of following the steps of 1) Addressing the problem 2) Offering constructive criticism & 3) Offering a counter-suggestion based off of the criticism, everyone just criticizes in a negative manner. The majority of them attacked a single player who came on forums to solely make the game better in his/her own perspective when that player is probably a 14 year old kid that was encouraged to come on forums and share his thoughts. Haha I mean this hypocritical environment. You guys ask for logic and reality yet are okay with the lack of it in game. You guys want change, yet you don't unite. You guys want people to come on forums, yet criticize them with negative remarks then use the justification of "preparing them for the real world". You guys aren't parents, nor elders when it comes to cyberspace. You're merely another player on this game, protected by anonymity, and deserving of respect.

Eh, not my game anymore. You guys can tear yourselves apart.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/17/2016 18:08:54 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
5/17/2016 18:48:51   
Optimise

quote:

The berserker killer wrote:
Edit: Lol I mean look in the forum below me. You guys really think that was the way to go about things? Nearly each and every one of the individuals who replied on that forum did so with malicious intent and with little respect to the OP. That alone is disgusting, revulsive, and makes me want to go off forums now. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and even our PR liaison could've done better with his wording. It's clear that the OP is asking for old promos to come back so instead of criticizing and belittling him/her for that you guys could have explored your options and gathered some more information as to exactly what the individual wants the most: Cores or the art. Below is something I would've written:

quote:

Even though the devs have broken their promise in the past quite a few times, I don't think old promos will be coming back soon. Personally I wouldn't mind, but realistically the devs themselves have said that they won't be releasing old promos. Maybe if it's the cores you want then we can push for them to remake the cores of old promos and possibly sell them in vendbot? This way the core and the art maintain their uniqueness, the playerbase can experiment/have some fun, and you partially get what you want to. Is that okay?

But no. Instead of following the steps of 1) Addressing the problem 2) Offering constructive criticism & 3) Offering a counter-suggestion based off of the criticism, everyone just criticizes in a negative manner. The majority of them attacked a single player who came on forums to solely make the game better in his/her own perspective when that player is probably a 14 year old kid that was encouraged to come on forums and share his thoughts. Haha I mean this hypocritical environment. You guys ask for logic and reality yet are okay with the lack of it in game. You guys want change, yet you don't unite. You guys want people to come on forums, yet criticize them with negative remarks then use the justification of "preparing them for the real world". You guys aren't parents, nor elders when it comes to cyberspace. You're merely another player on this game, protected by anonymity, and deserving of respect.

Hmm. You're offending people with that post of yours now aren't you? Not productive, nor constructive at all. You are clearly referring to this thread, and so I have taken slight offense from this post of yours as it's attacking those who posted on said thread. I would also like to clarify that I never make a post with the intent of harming anyone in any way. If I need to directly attack someone which I never do, I do it without the need of "sneak-dissing". A user should not be posting something that would cause discussions and logical arguments (suggestions, ideas, etc...), if he/she is unable to withstand the mental strain of hearing other peoples feedback - instead of misinterpreting as attacks.

I was being straight-forward and frank in that thread about the topic with the thread starter, RaXZerGamingZ. The said suggestion or subject has been brought up countless times, and it was answered adequately every-time by the developers. If anyone is not being constructive, then the moderators or ArchKnights take action, and the thread that you are referring to has clearly been reviewed and locked by WhiteTiger, a moderator of this forum, who has not taken any actions against the users (those you accused of attacking another user) - meaning that no one has broken any rules.

I have taken notice that you and a few others constantly misuse the phrase "Constructive Criticism", and as such I made a very detailed and thorough post about your deluded concept of "Constructive Criticism" which you have clearly ignored. Here is the post I made:

quote:

Hello,

I am just popping by to address a few questions and concerns from some people here as I think there are a few misinterpretations and misunderstandings in this discussion. In advance, I would like to emphasise that it is not my intention to harm nor flame anyone. I would also like to point out that most of us on the ED forums are aware of the forum's rules and especially how to post seeing as most of us here are experienced - but nevertheless we are all very much welcomed to see that there are individuals who are always reviewing and linking/quoting to the rules before creating a post.

I do not intend to encourage anyone here to start flaming or of the sort, but am rather discouraging those who are currently behaving inappropriately and talking nonsense. The main intention of this post is to address the concerns of The beserker killer, GodOfTechno, and a few others who are quite deluded by the concept of constructive criticism. It certainly is not proper etiquette to resort to personal attacks on the forums, and as such I hope no one takes my post (below) personally.

I would like to provide a brief understanding of what constructive criticism actually is. Constructive criticism can be provided in the form of an opinion, so opinions nor facts should be disregarded in discussions. Opinion begets opinion. In this case, Front45's opinion on EpicDuel's current situation begot others' opinion on the topic. I am not saying that everything he/she has said is mere opinion, there are also facts. Suggestions and such can and usually do derive from your own beliefs and judgement (of the game) which then bring about discussions. I concur that constructive criticism is needed in order to improve the discussion going on in a thread, however I believe that some have a misconception of what constructive criticism actually is.

quote:

What is it?
Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

This quote is taken from the forum rules, which can be found stickied on the ED GD board. In no way do the rules imply that we are obliged to provide an alternative or suggest changes to a suggestion/discussion, etc... Constructive criticism can be given in a way so that it highlights the pros and cons of the topic but it does not necessitate you to actually provide both in order to positively contribute towards a discussion. Pointing out negative aspects of something can positively effect the discussion, as that is what creates a discussion; negative versus positive, and we then battle it out in order to balance it; weighing out between the two and see which holds more weight - subsequently requesting changes.

Feedback is feedback in the end. It would not make sense if one just points out the good aspects of something, it is necessary that the bad side be expressed in a thoughtful and positive manner as well.

If one creates a thread and subsequently dissuades the community from replying by saying something along the lines of "Do not bother discussing, because [insert reason]" - this can also be considered destructive and unproductive. If one fails to discuss (of course in an appropriate manner) their suggestion or topic because everyone is against it (having provided appropriate feedback), consequently requesting deletion or lock of said thread due to the reason that he/she was unable to fight back -- is something very unproductive to do, and disrespectful towards the community here on the forums.

I think that everyone here is behaving appropriately (excluding the small bickering regarding how one should post) enough to carry on forward with this discussion. It is not that everyone is behaving inappropriate here, but rather the upbringing of this topic is somewhat bitter to it's core and will only bring about sour posts from users. Ridiculous and ludicrous threads will only beget ridiculous and ludicrous replies.

To address those who have accused a few individuals of being disrespectful towards the thread creator -- they certainly were not being disrespectful. Even if it is the slightest disrespectful towards the thread creator, he/she should be aware of his unusual and despicable behavior both in-game and on the forums and behave accordingly in the future, and therefore expect ill will from some members. It is however evident that he/she is not taking any of the feedback previously received into consideration when blatantly and constantly creating threads of similar concerns of which have previously been answered many times.

You have to earn respect. Simply put, to expect respect you have give respect first. One may question whether Front45 is being respectful with his constant postings here on the forums, of which can also be considered spam. One cannot expect to be respected or praised by the community for inappropriate behavior of spamming pointless topics across the entire forums. Some might be cheeky enough to redirect my words back at me by saying that one cannot expect respect from Front45 as others are not respecting him at first, but that is clearly not the case as the same concerns of which he posted about in this thread have been answered many times over the past year.

That being said, I will go ahead and answer Front45. I'll be frank and upfront about this, some of your suggestions there are to please yourself or because you are not able to play properly. I would highly advise you to continue playing, and review your losses as to how and why you lost and then make changes to your build or strategy accordingly. Another thing I would suggest you do to avoid such a hostile response from the community is, stop bombarding the forums with these posts that contain lists rather than a single topic to discuss about - one reason being, it will make some make some people reluctant to reply to your threads in a good manner. There are different boards in the forums for this reason, so that everything isn't being discussed in one place.

All in all, most of your concerns have already been answered in the past, and nothing has changed of ED that would have a different answer to your questions at this time. I think spamming the forums with the same topic isn't the best way to get things across to the developers or community. I am sure that the developers are very much well aware of what the community wants at this point, and with a new PR person recruited we can only hope that things will change in the future.
Source

< Message edited by Optimise -- 5/17/2016 18:50:31 >
Post #: 5
5/17/2016 18:51:01   
Satafou

You know it's quite amusing that of all the people to call someone a "hypocrite" it ironically comes from yourself. It would appear you seem to think that every idea you come up with is substantial for the game's growth, however 90% of what you do suggest has either already been suggested before or it simply isn't needed and would be a waste of time and effort to even bother with. You constantly go on and on about "constructive criticism" acting as if you're in a position on these forums to actually lecture people about how they should post. Although it's only laughable as your idea of constructive criticism is somewhat inaccurate. If you have in fact stopped playing the game, why on earth are you trying to get the devs to morph the game into your own perspective as what you believe the game should be, through the use of your countless wonderfully pointless ideas. The thing is, there is a time-frame. ED will die, at this point i highly doubt the devs will put any work into ED as simply put there's no point. I'd imagine they're still focusing on BioBeasts and trying to figure out how to make a downloaded version of ED with hopefully the intention of keeping everyone's progress, although i sadly get the feeling they will want a fresh start with the downloaded version to possibly attract a larger newer player base.
Post #: 6
5/17/2016 18:53:15   
Altador987

I like the idea, i think it's certainly something that could work, but on a separate note:

I understand you're fighting for constructive and peaceful criticism, and that is certainly commendable. However when you make statements like: "Any arguing or un-constructive criticism is not appreciated and will result in asking for this thread to be locked" you're not actually pulling for said constructive criticism, you're asking for only those who support or have a better idea to add to your idea (which is still support) to respond, the understood notion being that you simply don't care for the opinions of those who might oppose your idea or see it as less than a priority worth implementing. It's super passive-agressive and frankly very rude as the implication is that you assume reading audiences aren't aware of what you're actually aiming for. If you're really against having nay-sayers or those who don't find your ideas the best then simply find a way to send your ideas to the devs privately, otherwise with all due respect you're just as disrespectful if not more than those who at least have the backbone to state exactly what they mean.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/17/2016 19:03:44   
Lord Machaar

quote:

So, if someone argues against you, you will give up on the suggestion and request a lock? (Reverse psychology. ^This is how you get people to argue with you, even if they weren't planning to.)

And I find it quite funny. I think forums shoud allow AKs to lock threads only when they feel they should lock it, not just because a 12 - 13 y.o kid can't get over himself or deal with real world. Or too sensitive to deal with critics. I wouldn't advise such individuals to hop on forums then/internet generally.

This suggestion is just a mini gifting event. I would rather the whole community get use of it. Instead of having mini-feasts for some factions who their leaders can afford having feasts, we have gifting event for everyone to enjoy. There are many other ways to reward officers/faction members (Gifting cards..).

quote:

I'm not here to argue. I'm here doing the same thing I've been trying to do since the beginning: offering simple suggestions that will give players something to do and keep us occupied. So, if an active player of ED comes on the forums and tries to belittle me with a negative tone and un-constructive criticism about a potentially good idea that benefits nearly everyone....i'm not fighting back. You guys play the game too, you guys know very well what the game needs. Yet they allow their immaturity and personal feelings to cloud their judgement. They become so occupied with fighting to unite instead uniting to fight for a more fun game.

Funny when each individual classifies opinions/replies of others as contructive or not, and ask them to be constructive when it's none of their business. "Negative". You want forum members to preach you and support every suggestion of yours, and say you are right 100% of the time, in order to be happy? Guess what, constructive critisicsm is both postitive and negative. Members have the choice to express their opinions freely and you do not have the right to judge them for that.

Feeling their reply doesn't suit you? Don't reply back, at all, not even the "It's not my game, it's yours", we appreciate you care but you can keep that for yourself. Period. Otherwise, classifying their replies in your reply without actually replying to them is called mini-modding, and according to rules where you took the definition of constructive criticism from. That deserves a ban.

quote:

I'm just here to offer a suggestion. Any arguing or un-constructive criticism is not appreciated and will result in asking for this thread to be locked.

The AK will lock the thread feels like it should be locked. But AKs allowing you to write this message, is kinda goes under the "double standards" category, since I've seen more than once posts like these of yours get edited, and this same message gets taken off. Guess what a regular member gets after breaking the rules and posts same message again? according to the rules, a ban.
So if you wanna follow rules, follow all of them. Constructive criticism is one of the rules, and you remember us of it each time. I remember you that mini-modding is also breaking the rules and deserves a ban. Guess which one is worst?
quote:

We don't have a member here that is only breaking rules but also intriguing members. And it has been quite few months where these incidents occured, kinda surprised I'm not seeing bans.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/17/2016 20:02:41 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
5/17/2016 19:51:17   
Dual Thrusters

I'm seeing a trend here...

OP: *insert suggestion here*
Member1: supported
OP: thx
Member2: can't implement that because *insert reasons here*
OP: your game not mine, request lock.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/17/2016 19:54:43   
Lord Machaar

^ How could someone say it any better...
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
5/17/2016 20:05:55   
The berserker killer

It seems as if the thread has gone off topic and turned into flaming. As stated, I am not here to argue. Apologies.

Please lock the thread. Thank you
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
5/17/2016 20:10:52   
Lord Machaar

quote:

As stated, I am not here to argue. Apologies.

That also implies, if you don't want to argue on topic and defend your suggestion while accepting critics and bending the suggestion to bypass them, you also do not have the right classify replies of other members, into constructive or not constructive. In the end, it's you who derailed the discussion, don't reply at all if you aren't going to say anything besides: "Your game not mine". You said it once although it was edited out not once or twice by AKs, and you wrote it again without them actually doing something about the matter, but either ways, if you said it an OP, your caring is appreciated, but the suggestion belongs to the community once it's here, everyone can discuss it, and we can discuss it with you or without you, and you don't have the priviliges to stop that or control that.

I think we are good now, many points were cleared out. It's time for AKs to do some work and apply some rules.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/17/2016 20:19:25 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/17/2016 20:15:41   
The berserker killer

Yes indeed
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
5/17/2016 20:18:51   
Lord Machaar

Totally.
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
5/17/2016 20:22:31   
Optimise

I would very much appreciate it if you could read my post above, especially the one I quoted from another thread as it answers your concerns quite adequately. I understand that you are not here to "argue", but then what are you here for. Here's the definition of "Argue" with an example too:
quote:

Argue:

to present reasons for or against a thing:
He argued in favor of capital punishment.
Being able to justify and back your suggestions with reasons is "arguing", and if you are not here to do just that... then for what reason was this thread created for if you're not going to even argue for your suggestions. I am not trying to be rude here, but am simply pointing out that I am being wrongly accused of being a villain - as you are in fact the person who is being disrespectful. If you would like to know how so, then read my post above - although it may be long, it is very informative and should help you prosper in terms of communicating with people and whatnot.

So yes, if you are not going to bother reading peoples feedback then there is no need for such a thread. As described by individuals above, you are seemingly abusing your privileges as a normal user by requesting your threads to be locked every-time someone that is providing logical reasons and facts against your suggestion. The truth is always bitter, and that is why you are trying to avoid it. Face the truth, and fight (as in argue appropriately, not asking you bring arms on the forums) for your ideas even if you no longer play the game.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 5/17/2016 20:25:33 >

Just because you're both but neither doesn't mean you're none
Post #: 15
5/17/2016 20:28:38   
The berserker killer

It does appear that this thread is off-track. Thank you for your reply. Any further comments can be pmd to me.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/18/2016 22:14:14 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
5/17/2016 20:32:39   
Amethystlock

hohwow how did a nice suggestion come to this. let's all sit back and relax comfortably in the nearest armchair - get some warm clothes and cocoa. I like the idea of feasts, it brings people together. the hard thing is getting a lot of people together at once though. and a lot of the time, people might get something they'd sell for credits anyway. i think prize codes are going to be the closest thing we'll get to the feasting idea. 350 credits isn't enough.. but we make do.

~Arrrr
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/17/2016 20:38:05   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the reply. The difficulty of getting everyone online would be tough which is why I limited it to only officers need to be online. This way the faction leader can ultimately decide when to have a feast or not.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 18
5/17/2016 20:49:57   
Optimise

@The berserker killer - Dismissing ones post by thanking him in a fake manner just because you were unable to fight back - is very disrespectful and obviously not constructive. Threads here are made with the intention of discussing and arguing about it, and clearly none of that happens in your threads because you request it be locked before it can be discussed.

@Amethystlock - I ask that you read through this entire thread to understand the context behind our posts, with that accomplished you will be aware of The berserker killer's inappropriate and despicable behavior on the forums which warranted a few individuals including myself to educate her so that she can improve in the future.

< Message edited by Optimise -- 5/17/2016 20:50:26 >
Post #: 19
5/17/2016 21:02:11   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the reply.

I apologize you feel that way. That was not my intention as my apology was sincere. I am only asking for the thread to be locked due to the violation of the precaution I have initially stated. To any AK: I do wish for this thread to be locked still as we have ventured off topic
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
5/18/2016 12:23:31   
8x

I see that you made a few more suggestion threads. I'm posting in this one (since it's probably getting locked anyways) because I don't want to accidentally start any arguing in the other ones.

Again, reverse psychology. If you write things like "no arguing" and "I don't care anymore", people will come to your thread just to argue/disagree/whatever.
For example, unlike you, I actually don't care anymore (except for ED wiki). The only reason why I decided to post in this thread was because of what you wrote in the first line of text...
Also, if you keep responding, they/we will keep responding.
Epic  Post #: 21
5/18/2016 13:07:56   
Lord Machaar

^ The thread is off topic from its head to the toes, so to start off, we need to clean the OP from off topic material to start an on topic discussion. Then whoever gets off topic gets a warning. These are the rules, classifying replies to appropriate or not is solely up to AKs, if this task is too big for them or rules have changed, it would be great they let us know.

If warnings were equally and properly sent out to all members, we wouldn't be seeing such problems, but oh well. Some members are just stubborn, so saying same stuff to them over and over again by aks or members won't work, solution? Apply the rules.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/18/2016 13:09:19 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
5/18/2016 20:41:55   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the reply.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 23
5/18/2016 20:46:32   
Lord Machaar

You are very much welcomed. Me and the guys have cleared out some important points.

Let us know anytime, if you are misunderstanding something about the rules or confused about them, or you need an education session to grasp them. Please, don't be shy, we are here to help members who are in need.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/18/2016 20:52:26 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 24
5/18/2016 22:04:26   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the reply.

It will not be needed.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/18/2016 22:18:08 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Faction Feasts/Toasts
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition